Take care of me

Todd tilted his head to the side. His smile faded, for a moment. His hands tensed on his arms, but only for a moment, as they quickly moved, in a flurry, to pull a cigarette from his pockets. He lighted it without his lighter - the gesture clumsy, hasty. He was here too, then. Todd was capable of finding his own kind. He only had to turn to the headline news, to find some indication that his people were there. They marked the headlines in broad strokes, with declarations of "War!" and "Death!" He, on the other hand, was consigned to the tabloids and the back pages, where he was listed in statistics. His mouth corners twitched, and he dove his hands into the pockets of his jeans, fiddling around for something in their depths that he hoped he would not have to use.

He had met him before, and sometimes they had been the same person. Sometimes, they intermingled in the office, chatting by the metaphysical water-cooler. It had always been a cold sort of conversation. It had been made of passive-agressive bullshit and feigned friendship. Todd was not friends with his co-workers, and they were not friends with him. It would have been mutually assured destruction, if he had. But they were aspects of one another, and sometimes that came down to friendship. More often, it came down to the big fish eating the little fish, and the littlest fish dying. Todd did not want to be the littlest fish.

Todd recollected himself, and smiled toothily at the door, but behind his glasses, his eyes darted around him. They were searching eyes. The Other was older than he was. Possibly the Oldest. But now wasn't the time. His fingers curled in his bottomless pockets, fingers moving about the tiny mouths and suckers from thousands of different people. They grasped the scroll, and his fingers brushed against the indents where the letters had been written. Maybe the Boss had sent him. Maybe their Boss wanted them to work together. Maybe their Boss didn't give a rat's ass about his creations, and wanted simply to see them fail. Todd suspected it might be that.

He blinked, as the door was opened. He looked over Raiden, and smiled. "I kin' fin' 'er if yeh wan' 'er. If yeh wan' 'er, I can get 'er. Whuk fer a retrievel-orgin'izayshun of sor's." His accent seemed even more incomprehensible. "It kyn'na depen's on yeh, kiddo. Yeh want The G'ehl. I geh' yeh, The Gehl."

But, in another language, in a hive-mind beyond worlds, between worlds, between places, he whispered quietly.

-What are you doing here?-

[size=+1]The response in the space between spaces comes as laughter, the sound of a thousand eldritch fingers scraping across a thousand chalkboards intermixed with screams.

-For similar reasons to you, old friend.-

The door to the house has finally been opened, The Boy peering out at Todd. Trust is not an easy thing to come by, and Todd still has not earned it yet. An advantage to be exploited in the little competition now brewing between the two.

The bizarre phone scrolling with ancient symbols is retrieved from its pocket once again, and once again he checks it. Whatever it says produces another hiss of laughter in the between space.

-Best be extra charismatic with this one, for you are running out of time. Would not want to let The Girl fall into my hands now, would you?-

Many times across the years they have danced this particular dance, engaged in this manner of encounter. Sometimes working together... more often competing for a different final result. Always involving someone such as The Girl.

Todd sees her as the goal, the final result.

He takes a different view.

To him, she's the target.[/size]

// Hey so, what types of characters and creatures are allowed?

((It seems to be a catch-all. Modern-Supernatural thing is going on.))

( Sorry if i haven't been on, very busy with the upcoming final test and contest next week, so sorry T w T Anway, i'm back and i see that the rp is somehow dead so i'll make the best of it :3 )

The guy who had pulled her hair lifted her on his shoulders dragging her to the car, Rayne just stayed put without even screaming, she knew she was scared but screaming loudly wouldn't mean anything. They were all along in an alley, no one could hear her or see them, so what's the point of screaming for nothing? The guy threw her on the back seat making her head hit the other car door and groaned softly, she had to show them they weren't weak otherwise they'd take advantage of her.

" Acting all brave will never help you little one~ " another guy had said entering the same door where she was thrown at, she looked up the window seeing the sky, it made her have a pleasant feeling but soon enough she knew that feeling would be lost. There was 1 guy at the back staying behind her then 2 at the front, they were drinking while talking about what they're gonna do to her, she didn't like they're conversation so much so she decided to ignore it until the guy beside her had grabbed her left shoulder and pulled her near him, she wanted to cover her mouth since he stunk smelling like alcohol, but no luck but her hands were tied up by a rope, she already bet there were scar mark leaving since she kept on struggling since a while ago.

The guy beside her laughed,
" I see your not very comfortable with people touching you hmmmmm? " he said teasingly while rubbing her left shoulder hard, she closed her eyes tight wanting him to stop it, she already knew that. No matted who it was she hated people touching her, unless it's younger children it's acceptable. " I could use another doll, maybe we could keep her instead, " the man driving said while smirking, he was watching the way but she knew he was really drunk, the guy beside her and the guy on the front continued laughing like this was a get together party. She needed to get out of here, fast, " Escaping won't work missy, why won't you just try a drink, " the guy beside her had said again while forcing the bottle on her mouth, lucky thing she closed it tight, plus she hated drinking. "MMM!" she complained while trying to move around from the hard grip on her left shoulder.

Reactions: Everlasting