Super simple bbcode question

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Folksy

Original poster
I'm still figuring out the code here on iwaku, I've not made any Rp-related threads, and I was wondering how to do the link buttons and sticky first post like there is on those example rp ooc/signups/ic/etc. I'm sure everyone else knows how to do it XD

To make a link to a thread post, you first have to go to the timestamp on the person's post (the thingy that says '20 minutes ago' or 'august 15' etc). This is where the url for that specific post is. Copy and paste that url and then to make a link of it, either click the icon that looks like a chain in your tool menu -or- type out (url=title) paste link here (/url) but with [square brackets] instead of parenthesis. Where it says 'title' you can put the name of the character you are linking to, or whatever else.

I dont know how to make a sticky first post after you've already created the thread, but it could sill be possible. When you are first creating the thread, when you scroll down a but you will see a box marked 'sticky post'. Click that and the first post of the thread will show up at the top of every thread page.

I hope I was able to explain that clearly enough, if not please let me know and I will elaborate.

• Useful
Reactions: Folksy
To make a link to a thread post, you first have to go to the timestamp on the person's post (the thingy that says '20 minutes ago' or 'august 15' etc). This is where the url for that specific post is. Copy and paste that url and then to make a link of it, either click the icon that looks like a chain in your tool menu -or- type out (url=title) paste link here (/url) but with [square brackets] instead of parenthesis. Where it says 'title' you can put the name of the character you are linking to, or whatever else.

I dont know how to make a sticky first post after you've already created the thread, but it could sill be possible. When you are first creating the thread, when you scroll down a but you will see a box marked 'sticky post'. Click that and the first post of the thread will show up at the top of every thread page.

I hope I was able to explain that clearly enough, if not please let me know and I will elaborate.
Makes sense to me! Thanks so much, this is very helpful!

Reactions: Indabayou
Status
Not open for further replies.