T.O.G.E.T.H.E.R [Private]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Mundane Monster
My first thread and posts are introductory, too - hopefully they shed a little more light on Charlotte and Riley's personalities. But I'm working on another post right now (at Charlotte's work) to try and integrate at least Hazel and Enrique. I followed Cerulean's lead and began my posts at the start of the day. Riley's next post will be at the coffee shop, I think.

@Princess of the Teacup
Did you want to start the bookshop/coffee shop thread? I don't mind starting it, but I don't want to leave out introductory details you had envisioned.

@justice hunt
Now that you've been accepted, what ideas do you have to connect our characters? I think Riley and Shane probably revolve in the same circles. Perhaps they met at the tattoo parlor, chatted over a couple long sessions, and became friends that way? I do not, however, see a friendship between him and Charlotte. She probably looks down on him a little bit due to his body-building and tattooing habits - they're superficial and vain, in Charlotte's opinion. This could be a marvelous source of tension within the group. OR we might say that Charlotte and Shane are merely acquaintances now, having met through mutual friends (i.e. Enrique, Hazel, or Riley even). They're too dissimilar to really hit it off, so they awkwardly tolerate each other's presence. I almost see them as the kind of friends who are really only friendly in a group setting. When it's one on one, it's like they forget how to socialize (at least, this is how I imagine Charlotte to behave). Thoughts?

Also, since this RP is inspired by Friends and HIMYM, I assume the general atmosphere should match that of the shows? That being said, I hope Riley didn't come off as too risque. I don't do graphic, so that's about as explicit as I'll get. I like lighthearted and humorous scenarios, so that's what I'll be keeping in mind as I'm writing - please correct me if this is wrong! :)

@Mika
No, that's totally fine! But because there is one teen member in the group, just refrain from going past the kisses and pg-13 convos. ^^

And yeah, I'll start the coffee shop thread, thanks for asking. ^^

@Princess of the Teacup
Totally! I don't do sexy schmexy writing - that's way out of my comfort zone. PG-13 is fine by me!

Also, everyone, what I'm doing with my posts in the group is labeling them so you all know chronologically which comes first. That doesn't mean you have to read them in that order, but if you need context then hopefully the numbers will help piece the scenes together!

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Hey! I'm sorry for taking too long to answer. Here I have some relationship suggestions :)

@Mika
Hazel - Charlotte: I like the idea of making Hazel meet Charlotte on some event :) Anyway, it would probably been animal-related, because those are the only ones she attends. Maybe, during the planning, they realized that they live in the same building, and that could be how they started talking and became friends, because if they had nothing in common Hazel would probably not be very nice to her. I see Charlotte as one of the closest Hazel's friends.

Hazel - Riley: They may only get along because of her friendship with Charlotte at first. Not because of anything specific, but Riley was probably nice to her and Haz responded being rude (Just because Hazel is a crazy I'm-more-comfortable-with-animals-than-humans type of person). Anyway, Hazel is interested on the spiritual side of Riley and that may be how they start bonding.

@Cerulean
Hazel - Rich: I'm perfectly ok with their relationship :). Hazel has a rough start with most of people so Rich will definitely not the exception. I think they may start bonding thanks to the fact that they both want to make a living out of their dreams but they have a hard time with it. (Haz is a painter).

@Princess of the Teacup
Hazel - Enrique: Another rough start. They probably met through Charlotte and Riley. Hazel saw him as a very superficial person at first and that's why it took her longer to break the ice. They may not even be good friends yet, but she'll realize that he's not that bad after all. Besides, she'll feel bad for the fact that his modelling career have been crashed and she'll try to convince him to revive it.

@justice hunt
Hazel - Shane: Maybe they were old friends and she introduced him to the group? They do not share many thoughts or likes, but they may have met in high school. Hazel was seen as some kind of antisocial freak and Shane may had been one of the few that respected her and maybe even approached. That was how they become good friends and, after a few years, they found each other once again in Calgary.

Last edited:
My first thread and posts are introductory, too - hopefully they shed a little more light on Charlotte and Riley's personalities. But I'm working on another post right now (at Charlotte's work) to try and integrate at least Hazel and Enrique. I followed Cerulean's lead and began my posts at the start of the day. Riley's next post will be at the coffee shop, I think.
Did you want to start the bookshop/coffee shop thread? I don't mind starting it, but I don't want to leave out introductory details you had envisioned.
Now that you've been accepted, what ideas do you have to connect our characters? I think Riley and Shane probably revolve in the same circles. Perhaps they met at the tattoo parlor, chatted over a couple long sessions, and became friends that way? I do not, however, see a friendship between him and Charlotte. She probably looks down on him a little bit due to his body-building and tattooing habits - they're superficial and vain, in Charlotte's opinion. This could be a marvelous source of tension within the group. OR we might say that Charlotte and Shane are merely acquaintances now, having met through mutual friends (i.e. Enrique, Hazel, or Riley even). They're too dissimilar to really hit it off, so they awkwardly tolerate each other's presence. I almost see them as the kind of friends who are really only friendly in a group setting. When it's one on one, it's like they forget how to socialize (at least, this is how I imagine Charlotte to behave). Thoughts?
Also, since this RP is inspired by Friends and HIMYM, I assume the general atmosphere should match that of the shows? That being said, I hope Riley didn't come off as too risque. I don't do graphic, so that's about as explicit as I'll get. I like lighthearted and humorous scenarios, so that's what I'll be keeping in mind as I'm writing - please correct me if this is wrong! :)

Yeah thats good

@Zaira
:O Did you mean Enrique?

Hey! I wanted to let you know that I'm leaving on vacations on a couple of days. I'll be gone for about three weeks, so if it's still ok for me to jump in I'll do it when I'm back.

@Zaira

I really wish you would post an introductory thread before you left.

I already posted an introductory post that will explain my absence IC. See you when I'm back!

sorry guys i have to leave this thread, got too much on plate right now

Status
Not open for further replies.