Super Secondary Schoolers

• Thread starter Six Million Dollar Man
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For what I have in mind, probably either a cyborg type with a variety of high-tech equipment, or someone who is a biotech experiment and whose powers are primarily healing and adaptability, but could lean a little toward the horrific in terms of appearance.

I'll get to work on something.

And here we go:
Name: Angel Ashcroft
Species: Android
Appearance:

robot girl 2 small.jpg

Angel has straight blonde hair down to around chin length at the longest, and bright electric blue eyes. Her body is, for the most part, clearly artificial, with visible doll-like joints at the shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, and ankles. She always appears to be wearing a skintight bodysuit and thigh-length socks, but the simple truth is that her body's outer covering is patterned that way, only having a skin-like coloration in some places. She usually wears a black ribbon in her hair, and is fond of outfits with long sleeves and skirts to better conceal her joints. Her superhero costume consists of additional armor and equipment worn over her base body.

History:
Angel is a combat android created by the government in response to the growing number of superhuman criminals. The purpose of the project which created her was to produce a reliable, modular machine capable of enforcing the law and engaging super powered foes with greater effectiveness than the typical military. She represents some of the greatest advances in robotics and weapons technology developed in the past several years. She also has the appearance and base personality of her project lead's late daughter.

Angel was first activated a year ago, and has undergone a rigorous program of tests of her hardware and programming, training, and education. She has been sent to the school as a way to further her education, with a notable hope that she will acquire a greater sens of human empathy and understanding of human behavior. Her government sponsors also feel she may be useful as a mole, and have instructed her to keep tabs on the other students and report her observations periodically.

Items: A flight pack, additional armoring, a specially-made energy weapon, a repair kit and spare parts.

Powers:
As a machine, Angel does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe. Poisons and other agents that affect living things will also obviously have no effect on her. Her construction renders her much stronger and tougher than a person would be. She can rapidly process information and has near-perfect memory. She's skilled in mechanical repairs and hacking computers. rather than own a smartphone, she has a similar communications system and wireless internet access built in.

Weaknesses:
Angel does not heal injury naturally, and must instead be repaired. She can do this herself, if she's in any condition to do so, or at least try to walk someone else through it. EMPs can do anything from briefly stun her to completely incapacitate her for some time, depending on the overall strength of the pulse. Similarly, electrical attacks can also more easily damage her more delicate components. She can be hacked or reprogrammed.

Last edited:
Name:
Cordelia "Corrie" Bennet
Species:
Human
Appearance:
(I'll draw her later, but for now have some words :] )
Corrie has an almost childlike figure, standing at only about 5'3' and weighing in at around 90 lbs, both of which she absolutely hates. She has long, curly blonde hair threaded through with caramel lowlights that reaches her lower back and pale, freckled skin. Her features are small, her face rounded and her cheeks dimpled.
History:
Corrie's father was... an eccentric, you could say. He was what one would consider a mad scientist, though he was actually quite the genius. Before Corrie's mother knew she was pregnant with her, her father came up with a genetic manipulation that he believed would give them both superpowers. It worked on him, but not on her mother. What neither knew was that it also worked on their unborn child.
When Corrie was a year old, her mother died of pneumonia and her father, unable to care for her well, gave her up for adoption. She was adopted by a kind, if slightly scatterbrained professor who raised her normally.

But she was a quiet child, and had trouble making friends. This caused her to become very close to her adoptive father, more so than most children are with their parents. Then, when she was ten years old, he got sick. He was hospitalized, and she was staying with a neighbor. The disease wasn't contagious, but it also wasn't curable. So when she visited him in the hospital what she was sure would be her last time seeing him, she hugged him tightly. The next person to touch her, to try to pull her away, was their neighbor. She contracted the noncontagious disease on the spot, and her father recovered miraculously.

Young Corrie, convinced it was her fault, told her father this. He had an old friend who was a retired superhero, and of course believed his daughter. The retired superhero told them of a school where she could learn to control herself, and she's been there since.
Items:
She wears her adoptive father's reading glasses because they remind her of home, but that's not important :p
Powers/Skills:
Corrie has the power to transfer pain from one person to another. This means any sickness, wound, broken limb- anything. When she first did it she had to be touching both people, but now so long that she has touched the sick person, she can transfer their ailment to another at a later date with concentration.
Weaknesses:
She hates it, and refuses in most situations to use her power. However, when experiencing an emotion she has trouble controlling, it sometimes slips. If she hates someone with an absolute passion in one moment, she may accidentally inflict someone else's pain. Likewise, if she feels intense love for someone, she may take away their pain and inflict it upon another person, or herself.
Extra:
Her biological father is definitely a bad guy, just putting that out there.

How's that? :]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, if you're wary of it, I can change it! I'll go edit her now ^^

EDIT; Is that better? :) Still a kinda powerful power, but not one she would use on the other students :]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get into the IC thread soon, then. Probably just showing up in front of the place with a lot of luggage. I have some art I can toss up of Angel, and as soon as I stop being a stupid newbie and figure out some good hosting for it, I'll edit it into the profile.

Will post character sheets tomorrow. Was gone for all of spring break, and (sorry about this) I completely forgot about this RP.

Name: Jewel Thorton (A.K.A. Disaster Zone)
Species: Human
Appearance: Raggedy in a word. Because of Jewel's powers her clothes are always torn and crumpled on the verge of falling off. She wears a pair of faded, hole-riddled jeans, tied to her waist with a bit of frayed rope. The zipper on her hoodie is broken and just sits on her shoulders. The simple t-shirt she has on is torn at the collar. Her brown-blonde hair is always frizzed and unmanaged and her grey eyes are wide and fearful. She looks like an absolute mess.
History: Jewel doesn't really know when her powers became active, all she knows is that they soon became her greatest curse. Objects would break around her, and that frightened her, prompting even more things to break. Her parents were terrified of her, and she couldn't blame them. One night, she awoke after a powerful nightmare to find the house crumbling to pieces around her. Jewel never really knew what happened to her parents, but she assumed the disaster killed them, since then she's been running and living off the streets. That was seven years ago.
Items: Nothing but the clothes on her back.
Powers/Skills: Destructo-kinetic - Everything she touches breaks. Metal, wood, concrete, human beings - everything gets damaged at her touch. Her emotional state tends to amplify her powers as well, and when she's scared or angry she can bring down whole buildings.
Weaknesses: She can't shut her powers off, not while she's awake anyway. The ability is somehow linked with her consciousness, but not in any way she can control. Her body is just as vulnerable as a normal person's and she can be killed just as easily.

Okay posted. Had it be so she wasn't exactly someone invited to join, if that's alright. Jupiter can go get her and convince her to come join if you want.

Rex_the_Wonder_Dog_005.jpg

wonderdog.jpeg

1377796326m_SPLASH.jpg

I also plan on Bart coming back from a small mission with two dogs. One being "normal" the other looking normal yet is "super".

And soon upon messing with some chemicals the normal dog faints before waking up with the same powers as his. If that's fine.

@Noceur:

This RP was intended for OC's, and your characters aren't just similar to existing DC comics characters, but practically copy/pastes as far as I can see.

I can understand if you make a character heavily inspired by an existing one from a published work, but it's literally just Impulse, right down to being related to Barry Allen and having every skill/power precisely. And you gave him Rex the Wonder Dog and Krypto the Super dog but with super speed powers.

Ok then <~<

Sorry. Thought we can do it inspired too didn't seem that specific.

@Noceur:

It is possible to make a character inspired by an existing one. There's just a difference between inspiration and basically making the exact same character.

I appreciate the application though, and I'm still open to any other creations.

Uh, I didn't mean or intend for it to be full on based on impulse nor flash. I just did it recklessly in a rush tbh since I love superhero RPS.8D

And I honestly got nothing for a character, I'll be sure to reserve a post or so.

I'd be cool with that.

Just after we get the two new characters in.

I was gonna make a female character -finally got an idea- would you think precognition and psychometric be original enough? o_O
Precognition = seeing the future but I don't wanna godmod it so I'll make the future seeing vision very blurred and faint. She can only see certain small parts, while the rest is like a puzzle. You'd have to play detective. While doing this she can draw the setting she sees and predict conflicts that will happen (however, it won't be perfectly accurate. It's just what she saw faintly.)

Psychometric = learn things past or future by touching an object

Memory manipulation= delete, alternate, create memories.

And create force fields as protection though it can still be broken by a few hits of some superhuman or something,..

That was what I thought... More of a psychic hero. But I'm honestly not sure if that sounds original enough

Status
Not open for further replies.