Survive #2

"Augh!" The man screamed in pain as he sat up and began to pat at his skin. Whatever had happened had caused his skin to feel like it was on fire. As he looked upon his arms he could see his skin reddened from the sun. As he moved he could feel even more pain as he tried to get to his feet. Sand had surrounded him and as he rose he could feel thousands of the tiny stones leaving his body. He shook them off what appeared to be his coat and clothing, he also rummaged through some of the pockets to release the weight within them. He found a pair of keys, some matches, and a bandanna. He decided to use the bandanna to at least block one of his arms from the son as he rushed forward and began to splash himself with water. The sensation made him shiver with delight as he cooled down and began to search his surroundings.

"What?" He simply stated as he tried to regain any memories. He knew it was an island but what was he doing prior to being here? Did he live here? Was he abandoned? Maybe this is where he wanted to go? He seemed just as frustrated with this question as much as the sand in his hair. He began to wash it and realized its color. "It is black..." He simply stated it to himself. At least he knew that much.

As he finished cleaning himself he began to head towards a nearby tree for shade. Each step seemed to bring him pain as his muscles cringed with the effort he used to move forward. It seemed like walking through a desert as he finally reached the shade and collapsed on the floor. "What the hell did I do to get stuck in a crappy situation?" He thought to himself as he sighed and began to rummage through the numerous pockets he had. He cursed wildly as one of the pockets held within it an angry crab who was very unpleasant that a hand had invaded its current home. He decided to leave it there as he continued to scavenge around and found a note. He pulled it out and stared at it.

At first he couldn't make anything of the symbols but as he continued to look at it he began to realize what it had said. Thi... Thirt.... Thirteen?" He seemed a bit perplexed. It was a number? Kinda a waste for him to have went through that small effort for nothing. He simply tossed it aside as he sat up next to the tree. Maybe it was his name. Even though it sounded preposterous he hadn't found anything else besides some keys, a watch and completely drenched matches. He realized at one point he was soaked and probably came from the ocean. "Hell must of happened if I got knocked so hard to forget everything." He mumbled.

He saw something on the beach at where he was last at. He stood up and rushed forward. It had jutted out of the ground and although he hadn't noticed it, it seemed familiar. He reached and began to pull at it until it finally released itself from the sand.

"A bow...?" It had no arrows but even now seemed sturdy and reliable. Although a bit dirty he could at least use it for something. He walked back to his shade and sat. He began to look for a sharp rock before deciding to smash two rocks together until he had one sharp piece and began to look for straight sticks.

Even though he had no arrows he could easily make some. He had enough time anyway and maybe he could remember something, anything about his past.

Jik raised his head, looking at the human as she yelled. She didn't seem to be yelling at him. He slowly laid his head back down, keeping an eye of caution on her just in case.

Eight's head jerked up, looking up river as he heard the voice of a woman. "Seven, did you hear that too?" He asked, glancing in his direction to see if he had noticed it. It sounded like someone was just a ways up river, about a quarter mile or less. His eyes narrowed in that direction, trying to find the source of the shout. "HELLO?!?!" He yelled back at the voice, unsure if the person would be able to hear him. "IS SOMEONE THERE?!" He called out again, then looked over at Seven with a furrowed brow.

"Did you hear that!?" She looked at Jik with big grin before getting up. She put her hands around her mouth to make her voice louder. "HELLO!!" She yelled back, hearing the man's voice. "I'M HERE!" Her voice carried to them. She grinned wildly, looking at Jik now with a bright smile just such a happy person now.

Two sighed and continued to walk. He didn't know why he was here, he apparently was alone, and his head was still spinning. A slight cold breeze blew in from the ocean and he welcomed it before heading for the shade of a tree. He just needed to rest, soon this all would make sense... he hoped. As he sat he looked over himself. He was a large bulky man, most likely could take a beating, and didn't have any scars or tattoos to speak of. He looked around at the island, it seemed to be peaceful and quite beautiful... but if it was all of that why would he have weapons? Maybe he just liked to keep them with him? He sighed again and put his head down to his knees. He was just going to rest in the coolness of the shade. He would snap out of this dream... or nightmare... soon enough.

Eight got to his feet as the voice responded. He smiled to Seven, then turned back to the voice. Maybe this person had some useful information. He cupped his hands around his mouth and called out. "WE ARE CAMPED DOWN RIVER! ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!" He turned to Seven. "I'll be right back, need to check this out." He said before walking briskly up river towards the voice. If anything they may get another member to their group, strength of numbers is a beautiful thing to have in this kind of situation. His hand rested on his blade, just in case something shifty was going on here. He couldn't afford not to be too careful, this place was a complete mystery after all.

"YEAH, I'M FINE! EASY I HAVE A CREATURE WITH ME, NO CLUE HOW HE'LL ACT TO STRANGERS!" She calls back.

Eight slowed his pace, a creature? "CAN YOU COME TO ME THEN?!" He called back, who knows what kind of creatures inhabited this island. She said she was fine but there is a creature with her... it's not attacking? She could be in danger, he continued to walk in her direction, pulling out his bow and stringing up an arrow as he moved.

"I would but I'm in the process of making something to carry the food I have!" She called, looking at Jik. "He hasn't attacked me, he's just chilling here. Just don't frighten it and everything should be fine!" Her voice was quieter but her voice still carried to him clearly.