Style Updates: OMGCAN'TSEETHINGS COLORS ARE WEIRD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obsidian. But it happens with others as well.

And it happens randomly. Sometimes once a thread, sometimes more often. Both in PM and the Forum.

When you go back and check that thread or PM it's happened in, does it ever stop doing it? Or is it always messed up like that?

When you go back and check that thread or PM it's happened in, does it ever stop doing it? Or is it always messed up like that?

Continues to do it. If it's black, it stays that way. While in mid-post, the text changes to white and that stays white.

Continues to do it. If it's black, it stays that way. While in mid-post, the text changes to white and that stays white.

Okay! Can you give me a thread link where it's doing it?

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/neon-genesis-evangelion.68468/

Everything is black except from the sentence 'If this interests you at all,' and down.

Ah, okay, this is member error (not yours) where people aren't removing/doing text colors correctly and taking in to account that other members use different style backgrounds. In this case, they probably thought "Oh I am going to change the text back to default colors" but they're not removing the color bbcode they're just coloring the text black (or white if they're on the black styles) with the color editor.

This is not something we can really fix unless we only have one background color on all styles. D: ANd that would suck since some people can't handle the black backgrounds and some people can't handle the white. Removing the white/black color from the list wouldn't fix the problem either, and would only hinder potential styling for people who are still using it correctly.

Since you can't highlight the text to read it, you'd have to message the person doing it and let them know they're doing it wroooong so they can fix it. OR cheat and hit "Reply" to get a quote of the text so you can read it that way.

Ah, okay, this is member error (not yours) where people aren't removing/doing text colors correctly and taking in to account that other members use different style backgrounds. In this case, they probably thought "Oh I am going to change the text back to default colors" but they're not removing the color bbcode they're just coloring the text black (or white if they're on the black styles) with the color editor.

This is not something we can really fix unless we only have one background color on all styles. D: ANd that would suck since some people can't handle the black backgrounds and some people can't handle the white. Removing the white/black color from the list wouldn't fix the problem either, and would only hinder potential styling for people who are still using it correctly.

Since you can't highlight the text to read it, you'd have to message the person doing it and let them know they're doing it wroooong so they can fix it. OR cheat and hit "Reply" to get a quote of the text so you can read it that way.

Aah thanks! That way Im atleast certain it's nothing I can prevent. Just have to deal with it then :-) Thanks anyway!

Hey Diana, I'm the culprit in all of this haha. I, like you said, am indeed changing the color of text back to "black" after I color it because the default on my end is black (with a white background). However, the code doesn't come up like it does with html or anything, so I'm only left with the colors option. Should I type exclusively in color from now on to fix this issue, or is there some sort of trick to all of this I'm missing? Sorry for being such a dunce :teacher:

Hey Diana, I'm the culprit in all of this haha. I, like you said, am indeed changing the color of text back to "black" after I color it because the default on my end is black (with a white background). However, the code doesn't come up like it does with html or anything, so I'm only left with the colors option. Should I type exclusively in color from now on to fix this issue, or is there some sort of trick to all of this I'm missing? Sorry for being such a dunce :teacher:
There is a button in the editor that says "Remove formatting" when you hover over it, that will do the trick to remove all bbcodes and reset the box! You can also use the button on the right side that'll say "Use BB Code Editor" that'll let you view your post with all the bbcodes so you can selectively remove just certain ones, instead of the whole post of them.

Ah, I found it, the little color box marked "x". Thanks for the help!

Ah, I found it, the little color box marked "x". Thanks for the help!
That works too! *Pretends like she knew that existed* >>;; <<;;

Reactions: Finch
*Dies laughing*

Status
Not open for further replies.