Superheroes, anyone? (See Inside for Details)

Also, any ideas for what we should call this RP?

Well I'm just going by what you posted in the first post:
Alright, so I want to try out something with superheroes. I'm thinking we would play primarily original characters (or the descendants of superheroes/villains), but I can be convinced to let some characters come into play (either reimagined or rebooted).
Which implies an either OC's or descendants.
But if you prefer to stick with descendants that's perfectly alright, though I don't think I can reform her into a descendant of anyone in particular (and still have it make sense)

Aaaaand that's me being forgetful :3

Yeah she's cool, it just happened to be that there was a lot of descendants so that kind of turned into an accidental thing. It is the next generation though so it makes sense to have some original heroes popping up.

Reactions: Ravenbelle
Yeah, that's true.

Also, since we're mixing DC and Marvel, do we want to make the central area NYC with the JLA as our big hero team, Gotham City as the central area and the Avengers as the hero team, or another alternative I didn't list?

Yea that sounds good, but Um I don't know if Avengers should be relevant anymore. They'd all be kinda old right? Haha

Well, you could always just have your own city with your own group name. Some might be descendants, but that doesn't mean you have to be limited to what has been previously established by the original series, right?

True, I'm just trying to determine what we want to go with. Have the supers been gone for so long that the Avengers/JLA have been completely disbanded and cities like Gotham have been dissolved of all crime, or what's the idea we want to go with?

We can do an original city, but it'll all depend on how things proceed from here.

An alternative is that the superpowered teams have 'branched out' to other countries. Canada, Australia, ... (Preferably English speaking since we here all will be writing English XD)

Hm, I don't know- we could go two ways with this

1. We could have the JLA/Avengers still relevant and running, but the original members have left and there's new members there now. The descendants and a few original characters are the ones running both groups now. There could even be appearances from the former members from time to time?

2. Create a new group entirely and have them form ranks from there?​

I'm thinking at the start we're not in the group just yet (or very few of us are), and the new leading members recruit everyone else.

But as for it being a new group/old group, we can put it to a vote.

It does sound like a good idea to have someone else recruiting the rest of the supers to the group.​

Reactions: WanderingWriter
I like the idea of them be recruited. Like the city or wherever has been plagued by crime and either a few superheroes or just one even has had enough and decides to try to put together a group. Or perhaps something like they were all individually fighting crime, crossing paths once in a while, and that's where the idea of coming together could come from.

My idea stems from the idea that the descendants/supers are trying to live regular lives and not simply dedicating themselves to saving everyone all the time.

Reactions: sleepingxdragon
As an extension to that: Perhaps there is an overarching group (like SHIELD was) that has kept an eye out for them, and is the one that contacts them to join.

Reactions: WanderingWriter
I like the idea of them be recruited. Like the city or wherever has been plagued by crime and either a few superheroes or just one even has had enough and decides to try to put together a group. Or perhaps something like they were all individually fighting crime, crossing paths once in a while, and that's where the idea of coming together could come from.

My idea stems from the idea that the descendants/supers are trying to live regular lives and not simply dedicating themselves to saving everyone all the time.

Oooh! The normal lives thing could be fun, especially with some of the characters we have down already.

As an extension to that: Perhaps there is an overarching group (like SHIELD was) that has kept an eye out for them, and is the one that contacts them to join.

I like that idea, I was gonna have Batman reunite the supers but SHIELD/a SHIELD-esque group works better for me ^^

Reactions: Ravenbelle
You could also make it an optional thing in the character sheet. Whether or not they are already part of the team, or if they are on their own (and soon to be recruited)

I think it might be a bit difficult to have something in the sheet about the team thing, otherwise we'd have to go out and find new people/introduce them into the established team once the RP is started. But it's not a bad idea, I'll think about it when I'm making the character sheet.

Makes sense I guess. Having people join in with an already established group can cause friction.

Perhaps some are a part of the overarching organization, but not part of a specific team? Like how Blackwidow and Hawkeye both worked for SHIELD prior to being in the Avengers' team. (Not overly familiar with DC comics to see if there is a comparison there)
Could be a simple point in the sheet like: 'Job:'
That way if they are part of the overarching organization they can list the organization, and if they are on their own they can have whatever job that befits that character?

Now that could definitely work! Especially for characters like Black Widow just as you mentioned. I'll be sure to include that and a list of organizations within the realm of the RP.

Cool!
(Could definitely picture my character (Emma) in an organization to give her some form of combat training and extensive arsenal prior to the start of the RP)