SUBSPACE - A Tale of Aimless Twenty-Something's and Ninja Powers

*Fires up the Scott Pilgrim character generator.*

I like The Smithereens. :)

Also:

Rosemary and the Babies

I Think it's a Roach

The McMufflets

On a Friday Night (We can get sued by Radiohead!)

Band, Indie Band

My Russian Mail Order Bride

These are so terrible. :>

Gotcha. :D

I'm in Olympia now, so I'll finish it up during my free time, AKA the time my family isn't taking from me.

Thank you. I've been trying to use that title for the past 6 years. VICTORY WILL BE MINE!

Well guys, looks like we're going with Deku Nuts.

Sounds suitably Scott Pilgrim-esque. And shitty-indie-band-esque.

Sa-weet! I edited the X's into Deku Nuts for Haily's profile. :3

Also finished Zach's. Hope you approve, Grumpy. I thought it would be fun to have a robot fight in the roleplay!

Can I join? It'll be a week before I officially come back, but I'll be able to post everyday for a while at that point. :3

It's still open.

I expect I'll have my sheet up sometime next week. I've got a fun villain. But my heroine is missing something to keep me playing her. I expect that will have changed by the end of next week.

Not quite done yet, gonna review it one more time before saying it's what I want. :3

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Jane Chang
Role in the Band: Backup vocals AND...
Actual Job: Starbucks barista

So what do you look like?
url

Awesome. And what sort of a person are you? She has Dissociative Identity Disorder. I'll list her personalities and triggers
Main Persona (Jane): shy and sweet, always thinking of others
Elegance (Lady Juuko): Triggered when Jane finds herself alone in a new place, Lady Juuko takes over. She acts with elegance and decorum, always looking out to make sure that Jane keeps face. She'll rarely use her name, but rather uses Jane's so she doesn't look like a crazy person.
Defensive Persona (Celcius): Triggered when Jane feels threatened, Celcius is a cold, calculating, and defensive person. Though she can't speak, she knows enough about signing to get by when necessary.

Sweet. Now what can you do, exactly?
Her father beat martial arts into her (seeing as he was a black belt in Jiu Jitsu, Karate, Kenpo, Muy Thai, and all sorts of weaponry. She can pull the top part of the jumbo Otamatone off of the ball part and use it like a scythe, since the wavy part at the top is a scythe blade. Oh, and she's a great cook.

Okay, but what can you REALLY do?
Power 1: She can grow her hair at will and it can't be cut by anything except with safety scissors for some reason. That being said, all hair salon people hate her. Only Jane can use this.
url
Power 2: She can release pheremones to mind control men around her. Only Lady Juuko can use this
Power 3: She can summon a katana that coats everything the blade touches with ice. Useful in a sword fight to weigh down the opponent's blade in inches thick of ice, on top of dulling the edge. Only Celcius can use this.
Power 4 (Sound Shockwave): She can absorb sound and redirect it in a pinpoint focused shockwave attack. The louder the sound, the more powerful the attack; a redirected shout will merely push a person, but a bass strum at 11 will probably throw a person back like they were made of cardboard. All personas can use this.

Nice. Tell me a little about your life.
Jane developed her DID to survive her dad's brutish Spartan training style. She came to terms with her different personas and can switch between them at will if needed. And while her dad forced her to learn martial arts, her mom (divorced from her dad) forced her to take up singing to become a great singer like she is. This second part lead her to join the Deku Nuts as a backup vocalist. Since Adrian left the band, she took up the Otamatone as a hobby and eventually proposed to play the jumbo size as part of the band. She's actually quite good at it now, rarely hitting wrong notes.

MAGIC HOBO'S ANTAGONIST SHEET
Name: Hobo-bot v5.0
Occupation/Job/Reason For Existing: Assassin-bot designed to replicate the Magic Hobo's abilities, but better, and to ultimately kill Magic Hobo.

So what do they look like?
http://www.google.com/url?source=im...8wc4JQ&usg=AFQjCNHqy55H-Oru6088FExpG4IFKxodUA

Underneath the coat, there are two hidden arms with Gatling gun and taser attachments.

Very menacing. And what sort of a ROBOT are they?
A single purpose robot made by Adrian to kill Hobo Joe. The Hobo-bot series has been in testing since not long after Adrian hit it big. Version 5 is the best so far

What are they capable of?
Can exude a smell so putrid that people faint with just a whiff from a putrid smell generator box inside his body.

Alright, what are they REALLY capable of?
Has two nunchaku with enchanted by a storm demon to have similar powers as the nunchaku that Hobo Joe has. Since Hobo-bot is a robot, Hobo-bot is also extremely fast and exceedingly strong.

And what's their reason for being so goddamn evil?[/color][/dotted][/QUOTE]
The demons that Hobo-bot fought on Mt. Fuji got all butt hurt when Hobo Joe beat them. So they conspired with Adrian to kill him after Hobo Joe joined Adrian's old band. The demons gave Hobo-bot magic powers while Adrian gave it the best technological make over in the world.

Ha ha ha. I know he is, but this guy is pretty much the face of the Otamatone world.

Those things are pretty hard to play...

so when are we getting a go/no-go on characters? or are they all good.

I'm confused.

On that same note, are you seriously ok with Viktor's power?

Sorry for the delay, folks; these last few weeks have been mad.

Kyra, if you could flesh out your character a little more, and get to work on an antagonist for Fluffy, that'd be sweet; just some more details about your character's personality and life so far would be great.

TC, as I said in the CBox your guy is all good. And pretty fucking funny as well.

Mr. B, any anime character may be a bit too broad to be fair; perhaps one particular character your guy's made himself? The pair of them would have quite a few funny issues about the creator/creation dynamic they have, which could be fun to play out.

Celcius, maybe a few too many powers there. If you fancy sticking with the first one and boosting it a bit, I have a suggestion (a friend used it once in a Superheroes game); your hair can grow and is incredibly strong, allowing you to climb buildings with it or even weild larger weapons with it. It was funny as hell when this guy was making like Doc Oc and swinging swords at folk with HIS HAIR in that game; I imagine it would still be funny now.

...I need to stop posting things at 5am.

Thanks, TC.

*Begins researching alternate alternate band jobs*

Celcius, maybe a few too many powers there. If you fancy sticking with the first one and boosting it a bit, I have a suggestion (a friend used it once in a Superheroes game); your hair can grow and is incredibly strong, allowing you to climb buildings with it or even weild larger weapons with it. It was funny as hell when this guy was making like Doc Oc and swinging swords at folk with HIS HAIR in that game; I imagine it would still be funny now.

Jane, as a whole person, can wield a single power. In addition, each persona has a power unique to them. The counter to this is if Jane's getting her butt handed to her, she can't freely switch to Lady Juuko. If it isn't triggered, there will be no change. If Jane doesn't feel that she's in grave physical danger, she physically can't change to Celcius. If Jane doesn't feel that she's in an environment she's never been in before, she physically can't change to Lady Juuko. Juuko can change into Celcius if the trigger is activated, but Celcius can't change into Juuko unless the trigger is deactivated.

Now that I've explained it, is it okay with you?

Sorry for the wait. I wanted to have some "real" concerns mixed in before I posted the character. A big part of the draw of SP was that juxtaposition.
Still under construction

CHARACTER SHEET
Name: Pam Nation
Role in the Band: Tambourine, Backup Vocalist, and The One Most Likely To Attempt a Bizarre Solo Project That Won't Sell
Actual Job: Part-Time Demon Hunter and Library Fine Retrieval Agent

So what do you look like?
(Post character's appearance; images preferred, as ever the use of anime will result in death by firing squad)

Awesome. And what sort of a person are you?
Pam is the so-called "quiet one" that people are always issuing warnings about. When she's quiet, she comes across as mute and nearly emotionless. Few things could be further from the truth though. She's a bundle of nervous, neurotic energy that simply cycles in and out with little warning--correction her tambourine seems to mimic a snake's rattling just before a major shift of mood. No one knows why, other than the fact that it might not seem fair otherwise.

Sweet. Now what can you do, exactly?
Plays a Mean Tambourine
Mad Librarian Organizational Skills
Writes Halfway Decent Fanfic
Amateur Photography
Demon Hunting and Library Repo Stuff(Sensing weird mojo, weapons fighting, tracking skills)

Okay, but what can you REALLY do?
Plays a REALLY MEAN TAMBOURINE. It seems to have partial sentience and allows her to use it as a melee/ranged weapon a la "Xena: Warrior Princess" or Tron.
Is learning to manipulate the laws of physics to her advantage(Her supervisor says,"Style is a demon-hunter's uniform.") but doesn't always get it right.

Nice. Tell me a little about your life.
She was supposed to be a laws student, but she cracked under the pressure. She drifted a bit, and finally found decent work at a third-rate demon-hunting agency that doubles as a library fine collection agency. She also discovered a passion for the tambourine as a member of the band, I Think It's a Roach before it disbanded over something stupid and she somehow found a spot in the Deku Nuts.

She's a demon hunter, supposedly only until better work comes along, but after seven months, she's starting to worry she's gotten too comfortable with it. She's worried that she might end up being one permanently, and that scares her to death.

Think about it. How many stories are there about the child of any committed vanquisher of evil being happy? The child is either killed, rebels against the light, or becomes another cliche and hipply indecisive antihero. Sometimes they kill a parent or two along the way. And if the father isn't human and the child is partly supernatural, that's even worse cause then they've go that whole fantasy racial allegory angst angle thing going!

So at age 22, Pam is frightened of romance because she's frightened of getting pregnant--especially getting pregnant by guys who have any kinds of special powers or mystical legacies or anything like that. All that superhuman hotness and mystery just isn't worth the pain of the consequences. So she has a love-hate relationship with her job. It lets her fight the source of her anguish while constantly exposing her to temptation.

She is secretly a fan of Twilight. You do NOT want to know what she'll do to make sure it stays a secret.

ANTAGONIST SHEET
Name:
Occupation/Job/Reason For Existing:

So what do they look like?

Very menacing. And what sort of a person are they?

What are they capable of?

Alright, what are they REALLY capable of?

And what's their reason for being so goddamn evil?
[/QUOTE]