3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Magical girl, action, science fiction
You came to the Swann House running away from something - your parents, your boyfriend, a life you couldn't live. Or you were looking for something you never found. But you made it here, to this home for runaways. They took you into this full-roomed place, saturated with color. And you learned there was no way out.

No, you learned what the Swann House really was: a brothel, a den of devils for you to to dance for. Literally. Within its walls, your only sustenance was food, water, clothes and makeup. You never saw any of the money - perhaps this place was a front for some shady business. No patron would take you away, and the house killed anyone who stopped bringing in money. The only people on your side were the other dancers. You drifted between reality and fantasy. And you resolved to leave this place.

This RP is inspired heavily by the film Sucker Punch - brought to an unforgiving place by tragic circumstance, characters band together to make an escape, drifting from a harsh reality into action-fantasy reveries as they collect the items needed to get out. The major difference is the setting (a shelter for runaways rather than a mental ward, modern times, and the brothel being a reality). Expect a gritty tone that shifts to badass action and back again.

There is a catch to this: I am looking for someone to GM this.

I have time, and obviously I'm into the idea; I just would rather not run it. I would like to be a player. I am willing to GM it if nobody else wants to. However, it would be ideal for me if someone else offered to control NPCs, run the plot, accept characters, and otherwise take up the mantle of GM. I would of course give the creative freedom to modify the tags and information above, as long as you could still call it a "Sucker Punch-inspired RP". Whoever wants to GM it would be free to "make it their own".

Regardless of who GMs it, is anyone interested in this idea?

EDIT: my intent for this was to get 4-6 players, plus a GM who can decide if they want to play a dancer or not.

Last edited:
**JUMPS UP AND DOWN LIKE A MANIAC**
I WOULD SOO LOVE TO DO THIS RP. I NEVER GMED BEFORE BUT IF NO ONE ELSE COMES AROUND I COULD TAKE IT UP. I AM CO-GMING AN RP SO SHOULDN'T BE TOO HARD TO GMING AN RP WITH AN IDEA THAT I LOVE XD.
0c683e7368c9507e8bf1a1a6747b83aa.gif

Talking in caps because excited XD.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mollisol
**JUMPS UP AND DOWN LIKE A MANIAC**
I WOULD SOO LOVE TO DO THIS RP. I NEVER GMED BEFORE BUT IF NO ONE ELSE COMES AROUND I COULD TAKE IT UP. I AM CO-GMING AN RP SO SHOULDN'T BE TOO HARD TO GMING AN RP WITH AN IDEA THAT I LOVE XD.
0c683e7368c9507e8bf1a1a6747b83aa.gif

Talking in caps because excited XD.​
This makes me really happy to read! I'm glad you're interested, and I would be happy to let you GM.

ME!!!!!!!!!!

This makes me really happy to read! I'm glad you're interested, and I would be happy to let you GM.
OH cool XD. Lol.
Player or GM, I'm in this. Albeit, a bit less enthused than @Vaniteux
Hey!!!!!! XD. I am just naturally an excited person. And if you can GM that would be cool **still a bit scared to gm an entire group rp** XD.

Well, this garnered interest quickly! That's encouraging.

OH cool XD. Lol.

Hey!!!!!! XD. I am just naturally an excited person. And if you can GM that would be cool **still a bit scared to gm an entire group rp** XD.
If you're scared, you don't have to. I was going to let this get 4-5 people other than me interested (so whoever wanted to GM wouldn't be overwhelmed), and pick who the GM would be based on who was willing and by asking them what "posting expectation" level they wrote at. I wasn't expecting this to get so much interest so quickly, and although it makes me happy, I don't want to ask anyone to do anything they're not comfortable with.

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Well, this garnered interest quickly! That's encouraging.

If you're scared, you don't have to. I was going to let this get 4-5 people other than me interested (so whoever wanted to GM wouldn't be overwhelmed), and pick who the GM would be based on who was willing and by asking them what "posting expectation" level they wrote at. I wasn't expecting this to get so much interest so quickly, and although it makes me happy, I don't want to ask anyone to do anything they're not comfortable with.
No, no, no XD. I would love to GM, but just see if someone else would do it. I'm not that scared of doing it XD. Just never did it, it would be fun to be GM if anything XD. But thanks for that lol.

Can tag people later if anything who would be up for the rp and possibly gm. But gotta go now, be back^^.

It's totally cool. I've carried a larger group than what's expected(8-10 people), and I'm quite inventive as a writer. You get used to it, buddy.

No, no, no XD. I would love to GM, but just see if someone else would do it. I'm not that scared of doing it XD. Just never did it, it would be fun to be GM if anything XD. But thanks for that lol.

Can tag people later if anything who would be up for the rp and possibly gm. But gotta go now, be back^^.
Okay, I understand! I'm gonna wait until we get one or two more people, and then ask you and Enigma and anyone else who's interested about writing and stuff.

If we haven't gotten two more people by the time you get back, I would love it if you tagged people!

EDIT: I'm gonna add this to the first post, but I'm hoping we get a group of 4-6 players, plus the GM (who can choose if they want to play a dancer or not).

Last edited:
  • Love
I feel like I've got too much on my rp plate right now. Thank you for the tag though!

I'm in

Hey~hey~^^!!

The Boo Girlie is interested!

But! Regular rundown: what is posting level, post frequency, can we play multi charries?

Thanks ya! ;D

Hey~hey~^^!!

The Boo Girlie is interested!

But! Regular rundown: what is posting level, post frequency, can we play multi charries?

Thanks ya! ;D

That depends on what the GM wants, ultimately. Personally, my ideal RP has a posting expectation of intermediate to advanced, posts semiweekly, and I would lobby against multiple characters due to wanting to keep this to a medium or small size. But, whoever I choose to GM (Enigma or Vaniteux) will make those decisions.

Speaking of which, @Vaniteux and @Enigma , could you please answer some questions for me?
  • What "posting expectation" level would you personally say you write at?
  • What "posting expectation" level do you envision for this RP?
  • What posting speed do you envision for this RP?
  • Finally, what's your stance on multiple charas for this RP?
I'm going to pick the GM based on the answers to these questions.

What "posting expectation" level would you personally say you write at?:

I want to say that I write at an advanced level. But, honestly, I write at the level that I would want to read a story. I try to put my best forward, both grammatically and in terms of plot. I love making a plot ten times better with my ideas. And I use every resource I can to bring a sense of depth to whatever I'm writing.

What "posting expectation" level do you envision for this RP?:

Intermediate to Advanced. I've come to notice that it's sorta hard to get into an RP on this site(or at the very least, convoluted). But, I always want the best experience when playing. I propose that this project accepts characters based on merit and not how fast a CS(character sheet) is placed. To bring out the best in people you have to set expectations that surpass the norm.

What posting speed do you envision for this RP?:

The most comfortable speed I can envision is a twice a day schedule with a 2 paragraph minimum. If people can post more than that, it's welcomed. But I won't decline someone who wants to be part of just because they have things to do IRL.

Finally, what's your stance on multiple charas for this RP?:

For proper immersion, I would agree on having multiple characters per person--if they can handle it. A forced character sticks out more than a naked elderly person in a supermarket parking lot. If you find yourself becoming super attached to a well written and executed character I'd rather you only play that person and not stretch yourself. But, if you can handle more, who am I to say no?

That depends on what the GM wants, ultimately. Personally, my ideal RP has a posting expectation of intermediate to advanced, posts semiweekly, and I would lobby against multiple characters due to wanting to keep this to a medium or small size. But, whoever I choose to GM (Enigma or Vaniteux) will make those decisions.

Speaking of which, @Vaniteux and @Enigma , could you please answer some questions for me?
  • What "posting expectation" level would you personally say you write at?
  • What "posting expectation" level do you envision for this RP?
  • What posting speed do you envision for this RP?
  • Finally, what's your stance on multiple charas for this RP?
I'm going to pick the GM based on the answers to these questions.
1: I am an adaptable Writer. Meaning, I can write novels or small paragraphs, it just depends on who I am writing with and what they bring to the table. I am more of an action writer. The type that moves the plot along more than anything else. I have been known to write lengthy posts and sometimes shorter posts, but if anything my posts are at least ten sentences three paragraph type of posts. Nothing less than three paragraphs of ten sentences and so on. I get inspired by what is happening around me. My ideas come from what's going on. I take a more creative freedom approach to my posts, never expecting something and always adding more to the story. Bringing some fresh and new.

2: I think Intermediate and up. We want people that can handle big posts since I expect for that to happen if the rp is going to last long. I know I'm not the best in the grammar department but as long as the spelling is on point, I think that should be enough. At least three or more paragraphs a post. There will be enough happening in the rp to at least do that each post.

3: I'm in an rp where people posts at least three times a week, but that might be too much for some people in this rp. I am just getting bad from a long break because of real life so I know how that goes. At least say two posts a week would be nice, depending on how the rp progresses. So no one feels left behind but at the same time no one feels like it's moving too slow.

4: Look XD. I've played maybe ten characters in one rp before so I know all about the fun of multiple characters. Though Sucker Punch wasn't a big cast of people, we could make a spin on this if people want to add more characters into this. Say two for each player, since if we have too many might take a long while for the rp to move forward, if one person has ten characters and they aren't posting with all ten fast enough.

Alright... after some deliberation...

I'm gonna ask @Vaniteux to GM this. @Enigma , you didn't do anything wrong; I just feel that Vaniteux's post just aligns more with what I was hoping for.

That all said: Vaniteux, feel free to set things up whenever you like. You can take the information I wrote in the first post and "make it your own"; you're the GM now, so I'd say you're responsible for making the OOC and signups, accepting characters however you see fit, and moderating the game OOC before all the IC stuff happens. This is no longer mine. Thanks for stepping up ^u^

(Well, there is one request I'd like to make of you when I hand you control. You don't have to follow it, it's tiny, but:

I'd really love it if, like in the film Sucker Punch, our characters only went by "pet names" rather than real names.
)

• Love
Alright... after some deliberation...

I'm gonna ask @Vaniteux to GM this. @Enigma , you didn't do anything wrong; I just feel that Vaniteux's post just aligns more with what I was hoping for.

That all said: Vaniteux, feel free to set things up whenever you like. You can take the information I wrote in the first post and "make it your own"; you're the GM now, so I'd say you're responsible for making the OOC and signups, accepting characters however you see fit, and moderating the game OOC before all the IC stuff happens. This is no longer mine. Thanks for stepping up ^u^

(Well, there is one request I'd like to make of you when I hand you control. You don't have to follow it, it's tiny, but:

I'd really love it if, like in the film Sucker Punch, our characters only went by "pet names" rather than real names.
)
I got GM...
top-10-vines-of-the-week-scared.gif

Just Kidding. I was hoping to get it. I think it's about time I tried gming^^. This is going to be fun. I'll work on the ooc and sheet in a bit^^. Thank you for trusting me with this... everyone^^.

And of course. The Pet Names. If that didn't happen then this wouldn't be Sucker Punch XD. But working on some posts then will get to work on this^^. Might PM you here and there if I have ideas, just in case. I know you gave this to me but still would love to hear from you and @Enigma if allowed XD.​

I got GM...
top-10-vines-of-the-week-scared.gif

Just Kidding. I was hoping to get it. I think it's about time I tried gming^^. This is going to be fun. I'll work on the ooc and sheet in a bit^^. Thank you for trusting me with this... everyone^^.

And of course. The Pet Names. If that didn't happen then this wouldn't be Sucker Punch XD. But working on some posts then will get to work on this^^. Might PM you here and there if I have ideas, just in case. I know you gave this to me but still would love to hear from you and @Enigma if allowed XD.​
I'm glad you're so enthusiastic about this! It bodes well.

Alright, that's fine! And I'm totally okay with you getting feedback from me and/or Enigma.

Status
Not open for further replies.