Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iApollo

Original poster
~Introduction~
Hello! My name is Apollo and I'm 17 (I'll be 18 in August :D) I've been role-playing for a little over six years and have been an off-and-on member of this wonderful role-playing community for almost three years. I haven't had much time for roleplaying in the past few months due to high school graduation and other school-related priorities. Anyway, I'm pretty much down to do any type of role-play. New and exciting is fantastic, but I don't mind kicking it back with some of the classics. I will list a few pre-made roleplay plots, however we can brainstorm something together if you don't find any of them interesting!

Role-play Elements/Things I'm Interested In:
Action
Romance
Sci-Fi
Futuristic
Apocalyptic/Post-Apocalyptic (Non-Zombie, unless you can provide an original plot of some sort)
Military
Magical

Things that are a General No-Go:
MxM romantic pairings
Romance without plot

I Could Make You Care
Slots Filled: [1/2]
Tags: Romance, Conspiracy, Crime, Mystery, Noir

I Could Make You Care is a little different from my other roleplays in that the characters are more or less pre-determined. The roleplay is set in a small town where everyone that lives there has lived there their entire lives. A girl's mother mysteriously disappears three years prior to the start of the story. She is deemed dead, but the closed casket leaves much to be desired in the way of closure. The girl never was able to say goodbye to her mother. The official story was that she was in a brutal car accident. The girl becomes curious and starts poking around where she doesn't belong and is eventually led to believe that her mother is still alive (I'm leaving it vague on purpose and I'll let whomever plays the female character decide all of the minute details.)

A new family moves into town consisting of a mother, a father, a young girl, and a teen-aged boy. The boy is a little quirky and stand-offish, but comes off as insanely bright. He doesn't seem to care about much other than becoming the most knowledgable person in the world. Clearly, he has some god-complex of himself.

The girl that was mentioned earlier, the loner that she is, reluctantly calls upon her new neighbor to help her find out what is going on in this town. Her reasoning for choosing him is because he's a new face and he's the least likely to be involved in whatever is going on.

In this roleplay I would very much so prefer to play the male character.

Half a World Away
Slots Filled: [0/2]
Tags: Video Game/Romance/Action/Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk/Virtual-Reality/Dystopia (potentially)

Two people meet each other on an online MMORPG. After playing the game together for weeks on end, the two develop an attraction towards one another. However, once they get to talking and share their feelings, they realize that they're on two completely different sides of the world (or country depending on what you'd prefer in the roleplay itself.) This takes one of the characters (or both) on a huge journey to find each other. The problem is, they're teenagers and have very limited options for transportation for long distances. This roleplay could turn out in more than a few ways, for instance: the two meeting up, deciding not to pursue the relationship, deciding to wait it out, or something in between.

Blood Money
Slots Filled [1/2]
Tags: Action/Romance (potentially)/Post-apocalypse (nuclear)/Magic (potentially)

Blood Money is set 200 years after the bombs drop in a global nuclear war. Every continent is bombed to shreds, save for Antarctica. What used to be known as civilization is no more. Following the firestorms of the nuclear devastation, soot in the atmosphere and the nuclear fallout cause the planet to practically freeze over. Snow covers the grounds for as much as one inch in previously tropical climates, while covering the poles entirely. The only habitable zones are within 1,500 miles of the equator. The majority of destruction takes place in the big cities of major world powers for instance: New York, The District of Colombia, London, Beijing, Moscow, New Delhi, Islamabad, Berlin, etc. Other cities were not spared, but were hit with more conventional bombs. Suffice to say, world civilizations and governments crumbled.

The Story is set in the Northeastern United States. The biggest city in the region is simply known as The Hub. The city is located north of modern-day Portland Oregon and is characterized by its enormous walls made of metal. The size is massive and the city functions as one of the few civilized cities in the region with a government and a sense of law-enforcement that doesn't consist of "shootin' the motherfucker" for stealing your sweetroll. The city also functions as a neutral ground that has been unconquerable by either of the two main factions in the region- The Empire and The Legion. The Empire represents absolute control and old-world monarchy. Many of the members wear enormous suits of high-tech metal armor that soak bullets like it's nothing. The Legion are a group of tribes that have either conquered or submitted to the Warlord. The Legion, more numerous than The Empire, rely on hit-and-run tactics to destroy there opponents. They are ruthless and see killing merely as a chore.

This is the pre-made plotline I have for this roleplay, but we can do something different if this isn't desired.
One of the characters is a bounty hunter, and the other is a runaway from a technophile group of people known as The Proxima. The Proxima are the only group that are more technologically advanced than The Empire. Where they fall short, however, is in numbers. Their primary goal is to find and preserve old world technology. The girl's mother was a born and raised member of the Proxima, however the father was an outsider. After the parents fled the Proxima due to ideological differences, they were tracked down and subsequently murdered. The daughter was taken back to Proxima and was inserted into a family to be raised as their own.

Where the roleplay gets its flair is that the bounty hunter character is made to track down the runaway daughter who has left the Proxima in search for her father's old house. Within the house, however, is something far more horrible than she imagined. The two characters will somehow team up and the rest is to be determined. I want the roleplay to be fairly open-ended so I'm leaving it at this. I would prefer to play the bounty hunter, but I don't have to.

Planet X-427
Tags: Action/Crime/Romance (potentially)/Magic/Sci-Fi/Dystopia

This is my brain child and one of the few role-plays that I have thoroughly thought out and have given in-depth lore to. However, I'm not too opposed to adding alterations to the original plot and backstory, it is truly whatever we create.

A few hundred years in the future, the Earth has become massively overpopulated and genocide has now become commonplace. The political and social elite decide to slaughter the populace of Earth with millions perishing daily. Meanwhile, for the previous forty years, an organization known as the Other World Exploration League (OWEL) has attempted peaceful solution to the overpopulation crisis. For hundreds of years, humanity has searched for nearby habitable planets that could be reached within a person's lifetime. However, foreseeing the massacre, OWEL expedites this process by opening up to the private sector for investment and offers colonization opportunities in return for the low low price of your life and all your possessions. The people that are allowed to become colonists, however, must meet certain criteria. For instance, they must be proficient in a certain type of trade or academic profession, they must be healthy and fertile, and they must be willing to do whatever is necessary to reproduce and keep humanity alive.

Multiple spacecrafts are sent out of Earth's atmosphere days after the mass slaughter began. The crafts carried populations nearing millions each, cryogenically frozen of course. The crafts are sent to the most likely planets to be hospitable. Planet X-427 was one of them. The planet is, over the course of three-hundred years, colonized to a fourth of the total landmass. As opposed to expanding outward into the unknown, they have chosen to expand upwards. The human population on the planet all live within the same mega-city. This cyberpunk city is built vertically with multiple layers hovering harmlessly above one another.

(The next three paragraphs are specifications of the world and nerdy science-fiction shit. The last paragraph will more or less explain the plot. It just didn't make sense with the flow to put it before the specification. I really recommend you read it, especially if you're on the fence about the idea.)

The entire top layer is devoted to industry and manufacturing, the majority of which is automated. The second layer is devoted to the super wealthy and the political elite with a small central commercial district that serves the residents of the second layer only. The third layer is the mass commercial layer which is where all of the shopping is done. The outskirts do have some households for the middle class. The fourth layer is where the rest of the middle class resides. The fifth and final layer is where the bottom rung of society lives and breeds. This is where the lower class and the rebels reside.

Manaridium is a substance that was found early on in the colonization of X-427. It's a common compound found in the atmosphere that has been proven to be non-toxic and incredibly efficient at changing its form and state of matter. After many years of testing and experimentation, manaridium has been used for many practical applications such as being the floating foundation for each layer of the city and providing speedy transportation between the layers in the shape cylindrical pods.

Harnessing manaridium was very expensive and difficult at first. The early machines would fill entire rooms and just hardly spit out anything worth the energy used to produce it. The machines use the following three parts: a synthesizer where manaridium is taken from the environment around the person, a condenser where the manaridium is readies itself to take the form of its user's imagination, and finally the producer which expels the manaridium into the form desired. This form can range from balls of fire to floating platforms. The devices, called Casters, are about as expensive and common as a smartphone in today's world and look similar to a smart watch as they are worn around the wrist. The controversy of these miracle devices lies within the destructive and unlimited capabilities with these tools. Therefore, the government has placed blockers on all civilian devices that don't allow certain "spells" to be cast with restrictions being lifted if it pertains to one's job. This is where the rebels come in. They don't care for the limitations and will do anything to fight it.

The story takes place between two characters that are residents of the city. They can range from any social status, age, background, or what have you. The characters can either be rebels, military law-enforcement, or of civilian background that eventually join one way or the other. I personally think that the true fun will reside within rebels or perhaps playing two characters per person with one in the rebels and one on the side of "justice."

Emerging into the Unknown
Tags: Action/Romance (potentially)/Survival

This is a role-play that will require tons of character development and will start early in our characters' lives. The characters have lived underground in a vault. This is another colonization attempt made by the same OWEL group in the X-427 role-play. The independent backstory of this one starts when one of the ship's navigation systems completely fails in the spacecraft and sends a group of colonists into a very hostile planet. However, it's still safe for humans to wander (it has oxygen in its atmosphere and a healthy pH level in its water.

The colonists leave their spacecraft and explore the planet. The native inhabitants of the planet watch the colonists from afar. After days of observation, the natives launch an attack and destroy a small chunk of their population (roughly a quarter). The colonists are forced to flee back to the spacecraft. Eventually the natives give up on their attack and retreat to their respective homes. The colonists, unable to stay inside the spacecraft, are forced to retreat into a cave with all of the supplies they could salvage from the spacecraft. From there, they drilled and made an underground vault. Many more humans were lost in valiant efforts to defend against the natives during the drilling.

It took a total of three months to drill a huge opening for everyone to live collectively. Large steel doors block the exit of the vault in order to keep the natives out, and the good guys in. The inhabitants of this new vault had to leave air pockets so that oxygen could be regulated. For the water situation, everything was recycled through a very thorough water purifier. So, in essence, everyone was drinking their own urine and bathwater. Any water that was used for gardening, washing, and showering was the same water that was using for drinking.

The story starts off after the humans have been underground for 300 years. The colonists of this planet have done the exact opposite to those of Planet-X427. Their technology has decreased extraordinarily. However, in some respects, a lot of technology was lost in the innovation of others. Underground farms have been made by replicating the effects of direct sunlight. However, things like weapons and other unnecessary items have either stayed the same or have completely devolved. Many weapons are either muzzle-loaded firearms, or more primitive weapons such as: spears, swords, longbows, and crossbows.

The two main characters start off in their younger years (5 or 6) and live through small portion of it, and it'll highlight main events. Then, once they enter adolescence, there will be skimming of main events much like with the children. Finally, once they reach their late teens and young adult years, they are given a mission. Their mission is to leave the vault and scout the land outside to see how much has changed in the past few centuries and to see if the outside is habitable.

~Guidelines~
These are just a few things I really like in my partners. It's nothing too big, in my opinion. I think that it's necessary to keep in mind that these are not rules, but merely guidelines to keep order among dysfunction.

-I'm not big on waiting. I like partners that can reply relatively fast. Otherwise, I just get really bored. I like more than one or two replies or day, but if that's just not possible....I understand. ^-^ I can get anywhere from 1-10 posts a day depending on what kind of day it is and how many people I'm roleplaying with.

-PLEASE use proper grammar to the best of your abilities. Mistakes here and there are fine. Nobody is perfect, obviously, but proper grammar is much appreciated (outside of in-character dialogue of course.)

-I like my partners to match my post length, and I promise I'll try to do the same. If you just can't match me, tell me, I'll be understanding. Also, if I just know that it's unrealistic to match my partner, I'll tell you.

-Be willing to talk to me! I enjoy talking with my partners and getting to know them, and it makes me feel uncomfortable role-playing with someone that I feel awkward around. Regardless, I'm very approachable and I don't mind talking with people over outside mediums such as Skype or Kik, just ask me :D.

~Final Note~
I hope that all the guidelines above are not too daunting I look forward to role-playing with anyone who will tolerate me ;P. role-playing is one of the few outlets that I have for my creativity, so I like to have tons of partners at once so please don't hesitate to contact me! On a final note, I look forward to role-playing with you. ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Typically I wouldn't be interested in role playing with a blue star ((personal comfort reasons)) but your birthday is next month so I'll give it a shot.

Non zombie apocalypse eh? Good thing I've got a few ideas floating around. Survival types are my favourite.

Typically I wouldn't be interested in role playing with a blue star ((personal comfort reasons)) but your birthday is next month so I'll give it a shot.

Non zombie apocalypse eh? Good thing I've got a few ideas floating around. Survival types are my favourite.

I understand that entirely, that's the whole reason why I decided to include that little tidbit of information. But yeah, shoot me a pm with any ideas you have. Did you look at my post-apocalyptic idea?

Are you OK with medieval fantasy?

Are you OK with reading because I have a lot of plots and even more characters.

Will you give me the honor of being my very first role play partner? This IS a group thing right? I love to talk to so many people, I definitely haven't even role played at all in this site. I don't even know what one would look like... Anyway, whatever it is your planing, I want in... "Can I speak now? Anyway, I'm Samrah, I will ONLY play if there are women, second, I hate anyone that will say ANYTHING bad about women, thirdly I want everybody to RESPECT the women, fourth mmph!! (muffled by unseen power)" We get the point... anyway, we want in. I just wish I know what to do to be able to join...

Will you give me the honor of being my very first role play partner? This IS a group thing right? I love to talk to so many people, I definitely haven't even role played at all in this site. I don't even know what one would look like... Anyway, whatever it is your planing, I want in... "Can I speak now? Anyway, I'm Samrah, I will ONLY play if there are women, second, I hate anyone that will say ANYTHING bad about women, thirdly I want everybody to RESPECT the women, fourth mmph!! (muffled by unseen power)" We get the point... anyway, we want in. I just wish I know what to do to be able to join...

This isn't a group. This is a one-on-one roleplay PARTNER search thread. I'll be happy to roleplay with you, but if you're looking for a group environment you're in the wrong thread section.

I only just read the story right after making this post, It's amazing how alert you are on the messages that are being made, Even though your last comment was in July 16, you're really quick on the uptake. Anyway, I thought it was a group thing because there were some other people in the comments but I guess it'll be fine too. How do I even join a role play? I've never been on one and only created this account early in the morning. "Yeah, so technically, I'm only like, a few hours old. Anyway, as I've said before, I'll only play IF there are women! Since there aren't I won't... (Smack)" It depends on how fun it can be, if Samrah can be the typical woman magnet that he think he is and save some millions of people or some princess... "I want a damsell in distress!! (Smack)" How the hell did you wake up that quickly? Basically, I like the plot. We're excited, nervous and anxious about it.

I only just read the story right after making this post, It's amazing how alert you are on the messages that are being made, Even though your last comment was in July 16, you're really quick on the uptake. Anyway, I thought it was a group thing because there were some other people in the comments but I guess it'll be fine too. How do I even join a role play? I've never been on one and only created this account early in the morning. "Yeah, so technically, I'm only like, a few hours old. Anyway, as I've said before, I'll only play IF there are women! Since there aren't I won't... (Smack)" It depends on how fun it can be, if Samrah can be the typical woman magnet that he think he is and save some millions of people or some princess... "I want a damsell in distress!! (Smack)" How the hell did you wake up that quickly? Basically, I like the plot. We're excited, nervous and anxious about it.

I have email notifications set-up so that whenever anyone sends me a private message or a thread that I'm watching, I'll know that I can respond to it.
Story? Which one? I have like 6 different plots up there.
You can join a roleplay through a variety of ways. I think of Iwaku as a hub of roleplayers, not necessarily a host for roleplays. While it does serve that purpose by having other dedicated threads where you can publicly roleplay with your partner, I use Iwaku to find partners and then I personally decide with them how we want to roleplay. I've connected with partners on here and have done roleplays through email, skype, hell even text at one point. I don't like to give out my phone number or roleplay like that for the most part, but circumstances necessitated it. The way I normally roleplay is through Iwaku's private message feature.

I personally like 'Emerging into the Unknown' since i love those types of plots, strange lands, 'we're just trying to survive' feel to it. I strangely love the feeling of being helpless in the midst of powerful beings but later on being able to do something special to change our fates. So role playing here, I know text based role plays, but I'm curious as to, is there a different page or chat to play on so it is 'officially written' or is just like a chat where people only see what the others type in. I'm interested to know...

There's both. Like I was saying, as partners we could roleplay through the private message function and only us two would see it. However, we could also post on a public thread on this website and other people could view it.

"*nods understandably* I guess I can go with a thread just like this one. Hey, just make sure some women are in the scene to see me! After all, we will be trapped in some sort of a planet, we'll need to repopulate *chuckles greedily*" That's all you ever think about. I'm after the glory you'll get once you did something special on the mission. "Exactly! I want to have the ladies hear of my heroics! When I come home, everybody will be jumping on me!! *laughs maniacally*" Even the ugly ones. "There is no such person as an ugly woman, there are only fat women, big teeth women, and chipped tooth women. The only types I least like." Well, we're all about it. I'm ready when you are... 'Emerging into the Unknown'.

Status
Not open for further replies.