STYLE ERROR REPORTS: For color issues, visibility, mobile issues, ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issues I have found, minor compared to the sheer chicness of Iwaku.
I have even provided images to help with solving them!
Blog Previews:
PiQJjEO.png
Buggy Alerts
6aPC4Q1.png
i second and third and fourth this

holy crap, that contrast is harsh on the eyes

its also prevalent in the group roleplays

No more "push to go back to the top of the page" button for mobile?

Maybe I'm just spoiled but scrolling is painful on a phone sometimes.

So i just checked a thread in a group I'm in with a friend and literally all the message boxes are white and its impossible to see the text. is there a way to change this ?

All white posts in Moderated Groups' Roleplays...can't see em unless you highlight :S

I liked when there was a bunch of blank space after the end of the forum part, before the bottom of the website came into view. For example, the ilium forum is small, so I see more of the header and footer than the actual forum, and it dominates my view. Can more blank space be added after the forum ends?

OK, sorry about saying the button is gone. The problem is my laptop monitor cannot resolve the difference between obsidian and black.

Groups are also missing a link to post a new thread, and the 'reply count' when viewing the threads in a group is white, making invisible texts like in the posts. In the Medium style, the 'group owners' and 'group members' numbers suffer a similar contrast issue

Login pull-down menu is also dark-on-dark making it difficult to to read.

That's all I can find on PC so far.

Also curious if we're gonna get the Iwaku Bunny or some other form of site banner at the top again, or if it's going to stay blank (dislike :( ) or if there's an adblocker on this laptop that I haven't disabled and everybody else can see something in that space

Last edited:
Threads with unread posts are showing up in bold and italics again. Can we go back to them just being bold?

Reactions: Asena and Minibit
On iphone 5, the white background with slightly not-as-white white text is damn near impossible to read, making mobile iwaku use for me impossible.

So, here's one that doesn't seem to have come up yet.

Messaging on mobile.

The format is so bad that it's almost laughable. Especially in landscape format. In portrait, my kindle displays a thin column with a few letters of the message to a line, and in landscape, it's literally a letter to a line. I would screenshot, but I can't on my kindle.

Oh look, it is a display issue. For reference, my screen resolution is 1366x768.
Screen.png

So, not sure if this is a style bug or not, but where are one on one prefixes? I miss those, and truthfully it makes it easier to scan through for my own threads with a tag on it :(

I wonder if something can be done about the font? The edges are quite blurry, either the forum software is being too zealous with cleartype, or the font is too small causing artifacts, or the font itself isn't good.

For example, the tops of all the lower case e's are a grey colour. Disorienting.

So, not sure if this is a style bug or not, but where are one on one prefixes? I miss those, and truthfully it makes it easier to scan through for my own threads with a tag on it :(
Why not 'watch' your threads, then you can just click the alert or the 'all watched threads' link at the top.

I think the prefixes are gone because the one on ones are genre sorted by SUBFORUM now, but I'm not certain

Why not 'watch' your threads, then you can just click the alert or the 'all watched threads' link at the top.
I think the prefixes are gone because the one on ones are genre sorted by SUBFORUM now, but I'm not certain
Well it is watched but the way the watched thread works taking me to only unread threads doesn't help me, so for me it's easier looking in the forums~

Well it is watched but the way the watched thread works taking me to only unread threads doesn't help me, so for me it's easier looking in the forums~
From 'watched theeads' there's a link to view 'all watched threads'. One extra click is still easier than searching the forum if you ask me. I think they're working on making it default to 'all threads' instead of 'unread', too.

Personally I don't really have a need to view the thread if there's nothing new in it, so I just use my alerts :3

FIXED
Unreadable Groups Pages
Unreadable Blogs Index
Forum made in fluid layout
new threads no longer italics

Still working on find other things

Status
Not open for further replies.