Swaying with Sway. — F/F & F/M, no smut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sway

Original poster
H e l l o . . .

I am female and over eighteen. I have no interest in smut of any kind. My writing is advanced, although adaptable. I can write with clear and concise prose, but I can also delve into the poetic and allusive. As for posting frequency, one post a week is more than enough for me and in that endeavor I value consistency. Roleplaying is a silent hobby of mine, so our interactions will be restricted to this forum alone.

The setting of the narrative is mostly unimportant to me. A good story triumphs everything, which is why I try to make decent use of tropes. When you put a few of them together the result can be quite specific and crazy, but interesting. So, I consider a private message to me with a few tropes that intrigues you and perhaps an inspirational image a display of initiative. The ambition here is to create a story together and I believe that the best way to achieve that goal is to work with tropes.

However, there are a few things that often attract me. One of those things is when the characters are special somehow and sets them apart. It does not have to be something spectacular or magical, just something that is unusual. Another thing is the lack of traditional romance. I find family relations and friendships far more interesting, but that does not mean incest or some other weird kink. Yet another thing is adventure and a proper goal in the story, no matter how insignificant. Slice of life and sandbox endeavors are not my cup of tea.

While I am quite flexible in terms of settings and genres, there are some that I favor more than others. In a nutshell I enjoy drama, action adventure, horror, and moral dilemmas. A narrative that has a degree of all these things is always intriguing to me. And again, I favor certain tropes within these genres more than others. Drama and action adventure are quite straightforward, but my preferences in horror are more specific. My favorite horror tropes concern cosmic and Lovecraftian matters, lots of blood, madness and nightmares, psychological themes, and religious horror. High Fantasy is my least favorite setting, but I will not completely shy away from it. I much more prefer dark fantasy melded with Victorian themes and Gothic horror. However, I am most comfortable with contemporary or futuristic settings.

I d e a s . . .

A hook or 'one-line' is a single sentence that describes what the story is. It is what screenwriters use to pitch movies to production studios in Hollywood. So, when I think about a new roleplay, I begin by writing a hook for it. Then I search for tropes to flesh things out to form a proper story. Below you will find a few hooks for roleplays that do not have anything but a picture attached to them. They also lack tropes and other background information, but that is what we should create together. If you have an idea for a roleplay that you want to pitch me, do it in the format shown below. Find an inspirational picture, write a hook, and note the setting/genre.

Hooks

[fieldbox="Midnight City, red, solid"]
UqVzVpW.jpg

Two characters find themselves indebted to some bad people and subsequently have to kill others like themselves in order to make things square.

Setting: Miami, 1980s.
Pairing: F/F, F/M.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Double Trouble, blue, solid"]
vNwDd8w.jpg

Two police officers take matters into their own hands after an entire city is annexed by a vicious cartel.

Setting: Los Angeles, 2010s.
Pairing: F/M.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Paradise Regained, yellow, solid"]
pp47Z41.jpg

Two characters traverse a ruined world with mankind's salvation in their possession.

Genre: Post-apocalyptic.
Pairing: F/F, F/M.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Mr. and Mrs. Vengeance, green, solid"]
R21ei5j.jpg

Two parents sacrifice more than they should in their fervent endeavor to avenge their murdered child.

Genre: Futuristic
Pairing: F/M.
[/fieldbox]

C o n t a c t . . .

If you are interested in any of the idea examples or have an idea of your own that you think I would enjoy, then send me a private message. The actual roleplay, however, will be posted in a public thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.