(SU-D) Scattered Shadows FRP [Veterans Preferred]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, good to hear. I'll try and have the sheet up by tomorrow.

An undead? Don't touch Virgil, you'll kill us both!

Or maybe you'd only kill Virgil and receive a living body...I hadn't considered the effects of touching the undead...

Don't worry, I can cure you.

You can't cure death. That's too much.

Resurrection spell.

Isn't that a little (lot) overboard, even for you? I mean, if you can resurrect people, what's the point in having a struggle? Even if the protagonists die, they just come right back...

If I die, you sure as shit aren't resurrecting my characters.

Because at his relative level, seeing as how he was converted from DnD, his resurrection spells have majour limits. His most accessible one has to be cast within a few seconds of death and the higher level one requires like 50% of the orignal body to actually ressurect; he doesn't have the ultimate one that doesn't require anything but a name. Which means if you explode, you're screwed. OF course I made a point of not mentioning that explicitly in the bio because of the OPness of it. IT's more plot point availability than anything so we don't ever have to use it.

Still, if one of my guys starts convulsing and dies with a fully intact body, they most certainly will not be coming back. Ever.

Name: Baron Morgan Dross the 14th
Race: Human undead
Appearance;
- Hair: Fell out years ago. He's not very bitter about that particular loss.
- Eyes: The worms got to them before he could, unfortunately.
- Height/Weight: The loss of Morgan's mortal flesh took an inch or two off, leaving him standing at about 5'4 and weighing in at a feather-light 90 pounds.
- Skin: It's somewhere, certainly. Just not on him.
- Build: He was already a thin, sickly man, and death didn't do him any favors in that department. Morgan comes off as waspish, almost emaciated when in disguise, and even moreso when out of it. Because he's a skeleton.
- Attire: Morgan wears the tattered finery that used to adorn him in life, a ragged waistcoat and red trousers accompanied by a tasteful white undershirt and black gloves and boots. When out in heavily populated areas, he wears an orange headscarf and a pair of thick spectacles. Don't want to draw the wrong kind of attention walking about.
- Noteworthy Features: Literally just a skeleton.
- Photograph: Linked for huge

Weapon(s): While he's far from a skilled warrior, Morgan's cane is both a potent magical focus and a serviceable cudgel.

Magic: Morgan was an accomplished necromancer in life, and death has brought him fresh understanding of the art.
- Wake the Dead: The primary tool in his necromantic arsenal, this spell allows Morgan to animate a corpse of any race or species as a shambling, grotesque servant. Undead created this way are mindless, incapable of independent action outside of self-defense if attacked.
- Spirit Catcher: After performing the appropriate ritual, Morgan can capture and contain a ghost, spirit, or other incorporeal entity inside of a specially prepared vessel. He prefers to use his old hip flask for this purpose. Once released, the spirit must follow one order given by Morgan before dissipating.
- Last Words: By pouring an offering of rum or other strong alcohol down a corpse's throat, Morgan may temporarily call back their soul from the veil of death to answer no more than three questions, after which the body returns to regular dead flesh and the spell cannot be performed again.
-- Drawback: Magic is in Morgan's bones, so to speak, sustaining him and keeping him animate. The more he exercises his mystical might, the weaker the enchantments holding his spirit to his body become and the closer he gets to dying for good. Thus, he tries to use his magic sparingly and only when the situation calls for it.

Abilities/Skills: Being a skeleton and all, Morgan is incredibly resilient, bouncing back from injuries that would kill a regular man. If his bones are scattered or disconnected, they simple pull themselves back together like a handful of magnets. However, this also means that both regular and magical healing practices have no effect on him, and a broken bone will stay broken forever without a suitable replacement. He is, however, a skilled medic and surgeon, and time has only given him more opportunity to hone that skill. Also, a damn good cook for somebody without taste buds.

History:

[spoili]Born to a wealthy and prosperous noble family in the distant barony of Lebaun, Morgan was a kind and generous patron, caring for those under him with a gentle hand and an iron fist. Whichever the situation called for. But, as time passed and age began to ravage his body, Morgan realized that without any children of his own, Lebaun would be left to his vile, treacherous cousin once Morgan succumbed to death. Panicked, he sought answers in every facet of magical study, from shamanism to oineromancy to the foul Sea Witches of Magha Kan. Every way he turned, he was met with the same answer: there was nothing anyone could do about his condition, no matter how hard he looked.

Desperate and running out of time, Morgan buried himself in his study of the perverse art of necromancy, hoping to halt his eventual demise through the study of the dead. His research was cut short, however, when his cousin poisoned him during a lavish banquet and Morgan collapsed, frothing at the mouth, into the Duchess of Redbrick's lap. He was interred in the family mausoleum, and the people of Lebaum mourned his loss for seven days and seven nights. His cousin came to power and soon, through a combination of greed, ill-advised military policies, and generally backstabbery, the barony collapsed, fading into the annals of history.

However, before the night of his assassination, Morgan came upon a magnificent discovery: a set of enchantments and seals that, upon the caster's death, would reanimate them as a powerful sentient undead. Before the banquet began, he performed the ritual under the stars, knowing full well that his meal would be poisoned. But it was only one hundred years later, after a band of graverobbers disturbed his tomb, that he truly returned to consciousness. Finding that over a century had passed and Lebaum had fallen, Morgan chose to make the most of his condition, wandering the world, hiding himself from the living, and righting whatever small wrongs he could come across. Now, he's come to Runesong, hoping that one of the city's mystic scholars might be able to offer insight into his condition.[/spoili]

Name: Baron Morgan Dross the 14th
Race: Human undead
Appearance;
- Hair: Fell out years ago. He's not very bitter about that particular loss.
- Eyes: The worms got to them before he could, unfortunately.
- Height/Weight: The loss of Morgan's mortal flesh took an inch or two off, leaving him standing at about 5'4 and weighing in at a feather-light 90 pounds.
- Skin: It's somewhere, certainly. Just not on him.
- Build: He was already a thin, sickly man, and death didn't do him any favors in that department. Morgan comes off as waspish, almost emaciated when in disguise, and even moreso when out of it. Because he's a skeleton.
- Noteworthy Features: Literally just a skeleton.

I laughed. You, sir, are a genius.
Magic: Morgan was an accomplished necromancer in life, and death has brought him fresh understanding of the art.
- Wake the Dead: The primary tool in his necromantic arsenal, this spell allows Morgan to animate a corpse of any race or species as a shambling, grotesque servant. Undead created this way are mindless, incapable of independent action outside of self-defense if attacked.
- Spirit Catcher: After performing the appropriate ritual, Morgan can capture and contain a ghost, spirit, or other incorporeal entity inside of a specially prepared vessel. He prefers to use his old hip flask for this purpose. Once released, the spirit must follow one order given by Morgan before dissipating.
- Last Words: By pouring an offering of rum or other strong alcohol down a corpse's throat, Morgan may temporarily call back their soul from the veil of death to answer no more than three questions, after which the body returns to regular dead flesh and the spell cannot be performed again.
-- Drawback: Magic is in Morgan's bones, so to speak, sustaining him and keeping him animate. The more he exercises his mystical might, the weaker the enchantments holding his spirit to his body become and the closer he gets to dying for good. Thus, he tries to use his magic sparingly and only when the situation calls for it.

I'm not Shen, so I'm not allowed to accept or deny, but I did have one question...How does he see without eyes?

Abilities/Skills: Being a skeleton and all, Morgan is incredibly resilient, bouncing back from injuries that would kill a regular man. If his bones are scattered or disconnected, they simple pull themselves back together like a handful of magnets. However, this also means that both regular and magical healing practices have no effect on him, and a broken bone will stay broken forever without a suitable replacement. He is, however, a skilled medic and surgeon, and time has only given him more opportunity to hone that skill. Also, a damn good cook for somebody without taste buds.

Don't. Touch. Virgil. Don't even poke his clothing. Stay 10 feet away from him. You will kill him.

(Actually, Virgil has to will the swap to happen, so it's ok, but he won't be touching you, just in case.)

Like I said Squee story elements where needed. You are after all in control of such things.

Mkay Tipsy, since she's finished, Beltorchika is approved, yo. You too, trashboat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since testing the waters with Agi will probably bring in the Woren Decuo as well, which is my second BoF inspired character.

It has been discussed, Red Fox and I have made our antagonists and know of a way to wrap in the main caste. Let's see how this plays out.

With Raiton on holiday as well as facing exams and family time, we've been given permission to use Serei as an NPC for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.