Super Troopers: Life in the Empire (OoC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

320px-StarWarsOpeningLogo.svg.png

Episode 4 1/2

"Super Troopers"

large.gif

Success! After years of perilous combat against the Empire, the Rebel alliance has managed to successfully destroy the Death Star! During a daring rescue, four Rebel agents and their droids boarded the battle station and rescued Princess Leia Organa from her cell. Overpowering the Stormtroopers in their path, the group managed to escape unharmed, except for the older male who was killed by Darth Vader.

Less then a day after the rescue, the Death Star's scanners picked up several Rebel ships headed towards the battle station. In response, Darth Vader sent out ships to apprehend the Rebel scum and thwart their efforts to exploit an unforeseen weakness in the Death Star's design. But while most of the Stormtroopers were ordered to take up a TIE Fighter of man the turret systems, nobody was authorized to leave the Death Star.

starwars-escapepod2.gif

But by sheer accident, a small group of Stormtroopers wind up launching themselves out of an escape pod prior to the Battle of Yavin. Believing they are going to die, the Stormtroopers try desperately to get into contact with the Death Star, only to witness the massive explosion that sent them spiralling out of control. For a few days the pod floated through space until finally it landed on (planet still being debated). Luckily for the Stormtroopers they had enough provisions aboard the Pod to keep them alive for about a week if they rationed, but had they been stranded for another day their oxygen supply would have run out.

giphy.gif

But what's next for these 'brave' Imperial soldiers? Do they return to the Empire, or try to start over in a world that believes they're now dead? Or, perhaps they try to locate the Rebels who destroyed the battle station, believing that if they bring those Rebels to justice single-handedly, the reward would be substantial enough for them to retire to the Naboo countryside?

Only time will tell...

-------

Rules:

1. No GMing. We don't want any Mary-Sues or Gary-Sues

2. Maximum of 2 Active Characters per person. Any more needs approval by a GM

3. Characters can and WILL die, but please ASK somebody before you attempt to kill their character rather then just say "Your guy is dead."

4. Keep it PG-13!! Romance and Lovey-Dovey stuff is fine, as well as the occasional innuendo, but take smut scenes to PM, please. Also, violence is allowed, but please don't rip out a guys entrails and hold them above his head while he slowly dies. We're not monsters (but some of us are :3)

6. Each member of the RP will eventually become a member of our little 'Super Troopers' team (especially if you're not a Stormtrooper).

6. You just realized there is no 5 and went back to check. But since I've got you here, you may as well

7. None of us will be definitive 'Jedi', but we may eventually come across artifacts such as Lightsabers or Holocrons along the way. Also, we don't know how to use the Force (but we have the option to be Force Sensitive if we decide to be).

8. Post at least two paragraphs each time (more is fantastic though). I get how writers block can be, and trust me, nobody is safe from it.

9. GM posts will be announced (these include plot movers or even the death/introduction of a new character)

10. If you've read through all of this, then in the 'Other' section of your character sheet, include one of your favourite Star Wars quotes.

11. Please make PvP combat fair. It really sucks when somebody unleashes their ultimate power and freezes the other person's foot to the floor, then proceed to just punch the crap out of their immobile opponent. In addition, GM moves will NOT be allowed inside PvP combat unless approved/announced in a GM event.

12. Enjoy the RP to the best of your ability!!

-------

Character Sheet

Appearance: (Real Images for the Faceclaim would be preferred, but we can roll with drawn ones if you really need it for an alien species or a droid. Also, include an image of your Stormtrooper outfit)

Name: (Self Explanatory. First and Last, middle is optional)

Designation Number: (Two Letters, 3 Numbers. You can use this for reference on the Letters. Ex. TK-421)

Height:

Weight:

Species: (Human, Twi'lek, Rodian, Droid, etcetera)

Rank: (What was their position while enlisted in the Imperial Army. If they weren't part of the Empire, let us know where their allegiances lie)

Bio: (Not much, just about two-three paragraphs worth. Perhaps tell us how you came to join the Imperial army, or just give us an explanation of your characters life)

Weapons: (Blasters pistols, blaster rifles, melee weapons, etcetera. No lightsabers to start with. Maximum of 2)

Other: (Any additional information you might want to share. Maybe your character was secretly feeding information to the Rebel Alliance, or perhaps they never passed the entrance exams to the Imperial Academy)

-------

My Character Sheet

image.jpg
image.jpg

Name:

Maar Adrian Zhet

"Just call me Maar. If you call me anything else, I will literately shoot you."

Designation Number:

TK-947

"Never really understood the number thing. I kind of skipped that orientation day..."

"That's kind of a personal question. What is this, my application to the academy?"

Male

"I guess we look the same with the helmets on, but come on; I don't even sound like a woman."

Height:

5'4"

"If you say I'm 'a little short for a Stormtrooper', I swear I will literally shoot you. Again."

Weight:

120lbs

"I might be skinny, but I can assure you it's all muscle. Gotta stay in shape, right?"

Species:

Human

"Kind of obvious once the helmet's off."

Private, 1st Class Stormtrooper. (Standard Rank)

"I used to be a Sandtrooper, but when I got promoted to serve on the Death Star, they gave me a new title and everything. Still kept the armour though. That thing is actually pretty good at handling most environments, despite 'sand' being in the title."

Bio:

Maar was born and raised on a small moisture vaporizer farm on Tatooine. He had a modestly sized family and enjoyed a pretty average life. Nothing super interesting happened to him growing up... Not that he could remember, at least. Maar has a rather vague recollection of his earliest memories, but he blames the extreme physical training of the Imperial Stormtroopers for his semi-amnesia.

"Seriously; who makes a door way that low? I kept hitting my head on that stupid thing!"

Maar enlisted in the Empire when he turned 16 and began training the following year. He was the 3rd best in his class and managed to get through basic training before he was sent back to Tatooine to work as a Sandtrooper. There, he worked in a Patrol unit monitoring and dealing with every-day disturbances on the desert planet. One time he was even featured on an episode of 'TROOPS', where he and his squad leader TK-745 dealt with a group of rowdy smugglers stirring up trouble at Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina.

"I arrested a guy! It was awesome!"

After two years on Tatooine, Maar was selected by his superior officers to join the ever-growing Stormtrooper units on the Death Star. There, he got a job working at Detention Block AA-23 and managed to garner himself a modest living. Of course he knew some of the stuff the Empire was doing was absolutely insane, but the pay was good and he got full benefits so Maar could really care less. Of course, that was until they decided to blow up Alderaan. That's when Maar began to really rethink his job selection.

"That about brings us up to date... Are we done yet?"

While he's normally a calm and reasonable guy, he also has a bit of a temper and can blow up on people when he is irritated or annoyed beyond belief. Maar also has a natural snarky attitude when dealing with stressful situations, which typically gets him into trouble. However, he's still a (mostly) humble guy and genuinely cares for his friends and squad-mates. He just has a very particular way of showing it.

Weapons:

• E-11 Blaster Rifle

latest

"The basic weapon of the Empire. It's pretty good, has some decent power and the firing rate isn't too bad... Sucks that half the troops still don't know how to fire it properly."

• T-21 heavy blaster

latest

"My blaster-shotgun. It's amazing. They gave this to me on Tatooine back when I was a Sandtrooper. I gotta tell you; this thing gets amazing coverage at short range. Just gotta work on the knock-back. Stupid skinny body."

Other:

While Matthew has never actually supported the Rebel alliance's crusade, he's also not a fan of the Empire and on one occasion while in a meeting with Darth Vader (in which he watched the Sith Lord strangle one of his superiors), Matthew realized just how screwed up his job actually was.

While he does suffer from acute memory loss, Maar has noticed he has a capacity for performing minor, but strange, feats. He has no idea that he's actually Force Sensitive. While he's not a follower of the Jedi or Sith religion, Maar doesn't deny the fact that the Force is very real. He just doesn't get caught up in the politics of 'Good vs Evil' when it comes to the abstract idea of ultimate power through what is essentially 'space wizardry'.

Maar is also quite the pilot and takes pride in his skill with technology (fixing up droids, hacking computer terminals, etcetera). He can fly nearly anything and thanks to his training at the Imperial Academy, Maar can adapt to a variety of different situations (survival situations, combat situations) rather quickly.

"You've never heard of the Millenium Falcon? It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any problem, with on personal apperance, if I use a drawing? Mostly offical art book style ones, not planning to use, just an example.

Imperial_Commander.jpg

Using real images is just an irk of mine.

Yeah it's cool, just so long as it looks realistic like that image. No anime/straight cartoon images or stuff like that.

Appearance:

star-wars-warfare-female-troopers.jpg

Blonde On bottom.

star%25252520wars%25252520stormtroopers%252525201024x768%25252520wallpaper_www_wallpaperhi_com_73.jpg

(Armour when dirty/camo'd)

"Rather have a nice set of Mandalorian Steel."

Name: Tara'ad Vhett

"Vhett...or Fett as you say it, means farmer, aruetii.."

Designation Number: TBR-5137 (Three letters but it is a code used by Scout troopers.)

"Yeah, means I snipe people and drive bikes. Just like a proper Mandalorian."

Height: 5'5

Weight: 130lbs

"Copaani mirshmure'cye, vod?"

Species: Human

"Thats Mandalorian to you.."

Bio: Tara'ad, or Tara for short hails from the Planet Concord Dawn, Mandalore System. Tara was born to a more traditionalist Mandalorian Family on the largely improvished and Agriculture World. Not that most Mandalorian Worlds didn't fall into being this with spatterings of industries, mostly aimed at building weaponry of various types.

There she was born among eleven other siblings, spending most of her life under the gaze of Imperial Rule, the Empire barely treated the Mandalorians better than salves unless they were willing to co-operate with the Empire. Mandalore of note had a good portion of its population enslaved, and the subsector planets were rife with rebelion or support.

Her Family opted for appeasement, while all Mandalorians were trained and raised as Warriors, the days Mandalore could tear into the Core and blast apart Coruscant were long over. Sending Tara to the Academy at the Age of 17 she has no love for the Empire, but her aptidtude...and attidtude made her a prime canidate for the Scout Trooper Corps.

Tara has a rather unfavorable view of the Empire, but a Paragmatic one, she'll do a job as long as shes being paid, and money is being sent back to help feed her siblings and keep the farm up. Like most Mandalorians and Scout troopers shes a bit of a hothead and a handful. But she normally means well. Her service record has more than a few skirmishes with Rebelion forces, including a few punative raids, where she mostly did scouting, recon, or sniper support. Being highly skilled if a little rought around the edges, she served aboard the First Death Star mostly running messages with her speeder, untill the station went up in smoke that is, and she found herself in an escape pod.

The Destruction of Alderaan seems to have dis-illusioned her view of the Empire, not that it was that positive to start with.

(Note I'm going off the EU Mandalore, not this clonewars peaceful dictatorship crap)

Weapons:
E-11 Sniper Rifle, Seen in Image.

Scout Blaster, small iconic scout trooper blaster pistol.

Other:

Tara is very proud of her heritage, and easily annoyed by those in some circles that assciate the name with notorious Bounty Hunter Boba Fett, unaware of the difference, albeit slight in pronuciation, or the fact its a rather common mandlorian clan name that dates back to the Old Republic. She is also dependable in a fight, and rather strong, though her Personality is said to be typical of her people.

Short of these basic facts she knows how to cook reasonablly well, and knows a bit about foraging and in regards to growing various food goods found across Imperial Space.

"Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la." - Not gone, merely marching far away

~Mandalorian, later Clone Trooper, and original Storm Troopers, tribute to fallen comrades.​

Last edited:
Appearance:
latest

Name: Marius Fatuus Viicton

Designation Number: N/A

Height: 5'10''

Weight: 185 lbs.

Bio: Marius was born into aristocracy, but, finding himself unfit for the life of intrigue and backstabbing, he escaped by joining the Imperial Academy, securing officer status by the skin of his teeth (and mostly his political connections, which he wasn't afraid to use to avoid them). His family was generally displeased with his decision, but believed it would be a political boon to have a high ranking Imperial Officer in the family. Marius wanted nothing to do with that, and endeavored to keep his career as mediocre as possible.

Unfortunately, the defining trait of all Imperial Officers was ambition, so in order to avoid getting sucked into the 'game' he had spent his life avoiding, Marius requested a transfer to a remote outpost on the Outer Rim. He spent several years on the frontier world, running his troops with minimal discipline and lax restrictions. Unfortunately, his peaceful obscurity was broken by a Rebel raid. His forces were almost overrun, but Marius managed to rally his forces and drive them off, earning himself a commendation and, to him, more credit than he deserved. He was offered a position on the Death Star, and Marius was in no position to argue, so he reluctantly accepted it.

Weapons: DH-17 Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonator

Other: He despises the nickname he he 'earned' in the Academy: Fat Mari. “Friggin' stupid nickname, and it makes no sense either....”

He is generally apathetic towards the Empire and it's views. “Why bother going against the order of things when you can go with it? It's a lot easier.”

For someone who prefers to avoid work or battle, he has a well thought out reason for joining the Imperial Military. “Imperial Officers get the best food, best bunks, and plenty of people to order around. So what if you get shot at occasionally? It's better than worrying about assassination, and I get plenty of people shooting back.”

"I find you lack of faith disturbing."

Appearance:
Original Appearance
[spoili]
[/spoili]

Stormtrooper Armor without White Sergeant Pauldron

Stormtrooper Armor with White Sergeant Pauldron

Name: Nira Ardinn

Designation Number: TK-009

Height: 5'8

Weight: 150 lbs.

Rank: Imperial Stormtrooper, 176th Infantry Battalion, Sergeant

Bio: Nira, born aboard ship with her mother and father, she spent most of her childhood learning the trade of persuasion, economy, and at some point, smuggling. Raised in a ship, she saw most of the galaxy when she was growing into a young adult. Eventually, she left in search of adventure, and found herself in front of an Imperial Recruiting Office. Offering a chance to actually set foot on the planets she saw outside the viewfinder of a frigate, and fight alongside the men and women of the Empire. She signed up as an Imperial Stormtrooper, and eventually was posted at a quiet urban desert planet. She, and the rest of her company was infamous for being sent into a post without any Academy training, just sent to a planet with instructions and a few commanding officers to serve as the garrison.

She never really saw any action thus far, up until an entire force of Rebels invaded the planet she was stationed on, due to a rebellious Moff Kalast letting them in, and leading them. This led to the Battle of Fondor, and she and a few small-rank Stormtroopers rallied the troops after their NCOs and COs were killed in action in the swift action it took for Moff Kalast to invade the main bases, and showed her leadership skills after she managed to ambush a vast majority of the rear guard of the Rebel forces. With her and a few other Stormtrooper Corporals, they managed to drive back the 'rebel scum' with efficiency and guerrilla tactics, and held out up until Lord Vader's own forces arrived and cleared out the remaining Rebellion. Ultimately, this led her to be assigned to the Death Star and commended for her bravery in the line of duty.

Weapons:
DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle

DH-17 Blaster Pistol

Other: She is usually called 'Niner' by her fellow officers. Some troops highly respect her due to her courage in that battle. But, nowadays, she usually loses her nerve, as people expect much from her -- while she can't deliver all the time.

With her treatment of the men under her, they're usually treated fairly, and justly. She instills a bit of discipline, but also enjoys the celebrating if deemed necessary to the morale of the troops. She fervently believes that the men should all be united, and that they should trust each other so they make work effectively as a unit.

She dislikes some of the commissioned officers, as well as the high ranks of the Imperial Army. She believes that they usually care about their own gain, and not the benefit of those under their command.

For her slight fame within the ranks, she breaks rather easily under pressure. She only merely masks it rather heavily with her natural ability to 'charm' other people. She hasn't broken down, yet -- but she might, if pushed around too far, or despair seems to be close, but when around others, she seems to force herself to gather the willpower to face danger head on, and be a beacon of morale for the men serving under her.

She has immense strength, and it shows with her choice of weapon. She can lug around the DLT-19 as if it was a mere assault rifle, and fire it while standing with impressive aim. However, she's not one for agility. But what she makes up with her weaknesses is her fortitude in the face of danger. Another weakness of hers is that if she reaches her breaking point, she may find herself in a difficult, frenzied, and desperate state of mind.

"Are you an angel? Aw, I'm just kidding. That's the worst line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it."
-Atton Rand

Last edited:
Alright, the characters so far are looking pretty good ^^

Appearance:
RSTE64_3fbbfe54_14_1.png
Hawkeye_Pierce_3047.jpg

Name: Ty Erollisi

Designation Number: TK-115

Height: 5’10

Weight: 150

Bio: Ty, before the joining the Empire, was a nurse on his home planet. When the Empire invaded, they "highly" encouraged him to join as a medic stating he wouldn't even see any fighting. Well that was true, for the first year. The worst injury he saw was a paper cut. But from there he was shipped to the front line in the Outer Rim. There, Ty witnessed hell on earth. Dead -Imperial, Rebel and civilian- strewed everywhere, injured screaming for help, and chaos everywhere.

It scared him. Ty wanted out soon after. He didn't care who won Rebel or Empire because he didn't want to see death anymore, not on that scale. He requested transfer to any non combative area, which happened to be an experimental base, the Death Star.

Weapons: Blas-Tech Standard Stun-gun (used to stop runaway patients or even to get out of trouble. Think of it as a space taser)

Other: "I've got a bad feeling about this."

Character Sheet

Appearance: Has a scar on his right eye and cheek along with a burn that covers half of his left cheek.
latest

Trooper:
cartoons%20star%20wars%20digital%20art%20storm%20trooper%201600x1200%20wallpaper_www.wallpaperhi.com_14.jpg

Name: Cease Quauka

"ST-111 or one-eleven if you'd like."

Designation Number: ST-111

"If not for my childhood I'd think I was born ST-111 haha."

"Hard to believe it's been almost a decade. Time sure flies when you're busy."

"I remember when they first allowed women, the voices sure were different."

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 160lbs

"I never felt embarrassed about being human until I joined the stormtroopers."

"I still feel weird without my heavy shock armor."

Bio: Graduating from Corulag Imperial Military Academy at the age of 21, ST-111 was among the first batch of non-clone stormtroopers to be trained after their induction to the Stormtrooper Corps in 9 BBY. Enduring the grueling two years of training that was custom of the profession, ST-111 joined the ranks of Shock Troopers. Largely clones at the time it was difficult to work together, partially due to Corulag being the lowest prestige academy. However, with time and through guts and loyalty the clones and subsequent new human recruits came to liken ST-111 for his commitment to duty and New Order ideology.

"It's pretty simple being a stormtrooper. You do what's asked of you or die trying."

Serving for 6 years ST-111 soon joined the Imperial Marines. A specialized branch of the Imperial Stormtrooper Corps that were primarily stationed on naval warships and Star Destroyers. They were used by the Empire to defend capital ships and to sabotage or capture Rebel capital ships after being ferried over to them during a space battle. Favoring explosives to breach enemy vessels, they were generally the first wave boarding party on captured starships. As such ST-111 served on multiple Star Destroyers during his service, including one apart of the Battle of Turkana.

Being known for his fearlessness and tenacity when ordered with completing an objective, the Battle of Turkana was no different and ST-111 distinguished himself from his fellow troopers, so much so that the fate of his Star Destoryer is partially credited to his service. In the aftermath of the Battle of Turkana ST-111 was stationed aboard the Death Star.

Weapons:

MiniMag PTL - 7 missles
zooka.jpg

Thermal Detonator - 4

Other: Rumor has it that ST-111 volunteered to fight under the 501st Legion after the Death Star Uprising in order to help retrieve the stolen plans of the Death Star. Accompanying it and fighting in the Raid on Polis Massa he helped to clear the asteroid base, surviving only by the merit of the 501st. Participating in the First Battle of Tatooine ST-111 was apart of the boarding party assigned to capturing the Tantive IV. Injured by a grenade he didn't join the units searching and fighting on the surface of Tatooine and instead returned to the Death Star upon recovery.

While not one to boast ST-111 claims it's all true, by evident of his scars, but hardly anyone believes it to be so and thinks it's simply fiction. With no one to verify the story or events it remains just that, fiction.

“WAGRRRRWWGAHHHHWWWRRGGAWWWWWWRR.”

Last edited:
Well mines done I think.

I see a few people haven't read the rules yet~ :3

Character Sheet

Appearance:
o4elersv6xfx3daoretc.jpg

Name: Wrench(Bounty Hunter Name), Oslelan Atuum(Real Name)

Designation Number: P-2074

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 120lbs

Bio:

Hailing from the Jakku system, Wrench had the unfortunate fate of being born and raised on the planet Jakku. A remote desert planet in the western reaches of the galaxy regarded as worthless. Living up to its reputation there wasn't much to the planet besides the small settlements and outposts scattered on its surface. Growing up in this isolated world Wrench grew to foster a deep desire for freedom and adventure. Working any and all odd jobs to get enough to leave the planet he considered a shithole, he mixed in with some of the wrong types to the concern of his parents.

These being individuals who came to Jakku in hopes of evading their pasts or organizations after them for either debt, murder, or other crimes like smuggling and slave trading. Given time and enough jobs Wrench finally left his home planet and left it behind, only to return on occasions where it was unavoidable. Living a life of wandering and crime he got experience in about every illegal act. Arson, assassination, prison escape, smuggling, illegal trade, theft, and terrorism being the most common.

After one too many times of being captured Wrench got fed up and changed his identity. Earning the name "Wrench" he used his experience and knowledge of the criminal world to catch others in the act. Becoming a bounty hunter for awhile he always managed to get in the way of criminals when they least expected it. In between bounties he lended his skills as a mercenary for a few select groups and small skirmishes. One of which ended up with him being captured and his identity revealed, adding to the already long list of his crimes, those committed under the alias "Wrench".

Thought to have been linked with the Rebel Alliance he was tortured and interrogated during his stay on the Death Star until he stowed away in an escape pod.

Weapons: Before being captured he had a custom Defender Blaster Pistol and Scimitar Vibroblade with Cortosis-weave.

Other:

Wrench from his work has extensive knowledge of the underworld of the galaxy. From the large organizations to how to purchase illegal items he knows who to see and what to do to get what he needs. From his days working as a bounty hunter and mercenary he's a decent shot with a blaster pistol and a formiddable combatant with a sword. Having faced a lightsaber on more than a few occasions one being a Jedi in training he knows a thing or two about lightsaber combat, but only enough to hold his own before finding an escape route.

From his days as smuggler, trader, and assassin he's skilled at infiltration. He can hide and endure long periods of discomfort in order to travel undetected. Dismantle and rewire control systems for doors or cockpits as well as pilot an array of commercial craft. From his days as a terrorist he knows a thing or two about making makeshift weapons such as explosives.

"Uuuuuuuuuur Ahhhhrrrrrr Uhrrrr Ahhhhrrrrrr Aaaarhg..."

Last edited:
Alright well it seems like everyone's almost done (minus a few exceptions for people who forgot to add what I requested they add so I know they read the rules :3), so I'll start working on the IC for this week.

Do we want to start during the crash, after the crash, or perhaps before the crash?

I'm for starting before the crash. This can either be from orbit or even on the Death Star.

Either is fine.

Jeez... I really need to finish my CS soon... Get that by tomorrow. Sorry...

I prefer a short few posts from the Death Star, and then onward to the crash itself.

Alright, then I shall start the IC on the Death Star!

Apologies for the lack of activity, posting today ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.