Summoner: The Cataclysm

Keir wasn't paying attention to where he was walking, his mind was focused on Lea. Well, it was until he felt someone run into him. He looked down to see the girl that he had tried to help earlier, before all the crazy.

"Hey, kid," he said with a smile. "Are you feeling a lot better now? You were pretty out of it before."

Be careful with the spirit of the Chimera, Master.

You worry too much, Fenrir. It's just a kid, of course there's bound to be some issues. But I've got you, so we can handle it!

"Hey, why don't you come along with us to the hotel for some dinner?"

Lea latched loosely onto Keir's arm to wander down to the hotel, looking him over for at least the third time by this point. The fast-paced action of the night before finally over and done with, she was taking the time to examine him as they walked. The ears poking from his hair were reminiscent of his summon, as was the tail that idly swayed behind him. Her attention was brought sharply away when the chimera summoner bumped into them. She tightened her grip on Keir.

Lea? Phoenix prodded at her. I know you're concerned you weren't able to help her much last night but...
If her summon can materialise now then I don't want to be in its path when it realises I was the one that disturbed it in an attempt to heal her. You didn't feel it, Phoe. She released Keir's arm, casting him a lopsided grin and awkwardly speaking up.
"I'll just meet you down there, I'm gonna go check up on Hayner."

She was a fast runner; she was skidding to a stop in the doorway in minutes. Her gaze flitted around the room for Hayner.

While out walking around the docks Serena noticed how right she was there were a lot of summoners here. She wasn't really paying attention to where she was going. She was starting to feel nervous around all these summoners. Would she really be able to do well in the competition? "hey bijin, your summon there. What is it? A cat, or a wolf? I'm just a bit curious. I'd say you'd put up a bit of a fight. Am I wrong?" A man with sharp eyes stepped in front of her clearly directing the question at her. Serena studied him for a brief second trying to decide if she should tell him her summon or not. "I would most definitely put up a fight." Thinking about how to answer his other question she flashed him a bright smile saying "I will tell you what my summon is if you tell me yours. It seems as if you would put up a good fight too."

Akira smirked and chuckled. I like this girl. She's feisty, he thought with a smirk. He folded his arms over his chest and let out a sigh. "A gargoyle." Akira explained simply, and stepped closer to the girl. "A poisonous one. Now tell me yours. I'd like to see what kind of fight you'd put up." The swordsman ran his forked tongue over his lips again and stared into Serena's eyes. His sharp blue eyes size up the girl. While she'd put up a good fight, Akira was confident he would crush her instantly.

Ren was so deep in thought that she didn't notice how much time passed, or if time passed at all. Sighing, she got up, trying to put the flames on her hands out. "Panther, any ideas?" The giant cat shook her head. ​"I haven't seen this before, Water Lily. Do you understand what the writings say? Perhaps they are your language." Ren shrugged. The turned her gaze to her hands and studied the signs. "Huh. Your right." Her right hand held the Japanese word No: 無. Her left hand held the Japanese word 運, meaning Luck. She stared at it for a moment. "No Luck..." She murmured. The words seemed to have triggered the fire to flare up, then die. There was a long pause. "What does it mean, 'No Luck,' Panther?" She looked at her summon. "Well, it obviously means that you don't have any luck." Ren shuddered. "Oh..." She stood up and slowly walked to the inn, unaware or not caring about all the stares she got.

Nameless quickly regained her composure, the man's offer had taken her by surprise. She shook her head back and forth as she felt the presence of the Chimera stirring something sinister deep within her. "Um um, thank you but-but I'm a-a-afraid I must decline your offer. Sorry!" With that said, the young summoner darted off towards no direction in particular. Anywhere to be away from people who unintentionally arouse the anger of the Chimera.
Ameen grew ecstatic to hear that he could help the young female Summoner. "Lina you hear that? This damsel wishes for subsistence." he said with a jolly laugh while his summon spirit sighed. "Come, there must be a place around here the offers good food and merriment." Ameen offered his arm to the girl to be linked with his. His warm smile towards the girl seemed to be intensified by the sun shinning behind him. Lina sat quietly on her master's shoulder.
Delfina couldn't help but to smile. Though Harpy's teasings were heard in the back of her head, all that Delfina could concentrate on was the divine girl who captivated her. She gently sat next to the girl named Nameera and listen intently to her words. Her voice drown out her contracted spirit's banter. Smiling, Delfina eyes fell upon the girl next to her.

"I always wanted to experience the subtle charms of the ocean. Though I always imagine that I would hold someone special in my arms and together we would watch the ocean waves crash into the sands of the beach" she leaned her head back to look towards the sky. "We would watch as the sun slowly fades to allow the moon to take its place. Our bodies would remain close to one each other's as our eyes gaze upon the moonlight glazing the ocean surface. We dare not to fidget as the water crept ever closer to us for we wouldn't want the moment to be interrupted. Instead, we would want the moment to last for we would truly felt what it was like to be in love." A deep blush redden Delfina's cheeks as the realization of what she said sunk in.

"I'm sorry, that had to be awkward."
Delfina chuckled nervously as she shifted her eyes back on the girl beside her. "Where are my manners? My name is Delfina, it's a sincere pleasure to meet you Nameera." said Delfina with a warm inviting smile.

Nameera felt Delfina's eyes on her. She glanced over at her from the corner of her eye, refusing to look at Delfina straight on for fear that her eyes might wander back to her lips. "Ketina, her words are so pure," Kaito said in a light tone that surprised Nameera. Her words attracted Nameera, causing her heart to race instantly. A mental image of relaxing on the beach with this woman flashed through her mind. Kaito laughed gently seeing the same image. "It wasn't awkward." Nameera smiled brightly finding the blush adorable.

Feeling this attraction was weird. She had never felt attracted to someone except for once, but of course that didn't end well. She messed things up and she knew she would mess this up somehow, whatever this was. Instead of bringing anything up she decided to suppress what was building up inside of her. "One day you will enjoy that moment," Nameera said softly then caught Delfina's gaze. "There is nothing more beautiful than the ocean at night. The warmth of someone next to you." She sighed deeply as she allowed herself to fall into a daydream. "Nameera this is a competition. Feelings should not get in the way, especially since you consider your skills lower than everyone else." Kaito said with a tinge of frustration " Love comes in due time." "Maybe its due time," Nameera snapped out loud, her eyes widening as soon as she realized what happened. "I am so sorry. Kaito wouldn't stop talking."

Irthir nodded with a smile and the sphinx sighed. She walked over to him and linked arms. Don't be mad Nurveen, he seems to be a nice man. The sphinx just sighed again but said nothing. From the book she could see the man smile and she looked down feeling her blush grow again. The sphinx laughed her eyes hidden in shadows," Well at least he is making you happy. This is the first time I have seen you blush since you were a child. I will let this man go for now, but if does anything to hurt you... he will pay. Irthir laughed at the summon's anger, happy she was so loved. She looked up at the man and smiled," It's very nice to meet you, my name is Irthir." It would easier to know where she was going now that she knew she was being guided. She took a deep breath and let herself lean against the man slightly, trusting he would keep her out of danger.

Before she entered, she made Panther take the form of a kitten, then picked her up. When Ren entered the inn, she came to a stop. She had no idea what to do. Should she get a room? And what should she do to order food? Feeling self conscious, she stepped to the side of the doorway. "Water Lily, whatever is your problem? Your usually so... forward." Forward? Whaddaya mean? There was a short pause. "Your usually up there, talking to people. You'v never just... stopped." Ren gave a small shrug. I don't know why I'm like this. She looked around. This is all to different for me. I'm a Japanese person. She turned her gaze to the floor. "Water Lily, go and... make a friend, like you usually do." She shook her head. What if I make a fool of myself?​ Her summon chuckled. "Your always making a fool of yourself. There is never a time when your not!" Ren grunted at this. Then her ears stood straight up on her head. "Did you just purr?" She asked aloud. Panther shook her head. "I swear I heard a purr..." Ren looked at the floor, and to her surprise, she saw a small grey kitten. "And when did you come in?" She murmured as she scooped it up. She studied the small cat as it acquainted itself with Panther. "Hes a stray, I think." She shrugged at that. "Then he's my stray."

Confidence radiated from him, he was sure confident in his abilities, not that Serena could blame him he was most definitely a strong competitor. He was so sure he could beat her already even though he doesn't know what her summoner is. 'Let him think that. If he underestimates you it could be the key to your victory.' Her kitsune is always thinking of a battle plan, she smiled wryly at the thought. "My summon is a kitsune." She didn't back down from his sharp gaze because she refused to show him any weakness. She was here to prove herself. "My name is Serena by the way. I figured since we now know about each others summoners we should share our names too. Unless you don't want to share yours?"

Images blurred by rapidly as Nameless darted through the crowds. She could feel Chimera gathering the energy to force itself out of her. Her willpower was slowly depleting and fear was easing in. She came to the end of the town when she was stopped by a small girl with red eyes. The gaze of those eyes stopped her in her tracks. In what appeared to be German, the girl spoke with concern hinting in her tone, //Where do you wish to go, little girl? I sense the spirit in you is restless and has the control that you should have. Come with me to the hotel, there you will meet your fellow competition before we embark to the city to officially enroll the competitors into the Cataclysm, if they haven't ripped each other apart that is. Come child, do not worry about the beast within you forcing itself out. In my presence, your beast will have to submit to the might of my aura.// Nameless blinked, not knowing what the other girl was saying but understood enough that she wouldn't inflict harm upon her. Strangely, she didn't feel Chimera exerting his dominance upon her. She watched the smaller girl walk a few paces before turning around and motioning Nameless to follow. Cautiously yet happily, Nameless followed behind.

images

Ameen grinned broadly as the girl named Irthir leaned against him. Lina was about to say something until her master opened his mouth before she had a chance to utter a syllable. "What an exotic yet charming name my dear Irthir. Allow me to introduce myself, I am Prince Ameen." he adopted a gentle pace with his walk so not to worry the girl in his company about keeping up to speed,"And this lovely genie on my shoulder happens to be my fair contracted spirit, Lina." he said while his grin grew larger. "Madame, I do apologize if my master is too overbearing with his friendliness. He doesn't seem to realize that such friendly advances aren't tolerated by all." Ameen let out a hardy laugh that caught the gazes of a few passersby. "My dear Lina, there are more foes in this world than there are friends. If my friendliness is offensive, then I shall apologize and carry on with my offensive friendliness." Ameen let out a jolly laugh. His eyes brighten as they came across a small cafe. "Huh, I wouldn't have thought that there would be a cafe in such a town but oh glorious Fortuna has smiled upon us my friends." spoke Ameen, as he help lead Irthir towards a table. His chivalrous instincts came into being as he gently pulled out a chair and helped ease Irthir into her seat. Ameen sat in the seat in front of her, still sporting his huge grin.
Delfina chuckled as the girl beside her apologize. She covered her hand over her mouth as to conceal her chuckling. 'Delfi, Delfi, Delfi, you just don't know when not to fall for a girl huh? Though I find that quality in you kind of cute.' teased Harpy pleased to know her long time friend and Summoner was finally relaxed after all the past months of training and heartache. Defina uncovered her mouth, revealing a warm smile. 'Yeah, though what can I say Harpy? There's just something about this girl that makes me feel like something I haven't felt in a long time and it is great to feel like this again.' Delfina turned her gaze back towards the eyes of Nameera. "Don't worry, I know how that can be. Harpy is a constant chatterbox but I love her nevertheless." said Delfina, raising up from her seat. Delfina shifted herself so that she stood in front of Nameera. "Would you like to accompany me on an errand? I just happened to remember that I need to round up all the Summoners who are going to attend the Cataclysm this year and take them to the hotel. The Spirit clan leader asked me to and I'm afraid I had momentarily forgotten." Delfina looked away for a moment and scratched the back of her head in embarrassment. Her eyes shortly fell upon Nameera's eyes again. "If you do wish to come, I wouldn't mind the company. Have you ever flown before?" asked Delfina with a warm inviting smile.

Hayner was eating his meal in peace at the hotel. All the other summoners were outside, or rather the loud ones were. He couldn't begin to understand why so many of the people on his boat were being so friendly with each other in the midst of such a deadly competition. Surely their clan leaders had not mistaken them for the best of the clan. He could barely wrap his mind around the fact that they were so tactless and idiotic. Only a few of the summoners inside of the inn were talking to each other and they had also appeared to be like the ones on the boat. The conversation wasn't loud by all means, it was just the fact that he could easily hear everyone's conversation on the floor.

Once he finished his meal he heard the door to the inn opening and then closing as someone came in. Hayner turned his head just a smidge to see Lea who was walking around and looking for someone. He figured that she was looking either for him or one of the other summoners that had come with them. Since he was the only of the group in there he could only assume it was him. As she walked around aimlessly she happened to walk right behind him without noticing. He discreetly moved his arm out and grabbed hers pulling her in a somewhat rough manner into the bar stool beside him. So as not to frighten her about who might be abducting her to their side he turned his head to show his face before whispering to her.

"I feel like this competition is going nowhere right now. I know we just docked and all but aren't we supposed to be at each other's throats? Everyone is getting too close. I'm growing a tad paranoid that not everything is as it seems, although if the others are already making pacts or alliances then i think we may be able to plot quite a clever ruse, if you would be so kind as to help that is. What i intend to do is have a little scrap with a summoner. Namely the one sitting next to me. Don't worry it won't be a serious fight although we will have to make it look real. Maybe throw a few insults at each other. I'll summon one of mine and you summon yours since you have already revealed it, might i add quite foolishly, and then you beat my summon. This way the others will think i am weak and feeble while others will either fear you. This way we can surprise and ambush others while you can throw your influence around to gain favor and certain benefits. Sound good to you?"

That smile took her by surprise, but it was a pleasant surprise. "She is a beautiful woman Ketina," Kaito said softly. Nameera nodded in agreement. "Kaito likes to add his opinion into everything, but he is also real strict. I no longer have a father..." then she felt the familiar strains of exhaustion. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, inwardly trying to sooth Kaito. Nameera quickly accepted the offer to go along with Delfina on her errands, wanting to stay by her side. Finally, she would get to see all the other summoners, the thought was a bit intimidating. With a quick shake of her head she replied to the question about flying and stood up, no where near as tall as Delfina. "Kaito can't fly. He prefers the...." Once again came the familiar feeling of being tired washed over her causing her to sway slightly.

Nameera knew that Kaito treated her those ways to train her. Since her father was... no longer living, someone needed to take over that spot, and Kaito fit right in. He had figured out that making her tired was an easier form of punishment instead of lecturing her because soon she had learned how to put up a mental barrier. After awhile Nameera came to appreciate Kaito's punishment because she probably would have continued on and revealed her secrets to everyone, but his antics also forced her to withdraw from the people around her. Sometimes he would even go as far as bringing up her past and the awful thing she did to get her to stop talking or doing something.

Lea tensed very visibly as Hayner pulled her down into a stool alongside him, her lips set in a snarl that dissipated as soon as she realised who was tugging at her. Hayner's voice was low, no hint of the playful attitude from the other day remaining as he whispered to her.She cocked her head to one side as she listened, an action not entirely unlike one her summon had demonstrated earlier.

"I take it you realise that this probably won't work on the summoners that were in the same boat as us? Not to make too big a point of it, but you weren't subtle with the kissing..." She turned her gaze away, feeling the slightest heat rising to her cheeks. "I mean, I'm all up for a good bit of scrapping and I'm sure Phoe would like a little while out of my head, but that's the only chink I can think of... By the way, you're probably about to get a rep as a creeper, I'll make it up to you later."

Her gaze flicked back to his face and she smirked momentarily before wrenching her arm away from him violently, lashing out with one leg to kick his stool from under him. "Get off me, you massive perve!" She shrieked at him, abusing the deep red blush on her face and making an attempt to look scandalised. Luck was on her side, the intense redness across her cheeks more than enough to counteract the little glint in her eyes. Deep in the recesses of her mind, Phoenix chuckled, preparing to emerge when she called.

Keir still stood on the boat, left by both Lea and Nameless. He wasn't sure what to do next. He should head towards the arena, he supposed, since he no longer held an appetite. Perhaps registering for the fight and then getting some exercise in would help clear his mind a little.

Don't get too upset, Master. You should have known better than to get close to the girl.

But, Fenrir, you were the one who encouraged me to save her. And the girl... That poor little girl.

Stop being so weak. Remember why we're here, Keir?

It wasn't often that the wolf actually used his first name, and this steeled Keir's resolve. He nodded and narrowed his eyes, walking off the boat alone and heading in the direction of the arena. He would win this fight. It was, after all, what his mother would have wished.

Serena? Akira thought lamely. I was hoping something a little bit more... sexy. The warrior chuckled and tossed his mane of dyed purple hair away from his face. "I'm Akira Nozuka." He replied. "I think it's important for one to know the name of the man who's going to take their summon." Akira snicked and patted his two swords with pride boiling in his chest. "I'll see you around cutie. Just think twice before challenging me to a fight. Zenkibo and I like to play with the sheep before we send them to the butcher's." Akira winked Serena's way and strode back up to the hotel with a smirk on his face. Perhaps the younger ones are far more interesting, while less competent, that is for certain.

A dot could be seen in the sky from a distance. AS it drew closer it grew bigger. Wings could be seen flapping, but it was far to big to be any normal bird anyone had seen before. The monster grew bigger and bigger, but as it flew it left a trail of frost in the sky behind it making it shine in the sun. Upon arriving to the shore the bird blew on the waterfront and made it's own landing area. This bird was incredibly beautiful, ocean blue feathers, with shadow black feathers under his belly and wings, the blue feathers were peppered with white tips. The head was that of a falcon, only scaled and looked as if he was born from hell, two horns curved behind it's head and when it called to his master the razor sharp teeth gleamed in the light. Yankotsu yawned and poked his head form behind the Falcon's back. He jumped off the bird with his body length black robe flapped in the wing making the gold colored stitching shine. After stretching from his nap Yankotsu dropped his hood revealing his blue hair with green bangs and mischievious red eyes. He opened his robe up so he arms and legs were free. He wore a black shirt with golden tribals stitched around it, and black pants with golden flames coming from the bottom, with a Golden belt. Strapped to his back were two full length sword sized kunies trapped to him with golden colored cloth sheaths that crossed on his chest. The monster gave one last caw and shrunk to the size of a normal flacon. His feathers now more of an ice blue with white under feathers, horns and teeth gone landing peacefully on it's master's shoulder. Yankotsu smiled at his friend, and set his hand on his small bent-dagger to rest on and looked out at the new place. "Well Kyoumoki, it looks like we've finally arrived, time to have some fun"

(OOC: sorry if its not the best entrance I'm still rusty lol)

Nervously, she sat down in a corner, not bothering to pull of a chair. Looking around, her nervousness grew. Panther? Why is it that aeveryone is boing so... nice to each other? You told me that people would be at each others throats. Panther meowed to the grey kitten. "I have no idea. But I know those two are planning something." She turned her head to a couple of summoners Ren recognized. Those two? "Yes, those two." Ren shrugged. "Let them plan. It doesn't matter. Not to me." She tured to the grey cat and began to whisper to it in Japanese."Get off me, you massive perve!" Ren looked up in time to see Lea kick out the stool from under Hayner. Ren stood up. "Is that what they were planing?" "If it was, then I wouldn't know. But there's a small chance" Ren moved closer to the pair, but still at a safe distance. "Hope this is as far as it goes."

Hayner only had a few short moments after her answer before Lea had pulled away by wrenching her arm out of his grasp and then proceeding to kick his stool out from under him. He was caught off guard by the stool kicking and fell to the ground while barely hearing her mention him being a massive perve. In the back of his head he could hear Isabella chuckling softly while he slowly got to his feet and glared at her. The betrayed and innocent look that she had struck him deeply almost making him lose his concentration although he knew he wanted to set this plan in motion and couldn't hesitate. He quickly cleared his throat and stood in a threatening way.

"Hey your the one who was flaunting that body of yours on the boat. Running around without a skirt on and flashing those panties of yours wasn't the best way to say that you were pure of sin now was it? Whatever you little wretch, im going to get what i want one way or the other so why don't you just come along quietly and stop making a scene."

It was a good thing that Hayner had grown up being a rather rough child since he knew how to be cruel and malicious. It was extremely easy for him to play the part of cruel and unapproved of. He went over to Lea and grabbed her arm again before dragging her towards the stairs by the doorway. He wouldn't pull her outside since he was faking an attempt to have his way with her so he was hoping that she would figure out the rest of the plan and force them into the open area. After all he didn't want her to summon her phoenix and kill everyone in the area and especially not the inn.

Lea saw Hayner's glower falter for a couple of seconds at her words, though it flashed back in no time. She restrained the urge to smile at him, knowing it would look wrong. Only the fact she'd seen the expression, no matter how fleeting, stopped her from shrinking down when he squared up to her. His fingers pressed hard into her arm, turning her skin white. He attempted to drag her off towards the stairs, making her arm ache.

"I said get the hell off me, Hayner!" She aimed a hard slap at him, pulling herself away from him in the same movement.
You know, you need to get out in the open. What he's planned is probably not ideal for inside. Phoenix muttered in Lea's head, a warning tone creeping into his voice.
Yeah, I know. Reckon I could just sprint out? We've got a few folks' attention now at least.
Go for it. Can't do any harm. Lea pasted a frown over her face and made a sprint for the door, fully expecting to feel Hayner's hands wrapping round her wrists, or hear him yell and run after her. She counted herself lucky that she was a fast mover.