T.E.A. Guild - Kirdon Traitor

Re: T.E.A. Guild - Mission Kirdon

"Control," Jester said slowly. "To master a guild of assassins and interact with other Guildmasters is something of a rare opportunity. The problem here is I've never known a single problem from any of you. At all. Then again, that's what makes a good traitor, so if it's one of you, I commend your ability," he chuckled, then leaned closer. "Look, Artie brings up an interesting, and very important point. Someone in here could have failed a mission. Don't take pointing fingers among ourselves to heart - it's smart for survival. Always assume those close to you first, it will prepare you for any double-cross. But here is something else we could get behind. What if someone lived? What if they survived, know of our existence, and are either trying to destroy us, or use us for their own goals? All they'd have to do is blackmail us, or let the other kingdoms know there is a guild of assassins disguised as jesters. We'd be finished, or under their thumbs." He tapped a chin. "It has a better motive than what one of us would uproot the guild for, doesn't it? Who wants to investigate?"

Re: T.E.A. Guild - Mission Kirdon

Artie nodded and stood up. "I'll go wherever you go. This guild is all I've ever known and I don't feel like being killed by someone who wants power. I just don't understand where well start looking." Something nagged him in the back of his mind, what if it was someone in the guild? What if they were soon going to go after each member? He swallowed hard. He's always wanted to be apart of a big mission, but this was starting to get him in way over his head!

Jabber flew back down the steps and slid to a stop in the room. He panted, and leaned against the wall to catch his breath. "The Elder will see us now. He's not busy anymore, and he knows something's been floating around the castle." He panted some more, and hooted loudly in exhaustion. "Man... Those steps... They need to be shortened or something, because damn. I can barely breathe," he sputtered, and then slowly started to crawl back up the steps.

Slappy followed, carefully watching Artie and Jester as he did so. Alli tapped her chin, and then shrugged. "Are you still going to go to Dalior?"

"Yes," Jester nodded. When she turned to walk up the steps, Jester grabbed Artie's hand, and tugged him after him. "Come on, Artie. This is your chance, and the king doesn't even really have a choice but to let you. I'll pack plenty of herbs and such to help you out along the way. That's at least something I'm good at." He smiled, and then began his ascent up the steps.

Artie nodded and let Jester drag him up the steps. "As long as you use your magicks I'll be fine." On the last few step he let go of Jester'sand and aused. "Why ARE we going to the elder? Shouldn't we be heading out? What can he tell us?" He ran a hand through his hair. "We'll be losing time." Truth was that he terrified of the elder.

"Because he knows a million more things about the castle nobles than we do. We slink around out in the open. He hides behind tunnels between every wall in the entire castle. He hears things no one else could hope to hear, and sees things through paintings that no one else would think to check behind. Even if they did, there's a false painting of eyes behind the portrait itself, and the stone doors that open in every room are damn near invisible to the eye. He may have heard something about where the rumor started, or he may not have. It's all in the air for now."

He followed the others, who had gathered around a wooden door, and then swung the door open. The guild's nervous eyes wandered everywhere but the door itself, and when Jester stepped inside, an aged, cheery voice exclaimed, "Jester! Come on in, bring your friends and we can get started."

Artie sat himself down in a corner and watched everyone gather around the elder. "What can you tell us about what is going on, Elder?" He asked in his usual soft tone. "And why everyone seemed to find out at the same time?"

((((((Sorry for late response and short text.)))))))))

The old man hobbled back to his chair, walking as slowly as he possibly could. "Oh, these old bones... They ache more and more every day," he groaned loudly, and managed to sit down. He breathed a minute to catch up, and then looked around at the awaiting Entertainers. "I heard a man came in here last week. He was dressed in red and gold, and rumors are that he was also wearing purple. As far as I know, only the king, queen, princes, and princesses ever wear it. He may have come from another kingdom. The problem is that he had no guards. He showed up alone, vulnerable, and in the open where an assassin could clearly get him." He pointed at Jester. "That's what bothers me. It's like he knew it, and was challenging us."

"So he know about us." Artie bit his lip and glanced at Jester than over to the Elder. "There's no telling what he could want from us. The scarier part is that we have no idea who he is and how he found out about us." He shrugged. "I don't know about you but from what I'm understanding is that he must have known about us for a long time. Could it be maybe the traitor is one of the king's advisors?" He regretted saying that the second it came out of his mouth. His father has been an advisor to the king for as long as he could remember.

((((I'm not dead I promise! The thread is done, and I can post again. .D))))

The Elder nodded, and looked in his direction. "Exactly that, boy. Exactly that. Now our steps to finding out exactly how much he knows is limited. He could have done it to bait us out into stepping right into a trap. Who knows?" The old man threw his arms into the air. "That doesn't matter. It has to be investigated, lest our secrets be spilled. He knows something. That's all it takes to raise an entire uproar, especially if he's a prince. People listen to a man of power, especially royalty which can pay it's way to people's minds."

Jester winced. "Goody. Sounds like a real blast. So what do we do?"

The old man nodded again. "Simple. You're all going to travel to Dalior first, settle that score. And then when you're done there, we're going to track down this prince, and finish off this entire problem before it surfaces to the public."

Artie felt a rush of excitement. "Well find out who it is and take care of them."

Slappy though, did not look excited nor impressed. "How do we know it IS a prince? I've seen no evidence that point specifically at a prince from another nation."

"But what evidence says that it isn't? Maybe this trip will bring up clues." Artie retailated, but was cut short by a coughing spell.

The Elder looked at him with knowing eyes. "Will you be up to such a trip? Your health has been worse than usual. "

"We don't need anyone to slow the trip down." Slappy mumbled.

Artie narrowed his eyes. "I'll be fine."

(((((((((Its okay hun! I hope this post was okay! Still trying to type on my tablet lol"

(((OMG getting so lost! Sorry for all the time, I'm trying to organize what's going on here, and I'm having to write down notes so I don't make plotholes! DX)))

Jester narrowed his eyes in Slappy's direction, knowing full well Artie's status in their eyes. "Too bad, Slaps. We will need everyone we can for this trip, considering there are only a few of us, and this involves a prince who must know of our presence. We will need all the help we can get, even if it's something small such as look-out." He rubbed a hand into Artie's hair, and then looked around the room. "We'll be on our way then. Collect any items and fill a small pack. Don't overwork yourself, or carry something large - you will not want to carry that across the country. Believe me," he looked tired for a moment, and then glanced out of one of the gigantic windows. It had been a while since he'd had such a large assignment.

(((Its okay hun :-D )))

Artie quickly made his way to his room and filled a small knapsack with a few clothes and some herbal ointments. He's never been trusted enough to go on a big mission. He wss determined not to mess anything up.

His bedroom door opened and his father walked in, the last person he wanted to see. "You aren't fit to go across the country. "

The boy tilted his head in utter confusion. "How did you find out?"

"Boy, I am the eyes and ears of this place. There is nothing you won't do that I won't hear about." He smoothed a crease in his robes.

"I'm sorry, but I will be going."

Slappy walked in the room. "Jester wants us to leave soon. He also wants to give some medicine before you leave." He turned on his heel and left.

Artie looked up at his father and without another word he left his room.