Super Mahou Wars Alpha

@Psyker Landshark Yoh, collabs if you're going to be around/your internet isn't shit? Probably easier for convo and what not given ER is off exploring rooftops.

Ok, I'll be on at like 4ish EST.

I'm not sure there's anything for the NPCs to do yet (except probably have Aya go bug Merry), so if you guys want to collab a sparring match or the like, feel free to go ahead. If there isn't much else to do on base at the moment, I can just say "time passes..." and we can go on to actual mission-y plot-y things that will involve fighting and me actually acting like a proper GM. MOOKS! ALL OF THE MOOKS!

Okay, probably safe to double-post. In M&M, the default setting for everything is actually non-lethal. So you don't actually have to kill anyone unless you actively choose to. Thus, magic works much like in Nanoha: it's generally more popular than older-style physical weapons because it isn't inherently lethal.

Since we'll be seeing minions soon, I'll explain them as well. Minions are NPCs who are of little consequence. They're your street thugs, your low-level enemy soldiers. In essence, they're cannon fodder. What this means is that unlike an important character (or boss), they go down on their first failed Toughness save. This doesn't mean minions aren't potentially quite competent and dangerous; they just use rules which allow PCs to plow through large groups easily and without long, drawn-out battles.

I may refer to Minions interchangeably as Mooks. Same difference. Enemy minions in battle will be clearly labeled as such. Additional minion-related (house)rules may appear, such as further streamlined modeling of large "mook hordes" as a single unit which acts on one initiative count.

Ahahaha, triple-posting!

Seriously, though DICE! Time to roll dice. I'm not sure if you guys would prefer doing that in the IC or OOC, but Merringo's got to roll a Deception check. 1d20+Presence, since it seems like she lacks the actual skill. Mr. NPC mook will roll his own thing to try and see through it, and we'll go from there.

I was expecting a straight up Presence roll, so this is fine too. And go do it as part of your IC post, I would say.

There's a skill for bluffing is all. And it's no difference to me where one does the actual rolls, but I am more likely to call for them here or elsewhere. Note that I'll do my rolling in the open, so there won't be any GM funny business.

Swear to god. If I get a 1...

9 + 8 = 17

Can't tell if good or not. Also, does Very Attractive or Fascinate do anything for me?

Fascinate won't, it lets you hold people's attention using a skill check, and I assume yours is set to Expertise, anyway. Very attractive generally would so you can go ahead and add the +5 on top of that for a 22 total result. Mook scum want to believe pretty ladies, unless they're girls (unless they're also lesbians).

And looks like our mook buys it.