Subnautica anyone? [Filled, link to thread for those interested]

Yeah, sorry to disappoint, but I got a partner for this surprisingly quick. I'll tag all y'all in a couple minutes when I post the starter post for the 1x1 thread, though, so you can know where to find it if you wanna read along. :bsmile:

Edit: Here's the thread link as well

Last edited:

Trainbrain16

Happy New Year!
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Scifi, Modern, size difference (mainly larger females), most things involving dragons and humans
Okay, it's been a very long time since I've done anything on this website, but I was bound to come back sometime.

So this'll be a long-term, mostly story driven RP based on the fantastic video game experience that is Subnautica. Now, an important disclaimer to note: it's going to take some serious convincing for me to agree to do this RP with anyone who hasn't already played through the whole story of Subnautica and isn't already rather familiar with the plot, lore, mechanics, and especially the world/environment of the game. The first play-through of that game is a truly special experience that nobody will find exactly the same as anyone else, and the less one knows or finds out about the game ahead of time the better that experience will be for them. It's a little difficult for me to write this ad while including the absolute bare minimum of actual information about the game, so as to avoid ruining or tainting any unsuspecting reader's future first play of the game, so clearly I've been pretty heavily strangled on the details that I can list here in public. That being said, let's move on to the concept.

I'm looking for someone to play the human survivor that is the main character in the game (feel free to use an OC or a self-insert even), whereas I will be playing as... well pretty much everything else. Your PDA and various computer A.I.s, the environment as a whole, the various "normal" fauna, and some significant characters of my own. These other characters would come in the form of a few unique, anthropomorphized versions of some species of the planet's fauna, the origins of which might be discovered or determined during the course of our story. They'd all still heavily resemble their feral counterparts, and would be either the same size or somewhat larger (or in the cases of some of the Leviathans, MUCH larger), but would also have human intelligence, the ability to speak, and human-like characteristics about their bodies, somewhat like mermaids. Some would be friendly, some would be VERY hostile, some might start one way and flip towards the other, but they would be very unique and rare, as not every species would have one and only one species would have more than one example (I plan on having a young and an adult anthro Reefback Leviathan). I feel like these could add something interesting to the experience. Yeah, you're stranded and isolated on this alien world with plenty of things eager to kill and eat you, but at least you're not completely alone. You'll have a few strange but chatty alien friends, so there's at least someone to talk to and keep you sane, even if they aren't quite human. We also likely won't be adhering strictly to the content that's in the vanilla, release version of the game, and will be incorporating some content, mechanics, ideas etc. from a few mods and from a lot of the stuff presented in the game's concept art and early alpha versions that were removed, changed, unutilized or underutilized.

I'm looking for someone fairly literate who's okay with doing something that will likely drag out over many months as the story develops and plays out. I have a lot of ideas on ways to take the story and world of Subnautica farther and deeper than the game itself did. If you're interested in wanting to do this with me, and either you've already finished the game's story at least once or you're absolutely certain that you're either never going to play the game or don't care about having the story completely and systematically spoiled for you... DM and we'll get into discussing lovely details!

Yes, one person who'd be playing just the "main character", if you will, while I play the world and characters around them.

Why, are you interested?

Reactions: Ur Degaton
'Ey a Subnautica rp.

Unfortunately, looks like it be filled.

Eh it happens, just gotta cut some slack once in awhile especially when said host is just coming back from a hiatus.