Supernatural Raiders

Elli leaded them all to the dining area, after everyone taking their seats, she removed the covers of the silver platters to reveal turkey, chicken, ham, fresh vegetables, many different dippings for the vegetables, fresh bread with butter, jasmine rice, sushi, and so-on. There were many different types of foods, and once she removed everything, that is when Richard began to speak. "It's nice that you all have come to enjoy this lovely dinner that Elli and I had prepared for you. I assume that most of you know why you're really here. This is merely a treat, whereas what I am about to tell you is why I really called you here." He hesitated before speaking again. As Elli placed assorted wines on the table, he poured himself half a glass of red wine and spoke again,"You all have extraordinary abilities, varying from supportive abilities, to deadly attacks. I'm sure you all have heard about the whereabouts of the supernatural beings that were said to go along the earth." He put a few pieces of meat on his plate as Elli came around with a dish of each assorted meats, sushi, bread, and rice. "I could only study bits and pieces of these beings with my telepathy. And what I can gather is that they're not normal. They do have a human appearance, and they show no hostility, but they have a habit of engraving strange writing onto tablets. As for this writing, nobody can really decipher it. I haven't gotten my hands on a tablet, nor have I ever dared to enter these tombs alone with Elli, which is why I seek your help. I will give further information after we finish our food. This is just an introduction."

Elli finally had taken her seat, having her plate assorted with all the types of food on the table. She gasped, dropped her fork creating a loud noise against her dish. She looked along the table with wide eyes and then to Richard.
"What is it Elli?" Elli stood up and proceeded to the kitchen,"I forgot the wasabi!" She hurried back as Richard sighed and she put a little dab on a small plate which was placed next to her entree. She passed it around, the first person to her left being Naia. She gave a short giggle and began to eat her food.

It was silent for a moment, but Richard spoke to end the silence.
"Tonari." He announced before taking a sip of his wine and pursing his lips. He looked in his general direction,"I heard that you can astral project. Such a complex ability spikes my interest. A lot." With that, Elli seemed to open her mouth really big, unaware that others had different abilities such as her own, or perhaps were much more stronger than her. Though, the fact that they were superior to her in power made Elli feel a bit more welcome to their friendship. She looked to her wine glass, it was empty. She's not much of a drinker, but she felt like an occasion like this it would be more welcoming if she tried just a bit of wine. She poured the same kind as Richard, but looking at the bottle before pouring it. She seems clueless about wines. She only placed the ones on the table that were the most popular to Richard. "How exactly does it work?" Richard asks after Elli finished pouring her wine.

Tonari felt a couple pair of eyes on her as she sat at the table. She glanced to a man who seemed about her age, his pale lavender eyes and deep purple eyes caught her attention, she abruptly looked away though, not wanting to stare. She then met the gaze of a girl who looked around 13 years old, Tonari's expression appeared serious as she nodded, a small greeting in response to the smile. She was surprised that someone so young had joined.

Her attention was drawn to the table again as the one called Elli uncovered the food, revealing all the equally delicious choices that were laid out before them. As the dishes were passed around she took some sushi, rice and veggies, then poured herself a glass of red. Since 16, she'd had the occasional drink with her father back in London, so she had developed a decent tolerance of alcohol.

Her gaze shot up as her name was spoken and suddenly she felt a little on the spot. Any nervousness failed to show on her usual serious expression though. And if anyone was still questioning her gender, it became clear as she spoke with a soft toned voice. "It's... not quite as complex as you'd think. When my spirit --so to speak-- separates, I imagine it's the same as being a ghost, only I have a body to return to. I can move through anything undetected and go into closed areas. Not that I'd ever use it to invade anyone's privacy."

Mike was surprised by how much food had been cooked just for this small group. It seemed like they had cooked for more of a small army than the seven all together that sat here. He listened to what Richard was saying and wondered exactly what these beings could actually be. One obvious answer was aliens from another planet, but they could also be of this world and just derranged or something. Mike was about to get his food when Richard asked one of the ladies about her ability. :So Tonari can split her spirit and body to move freely among anthing? Sounds interesting....: He laughed when Tonari commented on invading privacy, "I don't think you have to worry about us since if you do invade we will just kick your ass for it." He raised an eyebrow to her to enforce his point, he didn't want to come off so bluntly but sometimes you just had to.

Finally, the door opened, revealing a young woman who introduced herself before telling them where to go. Cherry nodded, taking off her shoes and setting them neatly by the door, leaving her in her white ankle socks. She figured that it must be a cultural sort of thing. She was left to wonder about what this lady's position might be- Another teammate? Leader? Co-leader? Or perhaps a maid?

As she sat down in the middle-right area of the table, she noticed a newcomer to their group. A boy (or maybe a girl?) dressed in a blue collared shirt with a yellow tie. She smiled at them and was about to wave a little, when she noticed that Elli was removing the covers, revealing all sorts of delicious foods, she hadn't seen such cooking since she was kicked out of her family. Paying attention and listening to the man speak, and only got more interested as he spoke. She had heard of these beings sometimes, through newspapers and word-of-mouth. She could already guess that he must have wanted them to go in the temples, something that she wasn't sure of-going from tight-roping to dodging tomb traps was a rather steep jump, after all.

She looked towards Elli once she heard the loud clanking noise, wondering whatever could be the matter, but then it turned out to just be forgotten food. Suppressing a giggle, she remembered when she used to be so concerned about how she appeared, but as soon as her parents approval was dropped, she had a sense of freedom, but of course she kept her manners.

She gathered an assortment of veggies and pastries such as meat pies on her plate, along with a fair amount of meat. She debated about having wine, since while she was of age, it'd be highly embarrassing to get drunk, and her only experiences with it were tasting it before spitting it out, barely developing any sort of tolerance for it. But still, she could control herself, couldn't she? It wasn't like she'd get completely smashed... or maybe she would...

The name 'Tonari' was unfamiliar to her, was this perhaps the name of the newcomer? Her suspicions were confirmed at Tonari speaking, explaining her power and her gender from her voice. Ah, 'astral projection', a power that was often grouped with hers as being part of the 'supernatural'. She suppressed another giggle at Mike's comment, raising a hand to her mouth. His raised eyebrow did enforce his point, but it just looked so comical to her.

Zack eyed the bountiful feast with his usual flat expression, but he couldn't deny that everything looked delicious. The scents wafting from the various dishes were intoxicating, and he filled his plate with some of the chicken, ham, sushi, and bread, eager to see how it all matched up to the cooking of his original team's chef. It had been quite some time since he tried gourmet cooking like this. He didn't bother with the wine, though; he tried to stay away from alcohol. It messed with his mind a little more than he was comfortable with.

He listened intently as Richard spoke, the mention of "supernatural beings" piquing his interest. He wondered just how much the raiders' apparent leader planned on elaborating on. Did that mean that dragons really did exist? If Zack could find proof of this, then others would definitely believe him when he spoke of his parents' murder...and perhaps his dream was possible after all...He was more than happy to seek out these tablets for them. Not that he outwardly showed it, unless a slightly raised eyebrow and a nod counted.

When the silence was again broken by the mention of this "Tonari" person, Zack's attention was once again captured. So that was the name of the newcomer. Problem solved. Her power of astral projection had Zack interested as well; he'd never heard of such a thing. And he certainly had no experience with it. Tonari's explanation proved helpful enough, though. What a helpful power that would be, he thought. Idly, he found himself wondering what it would be like to "live" outside his body all the time. It wasn't the best prospect, but it was still an intriguing one.

Richard chuckled at their comments. "I wouldn't recommend violence, especially in this area. This mansion is quite old you know." Despite it's high-tech features located in the basement, the mansion was old. Elli looked around to notice that everyone was laughing or chuckling at the comments that were being made. Unaware of what to do, and even though she didn't even pay attention to what people were saying, she gave out a loud laugh that echoed throughout the dining room. Richard gave her a confused look -- it must have not been that funny. She continued to play with her food, as Richard killed the silence again,"Well. I do believe that you have an extraordinary ability. I imagine that you'll be very useful." Richard seemed to have finished his food.

Elli began to look along the table to realize that people were almost finished eating, and as for her. She grabbed too much food for her stomach to handle. She had two pieces of sushi left, a piece of ham, and rice scattered along her plate. At least she figured her veggies, she would think. Yet, she hated wasting food. She attempted to finish the sushi, making an odd look as she shoved the sushi in her mouth and began to chew. She then looked to her wine glass. She opened her mouth a bit before realizing that she didn't even drink any at all. She quickly grabbed it and chugged as much as she could before making a bitter look by the taste of it.

Elli looked to Richard as he spoke to her,
"Elli. Would you please prepare the map for me." She nodded, and left her seat, placing her napkin on her plate. She left the area, and went to the room behind the staircase. This room always scared her, the flickering old lights, the darkness, and the weary feeling that it gives when she steps foot into the area. She walked to the only thing in the room -- the fireplace. She pressed a button, and the fireplace began to pull back, revealing a staircase. She rushed down the dark staircase, due to the fact that it had the same feeling as the room, and because she wanted to leave the room so bad. The fireplace remained open and the terrain changed from old cement, to clean and shiny flooring. As she walked through the hall towards a large circle, she lifted her arm when she got to the circle. She seemed to have pressed a button in mid-air, revealing a detailed map of the earth.

Richard spoke again,
"Now. If we are finished, we will proceed to the war room."

Tonari blinked at the words of possibly receiving an 'ass-kicking' were she to invade the other's privacy. Her expression a little bewildered until it hit her. Oh, a joke, a lighthearted threat meant to be humorous. Her lips curled a bit as a quiet laugh escaped her, a rather nice feeling washing over her as she just felt like part of a group sharing a laugh together.

"...Thank you," she responded to the praise, then focused on the food in front of her again. She was just finishing her glass of wine, her plate already cleared by then, when their host spoke to Elli again and the girl left the room. She took her napkin off her lap and laid it on her plate, a nearly universal sign of being finished with a meal. It seemed they were ready to get down to business, and she was eager to here more about the tablets Richard spoke of earlier.

Feeling pleased with the fact that she had made contact with every teammate, Naia rewarded herself by grabbing a large roll, spreading a generous amount of butter on it, and taking a huge bite. To her, bread was by far the most delicious thing created...besides ice cream, ice cream was good too. She did her best to ignore the vast majority of meat on the table...she didn't need it. There was no way she would feast on a fallen friend when she didn't need it to survive. She was then handed something by Ellie; she quickly passed it along.

However, her attention was grabbed when they brought up when the name "Tonari" was brought up. That must have been the newest girl.

'Astral projection...huh? Seems like quite the ability.'

Mike had gotten a small amount of food while everyone chuckled, being too excited to eat much. He was glad everyone got his joke since they were so young, except Richard he was old enough. Making threats that were really jokes usually upset younger people he noticed. "We wont fight in the mansion Richard don't worry." Mike wondered if Richard was the one who contacted him, the voice in his head sounded the same. When Elli left then Richard announced it was time to move to a different room he put his napkin on his plate and stood up pushing in his chair. "Time for business then, I can't wait."

Cherryin continued to eat her food, being glad that she hadn't picked up too much for herself, since it'd look rude to just not eat everything on your plate- Or maybe culture standards were different here, she did hear that in some places eating everything meant that you were still hungry. She finished with only a few of her vegetables remaining, just in case of other culture standards. She also decided to take a sip of wine, but just a small sip- wouldn't want to get out of control, after all. Sipping it, she found that it tasted quite good compared to the rest of the wines she tasted, but she quickly pushed the glass away from her to stop herself from taking too much.

"I must thank you-or rather, both of you- for the meal." she said, wiping her mouth with a napkin. The man said something about preparing a map, and moments later, he said that they were to go to the war room. So, this was it, getting down to business, as it were. Anticipation built in within her behind her calm expression. What excitement, what dangers awaited them?

Zack dug into his meal a bit more enthusiastically than his stoicism might have suggested he would. He had to admit...it was absolutely delicious. That chef he was thinking of earlier could certainly learn a thing or two from whoever prepared this food. He'd been careful not to grab too much, though, because he'd heard it was considered good manners in Japan to clean one's plate of every last bit of food, and he didn't want to stuff himself and slow himself down as a result. In the end, though, he still ended up going for more of the sushi.

He thanked Richard and Elli as well once he finished all his food and rested his hands in his lap, occasionally looking over at everyone's plates to see whether or not they were done. Once he heard Richard's announcement, though, he stood regardless. He was eager to get things started and get his hands on one of those tablets. Surely translating it wouldn't be that hard...

Richard nodded at the thanks that they gave him and Elli. He stood up as well,"We'll clean up after we get you all settled in. Now follow me." Everyone began to stand, and follow his slow footsteps. The many footsteps echoed in the large entrance room as they proceeded to the room behind the staircase. They walked into the room, the light was still on from when Elli walked in as well as the transformed fireplace. He stopped in front of the fireplace, looking behind him to make sure everyone had followed. Then he proceeded down the stairs. The terrain changing to shiny flooring. This room seems to be very high-tech. They continued down the hall, as Elli turned around at the sound of footsteps. She gave a smile as the map of the world was shown in the air above the circular device.

Richard sighed,
"Elli, I was hoping you would bring up the tablet." Elli looked to him,"Oh! Uhh. Let's see." She poked a lot of buttons on a transparent keyboard within the air. Richard chuckled,"No no no. You have it all wrong." With the press of a few buttons, a tablet began to levitate. It was no transparent figure either, this was a solid mass. He reached in slowly and grabbed it. The engraving was thin, yet a tint of green appeared. Elli looked at it closely,"It looks different from before." Richard then began to look closer at Elli's comment -- she was right. "It does. It may have a reaction to us perhaps." Small print began to form on the tablet, glowing in green. Elli looked at it sideways,"What does it say?" Richard shook his head,"I don't know." Then the lettering began to morph into the common language of English. Richard's eyes began to move as he spoke,"Long ago. Before the creation of this perfect planet, what is known as the supernatural beings were created. We are unaware of our existence, who created us, or what our purpose was. Yet, we do know about this very planet that has been constructed for life to prosper. We have the same look as humans do, yet we are transparent figures, we hide ourselves, and we try to find purpose to what we do. And this is why we have written this. If there are those out there that can read this, unlock the next tablet by entering the tomb at Ryuuta Temple. There will be the tablet at the very end of the tomb. But, be careful, for there are many traps that will prevent you from success. I will only say one more thing. These tablets -- unlock the future in which was foretold, in which cannot be changed, in which will lead you to your safety."

Elli gave a confused look,
"Is that it?" Richard looked to her,"Yeah." Elli responded as the lettering turned back to normal,"What do you think it means?" Richard shrugged,"Well. It seems as though something big will happen eventually. I wasn't expecting this, and we best get to Ryuuta Temple as fast as possible. The information is too vague to make assumptions now." Elli nodded,"Isn't Ryuuta Temple about two hours from here?" Richard nodded,"Yes." He then looked back at the others,"I apologize. I wasn't expecting a mission so fast, but if you will do me a favor. I would need everyone's help by tomorrow morning. Would you guys be willing to help me?"

He questioned them, hoping they wouldn't take such haste of a mission out of greed. Yet, with the tablet's writing saying this, of course they had an affect on this tablet. As if they were destined for this and nothing else.

As Mike followed he was amazed at how the scenery changed. Going from an old mansion to a high tech room was something he didn't expect. Having a staircase or something behind the fireplace wasn't such a surprise as this room. As Richard asked about a tablet to Elli he wondered if it was the one that was found in some random location. His suspicion was true as he saw it and wondered why it somewhat glowed a soft green. When Richard started reading the tablet and then finished, Mike thought of a couple questions. Why would these beings let anyone who could read the tablet lead them to the other tablets? And why wouldn't they just know who had supernatural powers and who didn't and save them that way. When Richard spoke of a mission he instantly lit up . "Why wait till tomorrow, let's go now! We are fueled up and ready rearing to go! So to speak." He didn't want to so nothing for the rest of the evening but if they had to stay he wouldn't say anything.

While Zack was being led through the hidden passages in the mansion, he looked around with an almost bored expression on his face. He'd seen technology like this before in his own home; the group's chef was a man of many talents, and frequently experimented with technology that made use of his own power: control over time. The device in the middle of the room reminded Zack of the powerful man's pride and joy, a machine that let one travel through the alternate realities and timelines. Not that it was fully functioning by any means.

Zack listened to Richard's reading of the tablet with interest. He had to admit, he was a bit disappointed by the description of the "supernatural beings," how they seemed to be a specific race rather than a general group as he'd assumed. But at the same time, this was a mystery to solve, so to speak, and Zack knew it was his job to help the rest of his group unravel the clues presented by the tablet's inscriptions. The beings certainly were kind to present the location of the next tablet.

"We should rest," he said in response to Mike's proposition, suddenly speaking up. "We'll perform better if we get a good night's sleep."

Having told her animals to stay there and not make a ruckus, Naia quickly followed after the group silently. It was then when the technology was introduced. It was like nothing she had ever seen before and truly mystified her as she watched the tablet begin to hover, her eyes growing wide. She had no idea modern science had such capabilities...true she didn't even own a cellphone, but she hadn't been living under a rock.

Then Richard began to read.

Supernatural beings? The whole situation intrigued her. She immediately found herself wanting to know more about these "beings" and there was one sure fire way how that could happen. Making her way to the front of the group, Naia approached Richard and tugged lightly on his sleeve to gain his attention.

"This subject has intrigued me...you may feel free to use my abilities in any way you deem fit to help your cause." She said flatly. Despite looking so small and young, Naia had an extensive vocabulary. It helped prevent people from treating her like a child.

Cherryin stood up, pushing her chair in and following the group lead by Richard. It was quite the contrast in setting, having such technology in a mansion looking like this, but she figured that it was only necessary to have such technology, and it could even be called unprofessional if he didn't have it in the first place. This was an organization he was running, after all, and she had some trust that they were in good hands.

She looked at the tablet, she couldn't deny that she was fascinated by it too, and even more so when it was mentioned that the tablet looked different from before. She listened to him read the tablet, mentioning other supernatural beings and where the next tablet was. It might have been way off, but perhaps they were somehow related to them, since they themselves were considered 'supernatural beings' sometimes, though these supernatural beings could be much different.

"... Yes, I suppose I'll help." she said, this all being very intriguing and exciting to her, but at the same time, she knew of the potential danger she was getting herself into, and yet she agreed to help. No backing out now.

"Like Zack said, we should really prepare before going out." she said.