T.O.G.E.T.H.E.R [Private]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am liking the characters we got coming in. This should be fun! =)

Hopefully, we'll be able to get started soon when everyone implements the changes to their CSs.

Oh! And I'm thinking of making the IC thread into a group, so that we can interact with each other's characters at different times and not get confused.

Just a quick update for everyone: I've completed and edited my character bios (for persnickety Charlotte and bohemian Riley). Thanks all for your patience! :)

Also, I love the idea of the IC portion being in a group. Not all our characters will be in the same place at the same time all the time, so that'll be a great way for us to interact separately but simultaneously.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
It's all good, with me. I just want to jump in and cause shenanigans already. haha

@Cerulean @Mika @Zaira

Alright guys, we're like four hours from getting started. Right now we should discuss how our characters know each other.
Except you, Cerulean because Richard is new.

What about...

Charlotte -- Enrique
  • I'm not sure how they met, but I have a feeling these two would really hit it off. Though their personalities and perspectives are quite different, I bet they bring out the cattiness in each other. They may have bonded over how they both severely dislike someone or something (perhaps the woes of reception jobs) and have since become venting buddies. I don't imagine this to be a very sentimental friendship, but rather a necessary one for the sake of Charlotte's and Enrique's sanity.

Charlotte -- Richard
  • They haven't met yet, but from the bios I can tell Charlotte will like Richard. While Enrique may bring out the (deliciously) nasty side of Charlotte's personality, I have a feeling Richard will enhance the good in her.
  • ((What kind of music does he play or like? If he's a fan of old school jazz, then that might also be a connection between him and Charlotte.))

Riley -- Enrique
  • Former co-workers? Riley has been Charlotte's roommate for a month, but she's been in Calgary for over two years. One of her former jobs may have been at the spa where Enrique works.
  • Frenemies - does Enrique date strictly gay men? Or does he occasionally nab a bisexual? If so, it might be funny to say he and Riley once dated the same guy (who cheated on them both) which brought Riley and Enrique together under very unusual circumstances. They may later have decided they liked each other better than the guy they were dating. Riley likes Enrique's diva attitude, to say the least.

Riley -- Richard
  • At some point during Riley's childhood, I wonder if she and Richard attended the same school? Maybe they were friends back then, and when Riley moved they lost touch. Or maybe their social circles never overlapped (Riley was pretty much the same as she is now when she was a teen). Perhaps they even disliked each other, but years and years later, having stumbled into each others' lives, a familiar face is quite welcome.

Riley -- Hazel -- Charlotte
  • Neighbors? Could we say that Hazel, Riley, and Charlotte live in the same building? This could be how Riley meets Hazel.
  • Charlotte may have met Hazel during an outdoorsy event, like a charity benefit, promotion, or protest? During the planning, set-up, and execution of the event (and perhaps during a succession of later events) they formed a solid friendship based on their mutual interests. If they do not live in the same building, Riley probably would have met Hazel through Charlotte.

Did I miss anyone? Apologies if I did! Also, these are just ideas based on how we could realistically tie our characters together. I'm not attached to any of them, but maybe they'll spur some other ideas, too!

Reactions: Mundane Monster
I did this because I can. =D

Rich -- Charlotte: This I see going very smoothly. End to End, they could be fast friends that could find a deeper connection if they talk enough. And he mostly sticks to softer types of rock. (Think The Fray, 3 Doors Down, Gavin Degraw, Jason Mraz) However, he has no issue busting out a little Ray Charles and other genres. So I think they will be a-ok.

Rich -- Enrique: I feel like they might clash over the snobbish behavior and also if he belittles working class people in front of him. He would however respect his life in the modeling industry. Rich has done enough research to know some of the crap models deal with. So I think they could have a strong friendship but certainly nothing soft and gooey type of bromance. Perhaps they could, if they end up making it a thing where they give each other crap just to mess with the other.

Rich -- Riley: Oddly enough, I think these two and get along very well. He will most likely see her as "one of the guys" sort of thing. They can end up very close. I can totally see him ending up with funny feelings about her. Perhaps some confusion could be good for him in this city. As for the old friends idea: Yes. =)

Rich - Hazel: I can see a rough start coming off with this one. With a cold reception, he might just wear metaphorical coat around her. Once they start to move past that first wall, however, Rich will be a big fan of her kindness and wouldn't mind doing activities. This one could be interesting.

Rich - Shane: This one could go either way. It just depends how they end up interacting. Because, they both have a bit of a rough past (that I will reveal in the rp, I promise.) If they can get to a point they can have a heart to heart, that a true friendship can be formed.

@Mika

I love the idea of the relationships between Enrique and your characters!

@Cerulean
Same goes for you!

@justice hunt
You have yet to implement the changes I asked you to make to your character sheet, so no.

Same goes for you!
You have yet to implement the changes I asked you to make to your character sheet, so no.
okay i'll fix it right now

@Princess of the Teacup
Thank you! I assume you're okay with incorporating both points of connection for Riley and Enrique (co-workers and frenemies). Also, do we need to be invited into the group to post? I'm not sure how it works on iwaku so I'm not sure how to join.

@Cerulean
Friends it is! I'm arbitrarily choosing age 9-11 as the time when Riley and Rick knew each other, but please let me know if you'd rather they were friends at a different age.

9-11 is just fine. =)

Same goes for you!
okay just fixed it

@Mika
Go to the group link and on the right hand side it should say 'request to join group' click that and I'll get a notification.

@justice hunt
I see that you changed the relationships for your character, but if you look over the message that I sent you a few days ago, you will see what the actual problem is.

The thread I started was merely an introduction. No need to reply! Lets do this!

@justice hunt

Not all the errors are corrected, but you're trying so I'll let it slide. Just refrain from using commas as periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.