Super Powers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this include time travel?
Duh. Just give me omnipotence and I can create myself omniscience. Though at that point I'll have gone so far beyond what it means to be human, that I'll become completely incomprehensible to any of you, and perhaps even to myself as I currently understand myself.

Duh. Just give me omnipotence and I can create myself omniscience. Though at that point I'll have gone so far beyond what it means to be human, that I'll become completely incomprehensible to any of you, and perhaps even to myself as I currently understand myself.
Just remember the sphere of ignorance. Once you reach omnipotence whose/what going to be the next step up? :P

Or you become a naked blue man.
Well shit. Nevermind then, I want the superpower that gives me infinite summonable ferrets.

Is this Manhattan or am I missing something?

Automatically kill everyone with powers in an instant, dirty fucking meta-humans.

Eyupp. Got in one. He was described in the comics as omnicient and omnipotent. Which also caused his disconnect with humanity
And humanity thinks they can win a war against him. XD
Automatically kill everyone with powers in an instant, dirty fucking meta-humans.
I don't think you want to do that...

tumblr_n8fctl8u0K1rwong9o1_500.gif

I want the power to pull anything I want out of magazines. O_O Food, stuff...

And humanity thinks they can win a war against him. XD

NAH MAN. That's the garb ending of the movie. It completely fucked it up. In the comics they faked a external threat. A actual alien invasion was blamed. Humanity's leaders know Manhattan is essentially god. The aliens were a external threat with no ties. Manhattan was basically American made. Thus a internal, polarising and dividing threat.

Tychokinesis. The ability to manipulate the probability of anything.

I'd carry a coin around with me, and flip it whenever I wanted to change something.

NAH MAN. That's the garb ending of the movie. It completely fucked it up. In the comics they faked a external threat. A actual alien invasion was blamed. Humanity's leaders know Manhattan is essentially god. The aliens were a external threat with no ties. Manhattan was basically American made. Thus a internal, polarising and dividing threat.
So they made Humanity think an Alien race showed up, blew up their Capitals and then simply vanished?

So they made Humanity think an Alien race showed up, blew up their Capitals and then simply vanished?
Nah. They left corpses and everything. They made it so that it seemed like a early strike team/first wave. The plan being humanity unite to prepeare for oncoming threat. The book goes on to explain that "Even this, will fall apart. One day, they will realize the aliens aren't coming." And there is a shot of Rorsarchs notebook having made it a some news office, basicly giving the ending a poignant "Oh shit" ending. Basicly it was very layered and well executed. The comic is a goddamn masterpiece and likely the best thing I have read comic wise.

Nah. They left corpses and everything. They made it so that it seemed like a early strike team/first wave. The plan being humanity unite to prepeare for oncoming threat. The book goes on to explain that "Even this, will fall apart. One day, they will realize the aliens aren't coming." And there is a shot of Rorsarchs notebook having made it a some news office, basicly giving the ending a poignant "Oh shit" ending. Basicly it was very layered and well executed. The comic is a goddamn masterpiece and likely the best thing I have read comic wise.
I feel like that seriously needs a follow up.

I feel like that seriously needs a follow up.
Open endings are more powerfull sometimes. The point is that Humanity only ever stop fighting one another to fight common threats. Leaving the exact conclusion up in the air opens for much more thinking and introspection.

Wouldn't you just automatically kill yourself as well since you'd have a power too?

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Wouldn't you just automatically kill yourself as well since you'd have a power too?
If Pinnocio says "my nose will grow right now", will it?

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.