Survivor Stories: A Walking Dead Role-Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
EjUyzqG.gif
qQlzy5O.gif

NAME: Gavin Ji Kwan

HEIGHT: 6'4"

WEIGHT: 188 lbs

DISPOSITION: He would be one of those very determined, hardy, and - somewhat - brave types. There's a desperation in the way he tries to make up for all of his shortcomings. He doesn't whine or feel sorry for himself and doesn't ask help too often from others - he wants to show the world that he's capable of managing himself, of swindling with the hardest of them. Grown men, after all, are supposed to shoulder their responsibilities with as much control as they can. Honesty has always been one of the biggest values he's ever held, as well as accepting his own responsibilities and copping up when he's let someone, or many someone's, down. Keeping secrets has never served him well. If he feels a certain way, he'll let you know. If you're being an idiot, he'll let you know. If he's done something wrong, Gavin will gladly apologize, take the blame, and try to soften the blow. Strangely dutiful, bound by loyalty and effortlessly realistic. He sticks to his duties and sees them done, and has often sacrificed much to go about them.

APPEARANCE: Odd lookin' fella with a near-constant five o'clock shadow squabbling his prominent jawline. There's a churning whirlpool in his dark eyes that's hard to miss, from seeing too much, too quickly, and without having the proper time to grieve. He isn't a man of contrasts. There's nothing stark or forbidding or readily noticed. If it wasn't for the odd assortment of scars skittering across the left side of his jaw, neck, shoulder, upper and lower arm, then you could probably say he was that lonely fellow sitting on the subway, minding his own business while fiddling with his sleeves. Physically, despite his age slyly creeping up on him, Gavin is at the peak of his strength. He's in his golden years, soaring in the clouds with a creaky back he's prematurely gotten from landing on it so many times. Towering at a solid six feet and a handful of inches, Gavin weighs in around one-eighty-eight. He's not some hulking oaf, grunting like a gorilla; all brawn and no brains, mind you. He's made of leaner slates, built for endurance and lengthy treks in the mountains – two parts goat, one part vest-wearing animal of the feline variety. Think he bothers keeping himself mildly presentable? Nope. He'd rather aggravate you with his black stubble by rubbing his cheeks all over your baby-clean face.

PERSONALITY: Gavin Kwan is, admittedly, no longer a young pup thirsting after adventure, silly misdeeds and untold treasures. He can no longer afford to describe himself as outrageously daring, subjectively outgoing or the life of the party. He's still recklessly stubborn. There's no budging him once he's made his mind on something. He'll throw out his anchor, and wait for you to sweep past him like the tide. It's his unconquerable elephant in the room. His obvious inability to deviate from his initial plans gets him into hot water. Somewhat passionate, automatically protective and tough as nails. He's a protector, big brother, papa-bear type if he likes you enough to keep you alive and well. If you've known him long enough, and if you are able to see through the thick curtains he's managed to pull up around his intentions, then you'll know that Gavin is a bit of a sly bastard. He keeps meticulous tabs on every angle, on every beneficial opportunity, working them like a crooked dealer with several pockets jimmied into his sleeves. Make light out of an awful situation? Most likely, as he's not one to dwell on the inevitable – if someone needs to be taken care of, it isn't likely that Gavin will hesitate being the one to pull the trigger to keep is pups in line.

TRAITS: At first glance, it doesn't appear like he has much knowledge of anything other than being a bull in a room of chinaware. But as for being a nurse for most of his life, he has just about everything saved in his mind about the medical field. Medications, sutures, broken limbs and illnesses, he's dealt with it all. Other than that, he's fit, big as a house, has the stamina of a horse, and has common knowledge about firearms. One can say he's more of a gentle giant unless his peers are in trouble, though.

HISTORY: His father, Han was a physics professor at a private college in Shanghai, China. For a man who could never be wrong, it was a fitting occupation. He was very talented in his field, and his students vigorously absorbed every concept he fed them without complaint. How could the extinguished professor possibly be wrong about anything? Yet those sort of statements only served to inflate the man's already infinitely large ego. His mother, Mei on the other hand, was a nurse at a local hospital. She was a hardworking woman, the type who would always volunteer to continue working well after the end of her shift for the sake of her patients. Anyone who knew Mei would say that she was a very generous and well-liked person. Oh, and let's not forget the fact that she was also a lying, cheating woman. The last member of the family was Gavin's older brother, William. In no way was he perfect but compared to their mother and father, he was a saint. Sure he did drugs, got into fights, and was caught for the occasional petty theft, but there was one thing he did that their parents never did and that was actually take care of Gavin.

For a while, things were relatively peaceful in the Kwan household. As peaceful as it could be with a raging psychopath as the head of the family at least. Day in and day out things ran smoothly, and the family behaved somewhat like a normal family. However, tensions were always high and on occasion, someone would do or say something that would upset his father, which made him go ballistic. During such episodes there would be a lot of yelling and screaming; objects were thrown, tables were flipped, and doors slammed shut hard enough to shake the house, but no one was ever hurt. There was nothing physical, and anything thrown was never aimed directly at someone. Then each time, without fail, everything would go back to normal the next day. Everyone would pitch in to fix up the house, and their normal routines continued on as if nothing had happened. The incident would never be spoken of again, and that was that. That's how Gavin's life went about for most of his childhood. All he had to do was keep quiet as much as he could, stay out of his father's path, and be diligent with his schoolwork and chores to appease him. Those were the happy days when life was manageable.

When Gavin entered the fifth grade, life decided to blindside him. His mother, who had always been the one to comfort him at night and hold his hand when he was scared, was exposed as a lying, cheating woman. For her nursing job, it was normal for her to stay late at work. That was just the type of person her mother was, always going the extra mile for her patients. However, as it turned out some of those "late nights" weren't spent at the hospital at all. She had a coworker who was a surgeon at the same hospital, where the two of them had spent quite a few nights together at his flat. When the infidelity had been exposed, Han was more infuriated than he had ever been. However, this wasn't another minor incident. It was a giant bombshell, and Mei became the main target. Gavin didn't witness anything that happened that night because his father immediately grabbed Mei and dragged her to his room, but that didn't mean Gavin couldn't hear anything. Even behind locked doors, he could hear his father's voice shaking the house. He was an extremely self-centered and prideful man, so finding out that his wife was cheating on him was a huge blow to his ego. That was it.

No one knew what happened in that room, not even Gavin, but the apparent bruises, cuts and black eye on his mother spoke the truth. Mei was forced to leave her job as and everyone was moving to America, where Han found a new occupation as a professor in San Jose, California. Everyone followed as they were told, and settled in a nice home close by campus where Han was absent most of the days. Things never did change after that, Han was still that loud, prideful man, and Mei was a broken down mess who had never left the house considering what happened in China. William grew up and moved out taking the occupation as a lawyer, while Gavin was pushed and flew through medical school, becoming a nurse just like his mother. The house was quiet as the days grew old. Mei was a housewife, cooked, cleaned and did her job like any mother would, but rarely spoke to her husband. Han was gone most days as a professor, and retired at the age of fifty five; who then sat at home drinking his life away. Gavin moved out and took a full job working as a nurse and lived on his own in the same city. He went to work everyday and came home to an empty apartment, day in and day out. It was the same until Charlotte came along, a young journalist who came in for a broken leg at the hospital he worked at. Since that day, it instantly clicked and both began to see each other regularly. She moved in with Gavin and dated for about three years, finally sealing it with a big, extravagant marriage the following year. Everything about them was relatively normal for a young couple, going off to work and coming home for dinner and night time kisses. This continued on until the outbreak, where Gavin woke up on his own that day to his wife feasting on a corpse on the kitchen floor. It if it wasn't for the knife set on the counter, he would easily have been dead. Not that that mattered, for he killed his wife with his own hands, something that haunts him every day. He took himself out and traveled as far as he could go, even checking on his parents, who overdosed on their bed together clutching a family photo, and his brother William, nowhere to be found.

Makoto, you are accepted!

Aside from that I am making this the last day we wait before I post again and we keep moving. I stated in the rules how I felt about keeping Role-Plays moving along so this is final notice. Hope you all have fun!

• Thank You
  • Love
Reactions: Cheek and Sekushiii
Alright, I am about to make my next post and start the second round of posting to move things along. I tried to be as lax as I could with the posting rules but it's been several days and now the Role-Play is stagnating because I have been so lenient. The people that have not yet created characters, or have done so and have yet to post, have until the end of the second round of posting until I'm closing down acceptance and removing inactive characters from the cast list.

To clarify: You have until my third post to become active or you will no longer be allowed to join until the next time characters are being accepted.

On another note, for the Role-Play itself, I didn't really expound on the number of people in the bar so I will go ahead and do so now. Other than PC's there are a few NPC's amongst us for the time being. Feel free to make up/use any and all as you see fit.

I want to post but I'm kind-of waiting for other people. If no one else is going to then I might as well, I want to get things moving.

I try to establish posting orders when I do Roe-Plays just to keep things neat and easy to follow. That being said I think we have few enough people in this Role-Play at the moment that no one will overlook anyone in the Role-Play.

The only posts that really matter in terms of order are mine at the moment. Everyone posts once per round, then I post and start the next round of posting. So for now feel free to go ahead an post in whatever order you like. You do not have to wait on others to post if you are ready to, just be sure not to post more than once until everyone else has posted.

Reactions: Jimin
I try to establish posting orders when I do Roe-Plays just to keep things neat and easy to follow. That being said I think we have few enough people in this Role-Play at the moment that no one will overlook anyone in the Role-Play.

The only posts that really matter in terms of order are mine at the moment. Everyone posts once per round, then I post and start the next round of posting. So for now feel free to go ahead an post in whatever order you like. You do not have to wait on others to post if you are ready to, just be sure not to post more than once until everyone else has posted.

Alright, cool. I shall have a post up fairly soon, then.

For some reason I'm not getting alerts when people post in the main thread so I'll just have to keep checking I'll have a post up today

I'll be posting right now

I'm gonna leave it up to you @Bradok though do you want me to have Lillian's satellite idea to work?

Well. as it stands now we aren't in total Post-Apocalyptic pandemonium. It's only been about a week since everything started so we still have running water, power, and I'm assuming internet. I don't really know too much about what it takes to keep the internet on honestly, but I'm assuming it would work for a good while even after everything went to hell.

That in mind you can do all you wish at the moment. For the sake of RP let's say satellites are still orbiting and functioning, all that jazz. If you want to push that route in the RP the be my guest.

Name: Brandon

Hieght: 6'0

Weight: 186

Disposition: People joked that he was like an amalgamation of "Mr Brady" and Vin Diesel. The perfect combination of fatherly love and guidance along with the fiery protectiveness and temper. He's always looking out for those around him especially his daughter and while he may always have the best of intentions, when he loses his temper you do not want to get in his way.But for the most part he can always be seen with a warm smile on his face no matter how dark the situation might seem.

Appearance:
2015-04-24-1429902361-614209-photo.JPG

Traits: As with any father nothing is more important to Brandon then his daughter Sarah. He would throw himself in the way of harm anytime for her. His over protectiveness shines through however with those he calls friends. He has undergone the most grueling of marine training exercises and came out number one in every field. He has also mastered Tactical recon and Leadership courses. As for hand to hand combat instead of learning typical military style CQB he learned Muay Tai.

History: Growing up an orphan wasn't as tough for Brandon as it was for some. He wasn't adopted but he always had a roof over his head and food in his belly. But still as young boys are meant to/ he made mistakes and got in with some bad kids. He began to roll with a local street gang and it wasn't long before he was slinging dope and getting in fights. It wasn't until he met a girl his sophomore year of high school. She was stunning. The exact opposite of him. He was the bad boy who had no money, did drugs and got in fights. She was the prom queen, she had it all, the money, the family . . . the life. It was that day that he new he wanted something from her, he just didn't find out what it was until later. A year passed as he made his passes at her, grew closer to her, more attached. As the days and weeks melted away it seemed all they did was spend there time together.

That is until he was given an ultimatum. Leave the gang, or leave her. It was then that he realized what he wanted. He wanted his own family . . . with her. His senior year of high school Carlos opted out of the gang. He was granted leave, but only after being beaten within a half an inch of his life and branded with the LB symbol. Months later after he finished recovering Carlos signed up for the military. His enlistment never came much of a surprise to his girl but she knew everything about him, even things he didn't quite know.

It didn't take long for Carlos to shine as one of the prime recruits. He was fast, agile, strong, and smart. Everything they looked for in a soldier. He became their go to man. He quickly underwent specialized training and a year into his service he was already in control of his own tactical strike team. They underwent some of the most dangerous missions and suicidal assignments and always came out alive.

Years passed and they married. They settled down and after Carlos got all of violence out of his system the settled down and had a daughter. His daughter became his reason for being. Every day was spent with her and he loved showering her with his love. When the initial outbreak hit his home he was out shopping with his daughter. By the time he got home his wife had dissapeared gone. He spent the first few weeks frantically chasing leads trying to find her but to no avail so finally with heavy heart he made the call to finally move forward and find a safe place for his daughter.

The appearance will be posted shortly ^__^

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Bradok
Travelor, you are accepted as soon as your appearance if finished. I'll add you after that and you can post.

Other than that we are -REALLY- falling behind my expectations for how quickly this would progress. It's just as much my fault as it is everyone else's though so I won't pass the blame. By this time tomorrow if everyone hasn't posted I'm afraid I'm going to have to move things along and those of you whom haven't posted will have to play catch-up.

Once again sorry, and I hope we haven't lost you.

Reactions: Sekushiii
I've actually been contemplating a possible first post that could get the ball rolling, Would you be willing to discuss it in a PM with me, also! I wanted to let you know my computer is in the shop I somehow melted something inside of it T__T

I'll explain more if you like ^__^

Sure, feel free to drop me a PM. Also be sure to read what has been posted so far to get caught up.

Ok, so we are moving on. Sorry for the late post, school and work swamp me some days. Sign-Ups are now closed, and I've removed the inactive people from the Role-Play. No new members will be jumping in, other than Tavelor's character who I approved beforehand and if he finished his Character Sheet.

I'm thinking of ending this Season either when we get to where we are going, once that is decided IC of course, or a little bit afterwards. Maybe keep it going until we get acclimated to our new situation and something new goes wrong. I don't know. I'm trying to let things flow as naturally as possible here lol.

Other than that feel free to PM me with ideas and suggestions. If you want something in the Role-Play and want it to be either a secret or surprise from your fellow RPers then feel free to tell me and we can work it out.

Also, do not be afraid to do something that changes the RP up in your posts. For example, if we head to the truck that I mentioned in my post don't be

@Bradok Was thinking about introducing a "bandit" character when Second season starts up. You okay with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.