Such a Small Girl for Such a Large Bounty

M

Myuka

Original poster
(RP with @TreasureSniper)

Being quite a few weeks into the semester at Brooks University has proven to be a stressful time for some students. Mid terms felt right around the corner and for those who have been out at night more than in their dorms at night they were finally feeling the pressure. Some students love the study of history, more specifically US History before 1750. However that group of students proved to be very small compared to the roughly one hundred college students that filled the lecture hall. Most students were most likely taking the class to fill the liberal arts credit that perfectly matched the three credit course.

The professor seemed much larger in stature than your average college professor. He looked more like a body builder or professional weight lifter hiding in an ugly brown stripped long sleeved button up shirt, black slacks and black dress shoes. The 6’2 brown skinned buff looking instructor went through his last slide and took off a pair of thick framed glasses and looked at his class. He ran his hand through his wavy chocolate colored hair and took a deep breath before looking up at the lecture hall full of students who looked to be half paying attention at this point.

“You have four more days until the mid term. This test is worth two hundred points and can really make or break you in this class. If you haven’t had the chance to go over the review in the Learning Application I highly recommend you look now. There’s still time to go over the previous modules and the study guide. As always you can email me or just come up to me if you have any questions.” The instructor waited for any response from his half dead students, only to be met with silence. “Well... if there isn’t anything. You’re dismissed.” He announced, watching the students grab their tablets, laptops, notebooks and pack them all up and leave the lecture hall. The instructor turned back to his desk up front and began shutting down all of his electronics.

“Don’t come crying to me when half of you fail.” He muttered to himself as he started unplugging his MacBook from the projector.

“So... I’m still confused professor. Was Obama born in Kenya or was he not?” He heard a female voice from the lecture hall. He recognized the voice and couldn’t help but sigh as he looked up from his podium at the girl sitting a few rows from him.

The girl had to be in her early twenties, a little older than some of his other students in this undergraduate course. She had a petite frame and could have only been around 5’6 when standing. With pale skin, dirty blonde hair and emerald green eyes she seemed to have a snide smirk to her earlier question as she sat in the desk with her head in her hands, looking straight at the professor. She wore a black and red flannel with a pair of jean shorts and flip flops, looking like half of the other college girls that walked around in early fall around the campus.

The professor gave the girl an unamused look. “That wouldn’t even be covered in this class It’s history BEFORE 1750.” He corrected her as the remainder of the students were finally gone. “How long have you been sitting there?” He asked her.

“Well now I’m concerned that I’ve been sitting in the second row of your class for an undisclosed amount of time and you had no clue. How sharp are you exactly?” She questioned him with a slight laugh, to which she got no response. She finally had a more serious look in her eye as she still held her head in her hands. “Have you considered my offer?” She questioned him.

“For tonight, right?” He asked her, putting the MacBook in it’s protective case, ready for travel. “I don’t know.” His voice had a hesitation to it. “All of this for a possible lead. Seems like a lot of risk. Why not bring someone else?” He asked her.

“I’ve thought it through many times. I need you to make this work because of your great eye and ability to work from far distance. If I brought others it’s only more people in the way and possible problems.” It was obvious she was trying very hard to convince him. “Besides, I’m not asking you to shoot to kill. I just need tranquilizers. Shouldn’t be too much to ask, right?” She didn’t get a response from him right away, which seemed to get to her. She sighed and stood up. “I need an answer soon. Otherwise we have to rethink.” She sounded more serious.

“I know, I know.” He answered quickly. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. “It should be fine. It should work out.” He still sounded hesitant, but he committed.

She smiled, obviously happy with his decision. “Well good. Tonight, the pier in Duluth then.” She verified.

Inside a dimly lit room, a group of "talented" individuals were distributing their weekly bounty targets among each other. Most of the bounties were unremarkable, paying around 10 to 5 million each for mob bosses and lieutenants. Everything was rather routine until they finally scrolled down to a bounty with a relatively small payout but for a strangely "easy" target. "1 million for such a small girl? is this a joke?" "This must be mistake.." "Its easy money, it'd do it in a heartbeat."

"SILENCE!!!" one of them demanded, clearly the leader of this merry band of hunters. "Although this is quite unusual, a job is a job. Incisor, we'll leave this job to you. According to our intel, she will be at the Duluth pier tonight. I want her ALIVE. Is that understood? The entire room was silent and was waiting for the one member's reply.

"As you wish, my lord." the member replied with glee. He was easily the weakest out of all the hunters and was not sent out often to deal with the bigger targets. Additionally, his abilities would be exceptionally useful in the pier. Perhaps this was his chance to earn the respect he deserved from his teammates? And with that, he left the room, preparing for what was to come.

Later that night the two made their way to Duluth, Minnesota. The time of night they decided this plan would work called for some serious cold weather in this fall time. With Lake Superior right off the pier the winds were blowing in only more cold it seemed like. Luckily for these two, weather like this wasn’t too bad.

She stood a safe distance from the entrance of the pier, waiting for the time to start. She still dawned her dirty blonde hair and mixture of blue green eyes with nothing that would make her physical features look out of the ordinary. The black leggings, black boots, and form fitting black hoodie on the other hand could make her look out of place. She looked up at a nearby larger building. “Any issues where you’re at?” She asked through the small earpiece one of her teammates was kind enough to equip the two with.

“Eh, a little windy because of the Great Lake, but nothing I can’t handle.” He spoke back to her as he set up his sniper style rifle from the top of the building. He loaded the weapon and looked through the eyepiece, locating his teammate. “Alright, you should be good to go.” He told her.

“Great.” She muttered as she started walking through the pier in the late night, doing her best to avoid the night crew loading the nearby ships. “Think before you shoot. If they’re going to be in the walking path of another employee try to avoid it. We don’t want to cause a scene.” She spoke quietly through the headset, giving advice to her teammate. She looked around a shipping container to see two employees chatting before heading separate ways. She took this time to get past this first area and head deeper into the pier. She hid behind a second container, taking a second before moving her head to look around the shipping container she was currently behind.

She was surprised to be greeted by a falling adult male body right in front of her. She quickly noticed that there was a tranquilizer in his neck and put the pieces of the puzzle together. She quickly pulled the man to her hiding spot where he wouldn’t be seen.

“Careful out there, some of these men are armed.” He spoke through the headset.

Looking back at the unconscious man she noticed he was carrying some sort of automated rifle. Good thing she did bring her gunman along with her. She knew she could have brought more from her team, but he seemed best suited for this type of mission and she truly didn’t get to spend much time with him alone due to his front of being a college professor. She did enjoy this time with him.

After looking around to make sure she would be safe she continued walking down the dock. After a few more shipping containers she saw an older looking man loading a small boat with some wooden crates. Her target.

"Is this all really necessary? its just one young girl right?!" The security guard questioned the bounty hunter in their camera room. "One girl that's worth a lot for some reason. Its best if we don't take any chances." While his eyes were locked on the multiple monitors he was also using his other abilities to create a perimeter, forming a ring of sand around the pier. From the outside, it would've looked like small clouds of sand being blown by the breeze which was quite common for the area.

Using this sand perimeter, the hunter was able to sense to movement of anything that goes through the ring. Fortunately for the girl, she had entered the pier before the ring was set up. However, the hunter did sense something going through the ring at high velocity, much higher than a bird, almost like a bullet.
"Thats strange, they didn't say anything about her using firearms... could be one of her associates perhaps?" He thought to himself silently as sand gather behind him to form a crab-like creature. "Volcancer, investigate the "bullet" trajectory and see if you can find the source." "By your command, master." the creature replied before breaking itself back into sand particles. "Did you find something ,sir?" the guard questioned in a worried tone. "Perhaps." The hunter had big grin on his face.

Volcancer, surveyed the surrounding area of the "shot" using his sand cloud form and managed to spot a suspicious looking character on top of one of the buildings. "Master, I have the gunmen in my sight. He is atop the building in sector 35." ""Him"? its not her.. never mind. Capture him, perhaps we can use him to draw her out. Assuming that this is one of her "friends". The hunter used a psychic link to communicate with his beast. Although he has no direct control over its actions, the link was strong enough for them to share their visions.

Volcancer, advanced towards the sniper, from his point of view it would have looked like just another dust cloud. The sand particles slowly flowed into his earpiece to disable communications. Suddenly, a torrent of sand crashed onto the man's face trying to blind him. And with that Volcancer materializes itself infront of the sniper, grabbing the midsection of the gun with one of its pincers to snap it in half while surrounding the legs with sand to make sure he stays still.

The loudspeakers of the pier roared to life with an announcement."Myuka Hiramatsu, if you're hearing this, surrender now. Although I would prefer to take you in alive, I do not have the same reservations for your "friend". Cooperate and I will allow him to leave unharmed." It was a risky gambit, for all he knew, this was just a random dude with a sniper. But it was a gamble he was willing to take.

"Hey! What the-?!" The man questioned as he was surrounded by a shroud of sand. He tried swiping the sand particles out of his eyes before seeing his gun snap in two. Before he could react much more he found his legs bound, forcing him with limited mobility. Once he had more sight he noticed a figure in front of him, definitely not anyone they invited.

Once he heard the announcement made his heartbeat quickened. He had to do something for her safety. What on earth could he do bound as he was? He still had his hands, he still had a pistol or two on his person, but would bullets really hurt this sand figure?

He tried relying on his brain instead of his brawn, and when he wasn't absolutely wasted there was a chance he could come up with an idea. The announcement mentioned, 'friend,' but no name. Did the figure in front of him not know who he was? Maybe he could play this off.

"Damn it man! You're after her too?!" He questioned the figure in front of him, not struggling with his binding, but looking at the individual. "If you wouldn't have interfered I probably would have got her! I almost had a clear shot!" He hoped his lie sounded convincing. He sighed, as if frustrated. "I should have known I wouldn't have been the only one after her bounty. It is tempting." He mentioned, making small talk in the hopes that this would be what his partner in crime needed.

She heard the announcement as she hid behind the shipping container, listening to every word that was given. Whoever this was had him! Her eyes went back and forth as if trying to determine what was the priority; her target or her teammate.

The decision was made for her as the target unhooked the small fishing boat from the dock at the mention of her name, trying to make an escape. The sound of her name probably had him spooked, but she needed to talk to him. She clenched her teeth in frustration and ran at the man in the small fishing boat.

She jumped on the small vessel and was able to pin the man down before he could even make a sound. She stayed low and held him so that he couldn't turn around and make a swing at her, not that he was in any shape to do so. She did her best not to harm the man, she truly didn't want to hurt him. "Where is it?" She questioned the man.

"I... I don't know-" The old man began before getting interrupted.

"Don't lie to me, it wastes your time and my patience." She tightened her grip for just a second, making him whine before she took a deep breath and tried again. "Tell me where it is and you leave with your life." She sounded much more harsh than she truly intended. But she figured if she could spook the man enough she would get her information.

"I... I sold it to the Irvin brothers. They probably have it." The old man spat out, breathing a little heavy.

She growled in frustration. She hated those brothers. But at least she knew where she needed to go. She released the older man and jumped back to the dock. "Leave. It's not safe for you here." She mentioned to him, worried about the individual on the rooftops. The old man nodded and started up his fishing boat, heading out for the waters of the Great Lake.

She looked up at the rooftop, trying to see if her teammate was in any danger, unaware of the conversation that was happening up top.

"Master, are you hearing this?" the creature questioned his master through a telepathic link. "If he is to be believed then our target has already made it in the perimeter..than being said, I have a feeling that he is hiding something. Bring him to me." "As you wish, master." And with that, the humanoid crab breaks down into a mist of sand once more, shifting the particles to surround the would-be sniper. A coffin-like structure starts forming around him, immobilizing him. The coffin-like object would fly through the air to return to its master with its prisoner.

"If she is already inside, then I should reset my perimeter." With a wave of his fingers, the ring of sand slowly closes in back to the center of the docks. He used this ring of sand to sense every individual it passed through. He could essentially "feel" individual that touches the ring used this as a filter to identify who they were. "Hmm.. whats this.. a demon" it was strange that there was a demon in the docks considering that none of security guards hired were demons. "That could be her."

The hunter told the guards to lock the dock down and made his way to location where the demon was sensed. A mist of sand enveloped his body as he got closer to the location, slowly forming a bronze armor with crab-like motives. By the time he had arrived in front of the intruder, his armor was fully formed and ready for action. The girl may look different from the pictures that had been provided, but he had a hunch it was her. "So whats it gonna be, Myuka?" He questioned the girl, referencing to his previous announcement.

KR-Scissors&Incisor.png