Sunrise on the Knyvettian Plain - A Steampunk Safari

Okay, so we're just waiting on Patchouli's character sheet and hopefully another Muscle character. If one doesn't step up soon, we may just go ahead with the one.

I'm busy with Driver's education and a lot of other things as well.
I apologize if I can't get my sheet on time.

Well, I can give you until Sunday night because I did promise to give you a week, but if it's not up by then, I'm going to have to give your spot away because we need to get going with this.

Understood.
WARNING: I MAKE LONG, LONG BIOGRAPHIES.

Sure, but be warned that I'm planning to get this started by Monday! I'll be posting some intro posts first, so that might give you an extra day, but we're gonna be rolling very soon on this!

Name
Mizierna Joshua-Primrose Leipzig (prefers Nimo/Nemo or Irma)
(Middle name pronounced yo-SHOO-eh)

Birthday
May 17

Team Role
Mizierna is the mechanic's apprentice of the team. She has studied mechanics alone for about five months.

Equipment
Mizierna is known to have a pistol she calls The Black Eye, her wrench, a tranquilizer (which is the syringe on the SELFY picture) a radio and her watches. She wears six different kinds of watches she wears on her body. One is on her neck. another is on her inventory bag, and one on each limb she has. She sometimes holds her hair up with a huge, luminescent watch for she loves to keep track of time.When she happens not to use her watches, she has binoculars, another pair of glasses, and a bronze, robotic scarab on her neck (with a rope around it to look like a necklace). She also has six, robotic scarabs she keeps in tiny, Erlenmeyer flasks.

scarab_lg.gif

601283_573404789355032_185365186_n.jpg

486141_573402392688605_700553518_n.jpg

FORMER APPEARANCE
Mizierna is a small girl as she is by far, the youngest in the team at 20 years old. She is 5' 4" and has purple eyes and light blonde (almost white), long hair that goes down to her back. She tends to have a bit of acne but the blemishes are covered up by a makeup she calls "Ambia". Mizierna also wears a red hat or a feathered hat with a clock-face on it. Mizierna is a slim girl with very pale skin. She only wears makeup in the form of a powder (to hide the blemishes) and lip gloss (or pink lipstick if she chooses). Mizierna is also seen with gear-shaped earrings and gear-shaped barrettes on the fringes of her bangs. She also has long nails she paints silver and gold (gold on one fingernail, silver on the other). She is also slim and has 38-D breasts.

Biography

Mizierna grew up in Nottingham as an orphan in a middle-class environment. When she turned 13, she met a boy--the son of a bread vendor--named Clancy Joe, or CJ for short. He was very talented in creating automatons working with guns and fixing machines. When Mizierna turned 15, she began to practice working on automatons while CJ assisted and eventually watched her.

The scarab automatons were designed well enough to assist at their family's bakery. After the biologist named Real proposed a money for cash and a getaway trip, the family bonds broke apart. Real then wanted CJ and Mizierna to go with him to Africa. He thought the scarabs would be useful for what they had to do.

After an eight-month excursion to Egypt, the trio drove on a motor wagon towards the plains. Before they knew it, CJ and Mizerna were hired as animal workers. On the way towards the Kynvettian Plains, Real was mauled by a tiger. CJ and Mizierna carefully jumped out of the vehicle for their brush of death. CJ and Mizierna dashed towards the kingdom as a checkpoint away from all the animals. Surprisingly, all the animals were mechanically engineered. Luckily for CJ, he agreed to work on repairing some of the large animals.

Mizierna looked at all of the automatic insects she created as an accompaniment for the automatons. By the time the accident took place, she was way too troubled to work any more on the automatic animals. Mizierna decided to find out what kind of accident took place.

With her automatic insects and her equipment, CJ planned to work with his apprentice to re-program the automatons correctly. CJ still continues to work with Mizierna with the automatons in the wondrous land.

Expertise
Mizierna is an expert on biology, and knows how to effectively work rivets and produce small automatic scarabs (which can cut through papers, metal and skin when activated). Mizierna is also talented at knowing some Russian and German. She is naturally ambidextrous (She can write in cursive with her left hand and regular English on her right hand. Mizierna is also very much into mathematics (but she might mess up on some calculations.) Mizierna is also a very fast reader and can look at the sky to tell when it might rain (based on humidity).

Weaknesses
Miziernia is easily disturbed by background noise. Mizierna can sometimes have a mental breakdown if she has been asked too many times. If Mizierna is angry, then she may be apt to attack upon seeing an individual or by the sound of an animal. Mizierna also has an allergy to ragweed and dust. Mizierna is also a quiet individual who doesn't talk too much on the job, as she is focused on her work at all times. Now that she finds the tranquilizer will do no good, she still holds it in case she has to kill someone.

((APPROVED))

Okay, LuluRS, I'm going to need at least a mock-up of your character by tomorrow if you're gonna join in.

Everyone else, thanks for your patience, I hope you're still with us! I'm going to be posting the introduction in a series of 3 posts. I have 2 completely written, and the 3rd partially written. Unfortunately, I have gone back to work after being on medical leave, so I won't have time to finish the last post until tomorrow at the earliest. So, I'm going to post the intros and then my character's entrance between now and Wednesday, and then you'll be free to post.

PLEASE DON'T POST UNTIL AFTER MY CHARACTER'S ENTRANCE.

EDIT: Here's the IC! http://www.iwakuroleplay.com/showthread.php?t=18885

Just need to flesh out his backstory a bit more, and he's done.
Sorry this took longer than I thought. I was ambushed with responsibilities.

Name: Lyran Whitengale
Team Role: Muscle

Equipment: Two brass tubing, steam powered leg braces, used to support Lyran's legs while moving, and enabling him to run and strike with force above average. There are two small boilers attached to the sides of the brace that can be refilled.
4 small tanks of water, to refill his leg braces.
One small repair kit for maintenance of his leg braces.

Appearance: Sharp and angular in face and body, Lyran gives quite the striking impression. Hard lines are set in his face, giving him an appearance older than he is, especially around his eyes. They're old eyes, eyes that have seen things and understand hardship and work. Green pools that hold undesirable knowledge of the world. His build, cleverly hidden behind dark fabric and clean cuts, is one not obtained by being rich and spoiled. His hands show signs of work in rough callouses that will never fully fade. Other than those few signs, Lyran seems the upstanding noble that people expect him to be, fake plastic smiles and red hair kept cropped short.

Biography: Lyran began life on the bottom rung, with not even two copper pennies to his name, which at the time was Carter. Everything he owns now has been worked and fought for, or sometimes stolen. His family were simple tinkerer's, having a knack for scrounging among the discarded waste of upperclass and finding and fixing things that others deemed broken, and while he would never receive formal training in the art, this gave his mind a technical base. When he was in his late teens, fate smiled on the poor boy and he was given a job working labour for an old locomotive. For years he spent his days and nights shovelling coal and ferrying items and people. Late one night, on his way home, he happened across a well dressed woman in distress, the poor dear being hounded and harassed by some local blokes. Unable to leave the woman to her otherwise untimely fate, the young man jumped in to her rescue, beating back the men. Leaving such a positive impression on the woman, she invited him to dinner at her home, as a small token of thanks. (still in works)

Strengths/Expertise: Lyran, despite appearances, is used to hard work and long hours. He's tireless, and sees things through. He also has a bit of a mind for machines, though would need to study a specimen to fully learn its inner workings.

Weaknesses: Lyran's leg braces can and will fail on him. Until they are repaired, this slows him down tremendously, as it is difficult for him to even walk without them.

((I do hope you explain how he got his leg braces! Make sure you separate how he came to be part of the Team, so we can pick it out from the rest of the bio. But this is good enough to be APPROVED.))

Patchouli and Malk, we're waiting on you two! *shakes both*

GRRRRAAAAAAAAR! Apparently, Lulu went and deleted his account without telling anybody. We may have to pause a moment to see if I can scare up another Muscle character. If not, we'll just have to go on with the one.

Name: Donovan Gates Myers

Team Role: Muscle

Equipment: Full-body armor plating that has more than one way of fuel.The first being the normal water-powered method and the alternative being his sweat is absorbed and also used as a back up fuel source. It is funneled to a smaller, separate tank. His tank is on the shoulders, lining the lower blades. He bought it for protection, since he is often listed as a "valuable commodity".

Appearance: Burly overall, Blue eyes, Glasses/Goggles, short fade, dark brown hair, 5'9, 250lbs, Dimples when he smiles, freckles on his shoulders and upper arms, circle birth mark on right leg, tiny circle birthmark on his right butt cheek. Wears a suit over "muscle helpers".

Biography: Don was born May 2, in a little town called Ischua. He grew up in a working class family. Mom was a nurse, while Dad was a firefighter. His passion of sport cultivated in a scholarship, right after high school. Rugby is a big part of his life, and he is damn good too. Currently a professional rugby player, he is coming off of a near cinderella season. His team just barely missed the post-season. Feeling lost and wanting to find a way back to himself, he volunteered to help with the rescue.

Strengths/Expertise: using his skills, Fighting, being silly, thinking on his feet, Focused, likes attention, Good poker face, enjoys making others happy, people person, bold, competitive, empathetic, enthusiastic, steadfast, caring

Weaknesses:dancing, cooking, building, planning ahead, feelings tend to run him, doesn't like to show weakness, loud, clumsy, moody, reckless, over sensitive

((APPROVED))

Cammy, I just saw your post, and I'll reply to it as soon as I can.
Due to a possible family emergency, I might be off for a bit.

Alright, thanks for letting me know. If we get on the train and start going, I'll just put you there, okay?

yeah, sure.
My mom's also planning on putting me to work...
She LOVES to put me to work on TOP of the workload I have.

Dedtoo and RedWinter, I need you both to post! Especially you, Red, since you're the driver! If no posts by Saturday, I'm going to take over your char to get us going.

AH! No don't take me over please. I'll get to you tomorrow, PRONTO! It's just been so busy. Wait? I'm the driver?

Well, you're the train engineer, what'd you think you'd be doing?