it's always demons
- Invitation Status
- Posting Speed
- 1-3 posts per week, One post per week, Slow As Molasses
- Writing Levels
- Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Adaptable
- Preferred Character Gender
- Male, Female, Transgender, Primarily Prefer Male
- Scifi is my absolute favorite, followed closely by fantasy. Although most of my characters tend to be gay and male, I wouldn't call what I play 'yaoi' so much as its a romance. I also like southern gothic, historical, and really anything with kind of gothic themes.
ABOUT THE SUBMARINE
Some of you might think I'm familiar, for good reason, and if you can figure out who I was I'll give you a cookie. Anyway, now that the weird pretentious 'Im so mysterious' thing is out of the way, my name is TrashSubmarine but generally I just call myself Marine (but not sub, for obvious reasons lmao).
I'm an eighteen year old author and hobby artist, who also has a part-time job bathing dogs. Most of my professional drafts are either Scifi or Fantasy, and I would consider world-building my favorite activity. So if you like world-building, too-- hit me up.
I'm a casual gamer, as well. I play League of Legends, Borderlands, Diablo, Dragon Age, Witcher, and Mass Effect. While I wont do any roleplays in LoL, I'm always willing to talk to someone. On the rest, I'll roleplay in the setting but no canon characters but I'll expand on that later.
- In this house we love and respect the rules of grammar (to some extent)
- Please take pity on me and write in past tense
- I get really irritated with people that only play female characters, so for both our comforts, please don't come asking me to play a male character for you just because you don't like playing male characters.
- A lot of my characters (who am I kidding, all of them) have a tendency to be rather difficult personalities, so please don't expect them to be entirely agreeable at first
- I don't do canon characters from anything
- Please no Slice of Life, I'm a person that thrives on drama and interest and that sort of thing just loses my interest really fast
- If you don't reply within like, two months, I'm going to assume you've lost interest and delete the thread.
PLOT CANDIES/THINGS I LOVE
- Monsters: Werewolves, vampires, shadow spooks, that sort of thing
- Non-heterosexual romances (I'm gay and wanna write equally gay stuff)
- Victorian Gothic, Southern Gothic -- I just love it
- World Building
- Fleshed out characters. I like assholes with a cause.
- Morally grey decisions or choices
- Tieflings!! Oh god you have no idea
- Long posts, but especially ones that give me something to respond to
- Court Intrigue
- Elves, Faerie, that sort of thing
- Poly couples (Miss me with that love triangle shit)
if it has an * next to it, I'm more interested or more familiar with the content
- Borderlands *
- Witcher 3
- Mass Effect
- Dragon Age *
- D&D (thats totally a fandom lmao)
- Fallout (NV and 4)
- Skyrim / Elder Scrolls
- Homestuck (Don't get me started, I'll never stop)
- Assassins Creed
- Demon x Human
- Arranged Marriage
- Demon x Angel
- Werewolf x Vampire
- Werewolf x Human
- Vampire x Human
- Werewolf x Vampire x Human
- Alien x Human
While these are fully fleshed out, for the most part, they're intentionally nebulous (for the most part) so that my partner can fill in the blanks with their own character and so that each RP that I do with these plots will be different despite having the same base idea. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to PM me!
Also a warning that some of these may contain word walls with lots of information and while I apologize for that, hope you won't be intimidated by them.
CEASEFIRE - FANTASY - ANY PAIRING
Muse A is an angel, and Muse B is the demon that has captured them during an assault on an angelic outpost. However, despite the demon's intimidating reputation, they reveal that they've captured Muse A in hopes of convincing them to help put an end to the constant warring between the two species.
CREATURE FEATURE - FANTASY/PARANORMAL - ANY PAIRING
Pine Springs is a sleepy Washington State town, hardly big enough to even show up on maps. That's probably for the better though, thanks to the town being a hotbed of supernatural activity. From witches to demigods, Pine Springs has it all. Muse A, a witch, and Muse B, a demon, are recent arrivals to the small town and quickly establish themselves as the people to call when something doesn't seem right. This RP would be set in a 'creature of the week' structure, and feature a pre-existing friendship or relationship between Muse A and B. I've already got a few creatures prepared, but would be thrilled if you contributed your own ideas.
RUINED - FANTASY/DRAGON AGE INSPIRED - ANY PAIRING
Muse A is an adventurer, and Muse B is a historian. When Muse A sets their sights on a Ancient Elvish Ruin, Muse B inserts themselves into this party of adventurers in hopes of saving lives (the ruins are notorious for traps, puzzles, and enchantments), and recovering some of the artifacts for their own study before Muse A can sell them all. Somewhere along the line, they uncover a little bit more than they bargained for.
FALLEN - FANTASY/STEAMPUNK - M/M
Muse A is a god, of a sort. He's watched the world for eons, and in turn, has all the knowledge and memories from this eons long vigil. The people of this world call him The Leviathan, and he is essentially an avatar of "The Formless" which is the source of entropy, chaos, vice, and magic. While magic isn't common in this world, it very much exists. Some humans are gifted with the ability to use it, and most of their powers tend towards more subtle things. Some of them can control minds and make grand shows of ice and flame, but for the most part its the ability to soften their steps, melt into shadows, increase their night vision, make powerful suggestions to people, faster reactions.
Naturally, the official religion of the country has outlawed the use of magic and uses The Leviathan, and The Formless, as a type of "ultimate evil" in their teachings. The cause of all evil in the world, which isn't necessarily true, but neither is it necessarily wrong. The Formless is incapable of influencing the world in any active way, and The Leviathan mostly prefers to just watch. He very rarely involves himself in the affairs of mortals, especially those of the common man.
This religion also frowns upon same-sex relationships, drinking, dancing, and they control the country's police (albeit in less obvious ways--they pay them off, tip them off about 'heretics' that are really just naysayers of the church, and so on and so forth). They're just generally unpleasant people, for the most part. Quite a few of the 'foot soldiers' in the church believe in good, in using their religion to build people up, not break them for things as absurd as who they love. Regardless, they don't make the decisions and most of their higher-ups are of the mind that anyone who breaks the rules is ready to hand deliver the nation to chaos.
Cut to Muse B, royal spy. The Royal Spies are kind of a mixture between assassins and spies, really. They kind of handle all of it. Collect information, kill anyone that's a threat. Sometimes they even help around as part of the Empress's guard, albeit they mostly diffuse through a crowd and keep an eye on any suspicious persons. Muse B makes undeniable ripples in his path, every action he makes, every step he takes, causes the weave of time to arrange and rearrange itself in new ways. He also hides that he's been blessed with the same magic that the church rants about being the mark of evil.
Of course, The Leviathan takes a great interest in him. It's not often that people carry any ability to change the flow of fate, and even if they do--it's frequently a single action they make will change it. This is something else, however. It seems like everything Muse B does creates ripples in an otherwise nearly entirely still pond. The Leviathan finds himself approaching The Spy, offering his knowledge in small amounts, offering to give him an edge, strengthen his ties to The Formless so that his powers are stronger. And over time, these visits become more and more frequent, allowing them to develop a strange friendship.
And then it goes to hell. The Leviathan realizes that for the first time in his very, very long life, he's beginning to feel the stirrings of affection. Human affection, infatuation. The Formless responds to this very badly, to the point of tossing him out. Taking his divinity, taking his powers, leaving only humanity and mortality in its wake. He remembers it all, in a final act of spite from the Formless, she allows him to retain all his memories of his divinity -- so that he knows how far he fell. He's having to learn how to be human, and its a rocky process. Naturally, he seeks out the only human he ever really took time to make a friendship with, which would be Muse B.
Some random, but potentially important facts:
- The Empress and the Spymaster are both ladies and they're gay and the church can die mad