Supers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of waiting for an answer, Caramon walked away from the group and sat down away from them, close enough to hear them, but far enough away to not allow them to hear him talk to himself as he once again engulfed his right hand in crystal, but this time it was not a weapon he'd made, but the likeness of a woman, all in gold, yet some areas were darker than others, such as the places denoting her hair and clothing, and as he gazed upon her her form, she began changing again and again, as if there were many different women, all having the same signifigance to him, causing a tear to run down his cheek, then another, and another, unable to stand it any longer, he turned the woman into a ball of light and reabsorbed the energy she was constructed of, causing the crystal on his hand to fade.

As he dried his tears, he noticed something move along the shadows, hoping to figure out what, he placed his hands on the ground, being sure to prevent the others from seeing the crystal build on the pavement beneath his gloves, which he then used to create a small, golden figure that had a faint glow, unable to be seen through the fog, in the direction of the movement, closing his eyes to see what it saw, as he made it search the surroundings until he found what had caused him to resort to such a measure: the girl he'd seen a while before.

His thoughts resonated into the avatar's word, spoken in a careful whisper so as not to alert the others of her prescence.

"You are quite sneaky, despite how hard it is not to notice you. As long as you stay hidden, I'll be the only one who knows you're here, since you have to have some reason for following the others. I know not if you are friend or foe, but I would prefer the former, if it's all the same to you. If I hadn't left the group, I'd've never even seen you sneak over here, but until I find that I can trust you, I'll keep an eye on you. I won't stop you from following us, but if you do, I must warn you that I'm going to keep this little guy on you so that the others won't see you, but you won't be able to get too far from me, or you'll stick out like a sore thumb, and I won't be able to help you if you get spotted. That sound fair?"

The little being reached out his hand to the girl as a gesture of goodwill, yet he sat there patiently awaiting her reply, as until there were answers to be had, he had all the time in the world.

Shade nearly jumped when Blood Money's foot connected with the side of the desk she was hiding under. Thankfully his next expletive was enough to hide any sound that she might have made. She stayed still, the end of her tail curled only a few inches from her hands pulled close so as to not be caugt in the light that marked one of her targets line of sight. Direct frontal assaults had never been her strong suit it went against her instincts to openly challenge someone when she could get backup or wait until she had some kind of advantage. Her gaze followed the male of the pair as he moved around towards the back, her gaze flicking a couple times to the female just to double check her position.

During one of these checks she heard a slight thump and say a pair of familiar legs positioned on one side of the desk, perfect. Sliding out on the opposite side of the man she kept herself crouched down low, she had no intention of being seen anytime before she was ready. Like a cat waiting to pounce her tail arced out behind her and her wings shifted as though trying to find where they were most comfortable. With powerful legs she sprang forward her arms circling around Blood's chest her head over his left shoulder. Opening her mouth wide she aimed a bite right at his shoulder, it was debatable whether she would even be able to bite through his body armor but might be able to break something if she but some power behind her bite. Her right arm in the meantime used her nails to try and gain some kind of hold on his chest, her left hand clawing at the man's face mask trying to knock out the light she knew was positioned somewhere there. Already in her mind there was a timer of sorts counting down, she had seen the cool gleam of guns in either of this man's hands and she was very reluctant to give him a chance to use them.

She pulled into the underground parking lot of the abandoned building, finally having relief from the rain. It was pitch black and all that could be heard was the dripping of rainwater from the leaks into small puddles. Her helmet switched to night vision automatically, but Sparxx didn't need it, she knew this place like the back of her hand. Once her bike was parked, she detached the helmet from her suit, the hissing of air releasing.

"I love this thing, best thing I've ever procured." Jo chuckles to herself before flicking a finger. The one light above her turns on obediently. She dismounts and strolls through the damp garage, the light above her turns off and another turns on to politely guide her toward the elevator. It hums to life, okay sure, its not J.A.R.V.I.S, but it the setup sure is sweet. The lift climbs to the top floor smoothly and quickly of the once upon a time business building.

Who knows what kind of business was conducted here, but who the hell cares. It belonged to her, her own piece of haven. Far from everyone else, erased from any public records. The elevator chimed before opening up to fifteenth floor. She claimed the entire floor, removing the cubicles and filling the space with what she perceived to be comfortable and charming, an open concept disguising her clutter.

"Be Quiet!" A little voice, like that of a what a gremlin might sound like, shouted from the living room.

"Hey, you grumpy little bastard, how about 'welcome home' or 'I love you.' Jo chided at the cage covered with a black sheet. She was only met with grumbling, as her parakeet tried to return to its slumber.

"Don't forget who feeds who here."

More grumbles.

"Asshole."

"Be quiet!"

"Fine." Jo was tired. Maybe Icarus was on to something here. She glanced at her bed, so inviting with pillows and comforters galore. Yes, bed tonight, and tomorrow...well who knows.

'This is getting out of hand.' Night Watcher thought to himself. 'There is too many people grouped here.' He turned back and looked in the general direction of the hideout. "Whoever is with me, we are going now." He didn't intend to sound like a dick, it just seemed like his tone of voice had caused it. "I don't know who you other people are, but if we stay grouped here, then we aren't going to be safe."
------------------------
Else where on board a large battle ship just in Earth's Orbit.
The Space Sailor Destro was a model of a normal battle ship, but it was modified for space travel. It was the D.O.G. space command base, and they were planning something big.
"I want a report on the Jewlery Store." A voice grumbled. "If the jewels weren't destroyed, I want my soldiers I sent out there dead."

Stray soon with her cat ears of the mask heard a voice."A want a report on the jewelry store." She hears from afar. A slow smirk appears across her face and she leans over, sitting catlike on the billboard and let's out a tiny chuckle."My, what have we here?" She mumbles to herself amused. Seems like the cat indeed had dragged something out. Such calamity would soon arise. She was soon joined by Mali Mimic, or 'Marionette' known to flawlessly copy other peoples tricks and whatnot and tilts her head. But was these group of people talking about the jewelry store she just robbed from? Stray whispered in Mali's ears devising a plan and Mali gives stray a nod with a huge grin as she left.

Stray stayed and watched as well as listened meticulously while she allowed Mali to take the tiaras. Blackmail or some deal of sorts will be here soon or maybe Stray's neutral heroism but it depends on if these people were talking about the jewelry store she robbed and she quietly yawns. From afar she looked like a cat because of her silhouette and she waits impatiently. Perhaps the tiaras with the valuable diamonds were very valuable? Who knows. But she hoped this report wasn't referred to her.

A low growl snaps Blaze out of concentration and she glances down at her companion. His entire body was tensed into a crouch, waiting to spring on her command, his hackles were raised and his teeth were bared. She could see his tongue poking through his teeth as he growled softly but dangerously and she knew he was supremely agitated when she saw that. She followed his gaze until her eyes lit upon a small golden figure. "Eww," she whispered and backed away from it, landing on her butt. It made her feel slimy when she looked at it. Oy stood his ground, waiting for her to give him the kill order.

When it started speaking, she was a little surprised and she glanced over the top of the van to see if she could identify who was producing the creature. Only one hero stood a bit apart from the others, the weird looking one who had flown in last, she deducted that it was most likely him. The words he was saying seemed to be too trusting even though he was watching her, he was offering minor protection from the others. 'Heroes.' Her mind scoffed. "Yes, that's fair." She said a little breathlessly, her adrenaline still pumping from being startled. She scooted a little closer to the creature. "I haven't met many people like you," She lied. Beside her Oy was still growling, ruining the innocence she was trying to portray. She hit his side gently, interrupting the growl. He glanced at her indignantly and she shook her head. He whined gently but ceased his growling, keeping his honey gaze fixed on the golden creature just in case it made a move. "I just want to make sure I can trust you as well."

She fished her cell phone out of her pocket. "I just need to make sure my roommate knows that I'm safe." She lied smoothly. Her fingers flew across the screen to type in her message to one of her contacts, shifting the phone so that it was pointing away from the creature. "Know anyone who's interested in the secret location of a group of hereos? Standby." She slipped the phone back into her pocket and smiled at the creature, forcing a nervous tremble onto her lips for effect. "I'm ready." She whispered. 'What the hell are you doing?' Her mind screamed. 'Get the hell out of there!' Instead she continued smiling at the creepy golden thing and waited for the heroes to get a move on.

A twisted smile crossed the creature's lips as she agreed to his terms, mirroring the fact he thought it funny that she didn't realize he wasn't as naive as she was making him out to be.
Doing his best to make the little thing look as creepy as it could to just make her think it was merely a happy, creepy, little creature that'd show her the way to a place she wanted to go to, he had it climb up her shoulder, crystals forming over the places he touched as he climbed, yet they disappated not long after he reached her shoulder, grabbing onto her hair and making a small crystal nest in it to prevent him from falling off.

Caramon returned to his feet, mumbling to himself so as not to accidentally inform her of his plan with a smile on his face as he looked back in her direction. "You may become invisible, but he won't."
Running up behind the others, he decided it best to clue them in on his plan without breaking his promise, informing them in a brief whisper. "If you see a little golden creature floating in mid-air, keep an eye on it. It may save you a lot of trouble if you do." And with that, he walked on, following the masked man with the others in hopes of finding a place to rest and put together their first plan of atttack.

Last edited:
Her phone chimes beside her head waking her up from a deep sleep. She groggily flips it over, wincing from the light. A text: How much would you pay for the location of a GROUP of heroes? Did she just read that right? She wipes the sleep from her eyes and rereads the text. Two thoughts come to her mind simultaneously. One, the little money hungry bastard thinks he can weasel any riches from ME, like I won't take what I want. Two, how incredibly useful that information would be. A ton of applications already beginning to brew just below the surface.

As if the sender knew of her annoyance, he tried to soften the blow.
You know your my special client, you have first dibs, of course. Instead, he only succeeded in annoying her further. How dare he treat her like an equal, like he has any leverage to hold above her head. Perhaps he just needs a reminder. She lets the coldness of the floor shutter through her as she dresses herself into jeans, sneakers, boyfriend jeans, white tank top and a blue leather jacket. Her hair is disheveled, but who the hell cares.

Once upon her bike she hesitates in peeling out, a head tilt indicating her mulling something over. Without a word, the black bike beneath her changed color from tip to tip, blue overcoming the black like a wave. God, how she loved technology, and how the government just created it, like an apple tree ripe for the picking. A nod of satisfaction and she then proceeded to peel off into the empty streets.

It took her but moments to maneuver her way to the humble abode of her contact, well when you can change red lights to green, why wouldn't it? She reaches for her phone, again texting.
Come down. A few moments later and a thin young man wearing shorts passed his ass and a wife beater walked through the doors, greeting a group of delinquents at the front door. His cockiness dies down as he moved closer to Sparks, her face obvious that she was not amused.

"Don't you EVER-"

"Aight, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. My Lil' Ma is...well she's pregnant."

Jo rolls her eyes, now he's trying to appeal to her softer side, too bad he doesn't remember trying this once before. Always a different boo, who knows how many kids he actually has. "I want the info and I want it now or, well you know how persuasive I can be."

"Come on, give a bro a bre-"

"Careful with your word selection, or I'll give you just what you ask for. I'll also do your girlfriends a solid, and make you a unic." His hands slowly gravitate to resting infront of his balls.

"I will, I can't now, its happening real time."

"I'll wait." She put the kickstand in place.

The smile that crept along this.... things features sent a shudder of goosebumps through her core. Not to mention the fact that it left a trail where it touched. She looked at her arm, horrified, until the blue gunk melted away. When it finally nestled into her hair she shook her head slightly. It took long enough to wash her waist length hair, now she was going to have to think of a way to get this gunk out of it. Not to mention the creepy crawly feeling the stuff left behind. Oy stared at her, none too happy that the creature was nestled so close to his master. She glanced down at him and winced. His whole body was tense and his hackles were still raised. She'd known him since she rescued him from a high kill shelter. She was nothing if not confident in his instincts and he absolutely hated this creature.

She knew she'd gotten in over her head but there was nothing she could do about it now. She was here, seen, and now apparently attached to some sort of super with powers she'd never heard of. She thought about testing the golden projection with heat but decided that if it did feel anything it would tip off the super it was attached to, leaving her exposed and no matter how bad ass she knew she was, she couldn't take on 4 heroes at once, alone. Especially not with Oy there, risking injury to him was not an option. She would have to stay the course and see it through.

"Oy," She began, bending to her knees to stroke her pets graying muzzle. He whined softly, licking her face anxiously. "I know. You stay." She said firmly. He sat on his haunches, whined again but remained still. As she rose, her hand made a simple gesture, one Oy understood perfectly. Blaze attempted a small smile, though no one could see it. "Ready," she whispered and walked out from behind the van, bracing for the shock on everyone's face but nothing happened. She walked as close as she dared to the group, close enough to eavesdrop, walking as silently as she could.

Klaus agreed. There were too many people, people with rather strange traits and qualities. They were out in the open too, maybe those guys with the guns could come back and all of them would be just one giant target. Even with the idea of there being a lot of super-powered people in one area attracting some unwanted attention, Klaus was also a little elated. There were more people like him, gifted with these abilities. He wasn't the only one as he had previously thought.

Klaus followed the costumed man as he led them to his hideout.

"If you see a little golden creature floating in mid-air, keep an eye on it. It may save you a lot of trouble if you do," said man who called him Flyboy as he caught up with them. Klaus looked behind him to see the flying creature he was talking about. It approached them at it's own pace, trailing behind everyone. It didn't seem to want to get closer to the group, rather keeping it's own distance. Was it supposed to be a guard? Was it his back up in case they were all attacked in the hideout? Klaus didn't understand why it would be necessary if where they're going is hidden from other people, or why the suspicion if the masked man saved him from the gunmen. Klaus observed the little glowing figure for a while longer, fascinated by the abilities of its conjuror, before catching up with the others.

He fell into pace with the second man, hiding his hands in the pockets of his parka as they started to get colder. "So, you said you can teach me how to multitask my powers. Could you teach me how to fly better too?"

Last edited:
Caramon smiled at the young man's question, as well as the confusion at his most recent statement, which was written all over his face, and nodded, setting his hand on his shoulder and covering it in a barely visible layer of warm, transparent crystal, the small creature floating behind's mouth sealing shut as he created a small, golden spiral that wrapped around the other one's ear and ended as if it were a wrap-around earbud, making sure that only he'd be able to hear what he had to say as he removed his hand, the crystal still covering the young man's shoulder.

"I'm speaking to you with my mind so that I can exploit a loop-hole within a more recent promise I'd made in not directly speaking to anyone about it.
I will answer your questions momentarily, but the more important thing is the task at hand.
To appease your confusion, that little guy floating behind us is not a sentinel, or even a guardian, but a precaution.
Did you notice the odd color of the crystal he's sitting in?
He's made a nest in someone's hair, yet they don't realize that he made them invisible, yet could not do it for himself, so he sticks out like a sore thumb.

Don't look back, keep calm, and just continue to listen, because you are the only one I'm going to trust with this information.
When we get close to our destination, I'm going to remove her invisibility and let the others see her, so don't act until I do.
She doesn't seem evil, she just only cares about herself and her dog, so I can only assume that she's more like a bounty hunter or a spy than anything else, making money however she pleases.
I don't want to hurt her, just keep an eye on her so that she doesn't find out too much.

Anyway, about your questions, the answer to both of them is yes, I can.
You seem to be a trustworthy sort, so I'll teach you the tricks of utilizing your powers to their fullest potential.
In all honesty, I still haven't truly mastered any of my abilities, yet I'm willing to teach you ways to make the most of how you use your own.

The display I showed you a bit ago, only used about a tenth of a percent of what I've learned I can do, so, when we find a place we can train, I'll slowly show you more and more of what I've learned about myself, because finding out what your powers can do is more than merely playing with them until you figure out how to use them, it's about finding the balance between your heart and mind, and not being afraid of your ideas or emotions.
Emotions strengthen your powers, yet your ideas show you ways you never thought you'd be able to use them.
This method also allows you to find and test your limits, making it much easier to figure out what you should and shouldn't do with your powers.

As an example of finding and testing your limits, in this reality, I'm unable to create constructs without a medium like I was once able to do, yet I can create anything I wish on anything I touch, sadly though, as of right now, it takes a full second to form the crystal over an entire object, which is a lifetime on a battlefield, potentially leaving me open to many an attack.
While I teach you about your powers, I'm also going to be teaching myself, that way we aren't gonna be like a student and master, but like brothers, helping each other grow stronger.

You have great potential, I can feel it, but you're still unsure of yourself, which is your greatest weakness right now.
Sure, you shouldn't become full of yourself, but you also need to accept that what you have is both a gift that can be used to save the world, and a curse that can consume you if you give into your fears or insecurities."

Removing the crystal from his shoulder, Caramon's smile grew wider as he offered his hand.
"Just remember, as long as you believe in yourself, you can do great things, and I'll be here every step of the way.
I didn't catch your name earlier.
I'm Caramon Zero, the Crimson Hero, it's a pleasure to meet you."

Blaze walked at the groups pace which was much slower than her own natural rhythm. She examined each super closely. None of them seemed to be very old, some wore awful suits but all of them walked with their shoulders back and their heads high. The only way a hero could walk, with the idiotic complex that they were indestructible. She shrugged a little to herself, some of them probably were. The boy though, ice boy, seemed to be a little insecure. She could tell by the way he walked, the unsure way he glanced behind him. She held her breath as he stared in her direction. She gave a half smile and wiggled her fingers in his direction. When there was no response she decided that she really was invisible.

She listened to his questions to the big guy who implanted this alien in her hair and suppressed a chuckle. 'Isn't that cute,' she thought. 'Poor wittle super doesn't know how to use his powers yet.' She reached up to touch the creature behind her head, the feel of it making her stomach twist. She pulled on it gently but it didn't so much as give a millimeter. She glared daggers into the back of the head of the hero who did this to her. His cocky strides, his arrogant swagger reminded her of another hero she knew. He thought he was all powerful too. But this one was different, he was cocky, yes, arrogant, absolutely; but there was something else just under the surface. A vulnerability that she hoped to exploit when this thing started going south.

The bigger man put his hand on ice boy and remained quiet for what seemed like a very long time. A tickle of uneasiness began to creep through her, the hairs on the back of her neck beginning to stand up. She couldn't hear but she knew information was being passed. Her heartbeat banged against her ribs so hard it was a wonder no one else could hear it. Blaze was no fool. She needed to get out of there but with no way to escape she kept moving, trying to slow her hammering heart. She pulled out a small object that looked like a bullet with a button on it and pressed it. All she heard was a small click, she pocketed it, brought out her cell phone and texted her contact again. 'I'm in trouble.' was all it said.

Meanwhile, Oy sat obediently behind the front half of the smoldering van. Without the warmth his master had provided for him, he began to shiver, his short coat not offering him much protection from the rain. He sat stoically, his muscular body shuddering every few minutes until it was time to go. When he heard the signal he leaped to all fours, following a trail he would recognize in his sleep. He was forced to follow it agonizingly slow, losing the sent of his master every now and again due to the rain. It would take him a long time to reach her but he wouldn't give up.

Klaus listened to what the older man had to say, the transmission crystal clear, no pun intended, in his mind. Now that he thought about it, the color of the crystals the creature was sitting on was a bit different than the creature itself. So indeed there was someone there, cloaked by the powers of they guy he was talking to. Amazing. Could he do that? Even with his ice powers? Klaus kept his head forward, heeding the other one's command to not take another look. He heard something clicked but paid no mind to it.

"While I teach you about your powers, I'm also going to be teaching myself, that way we aren't gonna be like a student and master, but like brothers, helping each other grow stronger," he said. Klaus smiled a little at this. Maybe now he can get the help he needed to get better control of his abilities, and it would be nice, to have a brother. He wondered if he had a brother before. Maybe he was the older one. Yeah, and somewhere he had a mom and a dad that was for sure. Or something different? Maybe that person knows.

Klaus took the other man's, now Caramon Zero's, outstretched hand. "I'm Klaus ..." he paused for a moment, "but you can call me Shiver." Not bad., not bad. A layer of ice started creeping over Caramon's hand. "Oops, sorry," Shiver said sheepishly, pulling his hands out of Caramon's grip. "I still need some practice controlling my ice abilities too."

Last edited:
Wrapping a shard of ice in Twilight, Caramon looked at it with a smile, ruffling Klaus's hair with his other hand before speaking again, enveloping the shard in a pale, golden glow to see it more clearly.

"In all honesty, my power doesn't really use crystals, they merely appear in the area where my power's being focused and reflecting light, which causes the crystalline distortions to appear.
I only really use the golden glow to better see where my power's being focused, and as long as there's any form of light present, I can use my powers."

Setting his hand on his hip, he touched the hilt hidden in his pocket, smiling.
"You know, I still keep a knife hidden away just in case I can't use them, and I've gotten pretty good at it too, which gives me an idea.
Are you able to use anything besides your powers?
Like a blade or gun, for example?"

"I haven't really thought about it before, to be honest." Shiver, as was his new identity now, held out his palm and imitated the crystal in Caramon's hand with his ice. It was a relatively easy feat for him. He concentrated and tried to change the color of the center to reflect the trapped ice. A little frustrated it didn't work, he decided to change it into a snowflake, the ice spreading to form a pattern of connected hexagonal shapes.

"Also, um, I kinda found my abilities only a few weeks ago." His cheeks turned a light shade of pink. He knew, to be fair, Caramon must have had years, so many years to practice and hone his abilities. He had time to create strategies and techniques to effectively use his powers. From what he said, Shiver guessed he had to make some changes to his attacks sometimes, but he must have had the advantage of already knowing how to use them. Whereas Shiver was just starting. Against Caramon Zero and everyone else here who seemed to know their powers, Shiver felt small, overshadowed and useless.

"Er, well, I'm not sure if 'found' is the right word. I-I guess I've had them all my life....or maybe not. It's just—" Shiver knew he was starting to babble nonsense and threw the snowflake on the ground in frustration. The ice burst on contact, spreading across ground and covering it in a thin sheet of ice that began to melt in the rain. "I don't know the best way to explain it. I guess the day I first woke up was the day I found my abilities. I don't know if I've always had them or not, but since then I've always used it as my weapon, nothing else." He shoved his hands in the pockets of his parka and marched across the ice, his footsteps refreezing the ice and making them thicker than before. "I don't know a thing about them; where I got them, who gave it to me. I don't even know who I am either." He said the last part low enough for only Caramon to hear.

Caramon listened intently to the younger man revealing more about himself, afterwards, he began shaking his head as he adjusted his step so he wouldn't slip on the ice, his swift movements seeming more like a dance than an ordinary walk, continuing the conversation with a more serious tone to his voice.

"You may not remember who you were, but that just means that you don't have to worry about who you can become.
I've lived through my life nearly a dozen times, each in different realities, so it only makes sense that I'd pick up something from each when I died and got sent back to the convergence point of those realities.
I may not know why I can do the things I do, but I do know that I've had decades of practice with them, and that knowledge is what I'm willing to pass on to you."

Caramon crossed his arms and smiled as he moved in front of Shiver, turning around and returning to the conversation.
"It won't take you so long, mind you, but I'll do what I can to let you learn the ins and outs of those powers of yours, but before we can do anything, we need to get to some place with lots of room that won't have a risk of hurting others.
I know we could just train in the air, but you need to learn how to use you powers on the ground, too.
Also, we need to figure out what weapon you'd be best to have, that way, if you fight something your ice can't hold its own against, then you'll have something to defend yourself."

Running the fingers of his left hand through his moustache and down his beard, Caramon spoke with a hint of sadness to his voice as it became softer.
"No matter how much I think about it, every superhuman has a polar opposite, it's just undeniable.
The problem with that equation is me.
I'm a mixture of opposites because, even though this world became my future, I'm not meant to be here."

"So this timeline is not where you are from. You are here now for some reason I guess and when you die you will be reborn and the next life will be very different from this." He wondered what it must feel like to die and be reborn again and again, living many kinds of lives and remembering each past in the next over and over. Could that be worse than having no memories at all? "If what you say is true and we all have opposites, then you should have one too, despite this not being where you are from. Maybe your opposite is also in this world, following you into each life you pass on to. You may have already met him, you just don't know. As for me, if my opposite is out there, I wonder if they know who I am."

On the day he woke up, strapped to a gurney surrounded by ice, he only had two memories: his name and a face. His thoughts drifted to that second memory. The face belonged to a young girl with dark hair and hazel eyes smiling at him. He didn't know her name, just her face. It frustrated him to no end that that was all he could remember of her, but he suspected she had the answers he was looking for. She could tell him where he came from, how he got these powers, if he had a family, and who he was. He needed to find her, but he didn't even know if she was still alive, and the thought of that scared him the most.

"You're right, I shouldn't worry about it too much. I just gotta keep going I guess." He sighed. "Still, I don't think I'll ever stop wondering about it." His eyes drifted to the dark clouds above.

***​
Back at the jewelry store, a pair of white boots gently touched the roof of a nearby building. A white cloak embellished with red flames billowed around it's owner, and at the shoulders was a white hood. The hood covered her head, shielding her from the pouring rain. Underneath the hood, her hazel eyes observed the scene below. Firetrucks and police cars had arrived, only to find their so called fire emergency reduced to nothing more than burnt rubble. She watched, amused, as the authorities scratched their heads, trying to figure out why there was no fire. She herself wasn't sure what exactly happened, but she knew fire just doesn't go out like that, even in the rain. Fire likes to fight back, and it takes time to put it out completely. There would still be traces of it, embers dying in the rain as they tried to stay alight for so long. She would even see it, yet there was none. She blinked twice and her vision returned to normal.

One of the firefighters started approaching the fallen bodies, and she decided to act. From her utility belt around her waist, she pulled out a disk-like device. She turned the knob a few times before letting it drop to the ground. Within two seconds of landing, a giant grey cloud of smoke burst from the disk, enveloping everyone within a block's range of the store. They were asleep before they hit the ground.

Once the smoke cleared, she took one step forward and floated gently to the ground, landing with expert grace. She approached one body, wrinkling her nose in disgust as she kicked the shriveled lump onto its back. Dead. She blinked once, twice before her vision showed her the heat signatures of every living thing around her. Dead, dead, dead, dead, dead. All of them dead, including a few guards who happened to be in the wrong place in the wrong time. Oh well. She scanned the rubble once more before a red heat signature caught her eye. It belonged to an arm sticking out from the rubble. She floated to the arm, she pushed off the rubble, revealing a mangled and shriveling body wearing the D.O.G.S hazmat suit. She grabbed the collar of his suit and lifted him up. "Where are the jewels?" she asked.

"Gone," the soldier rasped, barely able to grasp for breath. "They were gone before we arrived." He gasped again, spluttering and coughing with a green gas she knew to be toxic spewing out of his mouth. She pulled out her sword and pierced him in the chest before setting him ablaze. With one swift move, she flung him against a rock. As the body burned, more green gas began steaming out of the body, dissipating in the air a few minutes later. She burned the others, leaving no evidence of the soldiers or the guards behind.

She reached behind her ear and pressed a button on a two way radio tucked underneath her dark, wavy hair.

"Firefang here. The jewels are gone, all of them. Someone got to them before us."

Firefang released the button and turned her full attention to what interested her the most. It was a column of ice, thrown up in what looked like a hurried shield. She could even see the bullets embedded on the surface.

It can't be. There was only one person she knew who had these powers, and he was dead. His body ripped and scattered apart by the ice he controlled and his blood mixed with those monsters he also killed back at the hell hole of a mansion. She didn't even have anything to remember him by except the memories they shared.

Firefang grit her teeth and melted the ice. You know what you saw that day, Penelope. He is gone. You were too late.

Just as the ice had been reduced to nothing more than a puddle, the firefighters and police began to wake up. She pressed her intercom once again. "I'm heading back to base, Firefang out." She gave herself a running start before leaping into the air and flying across the dark, cloudy sky.

Laughing for a moment, Zero turned his head towards the sky, smiling as the rain began to cascade faster from the sky.

"I love this weather.
You know, I think you misunderstood what I meant.
The way I always die is when my body ends up being obliterated, storing my memories inside of the mutualistic robotic aliens inside my body, and sending them back in time to the point where all the realities I exists in meet up.
That's my convergence point, where I'm able to make decisions to change my reality and move into a new future, each being different from the last, even if I make the same decisions, since other people don't make the same ones."

Reaching out his hand, he allowed a small pool of water to fil it before bringing it to his lips after causing it to glow a faint silver, drinking it before continuing.

"Honestly, I do have an opposite, but not powers-wise.
Omega was a virus in my original reality that was given a humanoid form due to a short circuit he caused in the World Network, whom I thought I'd destroyed, giving up my body in the process, in order to save the future I created.
He follows me every time I go back, doing what he can to make my life miserable for forcing him back in time.
I've seen my wife die nearly a dozen times now, twice being the same woman, so I need to find a way to kill him once and for all, that way reality can take its natural course, instead of all of these twisted and chaotic paths that only end in suffering and misery for the people who have to live in them.
Every one of these realities is supposed to be seperate and unable to move to another after they splinter off, but he's changed that to suit his own nefarious purposes.
I've finally given up on revenge, so this time, I'm bringing Omega to justice for tampering with the timestream, that way, even if I'm unable to find a happy ending, maybe everyone else will."

He looked back to the sky once more, holding out his arms as if attempting to wrap them around the entire sky, a tear running down his cheek as his eyes shone with both hope and sadness.

An ambiguous dark form stood on the vantage point of a nearby building, scanning and the crime scene below him as it were.

"Irregular heat signatures, testimonials, eyewitnesses."
"This was definitely the work of supers." he spoke into his intercom.

The Doctor turned in his extra sensory audio devices to hear the chatter of a few people on a nearby rooftop. The vigilante stared long enough to see a certain individual form a female avatar.

"Are you seeing this?" he questioned the A.I system
"Uploading this to the main system" he turned off his intercom.

He stretched his arm out as a small grapple wire fires out and latches onto the edge of a nearer building. He pulled his arm and brought himself to the next building near to the group of heroes. The inky black of his suit allowed him to become one with the raining midnight sky. His suit cancelled his vital signs and heat signatures as he silently waited in the nearby darkness.

"I'm going to have to follow these people to wherever they're about to go.' he thought.

"They don't seem to be particularly evil."

He watched the a particular individual in the rain, tearing in the rain. With a flash of lightning, the Crow moved out of his hiding spot and into plain sight after becoming impatient. With an equally ambiguous face as the midnight sky, The Doctor presented himself to the group.

"I need answers. What exactly happened here.' he said with his hands and body concealed behind his dark cape and robings. The Doctor was ready for anything to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.