Surprise Encounter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan shook his head slightly as she finished speaking. "I couldn't imagine sitting in an office all day," he said with a slight grin. "Not only would it feel stifling but math and numbers go way above my head." He wasn't stupid but he could never muster enough energy to actually learn math as he thought it too boring, besides he always reasoned he would never need to use anything more advanced than basic math in real life. "I work as a mechanic," he said. It was a dirty and demanding work but despite being able to become an animal he liked machines and always had had a good hand with them.

(Sorry it took awhile, thunderstorms destroyed my internet>.<)

(It's ok I get it. :) )

Kieara smiled. "Neat. Is there a specific type of vehicle you prefer to work on? Or are you a mechanic of some other sort?" It sounded like trivial conversation but she was genuinely interested in her new friend. Acquaintance. Whatever he considered himself.

"My specialty is cars," Ethan elaborated, striking back dark bangs as he spoke. "Just don't ask me to repair a bike,, I'll probably mess it up." Even if some may argue that if you knew how to work on a car you could at least understand some things about bikes, but Ethan could never get the fasination with motorcycle nor how it worked. "We did use snow mobiles a lot back home in Alaska during winter so you could say I'm quite good with those as well, but down here they aren't used so by now I have probably forgotten how you drive one, much less fix one." He said with a laugh.

She laughed. "Driving a snow mobile sounds so fun. That's so fascinating." She smiled. "Is there a certain brand of car you like most or just any vehicle like that?"

Ethan gave a low chuckle, "it's more dirty than fascinating really but generally I like all cars as long as they have speed and power, in reality I prefer bikes but I can't for the life of me drive one." He said, drawing a hand through his hair, he'd tried driving a bike once and had crashed pretty quickly and his own self preservation told him to keep to cars despite liking the raw power and speed that a bike had. Ethan had to admit he was a bit impressed that the woman wasn't freaking out more and was now more interested in his hobbies than the fact he had turned into a wolf and back in front of her, just the thought of explaining this to the leaders back home sent chills down his spine, thankfully there were quite a distance to Alaska from here.

Kieara giggled. "My dad always used to like harleys. He would always tell me they were much easier to ride than crotch rockets or other street bikes. And I had a brother who used to ride in motorcross on a dirt bike." She told him. "However, he got into an accident and it claimed his life." She spoke. "Myself, I always liked to look at muscle cars."

"Sorry to hear that," he said after hearing her loss. Among his kind people were quite close, even those not related by blood, when you were a threatened minority it was safer for everyone to keep together and so during his entire life Ethan had been close to almost everyone in his little group, loosing someone was like loosing a family member. This tight-knit way of life was also very much a way to keep any shifter from making deeper bonds with humans, further keeping their existence hidden.

Gradually as they walked nature took a step back as the city took over, when the soft earth was exchanged for hard roads it was always like leaving a safe haven or a place of peace behind for the chaos of the city, in a way though Ethan like some things about it, after looking past the drawbacks. "That I can understand, they have some massive power and feeling before you even start the engine," he said.

Kieara smiled at that. "My favorite is a chevy nova." She told him with a smile. "I used to love going to my granny's. She had one that was turquoise blue." She spoke to him. She enjoyed cars, but she didn't know a whole lot about them. She hoped that didn't bother him.

"If I had to choose one favorite it would probably be the Chevy Impala that tops my list, the older the better," Ethan said, pulling a hand through his tousled hair. "I've never had the money to buy one but I've worked on a few." Except that being a mechanic was a physically demanding job and more free than an office job which were two things Ethan had as requirements it also gave him the opportunity to work with cars he'd never get near otherwise.

Kieara smiled. "Those are nice too." She spoke to him. "I appreciate you helping me out of the woods." She spoke to him again but being in public didn't mention anything about him being a wolf.

"Nah, I really didn't do much," Ethan said resting his hands in his pockets. "Except trying to scare you senseless so I could fetch my stuff, which didn't work. Perhaps I should have chosen another more imposing animal, a bear or a cougar perhaps." He said with a crooked grin to Kieara. The wolf form was a favourite of his but there wasn't many animals he didn't like changing in to, his preferred choices was usually something that flew or ran fast and when he felt like being careful he usually kept to animals found nearby or in the state.

"You change into others?" She thought he just changed into a wolf. She seemed so fascinated with him. She wanted to know more about him. He was kind an had helped her.

"Yeah, pretty much," he answered, slightly hesitant at first on what to say. But for once it was a sort of relief speaking with a regular human, unusual and interesting, after only speaking about the secret with other shifters. "It seems like we can change to a myriad of animals as long as we have seen them and know how they look. I don't think even the elders really know why we can either, their old stories and vague explanations doesn't really say much."

"That's so fascinating! It sounds exciting. It must be fun." She labeled her life as bland uninteresting and boring. She had no spark in it. She had no means to bring one about either. So she admired people who lived life on the edge.

He gave a small shrug. "Yeah, I guess so. The change itself is exhilirating on its own and becoming an animal as well but when you have done it since you were a child it's as normal as changing clothes really." He found it both shocking and saddening that so many people lived their entire lives in one form, never experiencing the pleasure of shifting, of course that meant that their lives were a lot safer as well.

She listened with a nod. "I wish there was something special about me". She told him. She didn't think there was anything special about her. If there was she couldn't see it.

"Most people have something special," Ethan said. Of course finding what you were good or great at was no simple feat, and it was also harder to see the special things about yourself. "Sometimes it just takes a longe time to see it."

Kieara smiled and spoke. "I don't know if I have something or not." she spoke and looked at the clock. "wow it's getting late, I would hate to keep you from your family or wife..."

Ethan let out a low laugh at her words, he couldn't even imagine being married, girlfriend possibly but marriage seemed so far off. "I have no wife I can assure you that," he said. "My family still lives in Alaska, I was the only onewho had the crazy idea to move south so no worries there, but it is getting late," he agreed. "Don''t you need to get home to someone?" Of course there was also a work day tomorrow but Ethan had never found himself having a hard time functioning on little sleep, always being alert and energetic in the mornings.

Kieara blushed. "Oh no no no! I'm single." She spoke to him and laughed softly. "I don't have anyone to go home to."

Status
Not open for further replies.