Super Powers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if it's a superpower you could pretty much have it however you wanted, hmm? But that's just my opinion. If I had that super power I would make sure I could still have lights.

I think if it's a superpower you could pretty much have it however you wanted, hmm? But that's just my opinion. If I had that super power I would make sure I could still have lights.
I feel like Comic Book ScienceTM​ would ensure that light continues to work normally even if time is frozen. :P

As for my superpower of choice? Hammerspace.

The need to physically carry things around is such a hassle. I always wished I could just send items to some other plane of existence and then call them back whenever I needed them. I'd never have to think about how to best organize all my belongings. I'd never have to think "hmm, what do I need/want to bring with me to this particular occasion?" and then debate whether or not it's worth bringing a bunch of useless crap that I'm like 95% sure I won't need, but I can't help but think "well what if such-and-such comes up in conversation and I want to show off some obscure thing that I own that relates to it??" (this is a mental battle that happens more often than you'd think...). No more worrying about forgetting/losing things. NO MORE BEING ANGRY ABOUT THE POCKETS ON EVERYTHING BEING TOO SMALL/NOT EXISTING. I'd always have all my stuff tucked away in hammerspace and, even if I don't need it most of the time, I'd always have it with me whenever it would be convenient/cool to show off.

Additionally, teleportation and freezing time would also be super convenient for the reasons mentioned. Teleportation especially. I often tend to think about how much easier life would be if I could just blip from one place to another whenever I wanted to.

Well... light could still theoretically work if time were frozen, it just... wouldn't work right....

If I wasn't afraid of heights, I would would say the ability to fly, but I'm afraid of heights.

I kinda like the idea of being able alter people's emotions as I please. Though, I wouldn't really use it for personal gain, I'd rather use it to make the world a better place by forcing people to be tolerant and compassionate towards one another like they all already should be. Although that does beg the question of whether something like that could even be considered moral, since it's essentially just manipulating people, but on a more advanced scale. And that's not exactly something that I would want to be associated with. Hmm... Maybe that isn't such a good idea...

Well, I believe if you were doing it to make the world livable for all beings, it seems that it would be a good thing.

Reactions: Hatsune Candy
As for my superpower of choice? Hammerspace.

Shoot... beat me to the punch. I had to move back in 2012, would have been so much easier to empty the whole house into Hammerspace, go to my new home, then pick out the stuff I wanted, and set it where I wanted it. Wouldn't have lost so much stuff to incompetent movers.

Though lately, I've been playing with the thought of a superhero named "Gear", able to manipulate mechanics/technology. Something with a steampunk/cyberpunk vibe. Basically a power that would allow me to reshape any "made" material. Metal, plastic, glass, fabric... that kind of stuff. I see him as able to walk through a parking lot, attract/disassemble all the cars/trucks, and turn himself into a Transformer, if he wished. Basically a glorified Mecha built around and integrated with his body.

That would be kick.......

That would be neat!

Plants. Over 90 % (Or so they say) of the worlds plants are connected by roots, sharing nutrients, chemicals of warning and the like. Fungi play a large role in this. What if humans did too?

Either that or the ability to bend fungi. Like some dryads, but fungi.

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Status
Not open for further replies.