SWEARS 8D

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother however, oh god, I never heard such combinations of animals, swears, and objects in my life. One example being Monkey shit dick fucks.

I, like, never swear out loud, ever. In text is a whole different story, though I've been trying to cut down. I might whisper a few swears under my breath, but that's about it. Unless you count "damn" as a swear, which I really don't. Honestly, I never understood why people consider that a swear. I've been saying it for as long as I can remember, it's just an uncontrollable habit by this point; my mom would always get pissed at me and to this day I still don't see what the big deal is, because it's really not that bad of a word. She doesn't give a fuck now, though, because I'm an adult, yo~ Anyways, compared to words like "fuck" and "shit" (I like never ever used the word shit btw) "damn" sounds pretty tame to me.

I've always been fascinated by the origin of swears, actually. When they were first used and why, how they became known as swears, etc. That crap is interesting, yo~ Vsauce did a really good video on swearing a while back that I highly recommend.

In this circle of friends, I'm the one you go to if you need new creative ways of cussing.

I swear too much entirely. Over text it's more obvious, but around people I know it's also really noticeable. I usually stick to the basics, and pride myself on inventing and combining new swears.

I'd never use anything that exists to put down a group of people. Racist, sexist, homo/transphobic and such slurs don't even exist is my dictionary. I shun that kind of bullshit.

Instead, I combine things and use such expressions as "you useless fucking microwave" or "you soggy loaf of bread" or "you absolute fucking lampshade". I've got a lot of inspiration from other languages, and it isn't uncommon to hear a few choice swears in Italian or German or French, either.

Swearing is too much fun, really.

See, I can't help but notice that a lot of folks on the forum (mostly Americans) seem to think that the best way to swear really well is to just mash a bunch of naughty words together like some sort of monstrous, mutant super-curse.

Doesn't work, though. Makes you sound like some 10 year-old with turrets syndrome who's just discovered how much fun the word 'fuck' is.

You wanna smash words together like that? Go for it, but here's a few pointers in how to do it well:

"Catastrofuck" is just bloody brilliant.

It actually used to really irk me when I heard people swear in public. That's mainly because, like most people, I was raised under the mindset that swearing is bad and taboo; even into my teen years I was taught not to swear at all. It's kinda why I prefer not to swear out loud, it just feels wrong coming out of my mouth; but when I'm typing it out into text, there's like a disconnect between me the swears, like I'm not actually the one saying them, so I don't feel as guilty about it. But even so, as I grow older I realize more and more than swearing isn't as bad as my parents made it out to be. What makes swearing bad is when you use it to put down other people, which I generally don't do unless I'm too pissed off to care. In the end, I can see myself swearing vocally more often in the future, probably after I move out of my parents' house, though, annnd probably not in public either.

See, I can't help but notice that a lot of folks on the forum (mostly Americans) seem to think that the best way to swear really well is to just mash a bunch of naughty words together like some sort of monstrous, mutant super-curse.

Doesn't work, though. Makes you sound like some 10 year-old with turrets syndrome who's just discovered how much fun the word 'fuck' is.

You wanna smash words together like that? Go for it, but here's a few pointers in how to do it well:

"Catastrofuck" is just bloody brilliant.
"Catastrofuck" is the only example of him smashing words together in that whole video. That's more an example of how to be generally witty with insults than how to smash words together for curses and not sound like an idiot. :P

Anyway, I can't speak for the others who mentioned it, but I only do the absurd combination of words kind of insulting when I'm fucking around and amusing myself. Sounding stupid is kind of the point when I'm doing it.

Isn't swearing a lot just setting the baseline? You're supposed to swear when you want to express an extreme emotion. If you swear all the time, people eventually get damped in their response to you and you have to come up with new ways to express your frustration.

Reactions: Unsun
Isn't swearing a lot just setting the baseline? You're supposed to swear when you want to express an extreme emotion. If you swear all the time, people eventually get damped in their response to you and you have to come up with new ways to express your frustration.
Ah, see, now that's another reason why I try not to swear often.

I don't swear out loud. Sometimes in a text and I have a character that swears a lot but that is about it. Like Hatsune, it just does not feel right to me. I get mad at people and say the word in my head but when it comes to actually saying something to that person it is much more fun to mess with their head. I find getting reactions without using swear words much more satisfying. To make them nervous, maybe even a bit fearful..erm this right here is why I hope I never have the urge to become a serial killer.

Anyway, swearing. I must say I have read many books/posts where a swear word made it perfect and in many cases funny.

I like how a discussion about how swears are used and what themes they evolved from and what makes them offensive has turned into "swear a lot" "how often/how do you swear" and "favourite swears"

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Are you surprised? You're the one that excised this part into GChat.

I like how a discussion about how swears are used and what themes they evolved from and what makes them offensive has turned into "swear a lot" "how often/how do you swear" and "favourite swears"
Hey man, I gave my overall opinion on swearing and it was mostly ignored, so you can't say I didn't try.

Reactions: Minibit
Bitch-tits.

It's probably my favorite thing to say when I'm mad or frustrated.

And being the almighty Saren, I say it a lot because that darn Shepard's always getting in my way. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.