Summoner: The Cataclysm

There were new sounds to accompany the cacophony of the growls, hisses, and the bleats that the Chimera produced in her mind. There were no coherent words with the summon spirit, just pure bestial groans. The sound of voices having a heated conversation brought the cat-girl summoner to her utmost alertness. The world outside her inner world started to invade her thoughts. Grrrr! SssSSssSS! Baa-aah! ​ Chimera was growing restless with this unexpected noise. The sound of people always stirred something sinister in the depths of the summoner's and her contracted spirit's joint soul.

Her attention turned away from the water and towards the source of the voices. Maybe there was another Summoner aboard the ship who understood the turmoil caused by a contracted spirit. The thought of actually making a connection with someone brought upon a pyre of hope deep within her. 'Just maybe there is someone here that I can be friends with.' The thought caused a small smile to spread across her face. Her pale eyes grew a glimmer of some sort of happiness. She turned from the railing ready to make her approach towards the source of the voices.

However, she took only one step before she was thrown to the ground. RAWRRRRR! SsssSSSsss! BAAAAHHHH! Chimera was clearly not satisfied with her thoughts. An intense pain coursed through her body as she rolled back and forth in place. Her usual pale eyes began to switch between a palette of colors. She tried so desperately to crawl away to a secluded area so that no one would see her in this state. Chimera exerted its dominance upon its soft flesh vessel. A loud grotesque roar, mixed with the gruesome bleating of a monstrous goat and the hypnotic hiss of a clever snake luring its prey, echoed forth from the mouth of such a small girl.

"What is that horried noise?" The hydra hissed. I looked around seeing the source of where the noise was coming from. "Leave the summoner be lets see who is dominant" "No i cant i need to help with what i can. I walked over crouching to see what was going on. The hydra was dissapointed.

Keir felt himself collide with someone, and turned to see a young girl crawling away. Judging from her appearance, she was another summoner. But so young... He couldn't believe one so young would be on this boat. He moved to apologize, but then he felt her shift. Suddenly, she was roaring in a deep, eery pitch.

"What the hell?" he said through clenched teeth.

"Hey, you all right?" he asked as the roaring finally died down. Fenrir, who had been asleep until this moment, came forth in a flash.

"Where is this threat that I hear?" Fenrir growled, the back hairs bristling as he got ready to be summoned.

Calm yourself. We are on a boat that prevents your summoning. Just be ready to grant me your powers should the need arise.
Instantly, Keir felt his skin cool down a lot and ice formed on his fingertips. He knelt down by the girl, who fixed her eyes on him. She was indeed possessed by her spirit right now.

"Excuse me for coming so close, but might I give her a look over?" he asked the spirit as others gathered around him.

He just watched the guy began to help her. "Is there anything i can do?" He asked crouching next to him. "Dont you dare help them! THEY ARE THEIR OWN PROBLEMS" The hydra roared . The roar was loud enough that i squinched my eyes. Not noticing if other spirits heard or did not hear by their summoners reactions.

Thom jumped as he heard a voice next to him. He was shaking even more than before, especially thanks to the sudden arrival of the strange man. "Let me guess... a dragon?" He asked. Thom glanced over with his large brown eyes and nearly began to cry. The man looked like a snake, and the one thing Thom was most afraid of were snakes. Slowly, but shaking, Thom nodded. "Y-yes." He said, then took a deep breath to calm himself. "I was told I scream like a baby dragon." He mumbled shyly, "And I had t-teeth like one." He grinned to show that his canines were long and pointed. In fact, quite a few of his features were 'dragon-lke'. The pupils of his eyes were shaped like fat almonds, and his ears were almost pointed. His sweaty fingers clenched to the corners of his checkered vest. He took another deep breath of the salty air and let the breeze shake his messy brown hair. Thom sized up the man next to him and finally gathered the urge to speak again. "My n-name is Thom." He sputtered. "You must be a snake... Um... I mean your spirit... that is..."

It took every ounce of Raithen's willpower not to laugh in the boy's face. The way he shivered and whimpered...it made him hungry for a taste of the obviously younger man beside him. Tears in the snake clan....he wouldn't have lasted a day. "But a dragon is nothing to sssss-coff at my darling." Basilisk whispered in his mind, her voice sensual and sleepy. She was right, so Raithen gave the boy, Thom, a more gentle smile. "My contract is a snake indeed. Nice teeth." He murmured, pulling back his own lips to show perfectly white, very straight teeth, normal save for his ridiculously long canines that seemed to shine with something other than saliva. "I am Raithen." He stared out over the ocean, ignoring the cacophony of noises behind him. Flicking his eyes to meet the other's gaze, he flicked his tongue over his lips and smirked once more, unable to control himself. "You look young to be here...you must be very skilled for your clan to have sent you away." He mused aloud, rubbing his hands together in an all to villainous fashion.

Chimera bellowed another roar of monstrous proportions, this time louder than before. The whole of the ship quake from the restlessness of the Chimera's roar. The concern tone of the voice that tried to speak with it, only further agitated the beast. The resonating snarling roar ceased at last. The poor possessed summoner sat up from her spot on the floor, panting heavily. She looked up at the other summoners that came to her aid. A faint smile grew upon her face before she fell hard onto the deck, her eyes closed shut. Slumber overtook the exhausted summoner. Chimera still made its usual sounds but only the summoner and her contract spirit could hear these nightmarish bestial growls.

"Oh crap!" He yelled getting her and sitting her back up. "Okay someone tell me where i could put her!" He yelled. "Leave her there let her be WE DONT NEED HER!" It roared again. My eyes squinted again.

Arla turned around as a series of beastly noises were heard. She saw how a girl was having trouble, apparently with her contracted spirit.
The wise voice of the Gryphon mumbled in Arla's mind.
That sounds like a Chimera.

Arla nodded with her head, although she knew it was pointless. The Gryphon knew what she was thinking, anyway.
She would have aided the summoner, but she soon discarded the thought, seeing quite a few people already taking care of her. Just as that was happening, Arla's eyes quickly flickered back to something shiny, further away on the boat. It was just the sun's reflection.... on a handsome man's teeth. She did not trust his appearance despite the good looks.

And I wouldn't, either. Yes, I agree. That's a snake bound to him. Not of the ordinary sort though, the Gryphon exchanged his thoughts inside Arla's mind.

"There is a gryphon nearby . . . if you want help so baddly ask them . . .the griffin is usually courteous," The hydra growled. "Hey . . .anyone somebody help me!" I looked frantically around going from person to person. The hydra laughed,"Im sorry but i was lying. Anyways im always open for being proved wrong."

Nervously Thom constantly glance over at Raithen. He jumped with each movement the snake-like man made, and was nearly crying by the time Raithen asked about Thom's skills. "W-well... I guess...." He muttered. "My clan said it was the best for me. T-to prove myself. They... Um... didn't believe I could control a spirit like Gearon." Thom muttered. "I g-guess they thought I was plain as my name." Thom's full name was in fact Thomulan, but his spirit was rather fond of the nickname "Thom". You'll do fine! A cheery voice echoed through his head. It was Falkor, the child-dragon. But you should stay far away from this one. He smells dangerous. Thom duly noted the spirit's words then asked Raithen, "What about you? D-did your clan force you t-to go?"

Keir jumped back at the second roar, hands held up in surrender.

"Okay, okay, I'll leave you be!"

"A Chimera for one so young..." Fenrir mused. "She must be a strong one indeed. Though apparently not strong enough to control the spirit so well."

Be nice, Keir grumbled to his wolf companion.

"His clan was wrong Raithen. Despite his...softness, he and the spirit are well bonded." Raithen nodded in his head and glanced at the boy, smirking once more at the tears gathering in his eyes. "Sorry, didn't mean to...frighten you." He murmured, licking his lips once more. He laughed aloud at the boy's question. "I've been training for this since the day I could walk." He gestured at the double blades on his back. "I wasn't allowed my contract until I could move like a snake, and when I was getting the hang of it, my mother passed on Basilisk to me." He explained with an offhand gesture before patting the scroll strapped to his hip affectionatly. He glanced over his shoulder at the drama going on behind him and grinned. "Your opponents are dropping off before the tournament has even begun." Basilisk mused.

The hydra spoke,"There is a basilisk here do not trust one who is connected with the basilisk." He nodded his head for once and agreed with him.

Thom turned his head around to look at the fighting opponents. He shivered, not really wanting to fight them, and turned back to the Raithen. "I've always h-had a strange contract. Or so my aunt told me." Thom pointed to the sword tattoo on his face and smiled shyly. "The mark is activate with my blood. That way we wont be separated until I die." He chuckled. You're so sweet! I love you Thom! The dragon's voice spoke. Thom laughed, then realized Raithen was still there. "I'm sorry. I-it's the spirit." Thom explained. He leaned back and stretched his arms wide. "Those are some i-interesting blades." Thom noted with a nod. "My own weapon is kinda different." He patted to his hip. Comfortably on each side of his belt was a bladed whip. It was surprisingly well used, considering Thom's gentle exterior.

"A strong contract then...as strong as our own sweet Raithen." Basilisk whispered, dragging out the S sounds with slytherin grace. Raithen nodded to the boy, truly interested for once. "A strong pact indeed." He decided. he reached out to the whip, touching the blade carefully though he quickly jerked his hand back upon realizing how sharp it was. "A well-kept blade." He smiled at Thom, approving of him as a temporary ally already...though Thom had yet to say the same. He drew one of his own blades, letting it catch the light before flicking a bead of sea water at the blade. He guided the blade so gently that the bead traveled along the edge of the blade, came to the point and curled around to the blunt side of scimitar a moment later. "I look forward to seeing you fight."

He got up comfortable that shed be fine sitting there and he walked over to thom and a snake guy. "Do not go any further he is a deceiver" The hydra stated."I agree with you but i got to make sure thom is alright"

Thom smiled sweetly, finally he had stopped shaking. "Umm... Likewise." He said with an exaggerated nod. For a moment, Thom felt like he could almost trust the snake-man. While Thom wouldn't trust anybody with his life, but he felt like at least Raithen could be a potential ally. "I look forward to seeing you fight. Hopefully not against m-me though. I'm afraid s-someone with the experience and the strong bond you have might beat somebody young like me." He chuckled. With that he extended his hand for Raithen to shake, perhaps making an alliance with the basilisk summoner would prove to save his life... or end it.

Raithen ignored the man in the corner of his vision and focused on Thom. He squeezed the younger man's hand lightly and smiled before retracting his hand. "Fear not, Thom, training and true battle are two very different things..." He winked and gestured at Thom's worn weapon. "Though I'm sure you know that." He felt...fond of the boy, like a little brother or childhood crush or something mostly innocent to that effect. "Remember your enemy boy." The Basilisk reminded him in a deadly sweet tone. Raithen rolled his eyes and folded his arms, again eying the boy watching him from a distance. "Tell me about your dragon, Thom."

Instantly Thom's face lit up with joy as soon as the topic of his dragon was brought up. "Oh! He's just the s-sweetest!" Thom exclaimed. "He's only a l-little kid, but he's a bit scary sometimes. Falkor's the dragon of luck. He and I've been r-really lucky. I-it explains why I-i wasn't killed when I was little." Thom looked out at the bright blue sky, his eyes seemed distant as he spoke. "He's jet black, with a r-round face and large yellow eyes. He breathes lightning, and has l-long fangs, but the rest of his teeth are dull. He flies as fast as lightning... he's my b-best friend.... Oh! I'm sorry. I-I get a bit overboard talking about Falkor. What about your Basilisk?"