2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Slice of Life, Horror, Fandoms, Superheroes, Crime, Drama, Grit, Supernatural, Light Sci-Fi, Modern Era, Dark Themes

about neptune

Hey there! I'm neptune and since I'm looking for a few new writing buddies, I figured I'd make a shiny new search! Please send me a PM or post here if you see something that you like <3

- I have been roleplaying for about ten years. It started off with Harry Potter, then branched into DC Comics and now my interests are pretty much all over the place.
- I'd consider myself an advanced writer that prefers quality over quantity. There is a sample of my writing in my RP Resume, or you can just go through my profile and lurk my current threads. I usually match whatever I'm given, but my standard minimum is three paragraphs.
- As you can see, I like pretty posts but BBCode is not a requirement for writing with me.
- I play males and females equally and don't have a preference for the gender of my characters most of the time.
- I don't mind doubling and I love playing multiple characters as well as NPCs.
- Gimmie that gay shit.
- Straight ships are a-okay too.
- I prefer using real people (actors/celebrities/etc.) for face claims, but I'm also cool with art in some instances as long as it's not anime.
- My character sheets are minimal because I prefer for things develop and come out as the RP progresses. Long and overly detailed sheets take me eighty-four years to fill out and every minute of it is agony. I'll compromise and meet you in the middle, though.
- Realistically, I can reply once or twice a week.
- I try really hard not to ghost people, but it happens sometimes and it's usually because I either missed the alert or checked it on my phone and forgot to grab it later for my laptop. Feel free to send me a poke if you haven't heard from me in a week or two!
- Overall, communication OOC is really important to me. If I don't like the way a scene is going, I'll tell you. If I'm not feeling the RP anymore, I'll tell you. If I'm going to be out of touch for a certain amount of time, I'll tell you!
- It's my not so secret hope to become friends with all of my partners, so feel free to add me on Discord and chat with me!
- I write most of my replies to music, so if we're partners then there's a high chance that a Spotify playlist for our thread will be coming your way.

potential partners

- Please be 18+ and know that I'll side eye you if you don't have a red or blue heart next to your name.
- I'm looking for someone who considers themselves adept or above in writing ability. I'm not saying you have to have perfect grammar and spelling all the time (I don't, lol), but I also don't want to be left guessing about what your replies mean. I'd also like to see some kind of flow in replies and not just a recap/reaction to whatever I wrote.
- Be ready to plot, plan and worldbuild! I love to brainstorm and bounce ideas around with my partners and it bums me out when that normally fun process becomes like pulling teeth with one word answers. I don't want to tell a story by myself.
- Please don't only play one gender; please don't assume a role without discussion; please don't suggest we double and then forget about the other pair; please respect me and my creative endeavors and know that my characters are not just here to romance your OC.
- Communicate with me! If you like something, if you don't like something, if you have an idea, if you want to do a second thread, I'm here for all of it and I want to hear everything.
- In an ideal world, no one would ever ghost anyone, but just try to tell me if you want out of the RP or you need to take off.
- I don't poke people for posts. I'm very patient and will wait months for a reply if you need it, but I'd prefer a partner who can post once a week (or more, I won't complain).

word bank

[ m x m ][ m x f ][ f x f ][ romance ][ slow burn ][ angst ][ drama ][ heartbreak ][ love triangles ][ closeted characters ][ age differences ][ sociopaths ][ blood ][ gore ][ body horror ][ space horror ][ cosmic horror ][ existential dread ][ american gothic ][ government experiments ][ alternative history ][ political drama ][ the cold war ][ dystopian ][ 1960s - present ][ near future ][ neon ][ vaporwave ][ grunge ][ drug use ][ alcohol use ][ drunk dials and texts ][ tortured artists ][ infidelity ][ secrets ][ polyamory ][ family dynamic ][ slice of life ][ social commentary ][ ghosts ][ demons ][ angels ][ vampires ][ werewolves ][ religious themes ][ big forests ][ a desert ][ hostile aliens ][ zombies ][ monsters ][ cryptids ][ sci-fi ][ super powers ][ vigilantes ][ conspiracies ][ flawed characters ][ unexplained mysteries ][ dopplegangers ][ parallel universes][ altered reality ][ spies ][ androids ][ robots ][ retrofuturism ][ bruises ][ bloody knuckles ][ apathy ][ mental illness ][ time travel ]

fandoms / pairings

I'm not going to list characters, but I do canon/canon as well as canon/OC and OC/OC. Ask me if you're looking for something specific:
- Star Wars
- Star Trek
- Wayward Pines
- The Hunger Games
- Blade Runner
- DC Comics
- X-Men
- Stranger Things
- Pacific Rim
- Harry Potter
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The Purge
- Annihilation/The Southern Reach Trilogy
- Alien(s)
- Childhood's End
- Bird Box
- The Stand

Non-fandom pairings:
- Politician / Employee
- Rival / Rival
- Spy / Spy
- Vampire / Fledgling
- Vampire / Human
- Billionaire Playboy / Runaway
- Prince / Prince
- Prince / Princess
- Royal / Commoner
- Researcher / Test Subject
- Doctor / Patient
- Doctor / Nurse
- Deadly Sin / Holy Virtue
- Make a suggestion

odds and ends

Everything listed below is purposefully vague so that we can make it our own during plotting.

- Cold War Russian spies living in America and working for the Kremlin.
- House of Cards style political drama where we can create our own House and Senate conditions and cackle about what a beautiful mess we've made.
- Vigilante crime fighters (powered or non) who used to be lovers (or a team) and are now enemies.
- A meteorite from deep space crash lands on Earth, infecting the first responders who found it with a virus that mimics the flu. After the flu passes, they are left with various powers (telekinesis, pyrokinesis, etc.) and no idea how to control them.
- A medium (who may or may not be a fraud) who assists police with missing persons cases.
- The young wife of an assassin finds herself widowed and on the run with the spy who killed her husband.
- Modern royalty or "Crazy Rich" somebodies.
- Post-apocalyptic cannibal mutants and a pair of survivors trying to make it in the new world.
- The devastating effects of climate change forces humans off of Earth and into deep space to either hunt for a new planet or survive aboard a space ship for the rest of eternity.
- An attempt to colonize the moon (or Mars) goes horrifically wrong.
- Rebuilding society in a lawless land after the failure of the power grid.
- An FBI agent has an inappropriate relationship with a criminal informant.
- Formerly dead people returning to life (not zombies) as if nothing happened and their loved ones trying to make sense of it.
- A far off future where organs are harvested from the poor to give to the rich in order to keep them eternally youthful. Some of the wealthiest have lived for half a century.
- A cult or some kind of budding serial killer based in the 1970s before crime fighting got sophisticated.
- Berlin in the 80s in the same vein as Atomic Blonde, various spy games, lots of neon contrasted with some harsh reality. Good music.
- Some cozy/grungy/heartfelt slice of life thing with deep characters and emotional stakes.
- Pitch me a plot of your own! I'm down to hear anything.

Last edited:
Pssttt! You're coding is fantastic and there are a few plots id love to talk with ya about but im a nervous jelly bean so I mentioned it here!!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: neptune
A meteorite from deep space crash lands on Earth, infecting the first responders who found it with a virus that mimics the flu. After the flu passes, they are left with various powers (telekinesis, pyrokinesis, etc.) and no idea how to control them.
oOoOooOooOoOoo

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: neptune
Very interested in Deadly Sin / Holy Virtue and Spy / Spy!!

Very interested in Deadly Sin / Holy Virtue and Spy / Spy!!
Awesome! Go ahead and PM me and we’ll see if we can get something going c:

about neptune

Hey there! I'm neptune and since I'm looking for a few new writing buddies, I figured I'd make a shiny new search! Please send me a PM or post here if you see something that you like <3

- I have been roleplaying for about ten years. It started off with Harry Potter, then branched into DC Comics and now my interests are pretty much all over the place.
- I'd consider myself an advanced writer that prefers quality over quantity. There is a sample of my writing in my RP Resume, or you can just go through my profile and lurk my current threads. I usually match whatever I'm given, but my standard minimum is three paragraphs.
- As you can see, I like pretty posts but BBCode is not a requirement for writing with me.
- I play males and females equally and don't have a preference for the gender of my characters most of the time.
- I don't mind doubling and I love playing multiple characters as well as NPCs.
- Gimmie that gay shit.
- Straight ships are a-okay too.
- I prefer using real people (actors/celebrities/etc.) for face claims, but I'm also cool with art in some instances as long as it's not anime.
- My character sheets are minimal because I prefer for things develop and come out as the RP progresses. Long and overly detailed sheets take me eighty-four years to fill out and every minute of it is agony. I'll compromise and meet you in the middle, though.
- Realistically, I can reply once or twice a week.
- I try really hard not to ghost people, but it happens sometimes and it's usually because I either missed the alert or checked it on my phone and forgot to grab it later for my laptop. Feel free to send me a poke if you haven't heard from me in a week or two!
- Overall, communication OOC is really important to me. If I don't like the way a scene is going, I'll tell you. If I'm not feeling the RP anymore, I'll tell you. If I'm going to be out of touch for a certain amount of time, I'll tell you!
- It's my not so secret hope to become friends with all of my partners, so feel free to add me on Discord and chat with me!
- I write most of my replies to music, so if we're partners then there's a high chance that a Spotify playlist for our thread will be coming your way.

potential partners

- Please be 18+ and know that I'll side eye you if you don't have a red or blue heart next to your name.
- I'm looking for someone who considers themselves adept or above in writing ability. I'm not saying you have to have perfect grammar and spelling all the time (I don't, lol), but I also don't want to be left guessing about what your replies mean. I'd also like to see some kind of flow in replies and not just a recap/reaction to whatever I wrote.
- Be ready to plot, plan and worldbuild! I love to brainstorm and bounce ideas around with my partners and it bums me out when that normally fun process becomes like pulling teeth with one word answers. I don't want to tell a story by myself.
- Please don't only play one gender; please don't assume a role without discussion; please don't suggest we double and then forget about the other pair; please respect me and my creative endeavors and know that my characters are not just here to romance your OC. And please don't think I'm a jerk for having to say all that.
- Communicate with me! If you like something, if you don't like something, if you have an idea, if you want to do a second thread, I'm here for all of it and I want to hear everything.
- In an ideal world, no one would ever ghost anyone, but just try to tell me if you want out of the RP or you need to take off.
- I don't poke people for posts. I'm very patient and will wait months for a reply if you need it, but I'd prefer a partner who can post once a week (or more, I won't complain).

word bank

[ m x m ][ m x f ][ f x f ][ romance ][ slow burn ][ angst ][ drama ][ heartbreak ][ love triangles ][ closeted characters ][ age differences ][ sociopaths ][ blood ][ gore ][ body horror ][ space horror ][ cosmic horror ][ existential dread ][ american gothic ][ government experiments ][ alternative history ][ political drama ][ the cold war ][ dystopian ][ 1960s - present ][ near future ][ neon ][ vaporwave ][ grunge ][ drug use ][ alcohol use ][ drunk dials and texts ][ tortured artists ][ infidelity ][ secrets ][ polyamory ][ family dynamic ][ slice of life ][ social commentary ][ ghosts ][ demons ][ angels ][ vampires ][ werewolves ][ religious themes ][ big forests ][ a desert ][ hostile aliens ][ zombies ][ monsters ][ cryptids ][ sci-fi ][ super powers ][ vigilantes ][ conspiracies ][ flawed characters ][ unexplained mysteries ][ dopplegangers ][ parallel universes][ altered reality ][ spies ][ androids ][ robots ][ retrofuturism ][ bruises ][ bloody knuckles ][ apathy ][ mental illness ][ time travel ]

fandoms / pairings

I'm not going to list characters, but I do canon/canon as well as canon/OC and OC/OC. Ask me if you're looking for something specific:
- Star Wars
- Star Trek
- Wayward Pines
- The Hunger Games
- Blade Runner
- DC Comics
- X-Men
- Stranger Things
- Pacific Rim
- Harry Potter
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (world only)
- The Purge (world only)
- Annihilation/The Southern Reach Trilogy
- Alien(s)
- Childhood's End

Non-fandom pairings:
- Politician / Employee
- Rival / Rival
- Spy / Spy
- Vampire / Fledgling
- Vampire / Human
- Billionaire Playboy / Runaway
- Prince / Prince
- Prince / Princess
- Royal / Commoner
- Researcher / Test Subject
- Doctor / Patient
- Doctor / Nurse
- Deadly Sin / Holy Virtue
- Make a suggestion

odds and ends

Everything listed below is purposefully vague so that we can make it our own during plotting.

- Cold War Russian spies living in America and working for the Kremlin.
- House of Cards style political drama where we can create our own House and Senate conditions and cackle about what a beautiful mess we've made.
- Vigilante crime fighters (powered or non) who used to be lovers (or a team) and are now enemies.
- A meteorite from deep space crash lands on Earth, infecting the first responders who found it with a virus that mimics the flu. After the flu passes, they are left with various powers (telekinesis, pyrokinesis, etc.) and no idea how to control them.
- A medium (who may or may not be a fraud) who assists police with missing persons cases.
- The young wife of an assassin finds herself widowed and on the run with the spy who killed her husband.
- Modern royalty or "Crazy Rich" somebodies.
- Post-apocalyptic cannibal mutants and a pair of survivors trying to make it in the new world.
- The devastating effects of climate change forces humans off of Earth and into deep space to either hunt for a new planet or survive aboard a space ship for the rest of eternity.
- An attempt to colonize the moon (or Mars) goes horrifically wrong.
- Rebuilding society in a lawless land after the failure of the power grid.
- An FBI agent has an inappropriate relationship with a criminal informant.
- A boring dystopia where Amazon delivery drones are shot out of the sky for parts and advertisements are beamed directly into your brain; where people humiliate themselves on soulless reality shows for an organ transplant or life-saving drugs. Today, but worse.
- Formerly dead people returning to life (not zombies) as if nothing happened and their loved ones trying to make sense of it.
- A far off future where organs are harvested from the poor to give to the rich in order to keep them eternally youthful. Some of the wealthiest have lived for half a century.
- A cult or some kind of budding serial killer based in the 1970s before crime fighting got sophisticated.
- Pitch me a plot of your own! I'm down to hear anything.

Great offers!

Star Wars, Star Trek and Blade Runner take my fancy.

As for originals, Spy v Spy sounds great and I laos have some original ideas you may like too.

Tentatively still looking in the new year! I’m craving something Russian as well as the worlds of Wayward Pines, Annihilation, and Bird Box. Maybe the Purge as well but it will depend on the plot.