Suppose you were a congressman, and suppose you were a vampire . . .

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by - Falcon -, Jun 13, 2014.

?

Would you vote for a vampire?

1. Yes

46.2%
  2. No

7.7%
  3. Depends on their platform . . .

46.2%
  4. Only if they don't sparkle

53.8%
  5. Death to the blood suckers!

15.4%
  6. . . . fairy dust?

23.1%
  7. I have a better idea which I will tell you about.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Or . . . Why not both!?
    @Ryex was telling me about the "Dresden Files" and explaining how the vampire courts work, specifically the white court, and then it hit us . . .

If one of these guys ran for congress,
    we would vote for them.
    Reasons:
    • Because they're inherently greedy, they would ensure the country would do the absolute best in the future! (for their own comfort).
    • Immortal - not concerned with short term gains, if there's long term consequences. (and they can probably balance a budget).
    • They don't want you to know they're a vampire so they wouldn't be blatantly criminal and would pass publicly beneficial laws (to mask their intentions).
    • If we wanted to vote them out of office, all we have to do is open the blinds.
    • They always look good, so at least if we get board of the speech we've got some eye candy.

So Iwaku, do agree? or perhaps you can think of a better candidate?
    A Spinx perhaps? or maybe Loki?
    (< from Norse mythology)​

2. Let's get one thing straight. I fucking hate vampires. Elect whoever you want as long as they aren't a bunch of suck monkeys.

• Like Like x 1
  3. My opinion breaks even so it'd depend on their platform.

Pros:
    - If they're old, they've really been there and done that. Less likely to make dumb decisions based on public trends instead of facts.
    - Falcon's point about them looking good is pretty important.
    - Since they'd be a minority compared to humans, they'd work pretty hard to make sure they build up a good image.

Cons:
    - They were born to suck the life out of you. A lot of politicians do it, but vampires would probably be a lot more efficient at it.
    - Something tells me a lot of the budget would end up geared towards the blood donation banks.
    - Their poor secretaries and other underlings would only be able to get approval and work done during the night.

4. I think that it depends on how they are running. I'm no racist, what is this vampires aspirations? What does s/he see for the future of our country? What are his/her credentials?
    Also do we all know s/he is a vampire, because a couple time you mentioned it being secret. So if it was secret, then well maybe we've already elected vampires and we don't know it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.