Tabbi's Character Condos

T

Tabitha

Original poster

Welcome to my Character Condos! This is a one stop shop for all my brain babies I'll be using on Iwaku or are waiting for roleplay homes. If a character tickles your muse, I ask that you please read my Request Thread then send me a PM so we can get plotting. Thanks for reading!

The Setup
Each character post will include different tabs that flesh them out.
Some may be a bit more detailed than others but I'll go back and edit the shorter ones as ideas, character development, and inspirations arise.
The tabs include but aren't limited to:

Character- A short (or long) drabble about who they are that gives a bit of context.
Personality- Goes more in-depth about their personality, has their backstory, and their preferences.
Aesthetic- All the fun, shiny stuff like aesthetic pictures and character soundtrack!

For your convenience, I'll be listing their names below as I finish their profiles. If they're already in an RP, I'll put a "" beside the link. Click on a name to jump to their post:

Lord Adagio Trevelyan of Orlais

Last edited by a moderator:

• Lord Adagio Trevelyan of Orlais was supposed to have attended the Conclave at the Temple of Sacred Ashes. He remembers the carriage ride distinctly. Despite never making it he also should have died...

Winter in Ferelden wouldn't be what many called pleasant. Even so, the clear sky took on a pallid yellow hue, a color that either preceded unusual happenings or led one's imagination to believe such happenings would follow. Adagio felt the air seemingly thicken with every breath. His younger cousin Lady Celeste Trevelyan of Ostwick met his gaze.
    "Are you alright?" She asked carefully.
    "Is it just me or does today feel odd?" He looked out the window again, unable to shake the sense of foreboding.
    Celeste shook her head. "Just you, I'm afraid Gio. Look...I know it's not as glamorous as a soiree in Val Royeaux but the Conclave is important. It's just as well two heirs of House Trevelyan attend. Not only for our ties to the Chantry but this is a historic chance for peace!" She gave his hand a sweet but unnecessary squeeze of reassurance. Suddenly their carriage began bumping violently. The driver was forced to stop. Adagio hopped out to see what the trouble was. Lo and behold, the wheel hit some sharp rocks hidden in the snow and nigh broke apart. "Damn." The driver spat. "Sorry m'lord but we may miss the Conclave at this rate. You may want to tell m'lady the news. Even so I'll try to fix it up as best I can; there's an inn not too far from here. If I can get you there at least you'll be comfortable and I'll send word to m'lady's parents for help."
    Adagio nodded. Despite his noble birth he wasn't above helping others, while he knew jackall about building carriage wheels he could at least lend a hand with repairs. "You're a good man. I suppose this can't be helped. Do you carry tools in your saddle bags?"

Out of nowhere, a massive booming explosion made the sky rip open and the earth tremble. Adagio's cornflower blue eyes grew wide in awe and fear. Instinctively he dove for the reeling carriage to protect Celeste but a tidal wave of snow had other ideas.
    His memory always grows fuzzy at this part. Somehow he got out of that snowdrift. He'd been horridly cut by the shattered pieces of the carriage. The scar next to his right eye bore witness. Adagio doesn't remember staggering into an inn's basement but that's where he awoke. The nobleman was distraught over the loss of his cousin, confused about the poison green fissure in the sky...Soon he noticed others were there with him. Whatever this was caused them upheaval also. An overworked healer did their best treating wounded survivors like him. Several families with children huddled in fear while a few brave souls went upstairs with farm tools in hand. If they were in danger then Adagio couldn't just lay idly by. While he preferred working behind the scenes, there were times when more obvious action was necessary.

Searing pain tore through his torso as he sat upright and his head was pounding. Wet sensations were either blood or where a tincture had been applied; at that point it didn't matter. Upon seeing him stand, the innkeeper's wife rushed over. "Maker's tears, young man! Please rest until the healer can see to you again. You're in no condition to go anywhere, especially with demons falling from the sky!" Demons? Adagio felt iciness growing in the pit of his stomach. From that moment, life would never be the same. Whether this change produced gold or shite was up to him. "It's just too dangerous." The innkeeper's wife insisted. "Don't worry. My husband and some of the others went to show 'em a thing or two. He was conscripted during the Blight, so he has Grey Warden training y'know! Come, have a seat and I'll get some ale for you."

"Do you have another scythe?" Adagio asked.
    "But you've just woken up and your bandages--"
    "Madam. Do you have another scythe?"
    "...Yes, over there. Behind the ale casks. You're being a damned fool."

The inn's front lawn was a truly hellish battlefield. Snow underfoot turned scarlet where blows were exchanged or fighters had fallen. He didn't know what he expected demons to look like but certainly not this. Gangly reptilian creatures resembling living thorns vanished into thin air only to appear elsewhere and sulfurous green wraiths shrieked in unbridled hatred. After what felt like an eternity, the demons were dead. For now they had a moment of safety. The innkeeper ran inside to tell their fellow survivors. They thanked Adagio for his help and sent him on his way with a few rations they could spare and the scythe. After several days he arrived back in Ostwick at his cousins' manor. It was around then the beautiful Lady Josephine Montilyet sent a letter about the Inquisition needing support; Adagio knew what had to be done.

He became an agent after recovering from his wounds. Whenever called upon, he does his best assisting in gaining support or coin for the cause's coffers. Diplomacy is a strong suit so he reports to Josephine directly. Months have passed and the Inquisition has grown stronger despite horrendous attacks on its people. Now based in a remote Ferelden keep called Skyhold, they have even more allies and enemies to keep tabs on. Adagio's busy schedule is about to be thrown aside when a new directive comes in. He is to help Master Varric Tethras and the highly controversial Inquisitor Ailill Lavellan on a diplomacy mission involving Venatori spies...

• Backstory:

Adagio's mother made him appreciate his status and taught him compassion in an unusual fashion. Every so often they'd both dress in commoner's clothes then venture out to poorer places in Val Royeaux. She frequently told him "They are just like us. All of them are people with feelings, hearts, and dreams. The only thing different is our status. More than anything, treat people well my little Gio. Treat them well and they won't forget it." His parents were kind, generous people with quiet strength. The young nobleman took after them in those aspects but also held a naturally calm demeanor. Impulsiveness struck now and then but significantly less than his younger brothers and sisters. Throughout his schooling it served him well. However part of his required education involved politics.

Learning to play "the Game" was critical for anyone in Orlesian high society. Adagio took to it easily but despised its duplicitous, pretentious rules. By university it embittered him socially...Until a young noblewoman from Antiva befriended him. They began studying together; Jospehine took every opportunity to show Adagio that while sometimes it was tiresome, politics could be used to help those less fortunate. The more he saw her heart, the more he fell in love. Unfortunately, he never had a chance to confess his feelings verbally or in writing. For one reason or other the timing never felt right. They lost touch their senior year when Josephine decided to try being a bard.

After that, he remained inspired by her and his mother, going on to become a well known diplomat in Val Royeaux. He still takes secret trips outside the capital to mingle with common folk. Even annual holiday trips to visit family in Ostwick provide ample opportunities for visiting taverns and various obscure places. He wrote heartfelt essays about non-noble life and poetry under the pseudonym Renee Verite. They sold modestly well and he donated 3/4 of the profits to various charities. Josephine somehow figured out they were his works while she served as Antiva's ambassador in Val Royeaux. They reconnected soon after and the rest is is to be written...

Personality:

• Adagio can come across as too laid back for some people's tastes. In reality, he works hard behind the scenes.
    • He's observant. Speaking less means one can hear more. The Game can be life or death so awareness is important.
    • Social climbing and arrogance annoy him.
    • He's a social introvert. People fascinate him but he needs time alone to recharge.
    • Adagio is a kind man who wants to help people. The Breach has left everything a mess and harms everyone. He'll do anything within his ability to help restore order.
    • He believes in the Maker and also believes the Chantry needs to make several changes. He doesn't feel these are mutually exclusive. He respects other people's beliefs yet holds strong to his own.
    • He's not one to give hugs freely. If he gives you one either sh** really hit the fan, he feels bad for you but doesn't know what to say, or you're Josephine his love interest.
    • He gets no enjoyment from battle. Adagio knows how to fight but will only do so when he deems it necessary; i.e. a greater good is at stake, saving a life, protecting innocents, etc. Given the world's current state and his allegiances...Adagio does quite a bit of fighting.
    • He's sentimental. He's the type of man to keep a box of meaningful things from his life and put it somewhere only he knows. It's also why Adagio kept the scythe from the innkeeper and his wife, albeit with some handle and pommel upgrades.
    • For the love of all things good, do not wake him up suddenly from a nap unless it's an emergency.

Preferences:

• COMING SOON

Last edited by a moderator: