Suppose you were a congressman, and suppose you were a vampire . . .

Would you vote for a vampire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Adventure Finder
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
I have a shifting work schedule, so My online times will be random.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, scifi, futuristic modern, fantasy modern, Action/adventure, Mystery, Fan-based,
Or . . . Why not both!?
@Ryex was telling me about the "Dresden Files" and explaining how the vampire courts work, specifically the white court, and then it hit us . . .

If one of these guys ran for congress,
we would vote for them.
Reasons:
  • Because they're inherently greedy, they would ensure the country would do the absolute best in the future! (for their own comfort).
  • Immortal - not concerned with short term gains, if there's long term consequences. (and they can probably balance a budget).
  • They don't want you to know they're a vampire so they wouldn't be blatantly criminal and would pass publicly beneficial laws (to mask their intentions).
  • If we wanted to vote them out of office, all we have to do is open the blinds.
  • They always look good, so at least if we get board of the speech we've got some eye candy.

So Iwaku, do agree? or perhaps you can think of a better candidate?
A Spinx perhaps? or maybe Loki?
(< from Norse mythology)​

Let's get one thing straight. I fucking hate vampires. Elect whoever you want as long as they aren't a bunch of suck monkeys.

Reactions: - Falcon -
My opinion breaks even so it'd depend on their platform.

Pros:
- If they're old, they've really been there and done that. Less likely to make dumb decisions based on public trends instead of facts.
- Falcon's point about them looking good is pretty important.
- Since they'd be a minority compared to humans, they'd work pretty hard to make sure they build up a good image.

Cons:
- They were born to suck the life out of you. A lot of politicians do it, but vampires would probably be a lot more efficient at it.
- Something tells me a lot of the budget would end up geared towards the blood donation banks.
- Their poor secretaries and other underlings would only be able to get approval and work done during the night.

I think that it depends on how they are running. I'm no racist, what is this vampires aspirations? What does s/he see for the future of our country? What are his/her credentials?
Also do we all know s/he is a vampire, because a couple time you mentioned it being secret. So if it was secret, then well maybe we've already elected vampires and we don't know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.