Supernaturoleplay IC

• Thread starter HelloBeautifulChild
  • Start date

What should the new hunters battle first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julie Collins

May 28, 2015 @ 6:37AM | In her Bug on Highway to Savannah, Georgia

I see birds fly across the sky
Yeah, and everyone's heart fly together
Food is frying and people smiling
There is no other way to feel good [spoili]Jason Mraz - from Love is a Four Letter Word - The Freedom Song[/spoili]

Julie sang along to the music on the CD her grandson had given to her for mother's day and she could not deny that she was enjoying it. It had upbeat music, unlike a lot of the rift raft that was on the radio these days. She was surprised that her grandson had sent her the album, mostly he listed to the 'rap' and the 'hip hop'. However, he was nothing if not observant and was fantastic at gifts, so she really oughtn't be surprised.

Come on alone
I know you really want to feel our song
We got some life to bring
We got some joy in this thing [spoili]Jason Mraz - from Love is a Four Letter Word - The Freedom Song[/spoili]

She looked at the clock, 6:45 in the morning, she'd be to her grandson just in time for a late lunch. He was finishing up another semester at college, and she couldn't be more proud. He'd been busy with finals recently so she hadn't bothered him, but a surprise visit from Nana was just what he needed! That and the birthday present she had for him in the car. She may be in her late sixties, but she was more than nimble enough to make the drive. She only wished that Gregg, her husband, could have made it. Ah well, family obligations being what they were she wasn't too surprised that they got seperated from time to time. She had raised her grandson, his mother and father had died when he was young. So, the grandparents shuffled a lot of obligations, but they were proud to say that they had made a leader of a boy.

She noticed a young african american man as she made her way and slowed down, was he naturally born retarded? Rural panhandle Florida and a black man decided to be alone, she shook her head and she pulled to a stop. The world was much better, but general precautions still needed to be followed.

"Hey son," She said, speaking to the man (@firejay1). "What are you doing all alone like this? It's not safe for you! Hop in, tell me where you're going and I can see about getting you there." She turned the music down and checked to be sure that her passenger door was unlocked for him.

I pinky promise I'm not racist guys! I have family in rural Florida, and trust me is they weren't racist (aren't old while people great?) they'd be worried about any non-white men or women alone in the area.

If anyone is offended, sorry! Let me know and we can talk it out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: firejay1
Cerberus, Johnathan Kenly

Thursday, May 28, 2015 @6:20| Ma Henna's Chicken and Waffles

Cerberus watched the young vesseled demon come in, Charlie. His vessel was a skinny blonde teenager, perfect for what they had in mind. Cerberus watched Charlie search the menu and order some waffles and apple juice. Cerberus put down his fork and knife and picked up the small paper napkin. He wiped the edges of his mouth and spit a small piece of chicken fat into the napkin before setting it to the side. He looked the blonde demon in the eyes and put his hands on the table beside his food.

"Listen up blondie," Cerberus said calmly and low, "Word is that there's some ruckus going on upstairs so the angels are gonna be out of our hair for a bit. Crowley wants us moving on some nest of biters in Savannah, Georgia. Word is that there's some hunters down there. Group of rowdy teens looking for some action, not untrained but not Winchester level skilled. I heard from Trevor, or Troy or some guy with a T in his name that there's about 8 of 'em. I'm not looking to get dispatched by some trigger happy teen, so when we go there you and I are gonna fly under the radar. We'll scout out that nest, if we can we'll nick one of em and torture the poor bastard till we get something out of him."

Cerberus grabbed his drink and took a few gulps before waving the waitress over for a refill. She came over with a smile and walked away with the same smile. Charming young girl, made Cerberus chuckle a bit.

"You ever wonder about those of them who dont know?" Cerberus said cutting a piece of chicken and chewing it, "Or those that choose not to believe? I've always thought about how foolish they are not to know the second half of this world, but lately I've been thinking how blissful ignorance is. Hard to think about life before all this... But hey. I've got a good job, Crowley keeps me mobile and I get to cut down my enemies."

He ate some more and took a few drinks, just casually enjoying himself.

Charlie

Thursday, May 28, 2015 @6:20 AM │ Ma Hanna's Chicken and Waffles

It was silent as Charlie waited for his food. A small frown marred his features as he watched Cerberus spit chicken fat into his napkin before setting it aside. He pushed away the disgust that he felt in favor of paying attention to the man himself, ready for whatever it was that he was about to tell him.

As Cerberus explained what was going on at the moment and what they were about to set out to do, the blonde teenager couldn't help but let his mind wander slightly. He just called me 'blondie', he thought. Well, in retrospect, he did call him Pup, so he guessed that he couldn't be upset or anything. But Blondie? Out of all the things to choose from, he chose Blondie. Mentally shaking his head, he forced himself to focus back on the man across from him, listening to the last few bits of information. In the end, Charlie was able to summarize it in a few main points: 1) The angels were busy and stopped breathing down their necks. 2) Crowley wants them to go after some vampires. And 3) There were some kids that were trying their hand at hunting. How exciting.

"I don't think anyone is at Winchester level. Even the more experienced Hunters seem to hold them in high regard," Charlie said thoughtfully. They were, like, legends or something close to that. It only made the demon more curious about them, but he appreciated his life, so he'll admire them from afar. After Cerberus received his refill, a different waitress came to their table, holding Charlie's food, which made the blonde lick his lips. He hadn't eaten anything since he had awoken and was starving. Once the food was sat in front of him, along with his drink, he uttered a 'thank you' and watched the waitress leave before digging in.

Swallowing a few pieces, Charlie thought about Cerberus's question. "No, not really," he responded. He drunk some of his apple juice before setting it down. "It's too easy for me to remember life before all of this and, frankly, I like this better. Plus, I'm glad only a handful seem to know about us. Makes it easier to roam around and do things like eat at a diner." Charlie ate another piece of his waffle, which was happened to be absolutely fantastic. "Must be fun, running around and cutting down your enemies." This was Charlie's first job. Usually, he'll just move around and do whatever he liked, but he thought that doing a job would be a good change.

Diarmuid McCallum

May 28th, 2015 @ 6:37 | Side of the Road
Diarmuid felt like he'd been standing outside for forever, even though it had only been about twenty minutes. Not a lot of cars had come through, but those that had had either ignored him, or given him strange looks. A pair of young white boys had driven past, and one of them had even stuck his head out the window and thrown an empty can at his head, yelling something Diarmuid couldn't quite hear. Standing out here for so long, the heat was making him distinctly uncomfortable. Sweat had begun dripping off his brow, and he was getting the beginnings of a headache. It was really just one thing after another, wasn't it? Finally, finally finally, a nice lady (@HelloBeautifulChild) in a pale pink convertible bug stopped for him. "Hey son, what are you doing all alone like this? It's not safe for you! Hop in, tell me where you're going and I can see about getting you there." Relief practically made him weak at the knees. The woman even unlocked her passenger door and turned down her music for him.

"Thank you, ma'am." He said politely, sliding into the passenger's seat. "I'm headed for Savannah, Georgia. I know it's a bit far, so please don't feel compelled to drive me all the way there. If it's not too far out of your way, the nearest you could get me would be fine." He didn't want to impose too much on this kind woman. "My name's uhm... Diarmuid, by the way. It's nice to meet you. I really appreciate you offering me a ride." That was the right thing to say when you were hitching a ride with someone, right? The headache he'd been anticipating lanced through his forehead unexpectedly and he suppressed a wince, trying to ignore the pain.

Julie Collins

May 28, 2015 @ 6:52AM | In her Bug on Highway to Savannah, Georgia
It was hot out, and Julie could see the sweat on the young man as he turned to face her. Poor boy, she thought, what kind of a world are we in that such a young man is out on his own like this?

"Thank you, ma'am."
"It's no problem," She said smiling simply.

"I'm headed for Savannah, Georgia. I know it's a bit far, so please don't feel compelled to drive me all the way there. If it's not too far out of your way, the nearest you could get me would be fine."
"Well sweetheart I just so happen to be heading to Savannah," Julie said as he got into her car. Once his door was shut and he worked on his seatbelt she got back on the road, the melody of Jason Mraz softly playing in the background. "So don't you sweat about it. My grandbabies are in college at SCAD, and I'm just paying them a visit."

"My name's uhm... Diarmuid, by the way. It's nice to meet you. I really appreciate you offering me a ride."
"And you can call me Mrs. Collins," Julie said, not shaking his hand because she was driving. She didn't drive too much like an old lady, going the speed limit on the road from Panama City to Savannah was a requirement for all ages, but she was also not likely to take either hand off of the wheel. "It makes me feel young again - too much 'grandmother' this and 'nanna' that." She smiled beautifully, her happiness defying her obvious age. "Now, I'm not going to pry into what you're doing or why you're alone, so don't worry. I'll respect your privacy."

GM : Gwendolyn 'Gwen' Williams

Thursday, May 28, 2015: 6:11 AM | On the Highway from Panama City to Savannah Georgia, Nearing Tallahassee

Gwen watched the road ahead, driving and focusing on it. She watched as the sun came up, not quite high enough in the sky yet to justify sunglasses but high enough that the lonely, tree framed road was perfectly lit. This was the best time to drive, which was part of why they had left so early. She looked at the gas idlly, they had filled it before leaving and the tank should keep them until they hit Savannah, though they'd need to get gas once they were there. The other reason they had left so early was simple, they had work to do. 12 girls kidnapped, and counting, assuming that the police and college journalist had noticed them all. All different, no marketable similarity except that they were female. It was horrific, and she bitterly examined the simple that that someone, somewhere, was again trying to make women afraid, weak. She bit her lip in anger, drawing blood. It just pissed her off, simple as that.

"Hey boo...how close are we?"
Gwen looked at her GPS and thought, factoring in a stop or too for restrooms and food. As much as she loved driving, as much as she loved their 'creeper van', it was a weakness when trying to travel fast. "We should be there around noon." She said, not asking why. She knew why, she was eager to get on the job too. She was eager to get out of their van and kick some ... but that was just it, who were they fighting? The enemy was less clear, not obviously a demon or spirit. It wasn't killing its victims in some obvious way, it wasn't racist, in fact it was getting one of everything. If it was really random there'd be more repeats. No, all of these girls had something in common, a toothpaste brand, an ex boyfriend, something. They just had to find what.

"May 1st, with the kidnapping of Kassidy Hemlock. Since then a girl has been kidnapped at least every 3 days, with 12 in total thus far... Police have yet to close to school? Ignorance. Kassidy Hemlock, the first to be kidnapped, was a senior African American student with a Dramatic Writing major who was to graduate at the end of this semester the top of her class. Sheila Powell, the 6th to be kidnapped, was a sophomore Asian student with an Interior Design major, she had moderate grades and was scheduled to graduate on time....

So the commonalities are basically gender and school. Which suggests what....."
Gwen listened as Leese read off the article, their only real lead on the case. She hadn't really had a chance to get the police records, and when they got to a stopping point and had time she wasn't sure she would find anything. It was true, they all had liberal arts majors, but it was an arts school. Maybe that was it? A haunting on the campus, or a horny werewolf that just got turned. Were they all attractive? She hadn't seen pictures, and couldn't be sure. She shook her head, unsure what to think as she passed an old lady in a pink convertible bug (@firejay1).

"They have different backgrounds, races, creeds, ethnicities...maybe that's the point? Something has to be posing as a student or faculty, napping these girls because of their differences? Maybe it needs something in particular that it can only get from certain cultures or ethnic constraints? Just spitballing here. Or maybe....they're virgins? Something feeding or needing the purity of a female?"
Gwen, having been silent the entire ride, almost swerved in her laughter. She focused on staying on the road as she calmed down, "Oh - oh god, really?" She laughed, glancing at Leese to see if she was serious. "Some of these girls have got to be - what, 23? No way, absolutely no way." No way, she thought to herself. She chewed on the thought, a monster that snatched up virgins? She could only think of aztecs and dragons, both equally unlikely. She chuckled to herself, I'm sure the 'good lords' angels value 'purity'. The more she thought though, it started to make sense. She had heard a drunken hunter talking about Sam and Dean one time, a pair of hunters as close to fame as it gets, and how they fought human looking dragons that snatched up virgins when trying to justify his own theory that they were currently up against dragons. "Though, wait, didn't the Suzie or whatever that got interviewed say something about their church group? Because I heard a drunk guy talking about dragons once, but that's too ridiculous..."

@ch0sen1 I am going to play Gwen for now, so feel free to reply so we can keep the RP moving.

Diarmuid McCallum

May 28th, 2015 @ 7:38AM | On the Highway to Savannah, Georgia
"You're headed to Savannah?" Diarmuid asked, surprise clear to see on his face. It had to be his first stroke of luck since graduating. He listened in polite silence as she (@HelloBeautifulChild) told him why she was heading there. "It's nice to meet you, Miss Collins." He smiled, she was nice, and she looked younger than her age. He'd been surprised to hear that she had grandchildren old enough to be at college. "You don't look old enough to be a grandmother." He said, honestly, smiling. For a while, he didn't say much, just enjoying the ride and the music, but as time passed, he felt compelled to speak, not completely comfortable with the silence. Struggling to find a subject to talk about, he settled on the only thing he could think of. Which was, unfortunately, the reason he was headed to Savannah. "I heard that there had been some kidnappings from a college in Savannah. Do you know anything about it?" He winced, realizing the instant it came out of his mouth that maybe this wasn't the smartest topic of conversation to touch upon, if a relative actually went to the college there.

Status
Not open for further replies.