Supernatural Group RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, there was only one mage there. If I didn't make that clear from the narration, that's my fault, so I'll clear it up now: that guy was just an ordinary cardinal from the Vatican. Anise was the only one there with any sort of magic. "Lord Bishop" denotes a bishop in the Church of England who sits in the House of Lords, so Hain was just a politician who, at best, was sort of high-ranking in a sect of the Church that as Mahou herself has stated, doesn't even have mages.

In other words, they weren't even leaders, they were just minor ambassadors who picked a bad place to hold a meeting. It would be sloppy form for me to introduce Black by having him kill six boss-tier enemies simultaneously, and offscreen no less.

Besides, I'm not convinced Black's the type who intends to get along with the other mages, especially since his abilities would hamper them as much as it would his enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, there was only one mage there. If I didn't make that clear from the narration, that's my fault, so I'll clear it up now: that guy was just an ordinary cardinal from the Vatican. Anise was the only one there with any sort of magic. "Lord Bishop" denotes a bishop in the Church of England who sits in the House of Lords, so Hain was just a politician who, at best, was sort of high-ranking in a sect of the Church that as Mahou herself has stated, doesn't even have mages.

In other words, they weren't even leaders, they were just minor ambassadors who picked a bad place to hold a meeting. It would be sloppy form for me to introduce Black by having him kill six boss-tier enemies simultaneously, and offscreen no less.

Besides, I'm not convinced Black's the type who intends to get along with the other mages, especially since his abilities would hamper them as much as it would his enemies.

Like I said before, even if you go lone wolf, you have the same goal as the other mages so even if you play solo, it will still spread my characters attention out.

My recommendation is not to create character NPCs of the church without counciling me and magic girl because we are affected the most by those characters. The exception if course would be Jimmy Joe low level priest or Mary Sue low level nun. But even then. Be careful because if you kill to many people, I will be forced to act as a warrior of the church

There, that guy is now an immortal (and pissed off) agent of the church.
I know this is extra work and I am perfectly willing to do so if you would delegate it down.
But we need the CSes for the NPCs.

I love character design though so I can start building characters for the church but I will need your permission and any guidances.

All I know is that I will need to coordinate with @Random to build some people who were involved with blacks creation.

If you have no guidance though magic girl, I will go and create the characters of my own image. (The face that black exist as a normal person who became a mage gives me ALOT of freedom and potential for lore lol)

Like I said before, even if you go lone wolf, you have the same goal as the other mages so even if you play solo, it will still spread my characters attention out.

My recommendation is not to create character NPCs of the church without counciling me and magic girl because we are affected the most by those characters. The exception if course would be Jimmy Joe low level priest or Mary Sue low level nun. But even then. Be careful because if you kill to many people, I will be forced to act as a warrior of the church

I don't think that's necessarily true. With Ameko and Black's dynamic, one of them will eventually end up on the side of the other, but in the meantime, having a lot of factions also spreads attention from everyone so the Church isn't being constantly wailed on.

What I did underestimate was quite how much we'll need to coordinate this stuff with each other. That's not a problem though, since it's perfectly doable.

So, I'd like to apologize for taking this long to post, I got super busy unexpectedly and wasn't able to get any solid work done. And I like to apologize even more, because I won't be able to post for the next couple days. I'm sorry for the short notice, but, like I said, very busy very unexpectedly. I hope this doesn't interfere with the RP too much

AND SO THE CYCLE BEGINS AGAIN.

It's chill Bass my dude don't worry about it

So, I'd like to apologize for taking this long to post, I got super busy unexpectedly and wasn't able to get any solid work done. And I like to apologize even more, because I won't be able to post for the next couple days. I'm sorry for the short notice, but, like I said, very busy very unexpectedly. I hope this doesn't interfere with the RP too much
Its fine, no characters have met up so it doesn't effect anyone... And we'll welcome you back when you're less busy.

Important facts Magic girl said

You will play as a human mage in a world full of magic beasts, spells and underground cults.
Most people do not know about mages and you will have to be discrete about your magic use to avoid the church hunting you down.

Your character will start out fairly weak and rather than level ups or some other system you will advance by finding mystical weapons, armor and catalysts.
Catalysts are used to learn new magical abilities while weapons and armor enhance your more physical abilities.

All mages can use a basic energy attack, barrier, and healing spell, as well as more unique powers.

Gameplay will be free roam, and you may even play as bad guy, I will introduce plot elements involving magical rituals, artifacts, or beasts, and perhaps even a chance to join the association.
Other than that, what you do is up to you, rob a bank, become a superhero, if you think your character could make it happen then do it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Major factions: The big players in this world are three groups who know of magic.
The church, an underground section of the catholic church who hunt down mages using other mages kidnapped at birth and raised to fight fanatically, every mage dreads the day they are discovered by the church.

The Masquerade, a group of mages who fight the church from the shadows, often performing hit and runs on their secret bases and attempting to bridge the glaring power gap between them with mystical objects.

Cult of Leviathan, a fanatical group that both the church and masquerade have fought before.
It is comprised of weak mages who happily die in droves to acquire artifacts that they deem significant.

Motleys: Motleys are small groups of mages who work together either constantly or occasionally, they usually form when multiple mages in one area discover a threat too great to ignore or treasure too heavily guarded.

Mirror Worlds: Though beasts do break into the real world all the time, the most reliable way to find them is by finding a mirror world.
Mirror world's are pocket dimensions similar to the real world but with random differences, such as being upside down, or having low gravity.

Beast Types:

Chimera: Nobody knows where the first chimera came from, though the church blames power hungry mages.
Chimera are deadly creatures that often look like warped bestial versions of their previous selves and are created when one chimera kills and devours the soul of a human.
When destroyed they tend to leave behind crystals useful in performing magic.

Champions: Ancient spirits of legendary warriors, they roam the mirror worlds seeking a challenge, when beaten they quite often leave behind a remnant of their power as a piece of armor or a weapon.

Demons: Coming in every size from imp to twelve foot tall beast, these hellish creatures seek to murder innocents and taint their souls, turning them into dark spirits that in turn attack more people.

Legends: Creatures so powerful that they don't fit in any class, it is best to avoid them at all costs, as a single mage would be annihilated with little effort.
Its probably easier just to make a character for me to check...
But I'll try and explain it.

Utilities are your non attack spells, some examples would be, a ball of floating light, summoning a costume, or even making your own personal rain cloud.

Minors are your attack spells, you will use these most often and should be something simple like an energy beam or magic missile.

Mediums are the heavy hitters, you can only uses these a few times in a battle or your character will get exhausted.
Think something like a magic missile storm or small earthquake.

Majors are your last resort, which you use when nothing else will work.
It stops you using magic for a while afterwards.
They would be something like trapping your enemy in a dome of fire or pulling a meteor from the sky.
Very very few people can use magic.

• Useful
Reactions: Mahou-Shoujo
The first event is now active.

It seems a lot of my statements are pretty unclear, so I'll get both Black and Eirina to sit this one out until I figure out a better way to handle this.

Neither would have much of a reason for taking it out anyway, so it's fine.

Nothing a little coordinating wont fix. You have a great idea. We just gotta fill in those holes left from the story just starting XD.

• Thank You
Reactions: Random
Wait, I just realised I'm making a huge assumption here, which, while not an immediate problem, is relevant. Am I wrong in thinking creatures from Mirror Realms are "made of magic"?

Hmm.... Partially... They are organic material that originated from magic.

Duly noted. I was just asking because if they weren't magical, just extradimensional, then Black wouldn't even be physically capable of getting involved with one without dying instantly, let alone fighting one.

He's still sitting out for this one, but it's just for future reference.

It would interesting to have everyone appear and fight the creature in a truce so we can get that awkward introduction phase out the way

Yeah... It would, and mages instinctively know where chimera are when they have recently created a mirror realm, not to mention how useful it is to kill them...

If I may, I intend to have Eirina show her face after the battle is finished and "welcome" everyone to the city in order to introduce her. I doubt she has much use for the crystal, so she won't be killstealing.

What your character does is up to you.

Reactions: Unyielding
Added some minor info to first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.