Sword Art: Dungeon Siege Adventures (Isaki x Heat)

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kelsi Kitsune

Original poster
Itasana walked into the big bar and inn, looking for someone to accompany her on a quest, though she was only in it for the materials that were dropped. The materials were so rare outside of it, and almost always got destroyed when people tried collecting them. The only way to safely collect them was the quest. Ita, known in-game as Kari, inquired to everyone she could, telling them it was worth their time, with no luck, and even being turned down after showing them how much she planned to pay them. A hefty sum of Yrd, and nobody wanted to help. Her race was the Leprechaun, blessed with mechsnical wings, and a great blacksmith.

Her reason for going was to get the materials needed to forge a few blades to put on show, as well as maybe make a few for herself and her companion. Still, nobody dared budge towards coming along, and Itasana took to a seat and looked at the bar top.

Reactions: Heat
Bret sat at the bar waiting to take on a job, but it seemed that business was slow today. Heck it was slow every day. It's just that people think they're strong enough to take on a strong quest by themselves, but in reality the quest is just to much for one person to handle. Bret looked around, and saw nothing but mercenary's. And that was a big problem to, there was to many mercenary's in this game. All of a sudden Bret heard the bartender his name. Hey Max! are you going to just sit there, or are you going to order a drink? The man said as he was cleaning a cup. Max was Bret's name in this game. Bret turned and looked at the man. "No, I'm good. Plus I don't like to take of my helmet unless I have to. " The bartender shrugged, and went to go attend to the other people.

The young boy then heard a woman telling people about a job, but no one was biting. The woman then sat down next to him, and looked at at the bar top. Bret thought to himself. ~Should I take her up on that offer. It's pretty risky, but the price she is willing to pay is handsome." After he had some time to think about it, Bret turned to the girl. "I see that you need someone to go with you on an extremely dangerous quest. I'll be more than happy to go with you on it, that if you'll have me of course."

Reactions: Kelsi Kitsune
Itasana looked at the gentleman who had accepted her offer in surprise. She expected him to be another of the many who would shrug off her request. However, Itasana's eyes lit up regardless. She had a partner to help her on the quest. "S-Sure! You're more than welcome" She said happily, offering up one hundred thousand Yrd, half of the total amount, as a sort of pre-payment. "Here, it's half of the payment up front. that way, if you decide to back out, you aren't leaving empty handed. As is the usual for mercs, right?" She stated. The man was surely a great fighter, and had to be powerful to accept her quest, so why didn't others just as powerful turn her down? She thought about it rather hard, possibly more than she should, spacing out in the process. Could there be something they know that I don't, she thought, trying to find a legitimate reason.

(Sorry for the short reply, didn't want to keep you waiting)

(Don't worry about it.)
Max smiled at the girl. The girl then gave him half of the payment already. "Damn I can tell we're going to be good friends." A display sign pop up in front of Max, and asked if he wanted to accepted the one hundred thousand Yrd. "Hell yeah I want to accept it, I'd be crazy not to." Max said as he pressed the accept button. The girl then started to talk. "Don't worry, I don't back out of nothing." The boy thought to himself. ~I really hope this girl doesn't back out at the last moment. I really don't know much about this quest myself. I all heard is that it's really hard, and it's only for elite players. Or no lives as I like to call them.~ Max then got off the chair and stretched. "Well are you ready to get going, or is there someone that we need to wait for?"

"Well," Itasana started, looking over at him shortly, before looking back at the bar top. "I did have another, and it was going to be one hundred thousand each upon completion of the job.." She paused for a moment with a sigh, "They backed out." She was bummed that her friend didn't want to help in the quest. She had offered to give all drops except for the materials she required, and according to all information, one drop should end up being a weapon. It wasn't said to be the best, but it was something if someone decided to sell it and earn a little more Yrd.

"Well, my name is Kari. It's a pleasure to work with you!" Ita said, smiling and standing up, extending her and out to the man. "We'll beat this quest, no problem, and then I'll have my materials, and you'll have your Yrd!" She stated, a little louder, almost to explain that there was someone willing to help her. People looked at them with mixed expressions, some of confusion, probably as to why he'd accept the offer, and some of slight disappointment, as if to say that they were both stupid to try. Still, she smiled, and tilted her head to the side a little, almost in a childlike fashion.

Max listen to how the girl had a friend who was going to join them, but he bailed on them. Max chuckled to himself. "That just means more stuff for us right?" The girl gave Max a little smile, and Max shot a smile back, but she couldn't see it because of his helmet. All through that this quest was hard, Max was excited to see what kind of loot they would get. He's been meaning to get a new helmet, but he wanted one that had looked cool, and had high defense. The girl then told Max her name, and told him that it was a pleasure to work with him. The boy chuckled again. "Never been told that before. It's always "You better not betray me, or I'll slice your head off" or something among those lines." There was a moment of silence. "Any who, my name is Max, but my friends call me heavy." She then started to talk loudly, and every body started to stare at them. "Um let's get out of here Kari. I think people are starting at us." With that said the two left the bar.

Once they both where outside, Max spoke up. "Alright lead the way boss." Max said as he followed Kari. "Oh, and by the way when we get there I need to go do something in real life."

Itasana happily led the way. She was glad to finally make for the quest mark. She had been to it once, but the quest giver was linked to the advanced language engine, and told her that she may be lacking skills or items that could be essential to the quest she'd be undertaking. What could I be missing? Ita thought to herself. They made their way through the forest, and out to a clearing, where a lone fairy sat upon a rock, the same as before. Last time she had wandered into the clearing by accident, not wanting to wait to use her wings again. Now she was coming back once again, to really undertake the quest. "Hiya, I'm back!" Kari stated happily, waving at the AI, although as she expected, the AI did not wave back. So the game does not make them remember players everytime they visit, she thought to herself.

"Max, why don't you open the initial dialog, and see what she says? Last time I did, she told me I may not have something useful for the quest." Itasana said, patting him on the back to push him slightly forward, closer to the AI. The Leprechaun player smiled and tilted her head at the tall male fairy who'd agreed to accompany her.

Max followed the his partner through the forest and out to a clearing. When the two travelers made it out of the forest a fairy was sitting on a rock. ~Never been here before.~ The boy thought as he heard Itasana say hi to the fair. The fairy did not respond. "Don't you know A.Is don't remember people?" Max said with a chuckle. His partner then told him to go to the fairy and accept the quest. "Alright I'll go see what she's says." Max walked up to the fairy, and stared at her for awhile. An icon then popped up, and asked him did he want to accept the quest. Max then his accept. Icon then showed the he had accepted the quest. He turned and looked at Itasana "Maybe you couldn't do the quest alone." Max said as a green arrow appeared, telling the two where to go. "After you."

Their destination was a mountain, not far from her own city. The quest was much like any other, and some nice items were reported to drop, as well as that the quest was rumored to be replayable. The boss scaled to the level of the player after the first completion. Itasana summoned the wings on her back, and flew into the air. Their destination wasn't very far from where they were, but it would help to get there fast, as there was a small village save point at the foot of the mountain, so logging out wouldn't be a hassle.

"I'll race ya!" The Leprechaun playfully stated, hoping to remove any awkward tension in the air. She waited but a second, before darting off, giggling a little as she flew, hoping her companion wouldn't be too mad, if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.