STYLE ERROR REPORTS: For color issues, visibility, mobile issues, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The text part of the smilies help page is unreadable on a dark background. Looks okay on the other backgrounds, though.

The little word thing that pops up when you hover over the rich text editor button to embed media says Character instead of.. I think it was something like Insert Media before. I dunno. Here's a picture to show what I'm talking about in case that wasn't clear enough.

RabVcTd.png

The Message about adblocker this morning....I couldn't read it. I leaned really close but it was:
[BCOLOR=#ff99cc]Light blue on pink. Just like this.[/BCOLOR] I couldn't read it as you can see.....

EDIT: I am on the Medium theme on Chrome.

Last edited:
The overlay that pops up when you click on someone's username has a big gray spot on it where the "Custom Title," "Element Clan," and Age (also the star pertaining to age group) are located. Right above the status message. It wasn't doing this earlier today...

EDIT: This is in the LIGHT style.

The overlay that pops up when you click on someone's username has a big gray spot on it where the "Custom Title," "Element Clan," and Age (also the star pertaining to age group) are located. Right above the status message. It wasn't doing this earlier today...

EDIT: This is in the LIGHT style.
This happens in the dark style too. *Might be a bug, might be a style change. Points it out just in case.* :umm:

Is is at all possible to change all white texts to gray on Dark theme (as well as darken the neon green and orange markers), and swap white text for black where it is on teal background? Also, the red text (such as with the 'Report' link) is likewise painful, and there are some odd white buttons that stand out in a rather distinctively unpleasant manner... (Also - drawing text to block highlights it white...)

My laptop screen does not allow setting the contrast/brightness any lower, and right now, all three themes really hurt my eyes to the point the site is nigh unusable to me... The medium theme is *slightly* better than Light or Dark, but not by much.

Conclusively, the contrast of all themes is far, far too high for my eyes, and literally physically painful to look at. The only way I can read the site at all is by disabling the use of the site's colors from browser settings ... which sadly cannot be done for a single site.

A few more things I've noticed...

Overlap and empty space issues (especially in narrower windows):
Example from BBCode reference page, only a fraction of field width is used, causing large empty space and vertical stretching out:
ekraanipilt2014-12-31182137.png

This seems to be an issue with quotes in general - the quote field is between a third to a half of the textarea width, which means that especially in case of narrower windows,
quotes
are for
matted
like this.
The field
is just
that
narrow
despite
all the
space
next to it.

(Isn't as obvious on wider windows and screens, but you can still see that the quote is much narrower than the textarea itself.)
Edit: A slightly less bad example from this page:
quotewidth.png

Overlap and empty space issues on groups page (red markers mine):
ekraanipilt2014-12-31182624.png

Medium-light theme color issues demonstrated in a png:
mediumlight.png

Last edited by a moderator:
A few more things I've noticed...

Overlap and empty space issues (especially in narrower windows):
Example from BBCode reference page, only a fraction of field width is used, causing large empty space and vertical stretching out:
ekraanipilt2014-12-31182137.png

This seems to be an issue with quotes in general - the quote field is between a third to a half of the textarea width, which means that especially in case of narrower windows,
quotes
are for
matted
like this.
The field
is just
that
narrow
despite
all the
space
next to it.

(Isn't as obvious on wider windows and screens, but you can still see that the quote is much narrower than the textarea itself.)
Edit: A slightly less bad example from this page:
quotewidth.png

Overlap and empty space issues on groups page (red markers mine):
ekraanipilt2014-12-31182624.png

Medium-light theme color issues demonstrated in a png:
mediumlight.png

This overlapping and column width issue is even worse on mobile screens, ESPECIALLY in messages. The example @Shienvien gave fit a word or two on each line. In the messages on mobile, in landscape mode, everything is covered if the NEW marker is there, and half a letter is visible without it., on average. In portrait, a few letters are visible on each line.

I think I brought this up before but I still cannot read questions on polls when put in a thread. In both dark and medium styles it is black on a dark gray....not the most readable of color choices.

Edit: Here's a screenshot

issue.jpg

• Thank You
Reactions: Diana
Fixed the invisible poll stuff

and hopefully the wonky member card stuff so it's visible... at least more visible. >>

And the adblock notice!

And hopefully the page block to show which page you are on the thread. o_o

Still looking in to other issues. @__@

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine
Diana said:
And hopefully the page block to show which page you are on the thread. o_o
Sorry, @Diana. >.>

It turns out that element and the [quote]/[spoiler]/et cetera blocks' background on the Dark theme are unusually neutral. Not only are they aesthetically out of place, but the grey text that usually gets put in the former is just barely legible (granted I'm sitting behind glasses so I'm not exactly the optimal beholding eye ^.^;).

Untitled.png

Last edited:
In a board (like a signups board), not all threads are showing page numbers.

Edit: This is in the Medium Light style.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.