Stupid Things You've Said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me? No, never! :3
You know your awkwardness is irredeemable when you accidentally say "Thanks, you too" when a waiter tells you to enjoy your food.
Except for this.
I did this once before but with the guy handing out tickets at the movie theatre instead.

Sometimes your wit can backfire. Painfully. To the point where the embarrassment can keep you up at night.

Paraphrasing a convo I had in Biology once:
Guy: *something something (my IRL name) something* "It's like everything that comes out of her mouth has to be witty!"
Me: *overhears* *realizes I am not currently being witty* "Well, am I saying anything like that right now?" *feeling confident in my retort*
*extended silence*
Me: *facedesk*

Ah, the joys of social illiteracy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to make a holocaust joke with a friend of mine who is jewish.

Needless to say, he didn't find the joke very... *shades* Kampfy.
Well if he can't take the heat then he should get out of the oven.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: King and Darog
Anything I posted on Facebook within the first six months of my having one.

I work with children and often tell them how much I love them, because I do and some of them don't hear it enough at home. However, you can't do that with adults. There have already been a few close calls where I'm talking to a coworker or a cashier and nearly said I love them after they do something kind because I say it so often during an eight hour workday. I'm waiting for it to happen randomly next semester. >_<

This happened today - it wasn't so much a stupid thing said, but it sounded stupid and it was an embarrassing encounter with words.
I was walking into uni this morning and a woman stopped me, asking whether she could get to the library in the direction I was going. My response was an awesome,

"Ah yeah, I think you can you get um library 'round that you way."
The woman was polite and thanked me, but there was a slim chance she entirely understood what the hell I was saying. When people suddenly talk to me, I just start saying words that kind of relate to what was asked. Kind of.

Me: something something something "Futuristic future"
@Yata Misaki: Did you just say "Futuristic future?"
Me: Fuck.

"Why does pain hurt?"
Me as a four year old talking to my grandmother

"Why does pain hurt?"
Me as a four year old talking to my grandmother
To be fair this one doesn't even sound like something stupid.

There are many ways we could have evolved to be aware of injury, why is had to be something that causes us to feel bad is a legitimate thing to ask.

1) *Room is completely silent, no one is around and I'm alone in the house playing video games*
"GOD FUCKING DAMN IN -lilbro's name here- WHY CAN'T YOU EVER SHUT THE FUCK UP WHEN I'M PLAYING GAMES?!?!"
*looks around and realized no one is around... old habits die hard*

2) *When I'm visiting my grandmother as a child on my birthday, first we went to a waterpark, then got tons of Pizza, I got a lot of toys I wanted and 4 bags of candy, some cake and then spent a week camping in a nice trailer home in a forest in Northern CA where my creativity seemed unending and I was amazed by the redwoods and like... after about 2 weeks of fun I'm sitting in the back of the car going home*
Gradma: "So You had lots of fun this birthday?"
Me: *Nods, my mind still warped in creativity* "So is this what it's like to be old and almost dead" (or something like that) 8D
Grandma: *Doesn't say a thing and the rest of the drive was beyond silent. I failed to realize it was awkward for a long time, and when I did I felt the heavy weight of the awkwardness.*

3) *Young me again, At my home and my dad has managed to have a stab wound from a stone dear in his leg and recently broke his back during his job as an RT. *
ME: "Hey dad I'm going on a jog with some friends. Wanna come along?"
Dad: *Stares at me and my ignorance with the utmost greatest rage, hate, anger, sadness and more in his eyes, not even saying a word as he looks at me.* "No... But you go have fun." *Grumbles something after.*
Me: *Realizes his mistake* "Oh... yeah, I'll try. Be safe dad." *sprints away with all my might, Feeling his inner rage the rest of the day*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mundane Monster
"This is my stop. I'll call you."

Without having asked a phone number, realising that seconds after I get off the train.

It's common that I do the classic:

Fast food/retail/whatever worker: I hope you enjoy your movie!
Me: You too!

As a painfully shy fish;

Old acquaintance comes around: "Oh, hey, how are you doing?"

Me: //splutters "Great, fine, fantastic, I need to go... Errr... Nowhere?"

Or back in high school;

Teacher: "Ah, perfect timing. I just wanted to talk to you, come to my office."

Me: "Ah, no, no, no, thank you for the offer!"

//it is lunch break and I misinterpreted the question as an invitation to eat lunch with her. She was that kind of odd teacher and I was wandering around on my own.

The last two hours of my job every day consist of me sitting at the desk in the lobby of an office building and saying good morning to the people coming in to work for the day. I have to force myself to say something like "good morning" instead of just a simple "hi" or "hey" as a greeting, and sometimes it sorta sticks around past work time.

One time, at 5 PM, I said "good morning" by way of greeting to someone. It was awkward.

The last two hours of my job every day consist of me sitting at the desk in the lobby of an office building and saying good morning to the people coming in to work for the day. I have to force myself to say something like "good morning" instead of just a simple "hi" or "hey" as a greeting, and sometimes it sorta sticks around past work time.

One time, at 5 PM, I said "good morning" by way of greeting to someone. It was awkward.

Night shifts do that to you. When I worked nights I always ended up saying "Have a good rest!" to people leaving in the evening. One day I said "Have a good rest....of...the...uhh...day!" to a cashier when I had gone shopping. It was 9pm at night.

[REDACTED]

Wait, no,

"*insert everything I've ever said here*"

No, wait, "Take Care, sweetie." To the girl at the GameStop Checkout counter when I bought FE:A

Status
Not open for further replies.