Survival Guide to a Christian School

Status
Not open for further replies.
And meanwhile, the textbook I had to get for broadcasting class last semester was so up-to-date that it made references to Gangnam Style and other fairly recent pop culture trends, which suggests that they update these fairly often. :I

Textbooks are updated annually to legitimize the need to purchase them new every year in order to get the "6th Edition" and so on, and so forth.

The only things updates are, as you say, pop culture references and, occasionally, photographs, and sometimes, leader names.

Just a comment, this doesn't happen in every school ya know.

Until now I've been in six different schools, all christian (I'm christian) and things from other religions and stuff have been accepted pretty well, no hate, no shotrowing... nothing like that. They just try to teach the Bible's principles (Not worship multiple gods, not to killing, not to homosexuality, etc)

Eh, I never went to a Christian school (I'm Christian), but my younger adopted brother did. From what I heard, the kids and teachers are pretty bad, the kinds of kids you'd see on tv. I'm glad I never did, because none of them sound very... welcoming. Considering I grew up in a pretty laid back christian family, I'm not too surprised. And now that I'm done with school, I'm glad I won't have to worry about it.

Unfortunately, they were always quite "fundamental", I guess. Homosexuals are evil/bad/something-or-other, someone's a bad person - hell for them! Muslims can't possibly be any good. So on and so forth. I've begun to see the bad side-- the bad side that shouldn't really exist in Christianity in the first place. Jesus never taught to hate everyone who didn't follow him, or was immoral. We're supposed to love them regardless of their beliefs, and I've learned to do so over time. I've also become more accepting of evolution, and would label myself as theistic evolutionist as well. No reason to hate science.

Anyway, love like Jesus loved us, regardless of their differences, help each other and others, spread the faith - if they want to hear of it, of course - and be an overall good person. I never understood why that was so hard for my fellow Christians. None of us are perfect, so we need to get off our high horses and stop acting superior.

TL;DR just spread the love. Public schools rock. Yadda yadda.

Eh, I never went to a Christian school (I'm Christian), but my younger adopted brother did. From what I heard, the kids and teachers are pretty bad, the kinds of kids you'd see on tv. I'm glad I never did, because none of them sound very... welcoming. Considering I grew up in a pretty laid back christian family, I'm not too surprised. And now that I'm done with school, I'm glad I won't have to worry about it.

Unfortunately, they were always quite "fundamental", I guess. Homosexuals are evil/bad/something-or-other, someone's a bad person - hell for them! Muslims can't possibly be any good. So on and so forth. I've begun to see the bad side-- the bad side that shouldn't really exist in Christianity in the first place. Jesus never taught to hate everyone who didn't follow him, or was immoral. We're supposed to love them regardless of their beliefs, and I've learned to do so over time. I've also become more accepting of evolution, and would label myself as theistic evolutionist as well. No reason to hate science.

Anyway, love like Jesus loved us, regardless of their differences, help each other and others, spread the faith - if they want to hear of it, of course - and be an overall good person. I never understood why that was so hard for my fellow Christians. None of us are perfect, so we need to get off our high horses and stop acting superior.

TL;DR just spread the love. Public schools rock. Yadda yadda.
Yeah. My School was REALLY Fundamentalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.