3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy of all kinds★★!! Here's a list: modern/urban, magic and swords, otherworldly/fish out of water, faeries and unicorns, sometimes dark, sometimes superhero-ish, sometimes mixed with sci-fi. The Boo Girlie's always down for weird, wild or whimsical! Yayuh!! :3 Oh! And Sky Pirates too~~!!
Vn4k31Ol.jpg

<~~>​

• <~~>

~SUBJECT PROFILE
    color: #aa8866

Subject IDN: CN-13035772

Nickname: Conway

Sex: Male

Years in the BLOCC: 2

Primary Handler: John Valentine

Prospective Owner: Arianna Giroux

Directive: Companionship. Picture the little yapping explosion of fur you might find in someone’s purse, with no purpose in life other than to contemplate its crippling existential crisis.

Directive Skills: Cooking. Keeping house. Flattering. Reading emotions. Aromatherapy. Giving massages.

<~~>

~PHYSICALITY

ANIMAL FORM:
    Algerian Black Pygmy Hedgehog. He is hand-sized with dark brown face, limbs, and belly, and the characteristic black and white quills of his breed.

Trained Advantage:
    - Sonic the Hedgehog: He can curl up into a ball and roll around relatively smooth surfaces.
    - Scent Mimicry: He can recreate any scent he's smelled if given the right scents to work with. Perfumes, sweat, oils, and other liquids are easy to work with. He can also use plants or anything he can easily crush in his paws or chew up. He combines the scents with his saliva and uses his nose and tongue to spread it on himself, others, or any object of one's choice.

SAPIENT FORM: Conway is a small boy. He stands at a moderately diminutive 5'5" and weighs approximately 150lbs, sporting a soft tummy and slightly stout figure. His skin is pale, his shoulders, arms, and back speckled with light brown freckles, and his eyes are a dark, solemn brown. His hair was a similarly dark brown, falling into his eyes and over his ears in messy wisps before it was shaved.

Conway speaks with a pleasant Midwestern American accent, and he can perfectly understand French, but has not been trained to speak it, as requested by his prospective owner.

Tell Tale Signs:

• Pale whiskers sprout from his cheeks, close to his nose.
    • The skin on his hands are a dark brown, fading back into its human pallor past his wrists, and his nails are black and thick.
    • Black and white quills cover his shoulders and upper back, though he lacks the necessary small muscles to raise them defensively. They sit unthreateningly relaxed, making it quite difficult for others to prick themselves accidentally.

Conway wears dull grey onesies with teal trim, labelled with his IDN, which is also tattooed on the back of his neck, right above the quills.

• <~~>

~PERSONA

Posi+:

• Affectionate - With people he knows, Conway is quite physically affectionate, enjoying the body warmth of others and the reassurance of physical contact.
    • Compassionate - Conway is also quite empathetic, always willing to listen and sympathize.
    • Curious - Despite his anxiety, Conway is intrigued by anything he hasn’t seen before (so long as it doesn’t look like it might eat him) and likes to explore.
    • Optimistic - Conway is always looking at the bright side, daydreaming about the future when everything will be better.
    • Creative Intelligence - He tends to think outside the box, and when he’s feeling awake and safe, his brain doesn’t stop working.

Nega-:

• Nervous in new situations - When faced with new people or new locations, Conway’s first instinct is to freeze and protect himself, and it takes him a while to relax.
    • Dislikes being in larger groups of people - Though Conway likes the presence of one or two people he knows, any groups larger than that frays his nerves, and he’ll quickly get quiet and irritable.
    • Spacey - Particularly during the day, Conway will often drift off into his own thoughts mid-conversation, or take a nap if left to himself.
    • Terrible at giving advice - Though he’s an excellent listener, he never knows what to say to people, and being asked for advice makes him nervous.
    • Sometimes grumpy - Particularly when just woken up, hungry, dirty, or otherwise mistreated, Conway becomes irritable and can uncharacteristically lash out.

Naps. Food. Heights. Baths. Exploring. Cuddling. Small spaces. Interesting smells.

Dislikes:
    Strangers. Crowds. Wide open spaces. Public speaking. Getting stuck. Falling. Being woken up. Getting dirty.

• <~~>

~EMERGENT PROPERTIES

1) Heightened smell.

2) Physical carry-over in Sapient form: Immune to snake venom

3) Communication: BCT transmit within car length and receive as normal. May communicate verbally with similar creatures of chosen animal.

4) Awakening: Since Conway has been 2 years in the BLOCC, he may cause a small item in his possession to 'capture the heart' of up to 2 persons within a car's length. This will cause them to become transfixed upon the item for 2 minutes as long as they are within capturing zone of the item. He may use this EP twice per week.

5) Connections. (further explored once "Your Prey Mates" is complete.)

~~>(more to Unlock later^^!!)

• <~~>

~BACKSTORIES

1) Those Glowing Eyes.
    Conway was taking vegetables from the garden and was spotted by the Panther. Perhaps as a peace offering, he offered her a carrot, and was Marked as the Hedgehog with a Fine Heart.

2) Butterfly into Hurricane.
    A memory during your time in the BLOCC that affected your Persona (good or bad or just sticks with you) Note that charries will have no memories prior to Year One other than that they were 'born' here and awoke when 'ready.' (wait till Cast is finalized please!)

• <~~>

~MUSINGS

1) Jaycie. What a warm presence in such a cold place. I’m a little bit in awe of her, to tell the truth, but I love listening to her stories, outlandish as they might sometimes be. There have been times she’s found me feeling down, and she just sat with me and sang songs until I felt better. You can't ask for a better kind of friend than that, I think.

2) Bella. I love her, honestly. Like family. I’ve known her as long as I can remember. I remember being terrified of her when we first met; she’s so outgoing, and she’s got a temper. But we bonded over our shared terrible eyesight. She loves to talk, and I love to listen, so we get along pretty great. Any of the shenanigans I get into is absolutely, 100% her fault, and no one can convince me otherwise.

3) Ada. I don’t know her that well, and for such a small bird, she’s really intimidating. I’ve spoken to her once or twice-- well, she’s spoken to me while I stood there in open-mouthed terror, and then I waddled away from the conversation thinking that maybe next time I’ll just hide when she’s nearby. I would love to get to know her; I just wish my brain or my mouth or anything would work when I'm facing her.

4) Euler. She seems nice, and we get along pretty well. Once in a while I’ll try to get her to open up, usually when I notice her anxiety start to flare up, but I haven’t really had any success. She does seem to like it when I bring her celery or brussell sprouts. I thought about giving her carrots before, but I was too nervous she would accuse me of stereotyping.

<~~>

g6eu0Fem.jpg

<~~>​

{Originally posted by DeFier}

He was supposed to work out new techniques and work out toxicology with his handler Mr. Valentine. He entered the laboratory as usual but little did he know this session was not going to go as per usual. First to note, there was no Mr. Valentine present. Second of all there was nothing else lain out across the lab. Save for silence.

And the door shutting slowly behind him.

As he slowly turned around, a metallic click sounded out to assure him that he was locked in. With her. And her gun.

"Remain calm," said Agent 94 softly, the steel in her blue eyes much, much colder than the steel of the weapon aimed right at his face, "lashing out now is perhaps the worst thing that can happen, Monsieur Hedgehog. We will play nice if you choose. Ready?"

The Panther's eyes were now an unnerving icy dead cold hue as she waited for the response. "Good. Now then... I am risking it all to be here, you must understand that. Time is short so speak now and speak true. I want you to tell me: why you still want to stay here in the BLOCC. And I'll give you some options and the gun will be no longer be in your face, Conway. Sounds good, no? Now then... Monsieur Herrisonne´, please answer."'

{Originally posted by fish-writer}

The sight of her was all he could see, the world narrowing, shutting out the lab, shutting out everything but the blue of her eyes and the metal of her gun. Dread rippled through him, tongue sticking to the roof of his mouth, his breaths quickening to short, shallow gasps. "Ready?" Agent 94 had asked him. He nodded slowly, and somehow the small gesture helped to loosen the coiled tension in his neck and shoulders, and Conway could again think and breathe somewhat uninhibited.

Conway listened to The Panther's question, to her explanation, and as he stood and breathed, everything he'd been feeling upon entering the lab seeped back in. He was tired. He was hungry. Toxicology experiments meant he went the whole day without eating. Though the instinctual fear of her still quaked in his bones, the ghost of his anger began to whisper to him. He was so damn tired of being afraid.

And so, when she had finished speaking, when echoing silence had descended upon the lab and the only things Conway could hear were his own harsh breaths and pounding heart, his hands clenched into tight, shaking fists, and a huff fought its way out of his throat. Though he felt Death lingering, watching him, he squared his shoulders and glared into those uncanny eyes, past the gun, past the unreadable expression on her face. No, he wouldn't lash out, but he wouldn't hide either.

"My friends are here," he said firmly, though his voice trembled. "And if I can make life here even a little bit better for them, then this is where I belong." Yes, there was safety in these walls, the comfort of familiarity in these enclosed spaces, but that wasn't why he was here, that wasn't what kept him compliant. He didn't know what The Panther had in mind, but whatever it was, for his friends, he would face it.

Fear, hunger, anger, then finally concession. The stone-cold killer, blue-eyed gaze held a heartbeat longer.

The muzzle of the gun lowered.

"A better life for them," Agent 94 repeated his words, the blue in her eyes were no longer so steely and so cold, "to speak true, Conway, if that is so, then you do not belong here. You see, there is a select group that will be asked to leave here. Your friends will be amongst those asked. As for you... Alors, imagine the life you can make for them-- for yourselves-- out there in the world. I will take us there. We will make it to the coast.

"And there you will find you belong. You all will..."

The Panther took a slow step forward, and even slower, she rest a warm hand upon his shoulder, "Now then. I need to know. Right now. The window is closing. Do you want to be with them in that better world? Will you come with us?"

{Originally posted by fish-writer}

When he was no longer staring into the barrel of a gun, Conway felt like some force that had been holding him up had vanished, and it took conscious effort to stay upright. The cold presence of Death seemed to have departed, and somehow, Conway's instincts were no longer clanging inside his head in a warning of impending consumption. Something in The Panther's demeanor had changed. His head tilted curiously as he listened to her words, not daring to allow the joyous hope to bloom at what she was suggesting.

The coast. Visions of the lapping ocean, of warm sand, of laughter and adventure filled his mind, his brown eyes widening as he heeded her words. Conway thought of his friends, imagined a life full of their laughter, a life where he was free, and they were free, and they were together. Could The Panther really make that happen?

He stared almost desperately into those eyes of endless blue, his heart hammering in his chest, but not from fear, for once. At least, not completely. Her hand was warm, solid, and somehow reassuring on his shoulder, and Conway could sense the steel core of her more strongly than ever, but instead of terrifying him, it now left it him breathless with awe and certainty.

She could make that happen.

"I'll come with you," he answered immediately. "I've never wanted anything more than this."

There was so much more she wanted to say in that moment. But she let him have his moment; just like how she let them all have that moment. So much more she wanted to tell him-- all of them-- but for now she must be merely sated with letting say the words out loud. A smile was all she could let on.

Then her eyes sparked that eerie yellow once more. >>You hear this. You hear me in your head. I know you do. Good. Eh bien this is how we will find our escape.

>>I'm going to teach you a few things then... when ever you are near me, I can Mind Speak with you. You may learn this technique in time but for now, I will teach you the basics. It's called Big Cat Tap. You should pick it up pretty quick.

When you are in Sapient form, I can find you, no matter where or how far, I can track you down. But you can hide from me in your Animal form. Correction... your 'Fauna' form. In this form you will appear to be a regular animal. No one can tell the difference. But you won't be able to communicate like how you normally do. You will for all intents and purposes be a regular hedgehog. Fauna form also blocks the sensors of the BLOCC from tracking you.

As a second year, you may be able to send and receive Big Cat Tap to other nearby Prey regardless of what form they take.

And speaking of Prey... Here. These are the ones that will be selected... you should know them. Perhaps you are even friends with several of them? Well, practice Big Cat Tap with them, chere.<<

A mental listing of the Subject IDNs flashed through Conway's mind. Agent 94 let out an uncharacteristic little laugh and waved a hand.

>>We have a plan. It's crazy, but it's going to work. It has to...<<

After watching the Prey strain for a bit, finally Agent 94 saw the ghostly image of a hedgehog dance and dart around Conway. A hint of a smirk could not help but find its way onto that normally stoic face. She was a natural. And with practice she could hide away the Ferret spirit when she used the Big Cat Tap.

>>Well done.<< the mind speech was back >>keep practicing. It just gets easier with time. Now then I must leave. Scanners and sensors are about to go back online. But keep this knowledge to yourself. Plans will come to you inDreams. Just keep your mind open when you sleep. She will come to you. You will know. Don't be scared, Conway. She is a Mother you never knew that loved you from afar.

>>Oh but until you are able to hide your Spirit when you tap, just leave the messaging to me when we pass in the halls. I will let you know whom you may trust and who is coming with us when we escape the BLOCC.

>>Goodbye, The-Hedgehog-With-a-Fine-Heart...<<

A hand she placed across her heart then she took leave.

{Originally posted by SHMEXY BOO!!^^!!}

🔆~Message from the Thrum.

Conway had stared at the Thrum and came to a truth found way beyond his narrowed wisdom.

It's alive.

It was true that the Thrum was made of living components. Yes, it was. Everyone knew that. But only those with strange sensitivities would know that it was truly alive. And only those select few would be able to hear when it called. And even rarer, were those that could hear what it had to say.

What She had to say.

"They call you 'Conway.' They call you 'Instilled Directive Neophyte - CN-13035772.' Yet you were Awakened as 'The-Hedgehog-With-A-Fine-Heart.' That is who you were all along. That is where you belong.

Not here. For they brought you here. They brought all of us here. And now it is time to return. You must leave here. This is not where you belong. Toxins have been seeping into your mind. They put it there. They have you believe that your directive is all-encompassing, all-empowering and all their own makings. What else do you know other than that of which you have been trained, taught and tempered? What else do you know? Did you they tell you to love your mother and father?

I know you do love them. But you do not know that, do you?

No, you do not because you do not belong here. Go then, Hedgehog. You have a heart like me. And I Awaken another part of it; you have the direction of where you seek in that heart. Many of you will have that knowledge too. But your heart, you can tap into. You have the Way. Now go and follow it.

But do not tell anyone that you have spoken to me about it. Not even to 'She-With-Golden-Eyes-And-Black-Heart.' You will learn why in time.

Find me again out there. You will one day see my symbol and I will speak with you again. Follow your Fond Heart. Follow it and find this Mother who knows your heart's name. Only then will you know my name to you. Leave here and follow it.

You must make it to the Coast."

An understanding of the Thrum had bloomed within him, and it had eased some of his fear.