{ ❥ } Tℎℯ ℱuturℯ Oƒ Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rest of the evening seemed to go by quickly and smoothly. Thankfully during her fall the camera hadn't been damaged and the pictures were still intact and the other crew members who worked to help snap a few pictures here and there assured that everything was alright. By the time Will had taken notice of the time, he realized how exhausted he was. He just wanted to collapse into bed and snooze off but he still had the responsibility of making sure Hope was fine.

"That sounds like a good idea, I'm sure she'll know what to do next." His utter faith in the Doctor was all he could think of. At least everything was alright. At least that's what he kept telling himself.

Once the car was parked, he helped her unload all her stuff. At least there were two bathrooms in the house so they could both get rest as soon as possible. He kept her things neatly organized on the living room floor. He missed the comforts of the bed but he didn't dare speak of it. It seemed like there was a spark of light at the end of the tunnel and he didn't want to burn it out right away. He'd have to take things considerably slow and with extra caution in case he overstep his boundaries.

When he finished up in the bathroom, he felt more energetic then he should have. By this time it was already three in the morning and he was surprised that she was still asleep. He took a quick peak into the guest room to see her sitting on her bed in contemplation. The evenings scare must have traumatized her more than anything else. "Are you sure you'll be fine for the rest of the night?" he murmured leaning on the side of the door frame with his arms casually crossed.

He was doing everything in his power to refrain from touching her even though he craved it so much. The incident had calmed the waters but it hadn't resolved all the issues. He still had many things to confess that even she didn't know about. In fact, it would probably make the situation a bit better. But when would she believe him? He had muttered a couple of lies here and there and his credibility had deteriorated into crap. Perhaps he'd find the right time eventually.

"I'll stay by your side until you fall asleep and then leave, if you'd like." He offered quietly. It had been habit for him to wait for her to sleep first since she had many troubles piled on her back. The onerous haunting of nightmares and stress seemed to never end for her. But at least he'd feel more at ease knowing that she'd be ok in the night. Will hadn't really noticed until now but his lingering feelings weren't just fragments of past things. They were still strong and growing - maybe this was why he couldn't give Amber a definite answer. He had been a coward in running away from his problems.

He waited for her to speak. It'd be no surprise if she chose to dismiss him.

The rest of the ride home had been relatively quiet after that, Hope having nearly fallen asleep at that point though she tried her best to stay awake. For no particular reason really, but she just felt the need to try and stay awake. Besides, it's not like it was hard, seeing as there were so many thoughts running through her mind, keeping her up. When they finally made it to the house they unpacked the equipment, to which Hope looked over the equipment just to make sure that everything was okay, especially the camera and the pictures that were on it, and then headed into the bathroom to take a quick shower.

In all honesty, it didn't really feel as if she was doing any of this. As if she was just going about these activities automatically without much thought and she hated the feeling. It wasn't like her. She wasn't being herself. But, then again, when was the last time she really had been herself? When was the last time she had been truly happy with something? It was even before her and Will's problems took a dramatic turn for the worse, and even she knew that. Them two separating and her finding out that he had been cheating on her just added to her slowly decreasing mood.

Flopping herself onto the bed with a heavy sigh, she sat crossed legged with her back leaned against the head board of the bed, her head lolling back as her eyes tilted to look up at the ceiling. The lights in the room were still on, her hands fiddled with the comforter beneath her while she bit her bottom lip as she continued to think. What would have happened had she miscarried in that moment? What would have happened if something had happened to her in that moment before? And after those thoughts passed through her mind she continued to make mental list for all the things that she had to do at some point tomorrow; call Dr. Henson, call the mother of the bride since the bride would be unavailable for a week, probably call Amy depending on what happened and whether or not she decided to take off work for a little while. And if she ended up doing that she would have to call Kelly, Hope's more or less assistant who followed her around with every location shoot she had to do, even for the weddings. The girl had a lot of talent, that much Hope could see, which was why she brought her along so much and even let her handle a few of the clients she had, though Hope was always still there watching. If she took off work, she could ask the girl to take over the things she had to do over the next week since she would be back from her little vacation, and then she'd have to call the clients and tell them what happened, and then blah blah blah....

She pinched the bridge of her nose as she shook her head. Yes, her parents were right, and even Will and Amy at some points; she really was an uptight person who just, for what ever reason, had to plan for every little thing that she could. Thinking of which, she'd have to call her mom in the morning, maybe, because after checking her phone to see that she had a few missed calls from the woman she could only imagine what she'd say if she didn't call back soon. 'Are you ignoring me?' Yes, oh yes she wished she could...

Stiffening a little when Will's voice rang into the room, Hope lifted her head from leaning back to turn and look at him, raising her brows before she gave him a shrug and turned to look away from him. She'd be fine, maybe. "You can do what ever you want," she replied back to him, not even turning to look, somewhat of a lifeless tone coming from her voice. She didn't care; she didn't want to start an argument with him about what he did or didn't do. "I don't care." There was silence for a while after that. Hope settled with looking down at her lap as Will's presence at the door still lingered in her mind. Nacho had wandered his way into the room, rubbing against one of Will's leg before trotting over to the bed and jumping onto it. The consistent little purrs that rumbled from his throat were almost comforting to Hope, but she didn't let them comfort her too much.

"Will... What are we going to do?" Again she turned to look at him, her face pulled down into a frown, obvious exhaustion etched into her face. "If I actually have this baby and don't lose it... What are we supposed to do? How are we supposed to deal with this?" While amends had seemed to have been made for the time being, Hope wouldn't give herself any thought or reassurance that it would last long. She didn't trust him, and he would no doubt grow tired of her again, and then what? With a baby he seemed reluctant to leave, and that point had only grown to her because of the fact that he had come to live back in the house after finding out that she was pregnant, but he couldn't live on the couch for the rest of the time, yet she didn't know if she was willing to let him stay anywhere else. But what if they argued, constantly, with a baby, and eventually a child, in the world? It wasn't a good environment, and while Hope didn't want to raise a child in a single parent home, with each of them having set times and dates to which they could care and spend time with their kid, maybe something like that would be best.

That was, of course, unless they worked things out. But again Hope found herself reluctant to even let him back into her life like that because of everything that happened to get them to the point that they were at now. Did she still love him? She wanted to say yes, but she didn't know. Did he even still love her, for that matter? Hope doubted it. "What's going to happen to this child? Because as far as I'm concerned, that's what's more important."

There it was again, the aloof tone of her voice and body gestures. He had expected it and braced it full well. Despite the fact that he had been anticipating those words, it stung more than he had hoped. His eyes drifted to the cat who had found it's way back into the room. He had started minding less of it though he had wished she had gotten a dog instead. But that wasn't the point of things anyways. He bit his lip as he remained in silence before she spoke up again. He didn't want to budge from his position.

"What we can do, make it through," He replied quietly. There really wasn't another answer to her question. At least he hadn't thought it through all the way. "I ... don't know yet." He admitted. He had envisioned the two of them being parents together but now that the situation had changed so drastically, that wasn't an option was it? He reminisced about his own family - though the environment wasn't the most nurturing, he had made it through alive. He had always thought of raising his own children with utmost warmth and joy. But would it be possible with parents who couldn't even tolerate each other? He had doubts in his head but that didn't mean he wouldn't try. For now he knew that it'd take him awhile to earn back her trust. But for the grueling work and effort he'd have to contribute, it would be worth it in the end. At least that's what he wanted.

"No matter what, this child will have two parents who love them with all there heart." He said with a small grin. He had taken the liberties to sit by the very edge of her bed while Nacho decided to curl up on his lap with soft meows. He wanted to stay but everything told him that he should leave. Plus it was already late and he'd have so many things to do and errands to complete.

If Hope's situation didn't improve, he'd be taking more time off to stay at home and be by her side. He was lucky that his schedule was flexible enough to do that. Yet at the same time he was afraid, afraid that they'd return to their ugly selves. Where the bellicose nature of their temperament would flare out of control. It would probably increase even more so now that she was pregnant and hormonal.

"I guess I should go downstairs now if you don't need anything ... Don't worry about breakfast, I can make it for you," he stated awkwardly as he brushed Nacho's fur. He was hoping for an objection but if there was none, he'd retire downstairs and call it a night. His body was in a state of fatigue.

It had probably been too early to ask a question like that, Hope realized after listening to Will's response to it. She sighed, turned her head to look back down at her lap and then bit her lip. Right, they could work through it, and no matter what the child would be loved. Yes, that she knew for sure. She just didn't know what it would mean for the two of them, and that was what worried her. But she would keep those reservations in the back of her mind, as best as she could anyway, and bring it up at another time when they were able to think about the topic longer so that they could give a better response. As well as just so that they could figure out what was going to happen with the two of them. They had roughly eight or seven months left, after all, to figure it all out. It just made her wonder if he was going to be here the entire time, should it all go according to plan.

"Right. I should be getting some sleep too. It's... Been a long day." Her eyes peaked back up to Will, watching as Nacho's tail swung languidly back and forth as he stayed curled in the man's lap. Again, Hope found herself at war with herself at the sight. In another time, she would have loved to take a picture of it to tease him about and to just keep for memories sake. But now she didn't want to. Instead she found herself a little jealous, if only because she was the one who had adopted Nacho and as far as she had seen the cat seemed to gravitate to him more than her if the both of them were in the same room. Her lips pursed at the thought, but she shook her head before she shifted herself and pulled the covers back, slipping under them as she adjusted herself.

"I'd appreciate it if you could turn the light off on the way out." Try and be a little nice, she told herself. After all, he did make sure she got to the hospital, and he seemed concerned with the baby as well as her. At least she could give him that much, however that did not mean that that much had changed between the two despite that she wanted to feel that way. No. She still didn't trust him, and she didn't want him getting close to her again. But that was only out of her own fear that he would go right back to that other woman and leave her behind, breaking her heart again. It would just be better, she figured, to keep herself distanced, otherwise she may wind up getting herself hurt again. "I... Guess I'll see you in the morning, or when ever we're both awake." She bit her lip, clutched her fingers around the comforter a bit. "Good night." This just didn't feel right, not to her anyway. To have him sitting at the edge of the bed, to have them being this close to one another, yet still spaced so far apart. The evident change in what they used to be could be seen, and it hurt even more to see it now. They used to share a bed together, in their own room, but now she refused to even step foot in that room because of him. They used to be so close, and now she had stuck herself in the guest room while he was stuck on the couch.

A lump seemed to form in her throat at the thought, but she pushed it aside with the shake of her head and completely laid herself on the bed then, her head pressed into the pillow as she pulled the covers to cover over her shoulders. She turned over, putting her back to him as she breathed out a sigh.

With the lights out, Will had reclined to his own sleeping quarters which consisted of an uncomfortable couch. He couldn't sleep as his eyes and ears were alert for any sounds. But as the seconds ticked by, it seemed like there was less of a chance that she'd need him. He wished he could hold her in his arms and share the sheets together but no matter how much he craved it - he had royally screwed up. Blinking his eyes a couple of times, he began to enter the void of blackness.

---

Sundays were usually good days for Will. Though he wasn't religious, he treated Sunday like the holy day. He turned off his electronics and wanted to get as much rest as possible before the dreadful Monday appeared again. Most places were closed but at least Hope could reach the Doctor through phone. When he awoke, it was already ten in the morning and the whole house was quiet. Hope was still asleep and he dragged himself up to make breakfast for two. The coffee smelled wonderful as toast was being made. Carefully slicing up pieces of fruit - strawberries, bananas and blueberries, he had artfully crafted it all onto the toast.

The smell wafted around the whole kitchen. He carefully poured a glass of non-pulp orange juice and a small bowl of crushed up granolas. It was rather big in portion but it would hopefully help keep her stomach contents at bay. She hadn't eaten properly the day before. For himself, he had his mug of coffee and some scrambled eggs with toast on the side. It was bland and simple. That was fine by him, he wasn't one to eat a big meal in the morning anyways.

He got dressed and awaited for Hope, he didn't know what else to discuss but had the decency to murmur a "good morning," out loud. At least the tension was eased a bit since last night. He was distracted with his phone, staring at the news and listening to the forecast. Nacho had re-appeared behind Hope before taking a sip from her water bowl.

"Are you going to call Doctor Henson today? From what I remember, the office is closed but she gave out her personal number. If you need it I can give it to you." He had always kept the number on hand in case of emergencies. Even when they were separating, he held onto the number. It had been seemingly a good idea. "Do you have any other plans for the day with your business?"

As for himself, he only needed to check a few more papers and prepare the upcoming lectures for his students. It wouldn't be too much work. At least that's what he told himself.

The over exhaustion of the past couple of days had finally caught up to Hope, enabling her to fall just about right to sleep as the lights were turned off. She had no dreams. She had no thoughts plaguing her mind to keep her awake... While it probably hadn't been the most peaceful sleep in the world, at least it was something. Better than the sleep that she had been getting in the past, however it would be a lie to say that she had slept comfortably since her and Will stopped sleeping in the same bed with one another.

As the morning slowly fazed throughout the day, the sun was peeking through her window which woke her up. The grogginess that came to her hit her hard, as well as the sore sensation in her chest. Wincing, she rolled over onto her back, frowned, and then sighed as she looked up at the ceiling before closing her eyes shortly after. Alright, so she had morning sickness, no doubt, and now her chest was sore. All apart of a pregnancy, she told herself, no matter how uncomfortable it was. She kept her eyes closed for a little while longer, her arm reaching out to rub against Nacho's back lightly before she finally decided to get out of bed, pulled her hair into a loose ponytail, and then headed down the stairs.

The smell of food hit her, but she willed herself to not get sick. The nauseated feeling ran through her stomach, but after taking a deep breath and resting one of her hands against her stomach, she shook her head and walked into the kitchen. No getting sick, or at least right now. Personally, she didn't know if she really had the energy to try and run up the stairs anyway, because while she did feel a little more rested than before, there was still a wariness that stuck with her. Her eyes went over to the food that sat on the breakfast bar, her eyes then looking over to Will as he checked over his phone with his own food in front of him. She wanted to think that this was normal, them being back in the same house together, with him having made breakfast for her despite the fact that that was something he hardly ever did even when they were on good terms with one another. But there was still a tension and awkwardness in the air between then, and it was almost stifling.

"I have her number in my phone already," she said before sitting down, pulling her phone out of her pocket before leaving it on the counter beside her. "I'll call her when I get done eating and then..." She sighed. "I don't know. I'll call the mother of the bride, and then I may start working on getting the photos ready and edited and what not so that I can go ahead and get the album and DVD done for them before the week is up. The newlyweds will be back in a week, and I said that I'd have everything done for them before they got back." She could work on it all in the office here. While she usually kept herself at their studio building to work on things like that, she just felt like staying in for the day. Frowning, she grabbed the orange juice and took a little drink from it before setting the glass back down.

She took a few bites of her toast then, as well as the fruit, pondering over her own thoughts before staring down at her food. "I may... Take some time off work. At least for now anyway." With the raise of her brows, she turned to look back at Will to see his reaction to the confession, because, in all honesty, she couldn't remember the last time she had taken a vacation from the business. It wasn't something she did, or liked to do either. "It might just be best for me, and maybe even the baby too."

Status
Not open for further replies.