Supernatural/Creepypasta - The Hotel (i'm bad at names, come and check it out?)

• Thread starter morguethemetalpanda
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

morguethemetalpanda

Original poster
So basically I got this idea from listening to the song Hotel California by Eagles (which is fantastic, just for your information). I'll try my best to make it seem appealing. I'm not great at this stuff.

Your eyes flutter open to the candle-lit room. Buried beneath crumpled, paisley patterned bedsheets, you feel strangely at ease, oddly comfortable. 'Oh, another one of these fucking dreams,' you think as you swing your feet round and place them on the cold wooden floor. You'd been having these dreams for months, at least twice a week, and to be completely honest it was getting really bloody tedious. You stand up and make your way to the closet, turning the door knob slowly. Inside is your 'companion.' You have explored the nooks and crannies of this hotel together in your dreams, and if they were to stop, your companion would be the only thing you'd miss. In fact, you've developed quite the friendship.
"Ah, human," they say, vanishing and reappearing in the middle of the bedroom in a matter of seconds. They'd taken to calling you 'human' despite reminding them multiple times that you had a name.
"Another one of these dreams, huh?" You sigh.
"I wouldn't be so sure about that," they whisper.
"What do you mean?"
"I told you a long time ago that these dreams were leading up to something extravegant, something challenging and dangerous," he said. "This is it."
"I don't understand," you say, frowning.
"We're competing for my mortal body and your life," they explain. "I'm sorry I have to do this, I sure wish they had chosen someone not so kind for me to compete with. The truth is, I doubt you'll survive."
"Whaa-"

So basically, you are roleplaying as a human teenager or young adult, who has been chosen to compete in these games. You have been given a chance to explore the hotel and meet your companion in your dreams, but in a state similar to a coma, this is the real thing. There are a variety of other people just like you with their own supernatural companions, and your aim is to kill them. The dead bodies get fed to the werewolves and zombies, or left to rot to create a lovely atmosphere. The halls are also roamed by wanderers who are supernatural creatures waiting for their chance to compete.

So why are the companions competing? Lucifer gives them this chance. He claims that if they are the last remaining pair, the human will be woken up from their coma, and the supernatural creature will be returned to their mortal body, their state before they went insane, have their soul freed, etcetera. In reality, he watches it all as a kind of entertainment. Both of the parties in the pair must be alive for them to be released, and even then their release depends on what kind of mood he is in.

-Supernatural characters can be anything - shape shifters, creepypasta characters, traditional fantasy creatures, it doesn't really matter. They can also be anything from extremely powerful to no powers at all (such as a spirit, who can really only cause mischief, not kill things). For the sake of interaction, try to make your characters humanoid and able to communicate to some extent (it doesn't even have to be verbal).

Tell me what you think. I know it's not perfect and needs some work, but I think it's quite a fun idea. (:

[BCOLOR=#000000]WOW that is a really cool concept i would love to rp that... if you have me[/BCOLOR]

Ah, thank you. I'd love to have you. Now if only other people found it as interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.