Studio Ghibli? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but what about Mr.Imagineer?

I'll give it a watch, but I still have to watch Totoro, the rest of Kiki, not to mention the Wind Rises and the rest of Kaguya

Hi!!! Yes! I have been waiting for something Ghibli based to be posted on here. I be willing join regardless of which Ghibli it is based on, lets face it they are all good. I do like the Cats Returns!

~ The Wind Rises was a good one, oh man it hits you in the feelings.

Up on poppy hill downright jack slaps the feels to me. So saaaad... :( But yeah, Imagineer, give it a watch so you'll understand. It's only an hour and 15 minutes so it's shorter than the other movies. Till then we can try and figure out how this is going to go about.

Reactions: TheImagineer
I am tempted to watch it but I don't think I can do the feels tonight I gotta lot to do since school starts up for me tomorrow....Can't be crying alot like Grave of the Fireflies made me.

I'm listening to the Princess Mononoke Soundtrack right now....

It's the coolest of the worlds IMO

Yeah, feels are sensitive. I'm just trying so hard to think of a way to carry this out...

Maybe, the cats still do not have a queen for their King of the Cats yet, so they hunt for a suitable person. Maybe they find someone, or just take someone regardless, and are followed by the person's friends or etc. Yet again, rpers could be cats in the kingdom, people being with the person, or one of the cats like Baron perhaps?

Oh heck yeah From Up on Poppy Hill, I wish when I went to school that it had a kick ass building for the clubs. And Grave of the fireflies, now that one is just sadness all around. At least with The Wing Rises, you get a good mix of emotions.
I like the idea for the RP.

Is there a way I can be a charcter from Princess Mononoke?

I love this idea. The worlds of studio Ghibli would be amazing settings for rps. The problem, of course, would be making the plot suitable for a large group of people since the movies all follow one main character. Everyone seems pretty set on The Cat Returns already (which is one of my favorites), but I might as well write down my ideas for the other movies as well. Prepare for a lot of brainstorming.

Spirited Away: For this one players could be spirits who have forgotten their names and, as a result, are forced to work in the bathhouse under Yubaba. This idea would have to rely a lot on character interactions I feel, since working at a bathhouse isn't the most exciting thing for your character to be doing. It would also require a lot of character development because of this. We would need some canon characters though, such as Yubaba and Kamaji, so that is something to keep in mind.

Howl's Moving Castle: This can take place either after or during the war. I'm partial to after just because most wizards/witches were fighting in the war as those little monster things, so it would fit the movie plot line better if it was after, but I could go either way (P.S. I have only seen the movie, so people who have read the book may have more information on this than me). Players could be wizards/witches or just normal people. Magic might get a little complicated if you wanted to limit it so characters aren't overpowered though. This wouldn't matter much without combat, but it is something to think about. As far as the story goes, it could become very dark if we wanted. Assuming it is taking place after the war, this could go in all sorts of directions. My idea is this: the prince has returned and the war has ended, but the wounds that the war has left behind have only begun to heal. Many people remain homeless, all their possessions swallowed by the fires, others injured, unable to work, and the lucky ones who escaped the bombs' reach have not been lucky enough to escape the poverty that the war has brought. In order to aid these suffering citizens the king has established a special group of witches and wizards that will act as a war relief squad. And so on and so forth.

The Cat Returns: In this one players would be able to be a cat, a human, or an imagined being (for lack of a better term) like Baron. As far as plot goes this may be tricky since the cat kingdom and human world are separate. I like your idea of cat kidnappers. What if this takes place in the future after Prince Lune has completed his reign? And the new ruler who has come to power hates humans, (perhaps he was abused or something) so he has decided to purge the world of the human race by turning them all into cats. The story can start with the latest batch of kidnappees waking up in the cat kingdom. The Cat Bureau (imagined beings) can already be there hoping to stop the cat king and, upon seeing the people who were kidnapped, explains what is happening to them. Then they team up, and the journey begins. Not the most believable plot, but hey it's a movie about talking cats.

Arrietty: I think this one would be especially fun to do, and it would be easy to fit in a lot of people. Players are either a tiny person living in the walls of a house or a normal-sized person living in the same house. Fairly self explanatory I think.

Princess Mononoke: I really like this movie, and I think it would make a great rp, but I've only seen it once years ago so someone else would have to come up with the plot. I just thought I'd mention it.

So those are my ideas. Take 'em or leave 'em. I just hope this helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shizuka, I must say that that was probably the best thing I've heard in a long time from something like this. I mean, all I can say is all of those ideas were amazing, especially the Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle ideas. I must say that any of those ideas would work perfectly for this! Who agrees?

Shizuka, I must say that that was probably the best thing I've heard in a long time from something like this. I mean, all I can say is all of those eine a were amazing, especially the Spirited Away, and Howl's Moving Castle ideas. I must say that any of those ideas would work perfectly for this! Who agrees?

Aww shucks, you're going to make me blush. Just glad I could help! ^.^

Aww shucks, you're going to make me blush. Just glad I could help! ^.^
It's all true, you are very creative Shizuka. :3

Aw, that's really nice of you to say. Thank you! You just made my day- well night.
G'night. Sorry about mispelling your name, it's harder to type on a tablet than on a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.