Summer's Dream (2)

Rayne smiled warmly to Dionna, she thinks was her name,Rayne has seen her about but yet again, because she was quite shy never said anything.
"Thanks, whether I'll be able to use it is another matter altogether though" She looked at the wooden spear she fashioned with a grin.
"I'm glad the light path disappeared, aren't you I though the laughter and the glow..was just a bit eerie.."
Rayne she her head flicking her black and white hair behind her back and then rubbing the sleeve of her hoodie.

Travis nodded. "Well, the chestnut path it is!" He grinned.

Just then the woman's nails grew, turning into long claw-like weapons. She started going towards Wren. Travis grabbed his weapon and nearly lunged at her to protect Wren, but she soon turned into a little field mouse, dappled a light shade of pink. It tackled Wren's foot but she kicked it away. Travis laughed.
The old man grinned and spoke up. "Ohohoho, I'm glad you weren't deceived by the route that seems most beautiful... but be careful about what seems secure, too!" Soon, both he and the mouse disappeared, along the with the pink path. Travis looked around and then frowned.
"Aw, I didn't get to find out if they were aliens or not..." He shrugged, and his frown was replaced by a smile again.
"Guess we're going this way then, huh?" Wren said, a worried tone in her voice. She was smiling, but Travis could see it was more or less strained.
Travis laughed again and gently slapped her shoulder. "Hey, don't sweat it. We chose good." He turned towards the other. "I have a stick and--" He gestured towards Rayne. "--she has a spear, so we'll stay in front. We have weapons." He smiled at Rayne. "What do you think?"

Rayne nodded to Travis.
"Sure thing, you can hit and I can stab.." she gripped the spear tighter now and stood tall, it was good to have something to do.
"And it would make sense for us to be at the front yeah" she smiled and look ahead her eyes scanning the floor and along the sides of the path.
"I know a bit about plants and stuff, maybe we'll find some edible plants along the way too.. I mean I know that's the head of wild onions." she pointed to a flowery plant near a tree.

Jeff stood, silently watching the group as they decided to take the dark path. He would rather take the brighter path himself, since that would at least offer some sort of guidance, and the light would let them see if anything tried attacking them, whereas the dark path was, well, dark, and they might not be able to see anything that attacked them before it was too late. Either way, he didn't not to interject, since pointless bickering about which path to take would just waste time.

He stepped towards the dark path, and looked back at the group, "Well, are we going down this path, or what?"

Everyone present in the clearing seemed determined to go down the brown path, which was exactly what Wren had thought was the best course of action, too. Everyone seemed apprehensive but what more could they do? They had nowhere to go, save for using one of the paths. It didn't seem safe but nothing in the area seemed safe.

Wren started walking down the dark brown path, bending to examine the earthy mushrooms scattered along the sides. The smell of herbs and mud permeated the air, which was strangely warmer than the air had been before. Wren felt oddly comforted by the surroundings, letting her guard fall a little down the path. Completely unexpected, one of the trees had a sign on it. There were white symbols painted on the sign, not even a recognizable language but the sign of civilization nonetheless.

Wren pointed, excited, to the sign. "Let's go that way!" She looked around to see how the others were holding up behind her lead.