Supernatural Party

"You know what I mean Flare.... " Again she shook her head, it was as if she had two different personalities. One shy and quiet while the other one well, serious and not hesitating. She took a sip from her drink and looked back out of the window.

Landon sighed. He was at his forth drink now maybe? Everyone kept filling up his glass even though he kept refusing then having to drink to be polite. He looked at flare He was never scared. He was just passive. Most people would look at him weirdly when he would apologize for beating them up. He was a very friendly guy. Everyone just seemed to want to fight him, wether it was flirting with a girl or being smart. He tried his best but somehow. The entire population of males would find a way to pick a fight with him. He smiled. He looked at him. He felt a bit pissed at this man. "Well excuse me sparky but I don't believe I have to concur myself with a jack ass With a big ego and an even bigger head that is so hollow you can hear the echoes Of what used to be there." He smiled finished his drink and walked away. He hoped that now this guy what leave him the hell alone.

Sparky?

Flare's scowl deepened. Not wanting to burn the house down (yet), he glared daggers at the back of Landon's head and, without moving an inch, discretely ignited the smallest of flames atop the...disturbingly familiar man's hair. Just enough for him to smell the burning. Flare grinned again. Ah, it felt good to really burn something. He took another sip of his wine, feeling a lot more relaxed already.

"nice to meet you V-" said Kay before void melted into the shadows. Kay's confused look slowly turned into a smile as he recognized Landon from his lunch table and watched as he pissed off Flare. Kay didn't really talk with the people at the table he kind of just sat there silently.

"is flare usually like this?" Kay asked void once she was back by the window.

She nodded her eyes back at Flare and Landon. "He's kind of a hot headed person yes...." In a lower voice she added "And he's just a big showoff from time to time...." She bit down on her bottom lip when she recognized the way Flare looked at Landon, the scent of burning hair drifting their way. She had told him to behave but as usual he had to try and get in a fight, even on a party. Again she brought the glass to her lips and took a nervous sip, she had to focus on her eyes to keep the light hue of her iris a bit visible, actually creating a shadow around her iris. Void had forgotten to put in her eye contacts which hid the fact she normally didn't had an iris at all.

Kay did something which could be compared to blushing when he looked into Void's eyes. Because Kay wasn't an actual human, it took focus to make color show up on his icey surface. However when he lost that focus his color faded away.

"So, uh,........are you human?" Kay asked and gestured at her eyes as his face faded away to reveal clear ice in the shape of his head.

The flames grew at an alarming rate only to be put out. Landon looked back. The long black staff shot out forming out of shadows. The art of the staff where the blade was to fly out a pole flew out instead. And it was aiming for flare's temple. This time. This time. Landon would fight. And he would show no mercy beyond what he did. He was going to fight with the scythe in pole form.

"Not exactly... I look human and have their emotions but they call us shadow dwellers. We are born from the shadows so that's basically my power.... " Her head suddenly moved to the shadow where the staff had appeared from, she could feel it had formed out of them. She groaned soft, Flare had managed to get in a fight again on a party. She whispered as she looked at Kay again. "I'm sorry.... " Although her appearance might fool people she got high grades if it was about fighting, being at the best of the girls from her class. Slowly she exhaled and her pupil disappeared once more for her to sink and raise from the shadow of the staff itself taking the hit to her arm instead of allowing it to hit Flare's temple " 'Please stop you two! " She exclaimed to them, she didn't really want to get involved and cursed under her breath knowing they probably wouldn't listen.

Seeing the attack coming, Flare ducked reflexively, but the dodge proved pointless when Void stepped in and blocked Landon's strike. He laughed, loudly and confidently. "Thanks for the save, sweetheart!" the hotheaded young man said to Void. He set his wine aside and flashed a cocky grin at Landon, one hand wreathed in the flames of a prepared counterattack. "I won't leave you covered in third-degree burns if you quit acting like such a douche, capice?"

"Cut it out Flare. " Her tone had changed, aggressive a vicious spark in her pure white eyes. Her shadow swirled around, like a hungry beast close to wounded prey. A growl had mixed in her voice, this was her other side which she preferred not to show. "Why can't you go to a party without starting a fight. "

YEA FLARE! Kay wanted to shout, but he didn't because he really didn't want to get involved and the sooner things died down the sooner he could go back to flirting with void.

"Burn me you say?" He raised an eyebrow. And flare was calling him a douche. He could certainly look in a mirror. All Landon wanted to do is make friends but this guy was an ass, and he had no intent on talking with him right now. He looked at him with a smile. He was drunk, Landon was drunk and not responsible for his actions. "I hope you understand but um, Do you mind you know. just please. For the sake of a nice evening. Erm... Fuck off? Ok, Thanks. " he said with a grin, but if Flare lashed out at him again. The hand would never reach lindens face. It would fall down dismembered. Landon wouldn't have even touch him. The dark spirit would fly out the ground and strike with the traditional looking scythe.

He looked at Imogen. "I am deeply sorry for any thing that might lead you astray on how I act. Forgive me I am drunk. I am usually not this easily angered." He nodded then had another glass of wine.

Flare's hands clenched into fists, and he started to retaliate, more than willing to shut this prick up once and for all...but at Void's words, he managed to hold himself back, if only barely. He wasn't quite drunk enough to turn especially violent; he'd only had a few sips of wine, after all. And besides, he knew that if he attacked now, he'd end up turning the whole party to ashes, and he tried to be a little smarter than that when it came to what he burned in fits of pyromaniac rage.

He took a slow, deep breath, his face tinged slightly red with restrained fury, and without another word or more than a glance in Imogen's direction, walked outside into the cool night air. He tore up a clump of grass from the ground, tossed it into the air, and incinerated it with ease, the act calming him down somewhat.

He walked out, he felt like shit for talking to Flare like that. "Hey man... Look I am drunk but I have dignity and respect still left. I am sorry for being" He hiccuped "An ass... Let bygones be bygones eh?" He raised out a hand. "I don't want to fight. So you don't get pissed at me I won't respond in the same way eh?"

Flare gave another sigh, lighter this time. Grudgingly, he shook Landon's hand, maybe a little more firmly than he'd meant to, and went back to tossing up random blades of grass and burning them. "It's cool," he said after a short moment of silence, visibly calmer than before. "Just back off from my catches, alright? Find your own girl to hit on."

His face turned red."I didn't 'hit' on her. I don't do that I saw she was yours first you could have her. I just stroke up a conversation."

Flare laughed a bit and looked up at Landon with an eyebrow raised. He was feeling more like his old self by the second. Or maybe it was just the wine loosening him up a bit. "That wasn't your idea of hitting on a chick? Haha, whatever, man. Go back inside and have some fun. I'll be back in soon."

She just walked back to her place, slowly her pupil becoming visible again and her cheeks blushing a soft pink. Glad that they had stopped it she rubbed the back of her head and arm. The impact from that pole was a bit harder than expected. Oh well, not that it mattered a lot. "My apologies miss.... " She said to Imogen with a slight bow of her head.

He smiled, then realized something. He ran back inside and grabbed Void's arm. The one she had blocked with. "Sorry about this but I need to see something..." He looked at her arm, Where she had blacked. A black filled in circle was there. And the veins were black. Slowly Landon pressed his thumb on the black circle and blew cloud air. The dar shrinker back into the circle and then the circle faded away. "Sorry about that. I didn't want you to get hurt...." He sighed with releif.

Her cheeks got a bit red and she just watched when the mark faded away. "I just don't want Flare to burn everything down.... But hey what was that actually? I mean the circle? Or rather who are you? " She shook her arm loose and rubbed over the spot once more. She hadn't noticed it until he actually pressed his thumb against it. An power like this was completely new to her.