Summoner: The Cataclysm

Nameera grew tired of sitting in the corner. She yearned to be outside and closer to the water, she yearned to feel the breeze. "Do not waste anymore energy Nameera," Kaito growled. With a small shrug, she stood up and walked to the door, stealing another glance at the girl she connected with moments earlier. The sun blinded her as she walked outside. Using her hand as a visor, she looked over all the new summoners. A phoenix, a panther, and a crab. "The ignorance of those summoners," her leviathan said with disdain "Ketina, if you summon me prematurely I will exhaust you instantly." An image of her falling over flashed through her mind. Nameera knew his threat was real and she dared not test him. As she walked past other summoners to the waters edge she began to feel worried. They probably had clans, leaders, professional training, and were once apprentices. She had no formal training after she committed the crime she did. "I'm not good enough Kaito," she whispered to him. "You are right," he replied simply "with that mentality you are not." Suddenly her conversation was ended when she bumped into a girl muttering something in a language she didn't understand. "I am truly sorry," Nameera gave her a polite nod "Keeping ones eyes up instead of at ones feet is important." She smiled warmly, quickly meeting the other girls eyes before looking away.

When someone bumped into her, she gave a little start. She was about to apologize when the other female spoke. Ren smiled. "Oh, it's OK. I wasn't really watching myself either. I was just telling Panther-" Her summon cut her off with a growl. "Oh, shush you!" She grinned. "Anyhow, I was just telling Panther that I'm not fully ready to have my butt kicked." She studied the female who had bumped into her. "Are you one of the other summoners? I'm Ren, nice to meet you. I have a feeling you might be one of the people here kicking me." Her Panther snorted and spoke aloud. "Do not bother these people, Water Lily. You always get excited when you meet new people. Some might call it annoying" Ren opened her mouth to object, then closed it, looking sheepish. "Oh, uhh... sorry bout that. Panthers right, I do get a bit annoying." She turned her gaze to the floor. "Uhh... sometimes I force myself onto people. I... I guess I should go...?" Her last words ended with the hint of a question. She continued to stare at the floor, heat rising to her face. I always do this! ... Or something like this. Growling, excited talking, using my powers.... She glanced at her hand instinctively, making sure her fingers weren't burning.

Panther looked at the other summon. She studied her, head cocked. "Yes, I do believe your right, Water Lily. She just might be one of the people to beat you." Out loud, her voice seemed to echo, and it seemed sharp. She surveyed the summoner once more.

Arla filled her lungs with the soft breeze, and glided off the deck and into the harbour. Her summon materialized above her as she left the ship, since he had not been properly dismissed the night of the fight. Both girl and creature landed with feline grace on firm ground, softly and without making a noise. Not that it mattered too much, since the place was crowded and they didn't need to hide from anyone. But that was the way Arla and Gryphon naturally behaved. They had a lot in common and it was not by chance that they were together.

They casually walked around, sharing thoughts in their minds, as they headed to the main gates. Both girl and summon glanced in turns at a crab summoner. Oh look at that. Not a common sight. Arla smirked and kept going. She saw Ren and her Panther go by, and smiled.Well she's alright apparently. Some recover faster than others. Keep That in mind, her gryphon replied. Other summoners showed up, too. Most were strange faces for Arla. Finally they made it to the gates.

I should dismiss you, you know.

Not before I fix those wings for you, dear. You know my beak will put all those feathers in place. Sit.

Following her summon's orders, Arla sighed and took a seat on a bench, facing the harbor. She saw the Phoenix and his summoner flying, as her gryphon carefully arranged all of Arla's feather in place with his beak, getting rid of the old ones and smoothing tangles and rough edges.
That is one mighty bird, Gryph. What do you think about them? It reminds me of that Thunderbird. Do you remember...?

Her summon didn't answer. He didn't move, either. Arla was suddenly interrupted by a voice. She looked back at the figure who had just revealed his face. She took some seconds to recognize him.

Don't move...

''Slaven!'' she said out loud, soon lowering her voice as she noticed he was trying to remain unnoticed. ''Oh my! Look at you!'' she added, blushing slightly as well, and smiling, she stood up to greet him. She felt awkward, since she didn't know if she was meant to shake hands, give him a hug or just kiss him on the cheek. Probably a handshake is better, she decided, an after hesitating, she friendly extended her hand.

Nameera's eyes showed slight signs of amusement as the other summoner rambled. With a nod, she acknowledged the fact she was another summoner "I am, I arrived here a day early. From the looks of it, I missed quite a skirmish." She looked passed Ren at the battered vessel just as a gryphon and its summoner flew off. Nameera could feel Kaito's disapproval. "Not everyone is reserved as you are Kaito," she said inwardly. "I'm Nameera," a small chuckle escaped her lips when Ren mentioned being beat in battle. "You honestly may not have to worry about that. I am a rogue. My techniques are not refined." As soon as that was said, she grew lightheaded as Kaito began trying to manifest against Nameera's will as punishment. "You speak too much. Do not let others know your insecurity," his voice boomed in her head, but she felt his growl vibrate through her whole body. "Don't go," Nameera said quickly, surprising herself.Normally she welcomed seclusion,but she was rather lonely for some reason. The journey here was tedious and she knew no one. Being here frightened her, but she wouldn't admit that to anyone but herself or Kaito. Her attention was soon grabbed when Ren looked at her hands. Nameera looked at Ren's hands as well, slight confusion playing out on her face, but the emotion quickly dissappeared when Nameera felt Ren looking at her. "Do you care to share the story of what happened on the boat?" She asked with pure interest.

Ren gave a small shrug, still a little sheepish. "I'm not the best at telling stories, but I'll do my best." She looked at Panther. "Fill in the details for me, will you?" Panther sighed. "It seems I have no choice. You seem intent to mingle with everyone who plans to hurt you in battle."​ Ren shrugged again. "Maybe I am. Maybe I'm just tired of your ramblings." She grinned. "There was an attack. Everyone was either eating or sitting outside, enjoying the night, when the ship shook. A phantom like ship was attacking us with a swarm of wyverns. So everyone starts fighting. Of course, the wyverns weren't enough. Someone summoned the Kraken." "Damn that beast..." Ren shushed her summon. "And a dragon." Panther opened her mouth to speak, but Ren nudged her. Shush, I'm telling my story! "I'm not sure what the others did, but I attacked the Kraken with my fan." She slipped out her fan fluidly and fast, and had it open and ready within a second. "Oops... hope I didn't startle you..." She carefully put it away. "Uhh... yeah, I decided to try and cause the Kraken pain." Her smile faded. "I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything at all, the cuts I made must have just been paper cuts to the great beast." She seemed to droop, but kept talking. "Again, I have no idea what made the Kraken swim away. I just know the others played a bigger part." She looked at her summon. "How much did I miss?" "Not to much, because you didn't have the chance to study whats going on around you. You did fall into the water, remember? You can't really pay attention what goes around you when you can't swim. And, you just need to give yourself some credit." Ren shook her head at that. "You and I know that I was more like a fly then a giant black widow." She looked back to Neemera. "Uhh... you might have to ask the others for a better version of the story." She glanced at her hands again and saw that flames have come. They had spread from her finger tips to her palm, swirling in the center and making an intricate sign. She studied it for a moment, then remembered that she wasn't alone. She tried to put it out, but her powers had been bottled up and needed a way out. Ren hid her hand behind her back, hoping no one else saw it. "... I need something to say." She looked at her other hand, and that one had also flamed up, but into a different sign. Ren decided that there was no point in hiding it. "Sorry bout this. The flames come out when they need to let some go."

Keir looked over at Lea and grinned.

"It's all right, there was a lot that had happened," he told her before looking out over the railing again. "And it's a gorgeous day. How are you feeling though? You did a lot of work, healing everyone." Keir pushed down the disappointment that he hadn't had an injury. He did get a nice view of-

Can we please not relive that?

Looking back, he saw some of the other Summoner's leaving the boat.

"I suppose it's time, huh."

Lea shrugged at the mention of healing work; true she had ended up collapsing, but the work itself hadn't been too hard.
"I'm all good now. A good night's sleep tends to build most of my strength back up, though I'll still need to go and eat before I'm 100%. Gotta admit, it was more than I usually take on in a night, but I'm glad I ended up being some sort of use." She frowned at the memories of the night before, specifically those of the kraken summoner, touching her fingers to her lips. She broke from thought when Keir spoke up once more.

"Yeah. I'd not be surprised if it got pretty difficult from here on out, given the sheer number of competitors. Still, we'll manage somehow. We're a tough bunch, I'd reckon." She was staring down in the general direction of the dock, already seeing a few strange summons milling around. A stray thought buzzed through her head and she clicked her fingers suddenly, turning back to face Keir. Miniature sparks played round the fingers for a few instants and then were lost to the air.

"I totally forgot, we were never actually properly introduced before the whole random attack thing happened." She laughed, then stuck her hand out at him. "Better late than never though, right? I'm Lea. This is Phoenix." She nodded downwards to indicate her summon, then met Keir's eyes once more with a smile.

Keir took her hand and shook it, holding on a second or two longer than was necessary as he had a brief thought to kiss her hand.

Sometimes, I'm not sure what to do with you...

"Late isn't always a bad idea at times," he responded. "Nice to meet you formally Lea. I'm Keir, and the wolf was Fenrir." His eyes refused to shift from hers.

Nameera smirked, thinking Ren's interactions with her spirit were cute. She listened intently to her story, beginning to feel yearning from Kaito. "Ketina, why did you have to hesitate? I wish were on that boat," his voice was light as he spoke. Nameera's eyes widened "You've seen a kraken? That is so cool." Kaito let out a low growl "I am more impressive than any squid." "Kaito," Nameera snapped getting him to stop talking. When Ren brought her fan out, Nameera startled, not expecting such swift movements. "Don't feel disappointed in yourself. Any part is a big part, what matters is the fact that tried," She smiled sweetly and nodded. "I'm sure the effort you did put in was appreciated." The flames spreading over Ren's palms interested her. "Don't apologize, things happens. Magic is weird," she brought her hand up into view, creating a ball of water between them. "But it is so fun." Suddenly she began feeling weak, once again feeling Kaito's punishment for showing what she could do. Immediately she allowed the ball to dissipate. "I have to go," Nameera said softly "My spirit isn't happy. Go on inside." She motioned towards the inn. "It has good food and nice people. I will find you later." She excused herself and headed towards a bench by the water. "Do not blame me for your ignorance," Kaito said coolly. Closing her eyes, she sighed, at last feeling relaxed. The feeling of exhaustion leaving since Kaito's anger was subsiding.

"Keir, huh?" Lea spoke the name softly, rolling it round her mouth with a thoughtful look on her face. "Good name. I like the feel of it." Keir's hand lingered on hers for a few seconds more than she'd expected, something that she couldn't quite pinpoint scurrying across his face. She shrugged it off with yet another smile, shoving her hair back from her face.
"I fancy a bite to eat, what say I meet you down on the dock and we head for the hotel to get some food?" She raised an eyebrow at Keir, already shifting to settle back down on Phoenix's back. His wings beat rythmically a few times, bringing her back to Keir's line of sight.

"I know it's probably not what most folk are thinking, but hey. It's a good place to start." She waited a few instants for his answer, running her hands along her summon's neck as though urging him to stay in place. "Phoe doesn't like staying still too long, I'll meet you down there."

The words had barely left her mouth before Phoenix swooped down and landed rather heavily on the deck, clicking his beak.

Keir was completely all right with the idea of a bite with Lea. He grinned and started to agree to meeting her on the dock when the phoenix landed on the deck.

"Wha-?"

Don't trust them, Keir! Remember, we're all enemies again!

Keir ignored Fenrir and looked up at Lea.

"Does he do this often?" Keir asked, motioning towards the bird. Keir was trying to figure out it the phoenix was inviting him to ride or was about to eat him.

Phoenix was regarding Keir with his head tilted off to one side, a strangely pigeon-like look that didn't seem to suit him.
"Human, you probably couldn't sit on my back if you wanted to. I'm hot enough to scald and burn most people." Phoenix's beak clicked quietly every few words. His voice was rougher than it usually was in Lea's mind. Lea smiled apologetically at Keir.
"Don't mind him. He's just being rude for the sake of it. He does it round guys." She slipped off the bird's back, then concentrated for a few seconds. The creature faded from existence, tucking itself neatly into the back of her head. "Think of him as my overprotective big brother, if you like. It's about as close to understanding his reaction as most people get."

Lea, you're going to pay for that, you realise.
You can't stay angry with me and you know it. I'll let you back out when you decide you've got better things to do than irritate my companions. An image of a humanoid Phoenix flipped her the finger in her mind, clearly irritated. Lea shoved the image to one side and bounced to Keir's side. She kept a bit of a distance, not entirely sure where she stood with personal space.

"Well, let's get going then. Guess I'm walking for once."

You should leave her, Master. She is an enemy now. You may have been allies for a moment, but-

Crazy old dog, stop worrying! Nothing will stop me when the time comes.

"Sorry, I suppose it is my fault," he said. It hadn't taken him long to get over the harshness of the bird. He offered Lea an arm. "Shall we go then, Lea?"

Rens eyes brightened at the sight of the water ball. "Oh, thats so co-" But silenced herself when Nameera excused herself. "Oh, well... bai." Her voice had lost it's joy, and she no longer seemed as happy. "Why do I always feel like this when someone leaves?" She looked to Panther. "Well, when you get close enough to someone, your auras mingle, and begin feeding off each other. Sometimes it gets over balanced for one person (in this case, you), and you get all happy or mad." Ren opened her mouth to ask another question, but Panther cut her off. "I saw it to, but you didn't drain her. Her summon doesn't want people to know anything about her." Ren nodded. "Do you think others believe in auras?" Panther snorted. "A lot don't, but I do. And you do too." Ren sighed. "Well, shes right, lets get get something to eat.... wait. I don't have anything to pay..." I'm not even sure what their money looks like. Or if i have to pay. I feel stupid. She sighed and moved to a bench. Sitting down, she cast a fleeting glance at the people milling around, then pulled out her fan. She twirled it around, throwing to from hand to hand, blades flashing. "Water Lily, you seem to be deep in thought." Ren didn't answer, but kept twirling the fan. She frowned and muttered something in Japanese when she saw that her hands still had the flame designs.

Hayner had been sleeping in a somewhat peaceful manner. His dreams were completely disorienting and threw him off quite a bit. At first he was in his hometown talking with some of his friends, then he was quickly whisked away to a burned down village and covered in blood. Moments after the bloody scene he was brought to the gates of the town seeing ash covered villagers who were shouting and throwing stones at him, his body had been battered and bruised by the stones as he left in shame. The further along his dream went the more confusing it became as memories started to mix and distort each other. For a while Hayner had been tossing and turning in bed during his disturbing and horrifying dream until he felt something clamp down upon his shoulder and hold him down like a weight.

It seemed to be hours later that Hayner finally began to stir. As his body slowly became conscious he could feel something getting up and darting out of the room after a bit of scurrying and noise. It was only moments before that his eyes slowly crawled open. At first everything was blurry but as his mind came to recognize his awakening his eyes began to blink and clear up his vision. Hayner let his body sprawl out a bit and felt a warm spot against his arm to his left. His mind tried to process what could have made the heat when he recalled the events of last night and how he had basically kidnapped another summoner to his room. She had been passed out and he could only imagine what she might have thought when she awoke in his room missing her skirt and most of the rest of her clothes. He shook his head vigorously to get the thoughts out.

As Hayner sat upright in bed he realized that his clothes were beginning to smell from his sweat mixed with the salt water and even blood from not only himself but the other summoners that he killed on the ship from last night. He undressed and folded his clothes neatly before opening his bag and grabbing the spare set. Once he had donned his outfit he peeked his head out the door and realized that the boat had docked. He silently cursed to himself as he saw that most of the summoners had already dispersed and went about their own business. Most of the summoners that he had talked to or been within their vicinity had shown off their summons foolishly. Hayner only shook his head and retreated back into his room before pulling out a rather strange looking cloak. The cloak was completely black save for the red flame design that seemed to be licking at it trying to consume it whole. As he finished putting on his cloak he pulled up the hood which was pure black, as he finished pulling the hood up he reached down near his neck and pulled up a face mask which covered up to his nose leaving only his eyes visible.

The moment he was finished getting dressed and making sure that all his weaponry and other odds and ends were packed up he left the room. Not a thing of his was left in the room save for some blood and dead skin that had fallen off. He walked off the boat silently without so much as a nod or word to any of the other summoners. He had seen Lea walking away with Keir towards the docks while the woman with wings walked towards the alleyways. There were some other summoners around that seemed to be rather relaxed and in their elements on top of buildings or other various areas. The diversity of languages and people barraged his senses as he walked along the docks towards the inn that had been pointed out to another of the summoners. Hayner walked through the door and rummaged through his bag pulling out several currencies that he had gathered from his travels. He was hoping that one of them would be accepted for some food and drink. As he stared up at the waiter he could feel his dry throat clench when he tried to swallow, his stomach growling at the same time. It was obvious he was hungry and in little to no mood for conversation. The waitress instantly went to grab him food and something to drink. Once the small platter of what seemed to be cooked steak and a glass of a strange dark blue liquid was set in front of him Hayner removed his face mask but left the hood up as he began to eat.

Serena walked down the stairs to investigate. Hopefully she could get an idea of what she is up against. She knows winning is not all about power it's also about who you know playing mind games is a way to win too. Who are you kidding Serena like you would be able to con people it is against your very soul, which is why you should not get close to anyone knowing you, you would sacrifice yourself to protect them. "I won't do that I am determined to win, or at least make it pretty far I have to prove my worth." She knew this is where she was supposed to be, and that this was the beginning of something she would never regret. So kitsune was right there was no way Serena could use anyone but she would use all of her strength to win. Looking around she saw a lot of interesting people some with their summons other hiding them two girls talking about something one using fire the other water. "There sure are a lot of competitors."

The night did not bring a restful sleep to the young Chimera summoner. Her bed sheets were spread among her bed in a mingled criss-cross pattern. The bed linens were soak with perspiration from the nights events of rolling and tossing in her sleep. All nigth long the Chimera hounded her dreams and savagely exerted its dominance over their joint soul. All the while, the young summoner could only whimper for help that would
nver come.

The sun shone through the small window of the small room. The warmth of this light eased the younger summoner from het sleep. Still, no amount of warmth could chisel away at the coldness that her fear of the Chimera brought on to her. Her eyes fluttered open then her body eased out of the bed. A sudden howl from the Chimera brought her to her senses. She then decided to look out the window and to her amazement, they arrived. Though this amazement didn't last long as she realized that this was one more step towards the end of some summoner's lives. She shuttered at the thought before motivating herself to leave the confines of her room.

With the door shut behind her, Nameless made her way to the deck. Her first sight was of the man from the night before who had played music before the ship was attacked. She wanted to greet the man who looked like he was sadden by something however the snarls from the Chimera persuaded her not to take that action. Cringing a little from the pain she was witnessing, Nameless decided to unboard the ship. With each step she took, the pain only grew more intensed. So much so that her wincing had caused her to stumble into a girl in a red dress and a boy with animalistic ears.

With the sun bathing his burdened being, Ameen found himself lost in his thoughts. Farah had visited him but he thought she was long gone from him. The women he loved so much was no longer in this world but Ameen was sure that he could have saved her. If he was strong enough he could have prevented Ifrit from tearing her soul asunder. His hands clenched the railing as his mind relived that horrid moment. The flames of Ifrit burning her flesh as he ripped her soul to shreds, caused tears to trickle down his cheeks.

Lina hated to see her master like this. She knew he was strong but knew that his only weakness was a woman that he could never have again. She brought her small hand to her master's eyes and wiped away the tears as best as she could. A smile grew upon her face as she heard her beloved master chuckle.

"Why am I shedding tears when there is still daylight to be spent?" Ameen wiped the rest of his tears with his sleeve then his laying his eyes on his summon. "Lina my dear, life is too short to waste such precious daylight. With that said, how about we explore this town and see what merrymaking can be done. hm?" Laughing his hardy laugh, Lina couldn't help but grin at his usual jovial self. "Master, I think it would be wiser to scope out the competition than to make merrymaking ensue." however her words fell on deaf ears as Ameen made his way off the boat and into the crowded streets below.

A huge grin played at Ameen's face to Lina's embarrassment. He made it his mission to greet the folks he passed or at least bid them a good morning. Some people responded in kind while others ignored him. Then without realizing it, he stumbled onto the ground with a body beneath him. A few seconds passed before his daze ceased. Under him laid a girl covered with bandages. Quickly, Ameen lifted himself off her and helped her off the ground; apologizing as he did so.
"Miss, I am terribly sorry for such a foul deed I have done onto you. Is there anyway I can make up for this injustice? You only have to say it and I will go about accomplishing it with haste."
Lina floated back onto her master's shoulder, sighing as she watched her master apologizing to the girl.

Delfina looked up from her hands in time to notice the girl in the corner leaving and another person entering. The blue hair girl certainly captivated her interest. At this, she could hear Harpy giggling like a school girl. Delfina sighed and rose from her chair intent on finding this blue hair girl. She slowly made her way out the building with her wings folded. The crowd of people seemed to be increasing. Delfina looked around hoping to see where the girl had gotten to. Her eyesight eventually zoomed on the girl and Delfina made haste to reach her.

"Mind if I join you?" she said as she stood in front of the girl while her heart started ti beat faster than usual.

A female voice broke the silence of Nameera's mind. At first, she was a tad agitated but when she realized it was the woman from the inn, her blush immediately arose. She patted the spot next to her on the bench and smiled sweetly. "what is wrong Ketina? The strength of attraction take your words?" Kaito's comment somehow encouraged her to talk. "I'm Nameera," she said softly then glanced back at the inn. "I saw you in there." "I saw you in there?" Kaito scoffed. Nameera sighed with frustration at her spirits comments. She examined the other woman's face, coming to a stop at her lips. Quickly she caught herself and looked out over the ocean, resting her chin in her hands. "I used to live by the ocean," Nameera said in a wistful manner. "I always used to sit out on the sand just before sunset so I could catch the sun dip below the horizon. At that moment, it always seemed that I could feel the earth sigh and relax."

Irthir had been walking for several minutes in peace before she was stopped by a merchant." Please take a look at this rare emerald, it is known as a good luck charm." Irthir shook her head and began again on her path to no where when the man stopped her again." Please just take a look at my wares... you will enjoy them." Irthir sighed," No thank you sir." The man grinned," Please just..." He was cut short by Sphinx's deep growls and Irthir felt her summon's anger surprised at the sphinx speaking aloud." Allow me to get rid of this pest for you my dear..." With a laugh Irthir shook her head."It's fine Nurveen... he is just a merchant." The sphinx continued to growl but allowed Irthir to buy a small ruby necklace. The merchant thanked her, going on his merry way." See how easy that was." Nurveen just sighed and went to sleep, still angry with the man. Irthir laughed again and continued to walk. She was nearing the hotel when she felt someone bump into her, and with nothing to catch herself with she fell, the person in question falling with her. For a few second the person didn't move, but surely enough she felt the extra weight shift off of her. She felt someone pull her up and she heard a man apologize. It took a second for everything to kick in, and Irthir blushed. "Miss, I am terribly sorry for such a foul deed I have done onto you. Is there anyway I can make up for this injustice? You only have to say it and I will go about accomplishing it with haste." Using the book as a guide she saw the man, was truly sorry and she shook her head. She smiled," It's okay, I mean it was an accident so don't worry about it!" It had been a while since she had even talked to a man, much less bump into one and she felt awkward." He can give me his head on a platter..." Irthir got the mental image of Nurveen glared at the man intently as she growled, woken from her nap by the fall. Irthir sighed and in the moment of silence her stomach growled. Her blush deepened and she lowered her head, staring at the ground. " Don't mind her, though if you really will do anything, buying me something to eat would do fine..." Nurveen's eyes opened in surprise and she spoke to only Irthir again, " He falls on you and you ask him to give you food... and from another summoner no less..." Irthir frowned at the ground for a moment before looking back up at the man and smiling again, hoping her blush had faded. Don't judge me Nurveen... I haven't eaten since last night...The sphinx looked on concerned but said nothing.

Thom smiled widely as he and Raithen stepped off of the boat. With Raithen clutched close to him, Thom felt strong. But that strength lasted until his foot touched the wooden dock and he noticed the new summoners were much more frightening than previously believed. "I-I'd like that." He said, in response to Raithen's earlier question. "B-but I'd like... to g-go get some food. There... Ah... s-seems to be some i-interesting shops here... a-a-and I don't r-really like..." Thom looked around nervously, hoping Raithen would pick up what he was trying to say. "T-the crowds."

------------------------------

Akira strut along the docks, pushing back summoners and moving towards the in he was staying at. He was sick of the young amateurs, thinking this was more of a game. But Akira stopped as his eyes caught a glimpse of a fox-girl. First he shrugged it off and passed her, until he smelt the summoner's bond with her summon. It was strange. Usually the sent of a summoner and their summon was dull, but the young woman had a very strong connection with her summon. Something about the sent was... familiar.

"Hey bijin." He hissed, approaching the woman and licking his forked tongue over his lips. "Your summon there. What is it? A cat, or a wolf? I'm just a bit curious. I'd say you'd put up a bit of a fight. Am I wrong?"