Style Updates: OMGCAN'TSEETHINGS COLORS ARE WEIRD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Okay, I have as much done as I can for the moment. >> Now I need people to tell me where there are errors and problems.

There thread is for Problems with the style colors & positions only!

Ie: if you can't SEE something because a color is too light/dark, or if the position of text, boxes, etc are blocking things, covered, not responding, etc. etc.

"I HATE THE TWO COLUMN FORUMS BLAARRHGHGH!"
You dun get a vote on that. D:< We're a point where we need to do double-columns because we have so many forums and we're adding some new sections for you guys. We're trying to test out and try different styles of them now to find the best display.

SOOOO: If the responsive mobile stuff isn't kicking in, something is not aligned right, etc, do let us knooooow.

My only problem is this (on the mobile site) and I dunno if it's supposed to look that way... (Pictures below)
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sorry for the trouble ^^''

Reactions: Mid
Sorry if this post shouldn't be here, but just wanted to give a shout out to the staff! The site looks great, in my opinion, but I haven't been here as long as most so I guess I wasn't overly attached to the older style lol Anyways, great job =) And I have nothing to report color/position wise

Reactions: Mid
Ok, so I've noticed that when I hover over a thread title the background on the little description that pops up is mostly transparent so that the text underneath shows through and makes it very hard to read.

iwakuscreen.jpg
I'm using Jade at the moment, but it also does it on the default when I'm not logged in.

• Thank You
Reactions: Lady Sabine
Ok, so I've noticed that when I hover over a thread title the background on the little description that pops up is mostly transparent so that the text underneath shows through and makes it very hard to read.

View attachment 26129
I'm using Jade at the moment, but it also does it on the default when I'm not logged in.
Have had the same problem with peridot, amber, and all the others I've used since the changes.

That having been said this is the only change that is causing issues, which is fucking awesome. <3

Fixed the transparent backgrounds. o_o

Still looking for a fix for those titles. D:< I know there is one, I just have to find the right snippet.

• Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
Okay, I think that forum title issue is fixed now, but someone on mobile will have to tell me for sure. o_o

Just an FYI, If I go to my profile and click to bring up the list of people I'm following / are following me, the background is mostly transparent there too.

Thank you for fixing stuff! :)

The lighter themes still have dark themed sections that are difficult or impossible to read

I am viewing on iPhone 5, Safari browser

Opal

Topaz

Rhodonite

Quartz

This IS technically a style issue...

Can the Ilium Allegiance icons be made smaller, or otherwise tucked out of sight? They're cool to see, but their size means that most posts that aren't paragraphs long end up having large blocks of blank space below them. It can be annoying because it takes a second to figure out whether it's blank space or if someone just posted in the same colour as your chosen background.

• Thank You
In the FAQ:
The black background is hard on my eyes, is there a light style?
Yes! You will want to choose "Kehvarl's Light Scales". It is a white background with dark text.

Style doesn't exist any more, I am currently using Topaz, but some places like the Home page and Meet the staff has issues like White text on white background ^.^

Just posting to let everyone know I have seen these reports, I just haven't had a chance to get around to fixing them yet. O_O

• Thank You
I'm not sure if I post this here or in the bug thread but the Iwaku banner at the top of the page is partially cut off on my IPad. Not a big deal but I thought you should know.

Reactions: Ochalla
The dark themes are a bit too dark for me, so I switched to a light theme. I noticed that the buttons are still dark text on dark colors, and the contrast to the white background makes them hard to read. Attaching a screenshot to show what I mean.

Also, I really do wish there was an inbetween theme. I'm reading an RP thread and finding I need to highlight posts in order to read them. The black is to dark, but what about a grey theme that doesn't burn my eyes and doesn't bleach out the colors?

Attachments

• iwaku-theme-buttons.PNG
    iwaku-theme-buttons.PNG
    41.5 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
On the note of lighter themes, I would appreciate an off-white theme as well. Black I can't read, and white is a bit too blaring, but I get the feeling this is more of a personal preference. I still felt it was worth mentioning though~

Black is blacker than the Mother of all Blacks! @_@

indeed I can't read nothing that is dark.. Since I always used a dark theme, because is better for me via the phone at night time without blinding me lol

As I noticing some members changed their names with colours to black and I can't see it no matter what ..>_>
- sighs-

I havent changed a thing about my settings, but ever since the past 3 days the first half of posts/threads is written in completely black while the rest is just in white.

In the beginning I thought it was just some oddopen space, and didn't look any further, but since I looked like a complete idiot for 'ignoring' the first half of posts I now know there's actually text in that black space.

Second problem is that I cant always highlight.... so then I actually can't see a damn thing while the other half is perfectly fine.

Again; didn't changed a thing about my settings!

I havent changed a thing about my settings, but ever since the past 3 days the first half of posts/threads is written in completely black while the rest is just in white.

In the beginning I thought it was just some oddopen space, and didn't look any further, but since I looked like a complete idiot for 'ignoring' the first half of posts I now know there's actually text in that black space.

Second problem is that I cant always highlight.... so then I actually can't see a damn thing while the other half is perfectly fine.

Again; didn't changed a thing about my settings!

We haven't edited anything that would affect text in posts like that, ....that I am aware of. O__O Is it ALL posts? Or just certain ones or certain threads?

And which forum style are you using?

We haven't edited anything that would affect text in posts like that, ....that I am aware of. O__O Is it ALL posts? Or just certain ones or certain threads?

And which forum style are you using?

Obsidian. But it happens with others as well.

And it happens randomly. Sometimes once a thread, sometimes more often. Both in PM and the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.