Tagging in a thread no longer alerts the tagged user?

fatalrendezvous

Ever forward.
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
  6. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
8 AM - 6 PM and 10 PM - 2 AM
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
I wasn't sure if this was intentionally taken out.

But it used to be that when you used the @ tag, like @fatalrendezvous for example, it would notify the user you tagged that they'd been tagged in a post. It no longer does that, as far as I can tell.

I miss this feature because it helps alert you to particular posts that are directed at you.

Tagging doesn't work in the groups at all (as far as I have seen), so if you've been using it there, people will not get an alert. D:

If there's been problems in forum threads, your alerts might be stacking, as the forum tries not to spam people's accounts with a million alerts. So if you're getting A LOT of alerts from the same source (tags, new post alerts, etc) it'd condense them all in to one alert and not give you any more until you've read that thread. >>

That is my present theory anyway. O_O check and see.

I recently got a tag notification, so maybe it does work. I understand what you mean about combining the alerts though - many of the tags I've had recently have been in watched threads so it probably has just been condensing them into one.

Thanks for the clarification!