Such is an odd living...

Rich turned in anger from the pain. He dismissed it when he seen it was her. In some dismay, the head shook. Sighing, and looking down he softly spoke.

"One of them got away. I don't know if they were looking for me or you. Either way, I think we should get out here. It's important that we go someplace safe. I will be able to nurse your wounds, if we go to my place. Once I get some supplies, I will have to disappear."

He was coming up with this, on the fly. Thinking on his feet, was one of his talents.

"
Ma'am, will everything be okay?" He asked.

The elderly woman nodded.

"I get that we have to find a safe place to reside, but really? If you did disappear on your own, wouldn't it be even more dangerous for you?"

Krystal leaned against the wall and spoke once again. "Plus on top of that, I know that both of us has this deep dark secret that's somehow related to all this mess, right?"

She leaned against the dented wall.

His eyes watched her body, as Krystal leaned against the dented wall. Rich, looking away, peer out the window.

"
You do have a point. I guess, I am just not thinking clearly.The police will be here soon, though. We should at least try to treat your wounds. Our secrets can be discussed, when we get out of here."

Krystal looked up at the sound of sirens. The police barged through the broken door, examining ever nook and cranny of the place. They interigated the elderly women, hoping she would know anything about the goons on the floor. Krystal left the building, not wanting to answer to the police.

"Better not have the government involved..."

Rich laughed.

"
Normally, I would say that they were. Thankfully, Big Shannon isn't that big of a crime boss for anyone to really care.."

The rain had stopped. Their steps clipped and clapped on the leftover puddles. Previous events had raised many questions, but not a whole lot of answers. He wanted answers, and the young man was going to get them.

"
Would now be a good time to tell you that I also wait tables?" He said, with a soft chuckle.

The midnight purple sky had taken over. Golden streetlights and the moon worked together to provide the light. They walked about 10 blocks before he turned and walked down a few stairs. The keys could be hard dangling, as he opened the door for Krystal.

She smiled, knowing she accomplished in making a new friend. One who also waits tables like she. As Rich opened the door, she gave him a slight nod to say thanks. Krystal blindly reached for the light switch and almost tripped on something.

"Eh heh...I meant to do that?"

His cheeks puffed up, as he tried not to laugh.

"I didn't see a thing." He said, still trying not to laugh.

Rich found the light switch in the room. The sudden sight wasn't anything special. It was mostly clean. The room was a mostly brown and green collection. He moved the nightstand, which Krystal had almost tripped over earlier. There was a couch in the middle of the room facing the rest of the apartment. In the middle, sat a respectable t.v. for someone who waited tables. A game system was set up. All the way across the room, sat a small kitchen, closet, and a door to a small bathroom. The walls were bare. Nothing looked like it was ever put up. No posters, family pictures, or even a painting.

"It's not much but....well....I will get better stuff, when I win the lottery. Anyways, I will get some bandages on you. If you could take off your sh--"

The young man stops himself.

"Uh....just get comfortable and so I can still see your wounds."

Rich shakes his head and takes off his coat. The check was still intact. when he put it on the table. His gunshot wound was gone. The footstep echoed slightly, when he went into the med cabinet.

Krystal smirked at Rich as she sat down on the couch. She like his home. It was cozy, even if he didn't have many furniture. She took off her jacket and looked at her wounds. She bit her lip remembering how much it stung. More were on her back, but she didn't bother to lift up her shirt. Next, she looked at Rich, recalling he had gotten shot. However, it seemed as if his wounds already healed.

"Oi...didn't you get shot?"

Richard didn't answer right away, as he gathered some medical things. The gauze, medical tape, and antiseptic were carefully placed on the table, in order of use. The eyes looked over her back, and a slight gasp followed.

"Well, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news, it looks like the cuts on your back aren't to deep. I will be able to disinfected them and slap big band-aids on, without too much trouble. The bad news is that I still need to disinfect them. Are there any other things I should know about? Also, how do you want me to do this? It is not an easy position--"

He had an idea. The young man motioned her to get up. Then, Rich sets up the pullout bed.

"There we go. That should make things much easier. To answer your question...let's just say I am a bit self-sufficient. Now please get so I can help you."

Krystal got on the bed as instructed. She actually didn't like all the medicine even though it was supposed to help her. Being around them makes her remember of the dreaded past causing a cold shiver to crawl up her spine.

"Do you really have to disinfect it??"

His head tilted a little. Krystal's words almost left him speechless.

"It will sting, I can tell you that. I don't know what the whip was lined with. Besides, unless you have an immune system like mine, I really think you should let me heal you. One can hope that I am not here to hurt you."

He proceeds to open up the bottle. The gauze was lightly sprinkled with the antiseptic. Rich's eyes squinted as he began to apply the gauze.

She bit her lip as he applied it. It stung like hell. She sat up and looked at Richard like a child who never had a wound that needed disinfecting.

"Can you use a less painful method? Please?"

Krystal's face obviously showed him that this was pretty new for her.

Her face instantly cut him, to his core. Those type of looks kept him up, sometimes. Rich knew of a way. He just didn't know if he could do it. It was possibly dangerous, to anyone that wasn't him.

"I--I guess we could try..."

The waiter went back to the cabinet. Krystal could here him opening and box and a sigh.

"If you really don't want to go through with that way...we could try these packets. They have my DNA in them. Denkor designed these for me to be able to heal, a lot faster. They are for emergencies only. I only have so many."

He hanged his head a little.

"I don't know how they would react with your DNA. These due ware off, though. So whatever reactionyou get, it would eventually go away. This would be a bit of a risk."

Krystal stared at the packet he held. Sure she didn't want to take the painful way, but she didn't want Richard to give up something as important as his DNA. She stood up and put her hand on his shoulder.

"You know..you don't have to go with it if you don't want to risk anything. I mean, my wounds can heal normally like just another cut right?"

She managed to smile a little.

He breathed in, when she touched him. His lips moved left and right, at his thoughts. As much as he wanted to help, he also didn't want to put her in danger. This was a conundrum. It wasn't about the DNA. This was about protecting people. What if that whip was lined with something harmful? Krystal could see his face reacting to his own thoughts. Then something possibly positive occurred to him. There was something he was told about the patch. His face lit up a little.

"What is your blood type?" He asked.

Alarmed with the sudden question, she answered.

"AB. But....why would you need to know my blood type for? I mean my DNA is dif-"

Krystal stopped herself before she could say anymore. She hit her head softly.

"Er...forget what I said after. My blood type is AB."

"We had the same blood-type. What is on the patch is ointment. It reacts when it enters my bloodstream. Perhaps if that is enough for the patch to not react negatively to you?" He declared.

This possible realization made him happy. The risk was still there, but it became small enough for an old college try.

"All I gotta do is put this on your chest. Then the rest should take care of it self."

Krystal stared at Richard and raised one of her thin eyebrows.

"...You're going to put it on my chest? I would rather if i did that myself."

Rich closed his eyes hard.

"Your right, sorry. I was just getting ahead of myself. In all honesty, should watch to see how your body reacts. I want to be able to get it off, just in case."

He starts opening the packet.

She shrugged and took her shirt off. Krystal noticed Rich staring and told him, "I would only take off my shirt for medical reasons. Nothing else."

Inside the packet, resided some sort of clear substance. It looked almost unearth like. It is in her nature to be curious however, she restrained herself from poking it like an immature weirdo.