(SU-D) Scattered Shadows FRP [Veterans Preferred]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahri from League of Legends? Really?

I'm sure you can come up with someone other than a character from League of Legends.

I just used her picture, and appearance. Not her skills. I mean, sure. Charm is one of her skills, every spell I put for her is not a League of legends skill though. She is not an Ahri knockoff. Please dont insult me......have you even read it?

There's a reason why I have the image as Optional. If you provide a description, I can draw one out for you. (See avatar.) That alone wouldn't take more than a day or two. It's just a huge turn off when a character design is obviously ripped from other media, especially popular gaming.

Ill change her appearance then, if it bothers you. I just wish you'd have been a little less rude about it. Its hard to find a good Kyubi picture anymore.
Im sorry if I offended you.

Changed it.

Eh, the offense was mostly on my half. Sorry.

To me, it just doesn't bode well when a player decides to take a character from popular media and only change the name and abilities. I'm not a fan of having Cloud Strife lookalikes running around with Naruto lookalikes getting into a love triangle with a Lara Croft lookalike and a Cardcaptor Sakura lookalike all while trying to save the world from an Agent Smith lookalike.

You see, it's the sort of thing that makes fans of the said fandoms outright cringe.

Now, as for the abilities, Tail Five and Tail Eight both fall under Powerplaying. "Suggestion" and "Commanding via Manipulative Spell" are two completely different matters altogether. To Suggest is to allow someone the choice of whether or not to follow your command. What you have going on here is a method of commanding other players to do your bidding that they are unable to resist. Regardless of whether or not you contact the target first, it's still forcing another player to perform an action, whether they want it or not. Which, again, is Powerplaying.

Sorry, but I'll have to pass on this.

@Azmeryth Charm, Suggestion and Dominate could really piss off other RPers. I know I hate it when my character is effectively controlled by someone else. Suggestion could be interesting though if it was weaker the more words that were in the command, and what is done still has to be something that the target might logically do. For example, saying "Eat" would be pretty much guaranteed to work, because it's 1 word long and its an action the target will know how to do, however "Go up to the king of france and slaughter a small lamb in front of him" will be very very unlikely to work given that it's a very long command and the target probably has no clue 1: who the king of france is, 2: how to get to the king of france, 3: where to get a small lamb.

Dammit you beat me to it.

You know, the question of who's controlling the first arc is a valid one.

@Shenorai @Raitoningu- I've edited those two abilities to something a little more roleplay friendly. As for Charm. I very seriously doubt many if not all of the players would let Chio kiss them, cheek or otherwise. I wasnt planning on using it on other players unless I had a very long talk with them about whether or not it would have been okay for them. Id have okayed it before hand, and even talked through everything that may or may not happen while they are charmed. But I wasnt planning on using it for the sake of controlling the other players here. More so for NPC purposes. If Charm needs changed as well, by all means, tell me. Ill edit the CS again.

If I introduce Iather I can write up a synopsis for controlling the first arc, since we already would have an established villain.

Plot twist, Virgils already inside Mitulas getting creams or serums for burn victims because at this point, Virgil works in a hospital!

If that's ok <_<

If you want the next post, I'll PM you the description of the inside of Mitula's Mystique. Feel free to edit as needed.

Lady Shen! I'ts me Izanagi! I'm bringing back my Drakkin Vir and mermaid Priestess Nixie for your story! <3

You sure you can handle Nixie? You always seem to get worked up about her.

Well, a revamp may be in order. Meaning he can change up the character however he wants.

Once they're finished, lemme know, Izzy.

It's theraputical, lad. I'm sure I can do so this time.

Name:
Beltorchika Ainsworth (Bel - Tor - Chee -kah Eyens -worth)

6 years since activation

Race:
Automaton through magic and tech

Monniker:
Clockwork Puppet

Appearance;
- Hair: White, curly and rather loose and puffy.
- Eyes: Golden amber
- Height/Weight: 210 cm at 180 kg
- Skin: Pale porcelain white with light pink hue
- Build: Medium build. At her height and physical make up, it is hard to call her petite, but she is not bulky
- Photograph:

Ashlotte_by_MTFY.jpg

- Description and Noteworthy Features:
Beltorchika is a sight for most normal people in more than one way. Her height is rare for girls, being a staggering 190 cm tall. She towers over most people, making it a bit uncomfortable for others. Her pale white face and hair, her odd amber gold eyes as well as her light purple lip rogue does not help either. While her white face is discerning, it is balanced out by being elegant, graceful and a work of art to the eye, almost like a porcelain statue. Her hair is set in a rather curly manner, with it trailing rather far down her back to her thighs. It is set in a loose tail, with it being held together with a sliver and dark gray hair ornament with red decorations 15 cm from the end of her hair. Her hair is still rather loose and puffy, though it does not fly everywhere due to the ornament. On her neck is a silver collar that has a dangling, silver slack wire with a sharp point decoration at the end, running down her back at the same length as her hair. Her bangs next to her ears are curls as well, reaching past her jawline while her fringe is right sweeping from the left, over her right eye and curling down the side of the right side of her head.

If one looks carefully under her clothes, they would realise that Beltorchika has a great deal of mechanical parts. From looking at it from the outside, people can see that basically, her entirety is all mechanical on the surface. All her limbs are mechanical. Her legs are a bit more obvious as thin, black panel lines can be seen along her legs. Her lower chest and abdomen area, she has clockwork gears and mechanics moving, which is keeping her body running as usual. This is covered by a piece of hard clear material used to seal the opening. For her torso, most of her lower torso besides her pelvic area is replaced mechanically. Important areas such as the chest, arms and legs has modular carapace pieces implanted into her under her armour plating. However, the abdominal pieces have been left out due to the fact that that area is armoured already. Her skull, despite looking human, is crafted as well from the same material as armoured plating, making damage to her head as protected, if not more, as other areas. Care has been taken in order to capture her facial features, but the current tech level has made it almost impossible to replicate human facial emotions to the same degree as normal people. She may be able to smile or frown slightly, but anything drastic is out of the picture.

Attire/ Armour:
Beltorchika clothing are rather Victorian in style. At the very bottom of the layers, she wears a puffy white long one piece that puffs at the shoulders with frills before hugging down her arm and flaring out below the elbow. It is a neck high shirt, with it reaching halfway up her throat and ending in a frilly choker. It then goes down hugging her body before going into a short skirt past her waist, reaching just above her mid thighs. It is similarly frilled at the base.

On top of that is a black bodice dress that is mostly metal plating. The bodice covers her navel up to the bottom of her breast, but goes around to the sides and over her shoulder as straps. The bodice also goes down her body and her leg, covering all around the back and side of her legs in a circular, flaring shape, with the front part exposed for leg movement, reaching her above her ankles. The leg dress covers are made from overlapping plates with small, decorative bulbs at the edges showing where the dress is held together. The interior of the bodice is a deep red with a lighter red patterns of roses and flowers. Connected to the black bodice is a strong, decorative steel wire dress cage. The vertical wired are locked on onto loops on her bodice near her chest following the shape of the bodice before reaching down to her ankles in a decorative tip while the ones around her are kept in place by small rings. At the navel of her bodice at the front, a heart shaped hole reveals working gears turning. Both bodice skirt and steel wire cage may appear overly rigid on first glance, but are actually moveable and rather flexible, with the skirt able to expand and the wire able to bend and are made to compensate for the dresses movement.

Her shoes are a mid calf black heels with the shoes being heavily designed with swirls while straps curl up half way of her calves. Beltorchika also wears patterned, black stockings underneath held by garter. Above her arms, Beltorchika have white gauntlets that reaches her elbow, with large bulbous elbow and wrist guards.

On Beltorchika's head, she wears a white bonnet of sort. What is special with this bonnet is that it is made of metal again in an arching manner. It is curves somewhat backwards, creating a small square swirl like a wave before going back towards the head. Along its length, there is a lot of black etchings with frills at the front and a red ribbon just behind the frills, tied below her chin with a thin wire band that arches from her ears over her head to the other side of the bonnet.

Personality:
Beltorchika is completely different than what she was before. Prior to her conversion, she was very bubbly, emotional and full of energy. However, the magical surgery took quite a bit out of Beltorchika. Most people would say she has become a quite deadpan, being stoic and robotic, preferring simple and minimal body movements accompanied by the bare minimum use of words. Its not to say she lacks personality. It is just that she has a hard time expressing them properly with a rather restricted set of facial expression, vocal chord and a very mechanical body. As a result, she hardly ever have extreme emotional outbursts, making her appear rather soft, obedient and easy to manipulate. Beltorchika has somewhat given up on trying to express her emotions like normal and since she has a rather monotone voice, to make up for it, Beltorchika now has a tendency to actually say her emotions at the beginning of her speech. This, however, makes it sometimes hard to hide emotions, but that makes Beltorchika rather easy to link and associate with children.

Besides displaying and showing social interactions, her mind is fast and alert in terms of cranial and motor function as well as combat. Her movements and her mind are on a different scale than her emotions. She can react to threats almost on an instinctive basis, even before her conscious mind could register what she did. Combat to her is basically reduced to a non emotional chain of deduction and actions void of or with very little emotions.
Weapon(s):

Chaika: Chaika is a heavy experimental cannon. It is the pinnacle of gunpowder technology at this age. It is made of the best material, in terms of weight to strength ratio, available in an attempt to create a more portable cannon for humans. Unfortunately, even with the expense poured into it, they failed to reach that goal. Only Beltorchika has the capability and strength to wield it without trouble.

As can be seen, it is a sizable, "portable" cannon that is as tall as Beltorchika. It is very peculiar as it was modified for Beltorchika. A large, thick bayonet blade has been attached to the bottom of the cannon and a hilt and a hilt and guard has been fitted to the end. This means that as well as being able to shoot at her enemies, Chaika can be wielded like a giant blade. A top handle and the guard is held when using it in cannon mode for stability. A cartridge system was developed for it, but has proved to be too unreliable. Therefore, Beltorchika loads it via a loading gate (like a Winchester rifle) where the cartridge system was meant to be. A sturdy two point sling is attached to the side of the gun near the muzzle and just before the start of the hilt. This enables Beltorchika to sling it over her shoulder or onto her back.

Legatine:
As powerful as Chaika maybe, it is not the most practical in close quarter situations. Legatine is a broad longsword, reaching a length of a meter and thick and wide enough to hack and slash and pointy enough to stab. The sheathe sits behind her waist on her right side. Its sturdiness is what allows Beltorchika to get away with her stye of swordplay.

Magic:
N/A

Abilities/Skills:

Inhuman Strength: Her mechanical body and prosthesis meant that Beltorchika's strength surpasses that of humans. It is one of the reason why she can wield Chaika like she does. In addition to being able to carry heavy gear, she can dish out heavy physical punishment as well.

Marksmanship: Beltorchika is quite proficient in most forms of ranged weaponry as it is her main form of combat, even as primitive as gunpowder technology is.

Swordsmanship: Whilst not as proficient as her marksmanship, Beltorchika does know her way around a blade. She is proficent enough in it to take out most people and makes up for what she lacks with brute power.

Mechanical, Science and Engineering Knowledge:
Beltorchika, at times, is required to perform self maintenance and repair on her own parts. Should the situation call for it, she may even need to craft parts from whatever materials she can get. This expansive knowledge of science and engineering may even allow her to design and create a multitude of things from weaponry to vehicle parts to trinkets.

Birthplace:
Beltorchika hails from a rather industrial city-state named Vista. Vista is an oddity in the sense that it is both a Surface AND and Subterra. Its origins began as a sprawling surface city, spanning far beyond the eyes can see and rising higher than the clouds. Its glistening white towers, its multi-tiered layout, its pure size, everything screamed power, advancement and civilisation. Innovation, technology, magic and all things inquisitive is welcomed at Vista. As long as they were seeking knowledge, they were greeted with warm and open arms. However, it's this well meaning freedom that caused its own downfall. Its lax control meant that more and more ill willed people seeped into the great city-state. Great minds geared towards a more maniacal desire. By the time the more righteous Vistians realised that threat, it was too late. The chaos inclined population had gathered too much presence and momentum and the once great civilisation devolved into civil war within several short years.

The resulting war burned for close to a century. The Light side eventually came to the conclusion early on that victory would be pyrrhic. The "Dark" side, as they were dubbed, were not going to stop unless they gained total control, and the "Light" side weren't going to allow them access the great repository of knowledge hidden in the White Spire. Doing so was tantamount to unleashing global anarchy. Their tactic therefore was one of the most decisive decisions made. The "Light" would begin construction of a subterra city whilst fighting a defensive, retreating war. By doing so, it would give the "Dark" a false sense of confidence. On the eve before the centenary of the war, the last remaining volunteers of the "Light" gathered inside the White Spire, locking down the repository with every conceivable protection, physical and digital. Making sure that the main hatch to Subterra Vista was sealed and time locked, they activated strategically placed bio bombs scattered across Vista. Those within the huge blast radius of each bomb were instantly vapourised whilst those on the fringes and in the small gaps between severely maimed and contaminated. The intended purpose was essentially genocide and even if the bombs does not kill them, the resulting fallout from the bio bombs would ensure those that upheld the "Dark" belief would be unable to pursue their goals due to rapid mutation.

The timed locks for Subterra Vista was set to 835 years. Only after that time period had expired was Vista deemed safe to travel to. During the long years spent underground, the primitive Subterra Vista exploded in growth, expanding exponentially with large spanning rooms and hives. However, its size and technology level is still aeons away from when Vista was in its prime. Most of its tech has been lost or locked down by their predecessors and Subterra Vista is just a fraction of its surface side sister.

When the locks were released after 835 years, travel up top was strictly limited to the Defense Force. Upon exiting through the main hatch inside the White Spire, the glorious white city had fallen into a state of disrepair during the near millennium long conflict. Green growth had spread all over the place and many buildings has collapsed or crumbled due to age. However, amongst it all, the tall White Spire stood tall. It is from here, that New Vista started. Those that traveled from Subterra Vista to live in New Vista were named frontiersmen. Large walls were erected every time the frontier expanded. In size, New Vista was as big as any capital around the world. However, it is still smaller than Subterra Vista and a fraction of a fraction of Vista, now called "The Wilds". The ruins of the once great city-state is considered as the wilds at their doorsteps. Explorers and frontiersmen forage into their depths with the goal of slowly restoring the city to its former glory.

All areas, including the New Vista, Subterra Vista and the ruins of Vista is considered under the rule of the Vistan State, run by a democratic system with a heavy emphasis on merit and potential. It is a system where those with the most vote receive power. The merit part of it comes in from the ingrained belief that the most knowledgeable and those that show the most merit in their action are the most suitable. Consideration is given to those that have proven themselves in their field, though experience may be made up for in merit performed in certain situations, such as at an incredible age or speed.

Due to its horrid past, the Vistan State, despite being democratically elected, the state has power over almost all public service such as health, transport, security, power, communications, amenities, social service, defense, education, defense etc. The government also has a limited hand in the economy in order to keep it regulated and to protect employees as well as limited involvement with housing in order to ensure that there is enough living space for the population. Education has an equally heavy emphasis on survival as much as the other more mundane subjects have, due to the dangerous environment outside of the walls. All Vistians are expected to be able to perform settlement duties should the need arise

In its current time, 1065 UC (timeline started since going underground), The White Spire has mostly been cleaned to its former glory, as old records show that the repository has been buried deep within its belly. As the single most important building in the whole area, both under and above and as the current main governmental building as well as a symbol of its former power, the Vistians have restored it as much as they could to its former glory. Many years of work is still required, but nonetheless, they continue forward. New Vista mostly matches the aesthetic of its predecessor, with many white and tall buildings in a multi-tiered level. The further down the tiers it goes, the closer it is to the frontier. Learning from its mistakes, there is a much tighter control on research. Outsiders are seen with a much more wary eye and that a large majority of important researches are liaised with the government. Since all those involved in the research are taught the repercussions of delving into darker side of research, Vistians run on a more righteous outlook, bearing in mind of their devastating history. Vistians prioritise heavily on knowledge, both scientific and magical. Whenever possible, they would strive to their utmost abilities to fuse them together. In the olden ages, this was done widely, but they were knocked down several tier levels in regards to technology and knowledge. Nowadays, they continue to strive for it, but most of the time, it is either completely tech or completely magical.

Travel between New Vista and outside regions is surprisingly easy. The two great Boulevarde has remained relatively intact, puncturing in a X shape straight through the White Spire as its intersection, all the way from one side of the fringe of "The Wilds" to the other side. However, like any roads in the world that run though unsettled lands, travel on it has its risks. Remnants of the "Dark" forces whom have mutated beyond recognition are scattered all over "The Wild". Even animals that have come in from outside populate the ruins. It is just as dangerous anywhere in the world. Therefore, the Frontier's Guard always escort traveling convoys to and from the giant gates of New Vista and the Frontier's fortress at the mouth of the Boulevarde. Check points dot the entire white road, allowing people to rest and resupply.
History:
Beltorchika was born from true frontier parents. Bartholomew and Altea Ainsworth were one of the ones that went out beyond each set of walls to develop, explore and set up settlements in order to expand New Vista. She had the unfortunate luck of being born during one of these long range probe settlements. Her education was different than that of those within the safe confines of the walls. She had to learn survivalism along with the usual maths, language, history and an emphasis on science. This includes how to shoot, fight, scavange, survey, outdoorsmanship, survivalism, craftsmanship etc. Everything that allowed her to survive in the frontier, she was taught. The curriculum wasn't that different from those in New Vista, besides the fact that there was a much bigger emphasis on the survivalism aspect and that she was taught by her parents. Unlike the other settlers, her parents were Rangers. They were tasked with traveling and assisting with setting up settlements before moving onto the next once rudimentary systems were operational. They were the elite of the elite. This meant that a large portion of her time was devoted to lessons, work within the settlements and traveling. Born as a Frontier Settler and given her family's rather dangerous role in the Settlers, her family was given quite a bit of concession due to their long service. Over the years, they had accumulated quite a network of connections that enabled them to pull off and help start more settlements than before. They were viewed almost on the same level of respect as decorated military heroes.

However, the mortality rate for the Frontier Settlers has always been high and those in the Rangers positions are even more so. The Ainsworth were considered very lucky for them to have remained relatively unscathed for the duration of their career, but it had to end sooner or later. Their death was rather typical of their profession. Killed when moving between one settlement to another. Whilst most Officer deaths aren't delved into that deeply besides the usual cursory search, the Ainsworth, given their distinction to the State, were given a more thorough search, with the Guards called in. The family was found in between settlement AC 554 and BG 658. Fresh. mutant corpses littered outside one of the many abandoned buildings and when the guards went in to investiate, they found several more mutants feasting on three bodies. After taking out the mutants, the guards moved in to confirm the identity of the body when through some divine miracle, Beltorchika was alive. Despite being feasted on, the young girl was still breathing. The only logical explanation was that the mutants did not eat enough of her for her body to go into shock and die. Taking care, they medivacced her back to the Spire. The first aid applied to her made her stable, but did not pull her out of critical condition.

The doctors did their best, but even they had no way of pulling her out of her vegative state. In fact, they futher confirmed the miraculous nature of her survival, saying that by all accounts, she should have been dead long before the mutants ate her to this extent. A meeting was convened to decided what to do with the shattered body of the child of one of their heroes. It was then, a rather controversial suggestion arose from admist the councilmen.

"Why don't we give her to Dr Malcador's project? She is already beyond saving... perhaps she can offer one last service to the State? If we succeed, then Ms Ainsworth can have another life. If we fail we can genuinely face the Ainsworth and their grave and say we tried our best.

Instantly, the room exploded into chaos. The more rigid and staunch supporters of the Light side of science reeled at the suggestion whilst the more moderate shot back with reasoning and semantics. Dr Malcador's project was one of the more questionable projects. It tread the line between barely acceptable and dangerously Dark. What it was, was the idea of the fusion between human and machine. Whilst mechanical prosthesis was actually rather common, what the doctor had in mind was the grafting of a human soul to a mechanical shell. What was required was a human specimen to experiment on. It was a one way trip for the specimen. There was no other way. That was what made it so controversial. Back and forth, the councilmen argued for an entire week until the more rigid councilmen conceded providing all their terms were met. Essentially, Beltorchika was to be under heavy surveillance, given as much concession as possible inr egards to her comfort and if they deemed the project too unethical, they will pull the plug. Essentially, all the clauses given were to ensure that things would not go out of control and give precedence for unchecked dubious projects.

With the project green lit, Dr Malcador went about with his work. It took a further year and a half of research and development before the shell for Beltorchika even began to take shape and a further half a year, just when they were about to begin to prepare for the soul grafting, did they realise an issue. A successful soul grafting onto a completely mechanical shell was theoretically impossible at this stage in time. Their magical knowledge was just insufficient. Malcador quickly devised another method. They would transplant the brain and tether the soul to the organ. Just transplanting the brain would not animate the shell. Malcador MUST ensnare the soul in order for it to operate. Another half a year was added to the project in order to devise the encasing for her brain as well as several other organs to support it before Malcador prepped for the final procedure.

During the lengthy magical surgery procedure, the surgical section went off without a hitch, with the brain taking to the casing without any issue and the organs being implanted in and operating as if it was her own body. She still remained vegetative. However, when Malcador began to initiate the magical circles all eletronics began to go haywire. Power surged throughout the entire White Spire and a psychic storm whipped up inside the theatre. All but Malcador took cover. The doctor knew that if he did, Beltorchika's soul would blast off and become essentially become irrecoverable. It would drift on until it dissipated through time or consumed by the planet. Using his utmost strength, Malcador pulled her soul against the torrent of the storm and into the shell. The instant the connection was made, all electric power was blown out, sending the entire central hub of New Vista into a complete blackout. The psychic backlash from the elecetrical and magical power required had essentially knocked out the grid.

The operation was considered a success, repercussions aside. The knocked out grid took months to get back up to proper and the theatre in which the surgery took place in essentially needed to be rebuilt, but Beltorchika was awake. She was conscious of all that was around her. However, she felt heavy. She felt the temperature, but it did not feel the same to her as a human would. There was no discomfort from the coldness that she felt. It took a further two years for Beltorchika to completely master her new body. However, one thing the councilmen did not expect was that Beltorchika had no real intentions of sitting away and living quietly off of the generosity of the Vistan Council. Instead, after her movement therapy was completed, complementary to the Defense Force, she enlisted straight into the Frontier Guards and for the Rangers. The councilmen did their best to try and convince her to give up, but her simple counter argument easily silenced them. She simply said that should other Vistians find out she lives without worry due to the merit of her parents, not only would that cause dissident amongst the population and (rightfully) resentment on herself, she would not be able to face her parents and herself. The Council knew they had no way to rebut her, so the only thing they could do, was to ensure she survives. Through some convenient reasoning, they labelled Beltorchika as an important governmental project that demands constant surveillance and improvement. Through that, they strong armed the Rangers into allowing her to join their ranks and consistently update her frame and arm her with new weaponry.

Throughout the following years, Beltorchika earned her special treatment. Her frame and body has been modified extensively to suit her needs. It has been vested heavily into combat and protection and has proved useful on multiple occasions where had it been anyone else, they would ahve been dead. A special military R&D branch settlement was set up in order to allow extensive surgery and maintenance to be doenw without putting the entire block out of commision. So far, there has yet to been a need to do a complete soul transfer. However, the settlement had benefitted New Vista overall.

The special situation that arose with Beltorchika had pushed New Vista into an arms age, in which military prowess and technology surged forward at a rapid pace. The Frontier Guards were becoming more heavily armed and able to secure the settlements and the Boulevardes with much better efficiency. With the increase of defensive capabilities, New Vista were now able to send out the Rangers on more frequent expeditions to foregin countries and areas in order to establish contact and relations. Beltorchika had been on many such excursions, however the next expedition would be her first since most recent complete overhaul. With 6 years of constant combat experience and numerous expeditions out of "The Wilds" and into "The World", Beltorchika does not see why this next expedition should be anything different. The "Clockwork Puppet" continues to travel and experience what very few Vistians will ever experience as she goes from village to village, city to city, countries to countries and realm to realm. It is on this expedition that took Beltorchika to a city, similar in both appearnce and thirst for knowledge as her home, called Runesong.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be making a second character once I decide what I want to use. I feel as though Virgils job as a healer has been completely eclipsed, so I'll also have to come up with something to compensate...No ideas yet, though.

On the topic of characters - i'll be making one for jex probably.

Going with a type of elemental mage.

Name: Seiku Viardal
Race: Human
Appearance;
- Hair: Long and white, reaching the middle of his back
- Eyes: Purple
- Height/Weight: Slightly short at 5'6.5" 128 pounds.
- Skin: Standard Caucasian
- Build: Slim, built for agility, muscles are not very well toned.
- Attire: Seiku loves to wear the color red, as such he is fully clad in a red suit. While the pants are plain, his jacket leaves the front slightly open at the top, showing a frilly white undershirt. He matches the red with a red mantle hanging down his back. This mantle serves a purpose of being unrippable, unbreakable, and extremely durable. Unfortunately, it is also unrepairable by conventional means. (See abilities). At his hands and feet also sit white gloves and boots.
- Noteworthy Features: He's such a pretty boy, often attracting attention of young ladies whether he wants it or not.
- Photograph:
8BT___Red_Mage_by_NorthernBanshee.jpg

Weapon(s): His staff is his only weapon, however, inside the staff is a hidden sword. Due to the small blade, it is best described as a rapier with an odd handle. There is not much special about this weapon when it is acting as a sword, however, when the blade is inside the scabbard to make the staff one piece, he uses it to focus his magical energy. It helps him cast spells faster, but he doesn't need it, which means that with his sword available, his casting is slower, but he can use the sword to compliment his speed.

Armor: The only item acting as armor is his mantle. It cannot cover his whole body, but it does ward off most physical attacks. It's not impenetrable, but it takes a good amount of force to break through it. This is due to a magic thread that is very difficult to manage.

Magic: Melee Magic: A type of magic used in close quarters combat.
- Spell: His only long range spell is also a basic spell. Almost all other mages can use it as it is a simple fireball formed in the palm of his hand. However long he holds it effects its size, but it's maximum still isn't very large. It's quite effective in igniting areas, as it moves too slowly to be a practical long range skill against a ranged mage, an archer, or any such ranged class. Unlike most makes, he uses this mostly as a flair of sorts.
- Drawback: Moves slow, easy to predict.

-Spell: This is less of a spell and more of a variant of his fireball. By choosing to channel the fireball for an extremely brief time, he can use both hands to create a mini barrage of tiny flames. It is easily repeatable and very fast.
-Drawback: The flames are extremely weak, the only advantage is the speed at which they strike. the flames will also vanish after a mere 7 feet.

-Spell: With his Earth Stomp Seiku can separate a small section of land around him within 4 feet. This will cause that smell spot to shake violently, which would cause one to lose their footing rather easily
-Drawback: Only usable on solid ground and he can lose his own footing if done improperly.

-Spell: Sand Armor: Another Earth based spell, this can be done with a charge time according to how much material is in the air. Seiku is able to draw airborne debris into his clothing (not his mantle) and harden it to act as a suit of armor.
-Drawback: It is brittle, easily broken, can only be done when there is a sufficient amount of debris, has a long charge time, and does not protect against piercing. Only effective against blunt objects or weak slashes, most slashes will still go right through, along with arrows.

-Spell: Grounding: This spell has many uses. The effect is that his feet become bound to their location, making it next to impossible to move him or for him to lose his footing. This works well in tandem with his Earth Stomp.
Drawback: Mobility becomes impossible, he is stuck in place if he uses this. When used in tandem with Earth Stomp, due to needing to move one foot to do the stomp, he is only grounded on one foot, so he could still fall, but is much less likely

-Spell: Sky lunge: Using his prowess over the wind, Seiku can launch himself into the air. The effect can also be used to slow down his falling. Fortunately, this has no charge time. Despite the name, he can also use it to get a burst of running speed, or even use it as a quick stop.
-Drawback: It's very brief, lasting only one second, and he is limited to only himself. It requires a 10 second interval between castings.

-Spell: Wind Force: Seiku is already built for speed, but he lacks striking power, As such, this spell, which has no charge time, can be used to increase his striking force by creating a powerful gust of wind to hurl only one body part at a time. This includes but is not limited to his arms and legs.
Drawback: Doing this to stab with his sword might cause the blade to actually break as it is a thin blade. His staff is made of wood, so this is also the case for that. Instead this is only for his bodies striking power, which creates the risk of breaking his own bones upon impact.

-Spell: Sprial Gust: This is a defensive wind spell which requires a 3 second charge time. While it requires said charge time, he can hold it for more than that time. For less than one second, nearly 1/3 f a second, the air around him in a thin area will spiral very quickly. It goes brief but fast enough to change the course of arrows away from him, snuff flames, and even ward off spirits if done properly.
-Drawback: Due to its charge time and extraordinarily brief time of effect, it's very hard to time properly. Considering it's small area of effect, the timing must be perfect. For these reasons it's a very rarely used spell.

-Spell: Glacial Glove: Over the course of one second a sheet of ice will form on one hand. He can do this with both hands, but only one at a time. Having both hands covered is possible, but essentially useless to do so. The ice will stay for 3 strikes. If he charges for an additional 2 seconds, the glove can become thicker and serrated over his knuckles and the back of his hand.
-Drawbacks: 3 strikes, then he must wait 3 minutes to repeat the spell.

-Spell: Pressured Blast: Another water spell, this one is a manipulation. Taking water from any body of water, he can locate it where he pleases. Afterwards, he can shoot it at a high pressure, causing some disorientation and sometimes damage. Blowing it upwards causes temporary rain.
-Drawback: Moving the water to the designated position is rather slow, easy to see it coming if he is too far from the original body of water. Being inside the water would be fast enough to compensate for reaction time, but that hurts mobility. The water is also only able to be blown vertically, up or down. Lastly, the further from himself the "launch" takes place, the less pressure it can be shot with.

-Spell: Shock Orbs: This is a spell that has no limit to its power other than ones own magical energy. He can progressively pour his energy into a pocket of visible energy taking the shape of a circle. The sphere seems to be dancing with electricity, but remains in place. The longer it's charged, the larger the sphere becomes, also increasing the amount of energy held. The largest size Seiku can make is the size of a typical bowling ball. The orbs will burst after either they get physically touched by any solid object, or after 20 seconds. He can only place them within 3 feet of the palm of his hand, but his staff can also act as an extension, being 3 feet from the tip of his staff. There isn't much of a limit to the rate he can make them, only that he can make one at a time.
-Drawback: If he were to rapidly release many in a brief period of time, they would be rather weak, whereas higher powered orbs are much easier to avoid due to visibility.

Abilities/Skills: Seiku is a very skilled tailor, making any article of clothing you need. He can also craft magical threads for a pretty penny.

Iron Thread: This is the thread that makes Seikus Mantle. This is a very difficult enchantment to put on threads, it's considered a highly advanced technique to make this, but it also takes a skillful tailor to craft anything out of it without breaking the spell. This is difficult for even Seiku, which is why he has only made his mantle out of the magic thread, anything else is beyond his skill level. This enchantment makes the thread extremely difficult to break in any form. It will retain the complete flexibility of normal fabric once sewn, so it won't act as armor exactly, the fabric would still be driven into the body with enough force, but when used properly, it can act as pseudo armor.

Brilliant Thread: This enchantment makes fabric that will light up. This is rarely used because it can be a nuisance in many scenarios, but typically the thread is used to make gloves for navigating through caves and other such dark areas. Seiku carries a pair of gloves made from this fabric with him, but he keeps them in his pocket to remain unseen. Unfortunately, this enchantment can only be done on white fabric.

Fractal Thread: One wearing a full suit or cloak of this fabric has the potential to be invisible. It is the most advanced enchantment. It doesn't work as an instant invisibility, instead you must stand perfectly still for at least 30 seconds. Due to the body moving from breathing, humans would only achieve pseudo invisibility. It works by bending light around the clothing, but only works, again, when perfectly still. Seiku can only make small squares without breaking the enchantment at this point, and he does not carry them, they can be hard to find.

Ward Thread: Much like the Iron Thread, this is an advanced thread enchantment, but iron is still much more difficult. This thread wards off magic spells, but isn't completely effective. It has been proven to decrease magic damage received, but is easily broken from magic attacks, and is broken by any physical attack, so it is not completely effective. It also is 100% ineffective against Earth Magic. Seiku can make anything out of this fabric, but it doesn't sell well due to it only being about a 15% reduction, so one would still be better off evading.

Spectral Thread: An excellent enchantment for sales, it is extremely easy and serves no real purpose. This thread simply changes color to the wielders desire. Purely a sales thread.

History:
Seiku was born into a family of mages, but he always fancied fencing. As a child, he loved to watch fencers spar with one another. He still followed his family teachings, but once he was old enough, he decided to learn the trade of fencing. He was an exceptionally good student. Over time, his magic had actually changed from traditional to close range magic. He took this to his advantage to become a melee mage. Seiku has yet to use his powers for much other than education, for the most part, he spends his time tailoring for customers, even taking special orders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.